The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

Good afternoon.

Bethany I shudder to think about tackeling my closets there might be scarey things in there.:scared1: I wish you luck.

Sheryl Hopefully Alexis is having a better day today. Tell her the longer she waits to move around the worse the pain will be. They definitely won't let her come home until she moves her bowels. I know TMI sorry.

Good thing I waited until 9:00 to leave for the orchard and the butcher. It was so foggy out that way. As soon as you got to a higher part in the highway it was so sunny but not in the valleys.

Anyway I came back with quite a haul. Cranberry brats,dry cured bacon,smoked peppered salmon, 3 different kinds of stuffed chicken breasts (wild rice, cornbread and chorizo and hot sausage and cheese) buffalo burgers and hungarian and romanian sausages. I was like a kid in a candy store.

Oh I almost forgot the steak fajitas that are going to be tonights dinner.

Bethany I shudder to think about tackeling my closets there might be scarey things in there.:scared1: I wish you luck.

Thanks...they are not THAT bad (we DID just move 2 months ago), but I don't like how the stuff is not organized. There are actually things I haven't unpacked that I just put in there and it's annoying me.

Thanks...they are not THAT bad (we DID just move 2 months ago), but I don't like how the stuff is not organized. There are actually things I haven't unpacked that I just put in there and it's annoying me.

I have things not unpacked in my basement from 13 years ago :upsidedow Thats the good/bad of basements.

I have things not unpacked in my basement from 13 years ago :upsidedow Thats the good/bad of basements.

:laughing: We had a basement in the houses we lived in from when I was between kindergarten and 7th grade. It was a similar thing. There were some boxes that had two moving company inventory stickers on them. :rolleyes:

Anyway I came back with quite a haul. Cranberry brats,dry cured bacon,smoked peppered salmon, 3 different kinds of stuffed chicken breasts (wild rice, cornbread and chorizo and hot sausage and cheese) buffalo burgers and hungarian and romanian sausages. I was like a kid in a candy store.

Oooh, you came home with some yummy loot! :woohoo:

Today we're working around the house - got a shelf put together, sanding and priming a desk I'm working on, finishing up some painting upstairs, etc. Yesterday I felt blech and today I have a little more energy.

DH's family came to our side of the metroplex today. His parents wanted to take him out for his birthday, so they planned dinner over here. The next thing we knew, there were 20+ members of his family all coming over to sightsee and have dinner :confused3 So it's not really about his birthday but he doesn't care. I have avoided my in laws since our "issue" in January and thought I might have to suck up and go to this one but DH never once mentioned me going :thumbsup2 So I got to stay home and work on the house.

He's eating with them, I think I'll just grab Chick Fil A or something later when he gets home. No use in cooking a big meal just for me.

I'm starting to worry about Sheryl. I called her cell and her house again and got voicemail so I left two more messages.

Kathy She was on earlier. I bet she is with Alexis. I don't think you get good signals in the hospital.

Hey y'all, I spoke with Sheryl. She sounds very tired and wants to thank everyone for prayers and support. She even got a call from sweet Gretchen today who has so much going on! Alexis is, according to the doctors progressing as expected. She managed to walk a bit today, painfully, to a play room and seemed to enjoy a few minutes there. She has started to drink a bit of juice and a few sips of broth. She is still in a lot of pain and needs prayers but progressing as expected. Prayers for Sheryl too, as she's having aide problems again.

Hey all!

Sorry I did my check in earlier. Had to pick up my truck from the dealer...there were several things wrong with it so we dropped it off before our trip. Thank God that they extended the warranty.

Sheryl, My prayers are with Alexis so that she continues to improve each day and get home. Getting up after surgery is such a painful thing. My heart goes out to her. I hope the aide situation works out to.

Ann, I hope Emma was OK after her shots. What a chunk! So cute! I weighed Thomas the other day and he is 21 pounds.

Thank you ladies for keeping us up to date. Hopefully I can stay better on top of things when A goes back to school.

Just poking my head in to say HI! We've had. Crazy two days. Our new "family" member is in the process of moving in. Her name is Katelyn and she's from Omaha. She just turned 18 a few weeks ago. Super nice and loves the kiddos! Things should start to normalize a bit tomorrow. Kathy I was thinking of you today b/c katelyn's parents are all teary-eyed having to leave her with us for the next 9 months. A new phase of life for all of us!

Need to go to bed! Glad to hear that Alexis is progressing as expected. Prayers for her and Sheryl. Can't believe that she's having aide probs again.

Janice -- It sounds like your trip was well worth it.

There are actually things I haven't unpacked that I just put in there and it's annoying me.

We moved here almost three years ago, and I have boxes that haven't been unpacked.

And garages.

So I got to stay home and work on the house.

I hope you got a lot done!

Sheryl -- I am so sorry Alexis is going through this! That is really good news that she was able to get up and about a little today. She should feel even better tomorrow.

The kids and I had a really fun day today. I told them we were going on an adventure, but I didn't say what we were doing. Truth be told, I had no idea what would happen either! We went into Boston, and when the kids saw an advertisement for a whale watch, they asked if we could go. Sure! Adventure is spontaneous...and expensive. But I kind of expected that. We saw so many whales, almost all humpbacks but a few minkes, and we saw a sunfish. It was the first the crew had seen this season, so they were pretty excited. We all had a great time, and we were able to visit a couple other areas of Boston too. We ate out after the whale watch.

Hey y'all, I spoke with Sheryl. She sounds very tired and wants to thank everyone for prayers and support. She even got a call from sweet Gretchen today who has so much going on! Alexis is, according to the doctors progressing as expected. She managed to walk a bit today, painfully, to a play room and seemed to enjoy a few minutes there. She has started to drink a bit of juice and a few sips of broth. She is still in a lot of pain and needs prayers but progressing as expected. Prayers for Sheryl too, as she's having aide problems again.

I'm so glad she was able to get up today. :hug: to Sheryl and the neverending aide issues.

Just poking my head in to say HI! We've had. Crazy two days. Our new "family" member is in the process of moving in. Her name is Katelyn and she's from Omaha. She just turned 18 a few weeks ago. Super nice and loves the kiddos! Things should start to normalize a bit tomorrow. Kathy I was thinking of you today b/c katelyn's parents are all teary-eyed having to leave her with us for the next 9 months. A new phase of life for all of us!

Need to go to bed! Glad to hear that Alexis is progressing as expected. Prayers for her and Sheryl. Can't believe that she's having aide probs again.

Congrats on the new addition to your family! :laughing: I hope she fits in well and that the year ends up being a blessing to you both.

I wanted to ask you - are you a pharmacist, or do you work in a pharmacy? Sorry if that is too personal... I just wondered if you were familiar with Cimzia at all (the new med I'm on).

The kids and I had a really fun day today. I told them we were going on an adventure, but I didn't say what we were doing. Truth be told, I had no idea what would happen either! We went into Boston, and when the kids saw an advertisement for a whale watch, they asked if we could go. Sure! Adventure is spontaneous...and expensive. But I kind of expected that. We saw so many whales, almost all humpbacks but a few minkes, and we saw a sunfish. It was the first the crew had seen this season, so they were pretty excited. We all had a great time, and we were able to visit a couple other areas of Boston too. We ate out after the whale watch.

What a fun way to spend a Saturday!

We got a shelf put together and I got my desk and chair sanded down and the holes filled. I had more things I wanted to do but I keep getting a fever and feel like poo so I gave up.

DH brought my McDonalds - I grazed on it over the course of two hours. Except for the iced coffee, of course, which I never seem to feel too rotten to enjoy :laughing:

Thankfully, tomorrow is just Sunday school and worship - no lunch or afternoon activities - so I can come home if I'm not feeling well again.

DH and DS have been dancing to this song getting ready for our big WDW roadtrip! http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/lb/soundtracks/holidayroad.html
It is so funny, DS loves it and is so cute. By November I may go crazy...DH ordered the CD off EBAY yesterday so we can play it when we drive. Think my DH loves WDW a little bit?!!!

I am so excited because we had to move our dates up a week because of his job. I am now going to be there for the last day of the F&W festival, and the Christmas Party will also be going on. I get the best of both worlds.

WFD- depends on the grocery store and what looks good.

Good Morning,

Baby in hand so typing with the other.

aimee , hope youre feeling better today.

ann, what are your dates? we are going 11/2 - 11/9.

i will try to bbl...my house is a mess since i am still unpacking. not sure about dinner.

Sounds like you guys had an awesome day!

We got a shelf put together and I got my desk and chair sanded down and the holes filled. I had more things I wanted to do but I keep getting a fever and feel like poo so I gave up.
Hope you're feeling better today.:hug:

I am so excited because we had to move our dates up a week because of his job. I am now going to be there for the last day of the F&W festival, and the Christmas Party will also be going on. I get the best of both worlds.

You're going to have a wonderful time!

WFD - Kyle is coming in so I'm making his favorite, Alice Springs Chicken and baked pasta with basil and parm!

ann, what are your dates? we are going 11/2 - 11/9.

As of now we are planning on 11/7-11/14. We are hoping if the driving goes as planned we will arrive 11/7. We book HDDR on 11/7, and then F&W booths 11/8 followed by Kouzzina that night. We should meet up at least for a drink with kids in tow!!!!!

Aren't you lucky the girls trip then a family trip right after, I did not know you had this one planned. Where are you staying? We are at POFQ.

------
Kids are bathed, now I need to get myself showered and to the store.

WFD - Kyle is coming in so I'm making his favorite, Alice Springs Chicken and baked pasta with basil and parm!

I told you before Alice Springs is Ron's favorite at Outback. I still haven't made it...but you did give me the recipe. Ron may want to move in with you if he knows you make it.

Enjoy time with your boy!!!

Good Morning all! I read back and am sending hugs to everyone. I wanted to check on Alexis and Gretchen, I do pray that our little Princess breaks her fever today and that her pain lessons. Does anyone know how Gretchen is?

I need to ask for some prayers. My brother is in the hospital with pancreatitus. He has had flareups for the past few years but for him to ask to see the Dr on a Saturday the pain was excruciating. The last time I found him n his chair and refusing to call my DSIL because he knew it was her nail appointment. I really thought that she was going to murder him that night, my sweet SIL does not have a temper but she lost it. Anyway he has a cyst that the Dr has been watching but yesterday it was gone. The Dr thinks that it broke away and in lodged in a pocket from a stynt that he had, maybe this and that cheeseburger he ate caused the flareup. His pancreas is too inflamed for them to look right now, he needs to heal and cannot eat. Please keep him in your prayers and Susan as well.

We have a family picnic today that I cannot get out of, Donny and I will go. I have BBQ beans simmering now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter