• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wilderness Lodge and Villas FAQ (Part 7) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any woods view rooms on the ground floor? 2 years ago, we were upgraded to a courtyard view facing the falls near the front desk and we loved it so I was hoping they had some woods view down the same hall.

Disney has offers for great discounts and availability for Saratoga Springs and Old Key West Villas this is because SSR has approx. 552 units plus they have added the Tree House Villas at Saratoga with an additional 60 units. Old Key West has 709 units so these two resorts makeup a large number of rooms/villas available for Disney inventory to offer.

There are only 181 units at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge so Disney has very few of these units to rent out. DVC Members can and do make their reservations at 11 months in advance.

They do offer the Villas but you have make your reservations way in advance.

Thanks. I have been trying for awhile now-- at first they told me the rooms had not been released yet.

I am looking for September 2010. Thought it would be an easier time given the lower crowds.

Wondering if I should book the club-level room so that we have something and keep trying to switch it.

I liked SSR just fine, but wanted to try something different.

Oh, was copying the part 6 thread for a fellow Diser and about had a heart attack that it was closed..

Then I found this one, with even more information and all I can say is THANK YOU!!!!!

90 days till WL!!!

Thank you for starting up this thread again.

I really appreciate it.

We're heading down on 12/20. And I CANNOT WAIT.

Does anyone know about the Club Level rooms with Bunk Beds? Any good ones to request? I would really love to be upgraded to a Junior Suite. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I know someone was heading down there recently for CL at WL. I'm wondering if they have a resort report for us.

Thanks to all!!

LaWa

Are there any woods view rooms on the ground floor? 2 years ago, we were upgraded to a courtyard view facing the falls near the front desk and we loved it so I was hoping they had some woods view down the same hall.

Erinm

Your question is complicated. :confused3

First you ask if there are any Wood View Rooms on the ground floor, but then you said you had a room facing the waterfalls near the front desk and you would like a woods view down the same hall.

It sounds like you were located on the 2nd floor located in the southside of the Lodge.(which is the same floor as the front desk.) If this is the area you want it isn't the ground floor, but yes there are Wood View Rooms on the 2nd floor located off this hallway.

If you look at the map from page 1, 1st post.

Wilderness Lodge Room #'s and Locations

The rooms you are asking about would be the even # rooms from 2100-2120 just click on the link above for a view of the area.
Beckie

We are going to the lodge on December 18 and I'm really glad that you started this thread again. All the information I can gather during my stay I will sure send it to you. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

We are going to the lodge on December 18 and I'm really glad that you started this thread again. All the information I can gather during my stay I will sure send it to you.

Thanks, :wave:

Having updated, correct information is vital for a information thread.

Have a Magical Visit.

Beckie

What a fantastic thread! We're heading for our first stay at the Lodge four weeks from tomorrow. Can't wait!

There are only 181 units at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge so Disney has very few of these units to rent out. DVC Members can and do make their reservations at 11 months in advance.

They do offer the Villas but you have make your reservations way in advance.

I finally got one! A two-bedroom! It popped up and it was the only one per reservationist!!! (I called to make sure the computer wasn't messing with me).

We're booked for September 18-26, 2010 in a 2-bedroom villa. Now to figure out if I have a specific room / general area request. . . .

By the way, thank you so much. This site helped me make our first full family trip fantastic in September 2008. I did a lot of planning, but I planned for a lot of down time, too. :) This site made it all work out wonderfully!

Very excited. I almost changed to BLT, but I think my boys will love the WL, and it is all about them. Love the proximity to Fort Wilderness, too. :)

Kristin

We were club level in August. We had room 7042 with bunk beds. Our 7 DD loved the beds. We had a perfect view of the fireworks at night. By day we could see the monorail and the smokehouse. Never bothered us, very private room near the rear elevator that no one uses. Going back in 2010!

We told our kids last night and they are so excited! My youngest (3) hopped up from the table and ran to his room to "pack." I made a countdown poster to help the time pass. We are all excited about staying at WL in 16 days!

I saw another thread that mentioned Ranger Stan was leaving soon. Does anyone know if he has gone for good? My sister and I met him a few trips ago and we have looked him up each time. I remember him saying that he was leaving last June (I thought). Maybe the date was changed. At any rate, I know he will be missed!

I saw another thread that mentioned Ranger Stan was leaving soon. Does anyone know if he has gone for good? My sister and I met him a few trips ago and we have looked him up each time. I remember him saying that he was leaving last June (I thought). Maybe the date was changed. At any rate, I know he will be missed!

Grannyminnie

The following post was over on the DVC Forum, it was posted on October 31, 2009 Ranger Stan has retired, he will be missed but never forgotten.

Beckie

Just a little heads-up about Ranger Stan. This morning in the WL lobby he was seated at a table signing pictures of himself for anyone who wanted one. He was unaware that this was going to happen today and that he was overwhelmed.

The picture was great - it's a shot of Stan and a young boy looking up in awe towards the ceiling. In the upper right hand corner of the picture are the words: My first day at work I was as wide-eyed as the guests. I still am. Further down on the picture are the words: I am Disney. There was a small matted poster of the picture there, also. And under the words I am Disney were the words I am Retired. I am so happy I was able to be here for Stan's last days as a CM. He is what Walt Disney hoped all his CM's would represent.

We were club level in August. We had room 7042 with bunk beds. Our 7 DD loved the beds. We had a perfect view of the fireworks at night. By day we could see the monorail and the smokehouse. Never bothered us, very private room near the rear elevator that no one uses. Going back in 2010!

Big big thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear that some bunk bed rooms have really good views. I think my kids are even more excited about WL than MK. :lmao: Of course, they will use the pool in December - no matter how cold it is. We're Chicagoans. Born stupid! :thumbsup2

Did you enjoy CL at WL? I've used the IPO for our ADRs, and I found that worth the extra we've paid. With the kids, I like having the lounge for snacks and another place to hang out. I can't nap with the kids in the afternoon. My husband has no problem napping. :sad2: So I usually hang out and read my book.

We are all so excited about our trip to WL. And I really appreciate everyone sharing on DisBoards.

LaWa
Team Ryner

[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Grannyminnie

The following post was over on the DVC Forum, it was posted on October 31, 2009 Ranger Stan has retired, he will be missed but never forgotten.

Beckie

[/SIZE][/FONT][/color]

Thanks so much, Becky, for finding this quote! I wish I had been there to wish him well and thank him for being part of the WL!
And I agree...he did have the spirit that Walt would have wanted CMs to have.

Big big thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear that some bunk bed rooms have really good views. I think my kids are even more excited about WL than MK. :lmao: Of course, they will use the pool in December - no matter how cold it is. We're Chicagoans. Born stupid! :thumbsup2

Did you enjoy CL at WL? I've used the IPO for our ADRs, and I found that worth the extra we've paid. With the kids, I like having the lounge for snacks and another place to hang out. I can't nap with the kids in the afternoon. My husband has no problem napping. :sad2: So I usually hang out and read my book.

We are all so excited about our trip to WL. And I really appreciate everyone sharing on DisBoards.

LaWa

Team Ryner

This was our first stay at WL and being CL. We enjoyed every minute of it. Once you go CL you can never go back!:thumbsup2

The CL floor is awesome, covering the entire 7th floor, very private and relaxing. You need a special door card to access the elevator. Boy, do people stare at you and ask questions when you pull it out. DD was asked what is it like up there... she replied Magical.:rotfl:

The food offerings are great for breakfast. We ate there every morning. In the afternoons I would take the paper coffee cups and fill them with snacks. We would take them to our room or the pool. The evening foods were very nice and plentiful. Cheese, crackers, PB&J, soups, stews, chix, veggies, dip, etc. My fav was dessert time! I became a big fan of Kaluha! Beer is avail in the afternoons, just ask a CM for it.

We requested a bunkbed room and got it. We requested MK view and got it. All of our ADR's were made, DH played golf, everything we asked for we got, we would call WL from anywhere in the parks and talk to a CM if we had a problem. Ask for a card with the desk phone number. Balloons were left one night for DD with a pic of Mickey and a photopass card, turndown service each evening and a candy canoe upon arrival.

One disappointment, Roaring Fork. Man, is that place small!

Long story about CMs and WDW going the extra mile... DD's favorite stuffed animal a bear vanished from the room. We believe it was wrapped up in the sheets by Mousekeeping and sent to the laundry. It was never seen again. She was a wreck!!! I had the entire hotel looking for it, but no luck. I had a "spare" back home in NY. I called my mom to FEDEX it to me since we were getting on the Disney Magic in 3 days and DD didn't want to leave without it. When the replacement arrived, the CM found me at the pool. We sprinked a trail of pixie dust in our room leading to her top bunk (scene of the crime) and left a note from Tinkerbell. Tink said she flew all the way back to NY to get the bear and bring it to Mikayla so she would have it on the ship. OMG!!! DD flipped!!!! She was thrilled. I was upset we lost the animal, but very pleased the way WL CMs handled it. Disney also covered all the shipping costs plus some. Very nice.

We're booked for WL CL in August 2010. Any questions, just ask.

I've really enjoyed this thread. We are staying at the WL for the first time in January to celebrate my 40th :eek: birthday. I'm so excited to see this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter