• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

That stinks about Greg and the concert.

I am due on the 23rd. I was a day early with DS, wouldn't mind being a couple of days early this time around either. ;)

I have international calling so our plan is still a go!;)

=
Meeting went well, though my unplanned lunch nearly ate through all my points for the day :rolleyes1 They don't have a core plan anymore; they combined both plans into the momentum plan :confused3

The Core plan is now "simply Filling" and is in the week 6 book. If that is what you want I can help you; I swear that the reason that they don't push it is because there are no products that WW can push!

Im pretty tired but just wanted pop in on my " fine lassies ;)" on the WFD.

Have a good night and for no other reason than youse are just youse....

Sendin love and :hug: ower the water to youse all !!

Night,night xxx

Gosh, you make me feel special!

Now that you mentioned your tags, have you explained the poop medal?
:confused3:confused3:confused3 I need to know now!

Nighty night....I kinda like being called a fine lassie too!;)

Me too! I need to go have dinner. I have had two glasses of wine and better eat

Had long reply typed out and got booted again. :mad::mad::mad:

Are you people having this problem, or is it just me?

So, photo only. Change of menu. Roast chicken zuni style, recipe posted in one of our old threads. Lots of leftovers.

3527351880_91ebc6c302.jpg

Hey Y'all "fine lassies"! :laughing:

Vickie, So sweet of you checking in on us after the "footie"! :goodvibes

I also hope everyone is having a good evening.

We had a yummy dinner, caprese salad with REAL mozzarella! Angelina brought it from Alleva Dairy in NYC. WF's fresh mozz. has nothing on this, I only thought that was good! We also had sauteed fresh spinach, bacan wrapped scallops & a canellini bean dish with basil & a leftover lambchop from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I took a pic but haven't downloaded it yet.

Maria, I'm really happy Greg is doing so well! Great news!:wizard::flower3:

Aimee, Nan & Marisa are a wealth of info on the "core plan"! Glad you liked the meeting.

I hate to ask with all the problems we've all been having... but I'm requesting prayers for someone else! My sonIL Josh's little sister Courtney (24) is having surgery tomorrow to repair her arm that was damaged badly in a wreck last year. Her arm did not heal properly & she can't straighten it. They are going to have to do radiation to stop that bone growth & then break the elbow socket. They will have to keep her in for 3 days under sedation and "work" the joint. Then she is looking at a painful recovery period. To make matters worse she has very serious juvenile diabetes & they will be removing her pump for the procedure.

She goes in early but the surgery is long, so I don't know if I'll hear anything before I go for my injection appt tomorrow. Depending on how loopy I am after, I will try to let y'all know how it goes!

The Core plan is now "simply Filling" and is in the week 6 book. If that is what you want I can help you; I swear that the reason that they don't push it is because there are no products that WW can push!

Mmmm... the lady leading my session told 2 women who were coming back after 2 years that there wasn't a core plan anymore. They must be hiding it! :laughing: I think I'm going to stick with the points plan first and see how it goes...

I hate to ask with all the problems we've all been having... but I'm requesting prayers for someone else! My sonIL Josh's little sister Courtney (24) is having surgery tomorrow to repair her arm that was damaged badly in a wreck last year. Her arm did not heal properly & she can't straighten it. They are going to have to do radiation to stop that bone growth & then break the elbow socket. They will have to keep her in for 3 days under sedation and "work" the joint. Then she is looking at a painful recovery period. To make matters worse she has very serious juvenile diabetes & they will be removing her pump for the procedure.

She goes in early but the surgery is long, so I don't know if I'll hear anything before I go for my injection appt tomorrow. Depending on how loopy I am after, I will try to let y'all know how it goes!

OUCH! :eek: Poor girl. :hug:

This is what I made for dinner:

Lemon Herb Pasta w/Smoked Salmon

1 pound bowtie pasta
1 lemon
2 cups torn arugula
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons EVOO
4 boiled eggs, chopped (I thought it was a little eggy and would use less next time)
Bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into small pieces
Grated parmesean
Dill (I used dried, fresh would be good)
Salt and pepper to taste
Smoked salmon (I used 8 ounces)

Cook pasta and asparagus (to preference), drain, rinse with cold water.

Blend together zest of lemon, juice of lemon, EVOO, and salt/pepper.

Mix in large bowl pasta and asparagus, arugula, chopped eggs, dill, and pine nuts. Add cheese and lemon/oil mixture and blend well. Top with smoked salmon (I tore it into small pieces).

I am making chili this morning for tonight's dinner. Instead of using 2 lbs. of ground beef/turkey, I've been using 1 lb. and adding some browned smoked sausage. Boy is it good.

Does anyone have a good chicken salad recipe that isn't too mayonnaise-y? I had a really good one at Panera this weekend and I've got a hankering to make some. Any help is appreciated.

Lindsay - It was great to log on and see your typeface again!

I need to ask for some prayers, if you guys don't mind.

Thanks and keep us updated on the little one.

Yowsa do that whole meal look tasty!!

Morning Y'all,

Hey friends tough morning here. Feeling under the weather but better than last night.

Hope you all are doing better today. :hug:

Keep us updated. That poor girl :(

Had long reply typed out and got booted again. :mad::mad::mad:

Are you people having this problem, or is it just me?

I'm not having a problem, are you getting kicked off the DIS?

Prayers for Courtney and for you today.:hug:

WFD - Oven BBQ babyback ribs, baked beans and a salad.

GOOD MORNING

fussy baby so quick check in...

Andrew has a game tonight so dinner will be quick...cheeseburger or sausage, pepper and onion heros.

he got hit in the head with a ball last night :headache:...seems to be ok...just a small egg and the imprint of the threads.

have a great day...bbl...i hope. tom is home trying to get caught up with yard work, etc.

Have a good night and for no other reason than youse are just youse....

You are the original "Fine Lassie" :grouphug:

Girls, I know ...I can't believe I am so close. With my first one I had everything ready by now, I just feel so behind, excited, but behind.

You did not have a 2 YO the first time around!

We leave June 19th.......I was going to go with Greg to the concert but he just informed me he may be back in Boston...ugh timing!

Good night Vickie:hug:

Springsteen was :yay::yay: I am glad that Greg is feeling better, maybe Boston won't get in the way.

I was going to tell this to Aimee since I thought it might be helpful to her, but maybe it would be good for all of us. I came across a show on lifetime called "Cook Yourself Thin." There recipes look really good and flavorful, pretty easy to for someone as busy as Aimee.

I am going to look this one up!

Kids and genetics....not always fair!

She is in my thoughts and prayers today.

Mmmm... the lady leading my session told 2 women who were coming back after 2 years that there wasn't a core plan anymore. They must be hiding it! :laughing: I think I'm going to stick with the points plan first and see how it goes...

Marisa actually had to call WW to get more info. There is not a Core plan. The name changed and it is Simply Filling, not counting points, just your WP's and AP's are counted. I believe that the leaders do not push the plan because you really cannot use most of the products that are on the shelves or that are sold in stores. For instance, the frozen dinners are nowhere near Core, they have white pasta and the point values are high, these need to be counted. So noone following Core buys them, we make our own dinners and freeze the leftovers for lunches.

Let us know if we can help you get the bigest bang out of your daily points.

Dinner is grilled steak, a starch and a veggie and salad. I will look to see what I have the is easy. We will have a late dinner after WW and Kady's First Communion rehearsal.

catch up from this page...;)

prayers for courtney.

aimee, that recipe looks yummy!

now i lost my train of thought....must be this cutie staring at me!!!!

Lauren- Oh no! You must have been scared for at least a little bit. Hope Tommy is better soon!

GOOD MORNING

fussy baby so quick check in...

Andrew has a game tonight so dinner will be quick...cheeseburger or sausage, pepper and onion heros.

he got hit in the head with a ball last night :headache:...seems to be ok...just a small egg and the imprint of the threads.

have a great day...bbl...i hope. tom is home trying to get caught up with yard work, etc.

Oh no! It's always so hard to see a kid get hit by a ball, especially when it's your kid. Hope he's feeling better.:hug:

Good Morning Everyone!

I know Kady will be fine with her weight but I am not used to her being anything but thin. When she was 5 1/2 and diagnosed with food allergies she was only 28 pounds. It is exactly two years later, and she is 54 pounds. She almost doubled her weight. She didnt look like she was a healthy weight before at all. Now she does. Her doctor said she is solid with muscles in her legs because she does gymnastics.

Now that it is warm she can go outside. She asked if we could have fresh fruit with dinner so tonight I am grilling some chicken, baking some potatoes and cutting up fresh watermelon. So that should be a good dinner. Last night before dance, all the kids in our complex came out and they were playing hide and seek and coloring with sidewalk chalk. She was happy to be running around. We are in a condo and there are like 16 of them in a big square with a huge courtyard in the middle. I love it because Kady can play and I dont have to watch her every minute. There arent streets or cars around.

Maria that stinks about the concert. I bet I know people who would go with you!!!:rolleyes:

Sheryl I will keep courtney in my thoughts today. Please let us know how she did when you find out.

Aimee WW doesnt give out much info on the simply filling plan. If you have questions or just want to chit chat, we are here!

Have a great day!

Morning ladies,

Sheryl, prayers for Courtney. There are always enough to go around. I hope you and Alexis are having a better day as well.

Lauren, hugs to A. Ouch:sad2: like you needed that stress. I hope his head feels better today. Did you have fun shopping for your little guy?

Glynis, continued prayers for Claire adn her parents.

Ellen, I hope eveyone is hanging in there at this emotional time.

Maria, so have you done any shopping for your cruise? I loved putting my cruise wear together for my honeymoon.

:flower3: Hi to everyone else I have missed.

Going to my parents house later today for dinner. Dad has a follow up Dr. appointment today and I have to get to run some errands before heading over. Fill you all in later on WFD.

ANN

Morning ladies! WFD tonight will be frozen pizza, I think. :rolleyes1 But hey, there won't be any leftovers and it will easy clean-up.

Kathy--what did you think of Kris last night? I hope they show more of the hometown stuff tonight. We were really slow at work last night, so I voted for 2 hours straight--or I should say tried to vote. Out of 300+ calls I connected 60 times. I hope that's a good sign for him!

Marissa--If it makes you feel any better, I'm always paranoid over my Miss Emma's weight. It doesn't help that I have a terrible body image (thanks Mom ;)) But when she was a baby she was a CHUNK--over 100 percentile in weight. When she was 2 the nurse told me her bmi was too high! On a 2 year old, really!!! Since then she's consistently been getting taller and not changing much in the weight dept. Now she's down to the 70th percentile and her ped this year talked to her about making good choices with eating. We try, and it's hard--but I think as long as you present a good image to look up to (and you do, I still am amazed at your weight loss!) she'll be great.

Aimee--glad the first meeting went well. Pts. worked for me, I just couldn't get into the core plan.

Glynis--your trip sounds like so much fun!

Okay, ladies, gotta run. Going to get my hair cut after dropping the kids off at school and then need to grab some plane snacks for our trip tomorrow.

Morning ladies! WFD tonight will be frozen pizza, I think. :rolleyes1 But hey, there won't be any leftovers and it will easy clean-up.

Kathy--what did you think of Kris last night? I hope they show more of the hometown stuff tonight. We were really slow at work last night, so I voted for 2 hours straight--or I should say tried to vote. Out of 300+ calls I connected 60 times. I hope that's a good sign for him!

Stephanie, safe travels. I thought Kris was great last night. I am hoping he makes the finals. I am so tired of the way the judges praise Adam, like he already won. Just my AI two cents.

Courtney is in my prayers! So are you, my friend! I'm hoping that your injection goes well today. Take care of yourself.

I am making chili this morning for tonight's dinner. Instead of using 2 lbs. of ground beef/turkey, I've been using 1 lb. and adding some browned smoked sausage. Boy is it good.

Does anyone have a good chicken salad recipe that isn't too mayonnaise-y? I had a really good one at Panera this weekend and I've got a hankering to make some. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and keep us updated on the little one.

Your chili sounds really good! I may have to try that!

I don't have a favorite chicken salad recipe. When I want it, I just bug my step mother in law and she'll make it for the next family gathering. Sorry!

No new news on Claire. The good news is that she's holding her own, and still breathing on her own. They haven't had to put her on oxygen, so that is wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter