The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

So dinner yesterday was too much Chili and too much beer!

Tonight is Beef and Barley soup, will start making it shortly!

Well the beef and barley came out good...

I can post pictures later.

I also made my cookies for the bake sale. I ended up making cowboy cookies.

Oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chunks, and pecans

These babies turned out wonderful!

Well the beef and barley came out good...

I can post pictures later.

I also made my cookies for the bake sale. I ended up making cowboy cookies.

Oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chunks, and pecans

These babies turned out wonderful!

.....please feel free to send me a dozen or so....:rolleyes1

Hey, everyone! We are home! We had an awesome time and I desperately wish we were still down there. Today it was leftover vegetable soup and cornbread.

And now, for a good after shot of me:
IMG_0821.jpg
\This is at The California Grill.

Hey, everyone! We are home! We had an awesome time and I desperately wish we were still down there. Today it was leftover vegetable soup and cornbread.

And now, for a good after shot of me:
IMG_0821.jpg
\This is at The California Grill.

You look awesome! You're so inspiring me to drop some kilos!

...and now for an update on my brother: well, the doctors thought he had MRSA; turns out he doesn't, but he does have 3 other bacterial infections, so he's in isolation. His eyesight is still very blurred so he can't really see too well, and now he's contracted VERTIGO! :sad2: On a positive note, there have been no further amputations since last Saturday[he's undergone 4!], and they are optimisitc that the foot infection is almost under control, with the wound-vac attacted to his foot....ironically, THAT is what caused all of this mess in the first place. His foot had been getting better with the wound-vac until his insurance ran out and they stopped coming to his house to check the wound...

....WFDT? Chicken parm (GF, of course)....had to run back to school tonight - it's Parent/Teacher conferences....

...and now for an update on my brother: well, the doctors thought he had MRSA; turns out he doesn't, but he does have 3 other bacterial infections, so he's in isolation. His eyesight is still very blurred so he can't really see too well, and now he's contracted VERTIGO! :sad2: On a positive note, there have been no further amputations since last Saturday[he's undergone 4!], and they are optimisitc that the foot infection is almost under control, with the wound-vac attacted to his foot....ironically, THAT is what caused all of this mess in the first place. His foot had been getting better with the wound-vac until his insurance ran out and they stopped coming to his house to check the wound...

:hug:

Have you gone to see him yet?

Brandi- beer and chili.................YUM!

Lindsay- you look fabulous! Did you have a great time on your vacation?

Kimmar- I have been wondering how your brother was doing. Thank you for the update. I cannot imagine how frustrated he must be right now, one thing after another he must endure. How is your family holding up?

PIO- give your self a little bit before you jump back into cooking those lovely meals!

Dinner has been kind of lazy lately. I have been trying to get a little ahead in school because we are leaving next week and it is crunch time. This weekend is wall to wall between cleaning and decorating for Christmas, an amount of classwork that gave me an anxiety attack and finishing packing. And there is that pesky Nor'easter swirling around out there. It better steer clear of BDL!

Kimmar - glad to uear your brother is on the up swing and is doing better. I hope you get to see him soon.

PIO - welcome back

Lindsay - lookin good... and welcome home.

Nancy - dinner sounds good...

Tomorrow we are going to a bourbon, beer, and food truck festival at the horse racing park, so we will see the ponies run...

Thanks Brandi. Sounds like you're in for a great day tomorrow.

Kimmar - Hope you see your brother soon.

WFDT? I made a pot of soup - potato, leek and carrot - and we'll have that with some crusty bread.

Tomorrow I spend packing up more and more music....

I bought a pot roast and plan on putting that in the oven sometime around 3PM so we have dinner at 6 or 7. I'll probably end up making some instant potatoes and frozen green beans since I bought way too many of those for the lunch I made last weekend. I didn't even use the instant potatoes because I found fresh ones at Costco for a good deal. I hate to serve my guests instant potatoes.

I hate to serve ME instant potatoes, but sometimes when things are stressful they are a necessary evil. I never would have thought that until I met Fran and she ran my tail off like no one could ever believe! I could go pick up some real potatoes at the store, but then what would I do with these instant ones. I suppose I could give them away, but again why? But I guess why would I eat this crap? I never used to until I met Fran. I always did everything real and natural, we except Hamburger Helper. That I always liked once I got out of my mom's house. But other than that I used to eat natural food. What's wrong with me now?????

Alison - welcome to the age of convenience. There is nothing wrong with you. If I ran out of time, I normally grab for the easy convenience out of my pantry as well; rather than cooking from scratch.

:hug:

Alison - I am the same way... I just dont have the time right now, so we have been eating simple easy meals. Something just to fill the empty spot.

SO don't get down on yourself, you are perfect!

Starting to slowly get back in the swing of routine.

WFDT? I'm having canneloni, stuffed with ricotta and spinach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter