The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me the closest place to WL to buy wine? We'd like to keep a bottle or 2 in the room to save some $ :thumbsup2. We will have a car.

Also, what is the average price range for cocktails or a glass of wine at restaurants? Obsessive planner here!!! :rotfl: :rolleyes:

OK, I know of two places that are not very far. They are both down by DownTown Disney. One is Goodings (S.R. 535 & I4; 407-827-1200) and the other is ABC Liquor (11951 So. Apopka-Vineland; 407-239-0775). My preference would be the ABC store because they will have a very nice selection and their prices are much lower than Goodings. ABC is just about 1/4 mile from Goodings (which is the closest). Mapquest them and you will see.

As for prices for cocktails: approximately $5.00 to $10.00 per cocktail. Martinis are closer to $8.00. :drinking1

Wine will run around $4.00 to $8.00 a glass.

Now, you could purchase some really nice wines in the Mercantile. But they will be a little pricey (but not bad). But as you said, you have a car :car: , so I would venture out.

Also, in Epcot, drinks can run from $6.00 for beer to $10.00 - $12.00 for a glass of champagne.

Thanks to Dizneykid we have the new prices for the boat and bike rentals for Teton Boat & Bike Rental @ Wilderness Lodge, I have updated the rental prices on Page 1.

I am working on a post for the Health Club, what Sturdy Branches offers and a price list. I will add the new information to Page 1 when I have all the information.

Thanks
Beckie

Do they do prenatal massages at any of the Disney resorts? I would love to get one.

DreaGirl

Sorry it took me a few days to get the answer to your question. Yes Study Branches does have prenatal massage therapists, you will need to call in advance and depending on which trimester you are in they can schedule you.

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sturdy Branches Fitness Center 407-938-4222.

[/font][/size]
DreaGirl

Sorry it took me a few days to get the answer to your question. Yes Study Branches does have prenatal massage therapists, you will need to call in advance and depending on which trimester your in they can schedule you.

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sturdy Branches Fitness Center 407-938-4222.

Thank you! I'll be in my second.

Ok, the information on Sturdy Branches Fitness Center with rates and treatments are now located on page 1 post # 3.

Thanks once again to Dizneykid for picking up the new prices on her recent trip. She called me Saturday morning and I had her running all over the Lodge "THANK YOU" Jeanne.

Beckie

Ok, the information on Sturdy Branches Fitness Center with rates and treatments are now located on page 1 post # 3.

Thanks once again to Dizneykid for picking up the new prices on her recent trip. She called me Saturday morning and I had her running all over the Lodge "THANK YOU" Jeanne.

Beckie

Thank you both! :)

:flower3: I was a lurker a year ago while planning a trip for this past July. I got so much useful information from the WL threads. Now planning another trip (but not for 16 months :sad2: and there is no where else I would want to stay! Thanks for keeping it all up to date

I'm searching for info on the sleigh ride for the first of Dec. I skimmed the facts at the beginning of this thread but missed seeing anything about this. Help please, MAGIC , or anybody who has done the sleigh ride?

I'm searching for info on the sleigh ride for the first of Dec. I skimmed the facts at the beginning of this thread but missed seeing anything about this. Help please, MAGIC , or anybody who has done the sleigh ride?

47b8dc06b3127cceb5f9f326ee9d00000026101AbNGbJs0cMS

Photo by DizneyNutz

Grannyminnie
We did this last December while staying at the Villas, reservations open in late September I booked on the 20th the first day they opened the reservations.

Wildreness Lodge Holiday Sleigh Rides 2007:

Holidays at Walt Disney World

Back for the Christmas Holidays, this horsdrawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort.

Price: $35.00 (including tax) but not including gratuity

Can accommodate 4 adults or 2 adults with 3 children ages 9 and under.

Offered from 12/1 thru 12/30/06. This 25 minute sleigh ride departs every 30 minutes from 5:30 - 9:30pm. (Note that on 12/24, the hours are 4:00 - 8:00pm)

Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-PLAY

Anyone visiting during these dates that would enjoy booking this should call and book ASAP. Dates will fill-up quickly.

Good Luck

Sleigh is gorgeous!!

DD wants me to ask if they have the little lizards around the resort. I told her with the woods close by, I'm sure that they would be near. She still insists that I ask and is standing next to me to make sure that I do.:rolleyes2 Thanks for your help.

Thanks, MAGIC! I think I've read that it travels to FW and back. Is that correct?
Grannyminnie

The sleigh rides goes down the drive and back toward the bus stop. They actually go down the paved bike trail that runs next to the road going over to Ft. Wilderness but they stop a little more than half way to Settlement Depot and turn around.

It's very dark and very slow, while we enjoyed it...for the price plus the gratuity (we gave the driver $10.00) I think we felt that we could have spent the money a little wiser. :confused3

The fact we had just done the Haunted Halloween Wagon Ride about a month and a half before and LOVED IT SO MUCH might have influenced the experience for us.

Beckie

Sleigh is gorgeous!!

DD wants me to ask if they have the little lizards around the resort. I told her with the woods close by, I'm sure that they would be near. She still insists that I ask and is standing next to me to make sure that I do.:rolleyes2 Thanks for your help.

Yes, they do. My kids had fun looking for them in the brush around the steps up to the pool slide.

DD wants me to ask if they have the little lizards around the resort. I told her with the woods close by, I'm sure that they would be near. She still insists that I ask and is standing next to me to make sure that I do.:
Atchley
Sorry I didn't get on line sooner while your daughter was still there, put tell her YES the Lodge has a healthy population of the little lizards. They will be sunning themselves waiting on her arrival here in Florida.

Beckie

Greenanole.jpg

Leapin' Lizards!

You have no doubt seen them clinging to the shrubbery, climbing the walls and wolfing down all sorts of bugs and insects around the resort. It's Godzilla! No, it's only a Green Anole (pronounced: uh'no-lee), one of Florida's true native lizards.

Grannyminnie

The sleigh rides goes down the drive and back toward the bus stop. They actually go down the paved bike trail that runs next to the road going over to Ft. Wilderness but they stop a little more than half way to Settlement Depot and turn around.

It's very dark and very slow, while we enjoyed it...for the price plus the gratuity (we gave the driver $10.00) I think we felt that we could have spent the money a little wiser. :confused3

The fact we had just done the Haunted Halloween Wagon Ride about a month and a half before and LOVED IT SO MUCH might have influenced the experience for us.

Beckie
Thanks! I really appreciate your honest opinion.

I read on the first page that the Merchantile carries a larger selection of groceries than many resorts due to the Villas being right next door. Does anyone know off hand if they carry cereal? Such as Cheerios? Or how about some fruit, like bananas?

We will have our then 14 month old son with us and I was wondering if I would be able to stock some of this in the room, or if we'd have to go Roaring Forks each day. We will not have a car, and there is no grocery stop within walking distance, right? Or, maybe from DTD is there?

I plan to bring some in our luggage, but not risking bananas on the plane, that could be a serious mess! :rotfl:

I read on the first page that the Merchantile carries a larger selection of groceries than many resorts due to the Villas being right next door. Does anyone know off hand if they carry cereal? Such as Cheerios? Or how about some fruit, like bananas?
Brookelizabeth
They do carry cereal, milk and fruit. How would you like to go shopping right now?

47b7d707b3127ccebc9034be529e00000036101AbNGbJs0cMS

47b7d707b3127ccebc9030b5d3a700000035101AbNGbJs0cMS
47b7d707b3127ccebc904a0b521400000035101AbNGbJs0cMS

47b7d707b3127ccebc903658d34900000035101AbNGbJs0cMS
47b7d707b3127ccebc904a0ed32100000035101AbNGbJs0cMS

47b7d707b3127ccebc904bf0934700000036101AbNGbJs0cMS

Thank you so much Magic! I can't believe how much stuff they have in the mercantile. That is at least double of POFQ. Good to know.

I love this thread! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter