The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grannyminnie - If you are looking to do something sleighrideish, I would have to recommend the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. Our driver took us all around the campground and we were able to see many of the Christmas light displays. The guests go all out and it was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, we probably won't be back to the Lodge until early 2011. Until then, I'll need to hang out here to get my fix.
Amy
After 5 or 6 trips down last year, I am cutting back this year and will only be visiting during October my favorite time of year. (maybe Christmas too) But ya never know maybe you'll be able to visit sooner.

Beckie

Grannyminnie - If you are looking to do something sleighrideish, I would have to recommend the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. Our driver took us all around the campground and we were able to see many of the Christmas light displays. The guests go all out and it was a lot of fun.
Amy

That's why we Loved the Haunted Halloween Wagon Ride, we went all through FT. Wilderness Campground and all the campsites where decorated for Halloween, it was so much fun. Plus we had the story telling from the driver and added surprise guest that showed up during the ride.

Next Christmas trip we will try either the Carriage Ride or Regular Hay Ride over at the Campground.

Beckie

Thanks, Amy. That sounds like the better choice. And I saw a special around Christmas with some of those decorations....those folks go all out!!!:thumbsup2

Just wanted my 1000th post to go here...only 59 days until I'm back at the lodge and then I probably won't be back for 5 OR 6 years :( (no Disney trips for a while because we want to have kids and won't take them until they are around 4 or 5)

Stephanie
Congratulations on your 1000th Post. Enjoy your trip in April and PIXIE DUST on the soon to be new additions to the family.

I know many people say wait until your children reach a certain age before taking them to WDW but they will love it no matter the age. For my little ones 2 year old was very MAGICAL.

"IT'S THE BUS, THE BIG BIG BUS!" will alway have a special meaning to my family. At 15 years old my nephew still smiles when we see a Disney Bus and we all say IT'S THE BUS, THE BIG BIG BUS.

Beckie

Stephanie
Congratulations on your 1000th Post. Enjoy your trip in April and PIXIE DUST on the soon to be new additions to the family.

I know many people say wait until your children reach a certain age before taking them to WDW but they will love it no matter the age. For my little ones 2 year old was very MAGICAL.

"IT'S THE BUS, THE BIG BIG BUS!" will alway have a special meaning to my family. At 15 years old my nephew still smiles when we see a Disney Bus and we all say IT'S THE BUS, THE BIG BIG BUS.

Beckie

We went a year and a half ago when my youngest (twins) were 2 1/2 and they still say "Thats MY disney bus" every time we see a bus!
pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Stephanie

Beckie

I totally agree!

My two youngest, my granddaughter & my niece all went for the first time when they were about 18 months. Those are the most magical trips ever!

Stephanie

Beckie

That's adoreable!! :)

If it were up to me, we'd get DVC and go every year..maybe I'll eventually talk DH to go back when our kids are around 2 or so. :)

Brookelizabeth
They do carry cereal, milk and fruit. How would you like to go shopping right now?

47b7d707b3127ccebc9034be529e00000036101AbNGbJs0cMS

47b7d707b3127ccebc9030b5d3a700000035101AbNGbJs0cMS
47b7d707b3127ccebc904a0b521400000035101AbNGbJs0cMS

47b7d707b3127ccebc903658d34900000035101AbNGbJs0cMS
47b7d707b3127ccebc904a0ed32100000035101AbNGbJs0cMS

47b7d707b3127ccebc904bf0934700000036101AbNGbJs0cMS

WOW! That is wonderful!!! Thank you!

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I went back several pages and didn't see a recent post about it ...

When we were there in '06 the bus service from the WL to the MK had been suspended due to rehabbing, but it was my understanding it had been reinstated (as it says on page 1 of this FAQ). But now I'm hearing conflicting info. Can anyone confirm if there is still a direct bus to MK?

TIA!!

When we were there in '06 the bus service from the WL to the MK had been suspended due to rehabbing, but it was my understanding it had been reinstated (as it says on page 1 of this FAQ). But now I'm hearing conflicting info. Can anyone confirm if there is still a direct bus to MK?
DiznEeyore
The work over at the Magic Kingdom Bus Stops has been completed for some time now, the direct bus is running between the Lodge and Magic Kingdom as per page 1.

Do you mind me asking who or where you are receiving the conflicting reports from?

Beckie

DiznEeyore
The work over at the Magic Kingdom Bus Stops has been completed for some time now, the direct bus is running between the Lodge and Magic Kingdom as per page 1.

Do you mind me asking who or where you are receiving the conflicting reports from?

Beckie

Thanks! A friend's family came back from WDW and said sthey'd wanted to visit the WL but there wasn't a direct bus, only the boat. I knew that didn't sound right, so I wanted to check.

Fiance and I will be spending a week at the WL in May for our honeymoon!! Cannot wait. Love reading these posts.:lovestruc

Amy

That's why we Loved the Haunted Halloween Wagon Ride, we went all through FT. Wilderness Campground and all the campsites where decorated for Halloween, it was so much fun. Plus we had the story telling from the driver and added surprise guest that showed up during the ride.

Next Christmas trip we will try either the Carriage Ride or Regular Hay Ride over at the Campground.

Beckie

Halloween Wagon Ride, you say??? Do they do this every year? Sounds delightful. :)

Halloween Wagon Ride, you say??? Do they do this every year? Sounds delightful.
Boardom
It's so much fun...this pass year 2007, was the first year you could call and reserve your seat in advance. I'll post the information from last year. The dates do change from year-to-year, but by looking up what night they are on from last year you can get a good idea of when they will be available.

:hmghost: Haunted Halloween Wagon Rides 2007 :hmghost:
Roam the woods of Fort Wilderness in your Haunted Wagon with a "Vineland, Mystery, Magic or Myth" theme.
Price:
$15.00 + tax for ages 10 and up
$10.00 + tax for ages 3 - 9:
10/12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24 - 31, 2007

Tickets will be sold on a first come first come basis at the Ft. Wilderness Kennel from 8:00am to 5:00pm on the date of the Hayride. When the day's allotment is sold out, a sign will be posted in the Parking Lot. If tickets are still available, they can be purchased at Pioneer Hall starting at 6:00pm. Standby will be offered by will not be a guarantee of being able to ride.

NOTE: Advance tickets can be purchased beginning 10/10/07.

From 10/12 thru 10/27 here will be 6 hayrides each evening beginning at 7:30pm. From 10/28 - 10/31, there will be 9 hayrides each evening beginning at 6:00pm.

Groups can reserve an entire wagon in advance beginning on 10/1/07 by calling 407-824-2734. The price is $350. The maximum number of guests is 30. (The price remains the same no matter the size of your group.) The group tickets must be picked up and paid for by 12:00pm the day of the hayride or they will be resold.

I've never stayed at a Disney deluxe resort and I'm doing research for my next visit to Disney and since GF seems to be way out of my price range I wanted to ask a few questions concerning this hotel that I didn't see in the FAQs(well some are similiar but I'm looking for specific answers):

How are the buses and is there anyway to easily get to the monorail?For the VETS here how fast are they and how crowded do they get both to and from the parks?

Can you easily call a taxi here? I remeber at CSR they had taxis at the ready outside in the morning does WL do this too?

Also is this an ideal resort for just 2 people or is this more of a 'family' resort?

Is there any 'quick' places to get something to eat or is it all sit down restaurants?

Are there quiet pools or just the one big main pool with the geyser?

Sorry if these questions seem stupid but I've never stayed at a deluxe resort before I actually wanted to stay at WL for my last trip but it was much to expensive for me then, since my next trip will be shorter I think I would be able to stay at a nicer resort. Thanks in advance for whoever is kind enough to answer my questions. :)

I've never stayed at a Disney deluxe resort and I'm doing research for my next visit to Disney and since GF seems to be way out of my price range I wanted to ask a few questions concerning this hotel that I didn't see in the FAQs(well some are similiar but I'm looking for specific answers):

Hi and welcome..I'm going to give it a shot, and try and answer your questions. If I make a mistake, I'm sure someone will correct me!

How are the buses and is there anyway to easily get to the monorail?For the VETS here how fast are they and how crowded do they get both to and from the parks?

The buses are great. They do share with Ft Wilderness and sometimes the GF. I believe this varies by need. When we were there in September, it didn't take us more than maybe 20-25 minutes to get to where we were going..sometimes less!

Can you easily call a taxi here? I remeber at CSR they had taxis at the ready outside in the morning does WL do this too?

We didn't take a taxi from here, but if I recall correctly there are taxis waiting out in the parking lot. You shouldn't have a problem.

Also is this an ideal resort for just 2 people or is this more of a 'family' resort?

I think it is an ideal resort for 2 people. My husband and I don't have kids yet, and we loved staying here. In fact, it will be hard for us to stay anywhere else. I think it's a very romantic resort. It has a very cozy feel to it.

Is there any 'quick' places to get something to eat or is it all sit down restaurants?

There is a quick place to eat called Roaring Forks. I guess you could say it's the "food court" or quick service spot at the resort. We ate lunch here twice and we loved it. They have a grill for burgers and such, pizza, fresh sandwiches, and other things. They also sell snacks and you can get your refillable mug here. In the morning they serve breakfast such as cereal, oatmeal, pastries, and things off the grill such as eggs.

Are there quiet pools or just the one big main pool with the geyser?

Yes, there is a quiet pool which is over next to the villas. This is the pool DH and I used almost exclusively because it was never very crowded when we came back for our afternoon breaks

Sorry if these questions seem stupid but I've never stayed at a deluxe resort before I actually wanted to stay at WL for my last trip but it was much to expensive for me then, since my next trip will be shorter I think I would be able to stay at a nicer resort. Thanks in advance for whoever is kind enough to answer my questions. :

Your questions are not stupid at all so don't worry. I think you'll fall in love with WL just as everyone in this thread has.

Happy planning!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter