The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

I forgot something I wanted to ask!

DH is trying to figure out if we should try the DDP for the October trip. He even did a spread sheet on it! He is still unsure.

Do any of you that eat at mostly Signature Rests. use the DDP?

We'd have to pay for the DDP because we are DVCer's. The cost would be $560. We have 5 sign. rests booked & one breakfast.

We're using the DxDP for the first time this trip, we're doing:

Fulton’s (L)
Flying Fish (D)
California Grill (D)
Brown Derby (L)
Citricos (D)
Liberty tree Tavern (L)
JIKO (D)
Grand Floridian Café (B)

:hug:

Dinner tonight will be shrimp and grits I think.

Have you shared the recipe before?

We spoke to Miranda. The agency told her that we insisted on a paycut for the mornings! She was really upset & too stressed out, scared to call us about it. She said she would come out tomorrow.

:mad: It's too bad you have to even mess with an agency.

Today is Elizabeth's Birthday so we are going out for dinner tonight for her special dinner. She has chosen Red Lobster.

Have a great day everyone and I will try to BBL

Happy birthday, Elizabeth!! :yay: And yummy cheddar bay biscuits! :laughing:

John's taking a client to the Red Sox tonight so I am on my own. I am going to attempt (ATTEMPT being the operative word here) to grill a pizza. I have never done this before so we'll see how it comes out. I will take pictures of the result, either because I made a beautiful pizza, or because I have a photo of a charred dripping mess to make you laugh. :laughing:

Backup plan is thai curried vegetables.

I'm glad you're trying that - I've wanted to but am too scared :scared:

Sorry everyone just a quick check-in. Mother-in-law decided (she was out of it from the meds.) she had to use the restroom she just tried to get up. Well with no hip joint you aren't going to walk any where so down to the floor she went. Been at hospitol all yesterday and today. I may go see her now but may not touch her.

Oh no!! that must have been incredibly painful.

I forgot something I wanted to ask!

DH is trying to figure out if we should try the DDP for the October trip. He even did a spread sheet on it! He is still unsure.

Do any of you that eat at mostly Signature Rests. use the DDP?

We'd have to pay for the DDP because we are DVCer's. The cost would be $560. We have 5 sign. rests booked & one breakfast.

I've done the DDP once - when it was free, back when they included appetizer and tip. Not now. I honestly don't think it's that great of a deal anymore(esp if you have to pay rack rate on hotel to get it). Mom gets a discount, and we often share meals since the portions are large. Plus the tip amt can be HUGE on some of those tabs and I don't usually want dessert.

I didn't post earlier what I'm having for dinner - I get to drink a gallon on scope prep! :banana: :sick: My procedures are in the morning. I've been on a mostly liquid only diet since Sunday so here's hoping it won't be too bad. I'm sucking down one more Iced Mocha before starting :laughing: I'm so hungry!!!

Good news!! I went to my first WW meeting in two MONTHS since my crazy summer schedule started and I still lost weight :woohoo: I argued with the lady when she told me that, since I haven't done points in 2 months either. But evidently the added activity with the camps and trips help offset the poor choices I had made. I'm back on track, that gave me an extra boost to know I don't have to start over again.

Aimee - Good luck with your procedures in the morning and Congrats on the continued weight loss!!!!

Sheryl I have only used the Dining experience card from the Annual pass. I think they changed the name of the card to around the world or something goofy like that. I always thought that was my best deal.:confused3

Marilyn, Your DM would drive me right over the edge!!! OMGoodness! I will pray for you to have strength. :hug:

Aimee, Good job on the wieght loss!:thumbsup2 Never argue with the WW counselor when they tell you it's good. That is when you jump off the scale before she can change her mind. :laughing: You poor thing I feel your pain over the scope regimen! After I get over my surgery, I have to schedule one. Yuck I hate it. Prayers it all goes.... yes prayers that it all goes! ;):laughing:

Seriously though I'll be praying that it the test is easy for you.:flower3:

Kat, Did anyone help you figure out how it will work?

Lauren, I read your journal. :thumbsup2

Again Thanks all for getting mad for me!:grouphug: I think we are both now resigned to the fact that they will screw up & too tired of it to get mad anymore. We would love to fire them, but right now that's just not an option.

Sheryl I have only used the Dining experience card from the Annual pass. I think they changed the name of the card to around the world or something goofy like that. I always thought that was my best deal.:confused3

Janice, Tables in Wonderland is the goofy name! We do have one of those that we purchased on this last trip. That's another question, I wonder if they'd let us use that discount for the alcohol? :confused3

Kat, Did anyone help you figure out how it will work?

Nope, I just like not having to budget for every meal and I know we'd be spending a lot more based on what we'd probably order. I really like having it paid up front and not having to worry about it.:goodvibes

Janice, Tables in Wonderland is the goofy name! We do have one of those that we purchased on this last trip. That's another question, I wonder if they'd let us use that discount for the alcohol? :confused3

Yes, the discount is on alcohol also. Unless Disney has changed it recently.

Nope, I just like not having to budget for every meal and I know we'd be spending a lot more based on what we'd probably order. I really like having it paid up front and not having to worry about it.:goodvibes

Bob has been trying hard to work it out. He believes it would save us money, but then his spreadsheet is showing that it won't. :confused3

We have mostly the adr's Maria booked.

Flying Fish
Citrico's
Cali Grill
Jiko
Kouzzina
Captain's Grill Breakfast

Bob has been trying hard to work it out. He believes it would save us money, but then his spreadsheet is showing that it won't. :confused3

We have mostly the adr's Maria booked.

Flying Fish
Citrico's
Cali Grill
Jiko
Kouzzina
Captain's Grill Breakfast

I wish I had someone to help me with this kind of stuff....:rolleyes:

I have been craving a lobster roll since you mentioned it the other day.:rolleyes1

Sorry about that! I did not get the clams tonight. I decided to just stay in the cool house and make pizza (very quick since I was testing a new pre-made pizza shell) and a spinach salad.

Aimee -- Good luck at the doctors tomorrow. I'm sorry you have a rough night ahead of you...hopefully, your liquid diet the past couple of days will make it easier. Great job on the weight loss!

I wonder if they'd let us use that discount for the alcohol?

That is the best part of that card! We have never done DDP, so I am just guessing, but maybe it wouldn't save you money because you would need to use two dinner credits for each signature dining, so you would need to pay out-of-pocket for anything extra. Like I said, we haven't done the plan, but we do love our Tables of Wonderland card.

I wish I had someone to help me with this kind of stuff....:rolleyes:

He's having trouble estimating how much we normally spend on those meals. Of course due to my before surgery cleaning, I threw out a bunch of Disney dining receipts.

When or If he thinks he has it figured out, I'll send you the spreadsheet.

That is the best part of that card! We have never done DDP, so I am just guessing, but maybe it wouldn't save you money because you would need to use two dinner credits for each signature dining, so you would need to pay out-of-pocket for anything extra. Like I said, we haven't done the plan, but we do love our Tables of Wonderland card.

I've been happy using the card. I just wish the F&W booths would take it! Now that would be a money-saver! :laughing:

DH is thinking that because we'll do more even TS dining this time, so maybe it would pay off. We usually share something either apptz or entrees, which we might not do as much of this time. (because of seating or peer pressure :laughing:). Every place but Captain's Grill would require 2 credits.

He's having trouble estimating how much we normally spend on those meals. Of course due to my before surgery cleaning, I threw out a bunch of Disney dining receipts.

When or If he thinks he has it figured out, I'll send you the spreadsheet.

I think All Ears has menus with prices.

What I meant was if we did DDP. I wonder if they would allow us to use the TIW discount on the alcohol?

you might want ask on the restaurant thread. I thought someone asked before I thought you can use both but I am not certain. :confused3
I remember someone had made a spreadsheet with cost comparisions let me look around.
Ahah here you go liquor and dining plan
If I have a Tables in Wonderland (formerly DDE) card, can I use it for alcoholic beverages when I am on the dining plan?
You may use Tables in Wonderland at any participating restaurant to get a discount on off-plan items such as appetizers or alcoholic beverages. These will be billed separately.
Anyone hear yet from Maria?

Ann Sorry to hear about peanuts sore bottom

Have you shared the recipe before?

No, I really didn't. It was more of a throw all this in a pan and eat thing. :rotfl: I can figure one out though. The grits are just instant that I add cheese, salt and pepper too and the cheese depends on what I am eating it with. For fish I use goat cheese, about a 1/4 c per serving, for the curried shrimp I use cheddar.

I need to stay out of the grocery store. :headache: Went to Harris Teeter just to pick up shrimp, they had 2lb bags of raw medium for $7.98, and ended up spending $30.

you might want ask on the restaurant thread. I thought someone asked before I thought you can use both but I am not certain. :confused3
I remember someone had made a spreadsheet with cost comparisions let me look around.
Ahah here you go liquor and dining plan
Anyone hear yet from Maria?

Wow Janice, You're good!! :thumbsup2Thanks! That helps, I've got a few questions, I'll have to go ask some DDP experts over there.

That's where we are using our snack credits, great value!!:thumbsup2

See you do know some of the answers! :goodvibes
Thats one of my questions I'll have to go ask. If you can use CS credits for Snack credits?
We don't do much CS at all during F&W, but we do a lot of eating & drinking at the booths!

I was hoping Maria had checked in. I guess she's emotionally spent. Thinking of you with :upsidedow &:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter