The Wilderness Lodge and Villas FAQ (Part 7) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Minnie&Nana's encouragement and since we're fast approaching jumbo thread status, I've been working on a new home for us. I've been uploading and editing MANY of my photos from my most recent trip and Christmas '10, so I hope to have a new thread up this week. I'll post the link here when I (finally!) have it done.

:wave:

Good Morning!! :wave:

I have a couple of photos of the Lobby and hallways etc of the Villas decorated for the holidays - pm me where to send them, if needed. Oh, and maybe 3 of the view from our corner studio. :thumbsup2

:cheer2:

We are ten days away from our trip! Woo Hoo! Almost single digits.

It looks from the Disney website like the Standard rooms are all sold out (they don't come up when you try to book a room, at least) so I am guessing that it is going to be crowded! :scared1::scared1:

:wave: I don't think it's odd - many guests do a split stay, so this wouldn't be so different.:thumbsup2

Do you have a studio or 1 bedroom at WVL? We stayed in a studio and liked it better than the Lodge. The room was larger, the Villa lobby so beautiful (we were there when it was decorated for the holidays), the walk over very peaceful. I was surprised we liked it so much! It is a very easy walk to the main pool (or the Villas have a quiet pool)...you just cut through the Villa lobby, out the back door and walk around the pool which brings you to the lake and main pool. Roaring Forks is just across the way and before the main pool there is a walkway to the water launch docks.

You could always keep checking for a room in the Lodge to open up so you do not have to move. Disney room availiblity changes constantly, so there's a chance it could happen. You could even ask at check-in if you could stay in Lodge, in the same room.

I know it's not fun to change after a couple of nights, but being in the same resort should go very smoothly.

Hope you have a wonderful stay!!:goodvibes

Thank you for this :goodvibes We are booked in a studio for that portion of the vacation. We do use the villas pool most of the trip as we like it quieter and this is very relaxing :cloud9: I'm going to ask at checkin for a room at either location for the whole trip so we don't have to move. We definitely don't need the bunk bed room we had to book at the Lodge but anything the whole stay would be nice. Otherwise at least our move should be painless as we'll be in the same resort - at least I hope so :wizard:

Good Morning!! :wave:

I have a couple of photos of the Lobby and hallways etc of the Villas decorated for the holidays - pm me where to send them, if needed. Oh, and maybe 3 of the view from our corner studio. :thumbsup2

:cheer2:
That would be great as I've got my "rough draft" finished and my photos uploaded and edited. You can either post the photos here or PM them to me and I can just copy the IMG code. Let me know the studio location and floor so I can include it with the photo. Thanks, Christine!

That would be great as I've got my "rough draft" finished and my photos uploaded and edited. You can either post the photos here or PM them to me and I can just copy the IMG code. Let me know the studio location and floor so I can include it with the photo. Thanks, Christine!

Will get them uploaded to photobucket tonight.:thumbsup2

We stayed last week for 6 nights and it was a truly great experience. CM made us feel at home, cocierge was used several times for car rental stuff and a few questions... very helpful. Mousekeeping was perfect.
Only bad part was leaving...

5th floor Courtyard north side... we also had friends staying on the same floor with some bunks and they had a decent view of fireworks and an alligator in the pond on the north side.

Roaring Forks was fine, food was pretty good. Pool was excellent, no need for waterparks.

One thing I wish they had was more resort specific merchandise. Ran out of the t shirt I wanted...

Thanks to Minnie&Nana's encouragement and since we're fast approaching jumbo thread status, I've been working on a new home for us. I've been uploading and editing MANY of my photos from my most recent trip and Christmas '10, so I hope to have a new thread up this week. I'll post the link here when I (finally!) have it done.

Hi there! :wave:

I have quite a few pictures of various views. We stayed 7th floor and, I think, 5th or 4th both inner courtyard view with beautiful pictures of the lake and the pool and some of the high fireworks and the parade. :thumbsup2 I also have pictures from the roof as the flag family! :thumbsup2

We stayed last week for 6 nights and it was a truly great experience. CM made us feel at home, cocierge was used several times for car rental stuff and a few questions... very helpful. Mousekeeping was perfect.
Only bad part was leaving...

5th floor Courtyard north side... we also had friends staying on the same floor with some bunks and they had a decent view of fireworks and an alligator in the pond on the north side.

Roaring Forks was fine, food was pretty good. Pool was excellent, no need for waterparks.

One thing I wish they had was more resort specific merchandise. Ran out of the t shirt I wanted...

I'm sorry they ran out of the shirt you wanted. We were there for 12 nights and left on the 5th and from the time we arrived to when we checked-out there was a big run on the clearance merchandise which was marked half-off. Most of the clearance merchandise had disappeared by the time we checked-out. I was told that they were getting rid of some of the resort merchandise and the CM didn't know what would replace it. I guess you'll just have to go back soon to see what new merchandise they have;).

Hi there! :wave:
:wave: Your trip is just around the corner!

I have quite a few pictures of various views. We stayed 7th floor and, I think, 5th or 4th both inner courtyard view with beautiful pictures of the lake and the pool and some of the high fireworks and the parade. :thumbsup2 I also have pictures from the roof as the flag family! :thumbsup2
Do you have photos of the Flag Family ceremony? Those would be great in the new thread! Could you PM some to me before you leave? If not, I can put them in later when you get back home. Thanks!

The new thread is up and running, but it's still under construction. Hope to see everyone there!

Hi everyone. We are staying at WL (first time at Disney :woohoo:) for our honeymoon this December. I am going crazy planning an itinerary. Just wondering how long it will take to get to each park. I know WL is in the MK area so it will not take long by bus or boat and that we have to take a bus to everything else. I know it also depends on crowds, but can anyone give me a rough idea how long to allow to get to MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, and Downtown Disney? I want to get there at opening! Thanks for your help! Kara :confused3

Hi everyone. Here now. We booked bunkbed woods view but got bb inner cy view room 2121 which is awesome. We are on the lobby level/ground floor and overlook the bubblin brook and little bridge. I will post pics later.

Hi everyone. We are staying at WL (first time at Disney :woohoo:) for our honeymoon this December. I am going crazy planning an itinerary. Just wondering how long it will take to get to each park. I know WL is in the MK area so it will not take long by bus or boat and that we have to take a bus to everything else. I know it also depends on crowds, but can anyone give me a rough idea how long to allow to get to MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, and Downtown Disney? I want to get there at opening! Thanks for your help! Kara :confused3
If you post your question to the new thread (link below), you'll probably get more answers from those who do rope drop. We never do RD, however, I would suggest taking the first bus of the day to make RD. It starts about one hour prior to park opening.

Hi everyone. Here now. We booked bunkbed woods view but got bb inner cy view room 2121 which is awesome. We are on the lobby level/ground floor and overlook the bubblin brook and little bridge. I will post pics later.

The new (8/11) WL/VWL thread is located here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2778033

Please post your photos there and congratulations on the upgrade:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter