The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

I think I will go with baked potatoes, and Aimee, I love asparagus, so i can do that and maybe brownies

Morning Y'all,

It was a rough one here. The aide (Miranda the one we've trusted) was a no show this morning.

Way back when Bob had an agreement with the agency,

To top that off, Bob had a minor car accident yesterday during lunch. He said it was his fault too.

I am so glad that Bob is okay after the accident! I know why you helped this morning but I am angry for you. It is inexcusable that the agency cut the aides pay, the agreement is between you and the agency, her rate should not be affected. I cannot accept a no call no show. Unless she could not get to the phone there is no reason. Has the agency had a response?

Funny about the soup, My mom had Donny eat it but was afraid for my DBIL to try it. I think she had an inkling that she used a "tad" too many peppers and was saving Mike, if Donny survived he would have his container. If not :confused3

I have my MIL coming over today and I am making dinner. She is not my favorite person in the world, so instead of poisoning her I think I will kill her with kindness:rolleyes:

The only part of the dinner I have for definite is grilled filet wrapped in bacon. What else could I make? I need some sides and a dessert... HELP!!!

She is not going to like that! :lmao: SHe wants to dislike you!

I agree that a baked potato, a green veggie and a big salad is perfect. Buy a cake or pie at the market.

Ladies, Marisa sent me a "recipe" for make your own Wrinkle Release. I was not sure but made it and I am hooked! Use a couple T fabric softener, a couple T alcohol, and fill the bottle with water. Wrinkles are just falling out! Welby brings Nola's little things over and it is not a secret that she does not iron. It is also no secret that I haul mine out before I take Nola out in her little dresses :rotfl: She had a little ruffled rumba dress that I was dreading though so I sprayed the ruffles and smoothes them out. Perfect!

Sheryl - I'm so sorry you guys are having aide problems, it was sounding so positive. I'm also sorry about the accident, but very greatful it was minor and Bob is OK.:hug:

We spoke to Miranda. The agency told her that we insisted on a paycut for the mornings! She was really upset & too stressed out, scared to call us about it. She said she would come out tomorrow.

Marisa, I like Aimee suggestion of asparagus. I forgot about dessert, I'm not a baker either. One thing I have done that looks impressive is a trifle. Store bought angelfood cake, pudding, fresh fruit layers, with whipped cream on top. It's really pretty & it looks like you worked hard on it.

Maria, I'm praying that your day goes well!:flower3:

A really quick fly by for me today. I am so sorry. This is Our Monthly Reporter day and I am swamped. I don't even have time to read back but I will later and catch op on all of you.

Please know I am thinking of you all and sending good thoughts.

Today is Elizabeth's Birthday so we are going out for dinner tonight for her special dinner. She has chosen Red Lobster.

Have a great day everyone and I will try to BBL

Ladies, Marisa sent me a "recipe" for make your own Wrinkle Release. I was not sure but made it and I am hooked! Use a couple T fabric softener, a couple T alcohol, and fill the bottle with water. Wrinkles are just falling out! Welby brings Nola's little things over and it is not a secret that she does not iron. It is also no secret that I haul mine out before I take Nola out in her little dresses :rotfl: She had a little ruffled rumba dress that I was dreading though so I sprayed the ruffles and smoothes them out. Perfect!

NO WAY!! Really?? I am totally trying this. I will confess that I don't even own an iron. My dry cleaner loves me. :rotfl: What proportions did you use?

We spoke to Miranda. The agency told her that we insisted on a paycut for the mornings! She was really upset & too stressed out, scared to call us about it. She said she would come out tomorrow.

So the agency was trying to make you the bad guy?? Ridiculous. I am glad that she is coming back tomorrow.

John's taking a client to the Red Sox tonight so I am on my own. I am going to attempt (ATTEMPT being the operative word here) to grill a pizza. I have never done this before so we'll see how it comes out. I will take pictures of the result, either because I made a beautiful pizza, or because I have a photo of a charred dripping mess to make you laugh. :laughing:

Backup plan is thai curried vegetables.

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love RR!

Ellen- I just finished your TR and I was chuckling a lot! When we stayed at CBR Marisa and Jeff kept comparing the transportation to the Poly, by the last day I was :dance3:. I called Buddy and was telling him that they hated the busses but he agreed with me.....two trips for the price of one trumps the Poly almost any day :rotfl:My crew played cards a lot when we were vacationing together. They had dragged the chairs to Marisa's room so they could all play, but hey! It's Disney and cards are so much more fun there!

I have to tell you., I love AKL and I liked the Poly, they conveniences of the monorail are worth a lot and there is no view like the Savannah......but we always seem to look to POFQ now, Marisa and Jeff have come a long way over to the "Bud and Nan" side :rotfl2:

Nola just blew me a kiss today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been working on it and her Mom said she did over the weekend. I am :cloud9:

Today is Elizabeth's Birthday so we are going out for dinner tonight for her special dinner. She has chosen Red Lobster.

Have a great day everyone and I will try to BBL

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!!!!! :flower3:

Nola just blew me a kiss today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been working on it and her Mom said she did over the weekend. I am :cloud9:

I love it!...So darn cute!

-----
Maria, thinking of you today. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Sheryl, sorry to hear about Bob's fender bender but so glad he is fine.
-----

Emma and I had dr. appointments today. I had my stitch removed and was advised to keep bacitracin and a bandaid on it. Who knew I was so darn smart, I should have been a Dr. !!! :lmao: I ran into an old friend from school at the OB. I have not seen her in over 20 years, except on TV...she is a TV anchorwoman. It was so nice and she was exactly the same. She asked if I was on facebook, boy I really need to get with the times I guess.

I had Emma to the Dr. also. I had seen a little blood in her diapers. Fortunately, she just has a sore bottom from going so much. Dr. told me lots of vasiline and TLC. My poor little princess.

Donny tried the stew she made and nearly died! She did not know that those tiny peppers were hot and tossed all six in the soup!
:eek:

Marisa sent me a "recipe" for make your own Wrinkle Release.

I think I have out in the sun too long today because when I first read this, I thought you were talking about some kind of skin product. I couldn't figure out why you would put fabric softener on your face. :laughing: I will try it on my clothes though.

We spoke to Miranda. The agency told her that we insisted on a paycut for the mornings!

That's so ridiculous! I am glad everything has been worked out, and she'll be back tomorrow. I'm also glad Bob is okay.

Nola just blew me a kiss today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So cute!

Ann -- I'm glad everything is okay with Emma.

Happy Birthday Elizabeth! Have fun tonight, Ellen.

Marisa -- I hope your dinner goes well.

Thanks everyone for the cheers and congrats for Liam!

Dinner tonight was supposed to be fried clams. My dad was going to bring them to me, along with some things from the Farmer's Market. It's too hot for him though, so I have to make other plans. I might just go get the clams myself.

Laura, :cheer2: Way to go Liam! Glad they are having a winning streak.
Fried clams sound great, go treat yourself. I have been craving a lobster roll since you mentioned it the other day.:rolleyes1

Trying my best to catch up here, sorry if I miss anyone or anything.:guilty:

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!!

Marisa – From all the suggestions it looks like a great meal tonight!:goodvibes

Maria – Hoping to hear from you soon!

Sheryl – That agency really ticks me off, trying to shift the blame to y’all.:headache:

Becky – Good luck grilling the pizza tonight!

Nan – How sweet, gotta get a pic of Nola blowing a kiss!:goodvibes

Ann – Glad you made out OK with your doc and poor little Emma, keep that bottom lubed up.:laughing:

Sorry everyone just a quick check-in. Mother-in-law decided (she was out of it from the meds.) she had to use the restroom she just tried to get up. Well with no hip joint you aren't going to walk any where so down to the floor she went. Been at hospitol all yesterday and today. I may go see her now but may not touch her.

Sheryl- sorry about Bobs accident and health care problems.

Maria- hope everything went well today.

Ann- glad Emma is doing well. That diaper rash is nasty no fun.

Nancy- Enjoy the waves and kiss while you can.

Laura-Glad Liam is on a winning strick:cheer2:

Amy- hope your feeling better I don't know how you keep up your schedule

Lauren-I'm envious of your weight loss keep it up :worship:

Sorry if I missed anyone I'll be back

Sorry everyone just a quick check-in. Mother-in-law decided (she was out of it from the meds.) she had to use the restroom she just tried to get up. Well with no hip joint you aren't going to walk any where so down to the floor she went. Been at hospitol all yesterday and today. I may go see her now but may not touch her.

My word, you've surely had your hands full lately.:hug: Hoping MIL is better.

Ann – Glad you made out OK with your doc and poor little Emma, keep that bottom lubed up.:laughing:

Lubed up, exactly!!! :lmao: Her little bottom is fine because I have been right on top of that with A&D oinment, but her poor little internal exit ;) is irritated because she is a p00ping machine! At least I am not dealing with a constipation issue.

----

Lauri, sorry to hear about MIL...sending well wishes! :grouphug:

My brain is befuddled! I can't keep up with all my well wishers! Thanks to all of you for the concern. I love each & everyone of you. :love::grouphug:

Happy Birthday to Elizabeth!

Ellen, Enjoy the dinner!

Nancy, I'm going to have to try that! I buy a lot of the Downy Wrinkle Release, that formula would be much cheaper! Thanks for posting it & Thanks to Marisa for sending it to you!

Ann, Your poor little pooping machine! I'm so glad she is okay & it is just irritation.

Laura, I hope you get your clams!

Becky, I've been scared to try pizza on the grill! I'm anxious to hear (& see) how it turns out.

Lauri, I'm so sorry that your MIL fell! Sending more prayers for her. It's good that at least you were able to go see her, I know you feel better about that!

I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Nan - could you post the measurements on that wrinkle release recipe? I'm like Becky, I don't iron, I have one, just don't use it....my dry cleaner loves me too.:rolleyes1

I forgot something I wanted to ask!

DH is trying to figure out if we should try the DDP for the October trip. He even did a spread sheet on it! He is still unsure.

Do any of you that eat at mostly Signature Rests. use the DDP?

We'd have to pay for the DDP because we are DVCer's. The cost would be $560. We have 5 sign. rests booked & one breakfast.

I think you need to fire that agency! :sad2: Stupid people.

I may need good wishes myself coming up here soon. :headache:

We are having the heat/ac and dryer vents in our house cleaned in about two weeks. I have a major amount of cleaning up to do downstairs, all my sewing stuff is under the vent in the family room and there are boxes of stuff to be sorted and gotten rid of under the one in my bedroom. And I also want to get the storage part of the family room done so I can have a sewing area, rather than a card table in the middle of the room. :thumbsup2 My DM offered to help! :scared:

What this means is, she will make "suggestions", then get her feelings hurt when I tell her no, I can handle it, until the day they come to do it. Then I will have to basically threaten her to keep her from going behind me and "helping" by undoing everything I spent hours doing!

Let me give you an example: One weekend I went through my closet and sorted out all the clothes, I had two piles of things in the family, give away and Ebay. She decided to "help" me and piled them all together, which wouldn't have been a bad thing except she put all the shirts together, dresses, pants, etc! :scared1:

I swear the woman has OCD! :rotfl: Every time I do something along those lines, within a few days she has undone everything! :eek: It's so bad that if I move something in the fridge she will move it back. This morning I went in to get the coffee creamer, it was behind my FF half and half. Yesterday I put it in front the the half and half and I bet you anything tonight the cc will be behind the half and half again. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter