The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

Just a quick checkin to see how Alexis is doing. Sheryl, when my dad's appendix burst in the spring (he thought he ate bad ham) the fluid leaked out and they had to clean it up. He did need antibiotics through an iv and had to stay in the hospital a little longer, but it didn't really cause him extra pain. He did feel very sick to his stomach, but not pain. I'm sorry you are going through this, I think it's harder for the people watching then the patient.

Kathy's baked mexican chicken for dinner, see you all in a few days.

Ann Sorry I forgot to mention earlier. I hope your Husband gets his pressure under control. I hear making sure you are well hydrated helps lower your blood pressure.

Bethany Sorry your plans failed. I hope something comes along for your both.

Ann Sorry I forgot to mention earlier. I hope your Husband gets his pressure under control. I hear making sure you are well hydrated helps lower your blood pressure.

Does Budlight count!!!!!!:lmao:

--------------------------------------------------------

Update on my Little Chubba Bubba's visit to the Dr.
She weighed 12 lb 5 oz and is in the 90th percentile.
She measured 22 inches and is in the 50th percentile.
She is a bit fussy from her 3 shots and oral vaccine. I gave her some Tylenol, hope the night isn't to bad for her. She isn't herself.

Be back in the am to catch up.

WFD- we ate out of the freezer tonight. A frozen pizza for DH and a pot pie for me.

I am sorry that I am flying through but I wanted to tell you all that I spoke to Sheryl today. Alexis is still in the hospital and still on morphine. The poor little Peanut is on her last nerve and miserable. She is taking phenerghan for her upset stomach and says she still hurts. Chris is spending nights and Ricky is there days. Alexis asked for her Nana and of course Sheryl went right in but there were no hugs and kisses.....it hurts:sad1: Sheryl said she is cranky but that she cannot help it, she has had a wicked few days.

The Dr said that this is probably what has been going on the past year, they just could never see it. Sheryl seemed tired.

BB tomorrow!

Nan - Thanks for posting the update on Sheryl/Alexis, I was thinking about calling her but I'll wait and call her tomorrow.

Does Budlight count!!!!!!:lmao:

--------------------------------------------------------

She weighed 12 lb 5 oz and is in the 90 % percentile.
She measured 22 inches and is in the 50 % percentile.
She is a bit fussy from her 3 shots and oral vaccine. I gave her some Tylenol, hope the night isn't to bad for her. She isn't herself.

Be back in the am to catch up.

WFD- we ate out of the freezer tonight. A frozen pizza for DH and a pot pie for me.

WOW......Little Chubba Bubba.....:rotfl: I'm still waiting for a pic of her in her LSU outfit!!!! Hoping she has a good night, you too.:cloud9:

Thanks, Nan. I've been thinking of that poor baby all day. I'm so sorry the morphine isn't touching the pain as well as it should be. Morphine is my favorite part of being in the hospital =)

I wonder how long they will keep her, given her pain levels at this point. Oh I hope this is the end to some of her ongoing health issues that they could never figure out.

We ended up eating mexican food out, I feel really crappy still (Crohns) and didn't eat much. Ace left with my brother and I bawled a good 30 minutes but I'll be okay.

I wish we had a take out Indian restaurant close by.

Ours is just far enough away that I don't go all the time. I would not want a good place to open down the street. That would be dangerous.

Too cute! I hope she feels better and sleeps okay.

Alexis is still in the hospital and still on morphine. The poor little Peanut is on her last nerve and miserable.

Very gentle :hug: for Alexis. Feel better soon, you sweet girl!

Ace left with my brother and I bawled a good 30 minutes but I'll be okay.

You've had Ace so long, that is expected! It is really admirable that you saved him and kept him as long as you did.

Sheryl, sending luv to Alexis and all of you. The poor little thing.

Kathy, I have to get Ron to download my pics from the camera. She is getting big so fast. I love those cute chubby baby legs with rolls! I hope she gets DH's legs and not mine!:eek:

Aimee, :hug: you gave Ace so much love. He is gonna miss you too. Your DB is a good man, it must run in the family.

Nancy, thanks for posting the update.

------

Not planning any supper right now. We are going to try to take the kids for a ride.

Does anybody know where garden gnomes originated?

The reason I ask is this:
The library has four new card designs featuring images of wheat, grapes, a sunflower and a garden gnome. Mid-Columbia Libraries selected images that are native to the region and reflect growth to complement the organization's "Grow Your Mind!" slogan.

:lmao:

The library where my parents live is putting garden gnomes on the library card because they are native to the area and reflect growth? :rotfl::rotfl2:

OMG I want a garden gnome one! Mine has a cartoon pelican wearing glasses and reading a book. :laughing:

Bethany It seems gnomes have roots all over europe. Germany, different czech and scandinavian countries. I think they were also breed at a home a couple towns over. They had several until area teens thought they would help them travel.;)

I am hoping this fog burns off quickly. It will put a small damper on my country driving.Where I have to go is full of farmland and valleys I can barely see down the street.

Ann Alex had little "ham hock" legs.

I really hope the doctors manage Alexis' pain better today. Poor baby:hug: no squeeze.

Dinner will depend on my finds today.

my parents got a dancing gnome from one of my nephews...DS hates that thing and runs the other way. Needless to say it is stored away in a closet.

From that link (thanks!):
They originated in Germany in 1840, where they were known as “der Gartzenwerg”.

LOL that's a good 100 years earlier than the real development of the city where my parents live. There had been some really small towns in that area, but around 1940 the government came in, and kicked or flooded them out, then brought in about 30,000 (I think?) government housing trailers (predecessors to today's FEMA version) to house all the people they sent there to do work for WWII.

I found a picture of the gnome library card. It vaguely resembles an ad for Travelocity. :lmao: :rotfl:

I'm highly amused by this. I still have my card from when they got them back when I was in about the 5th grade. Before that, we had to write out the information on an index card and they put the due date on that little card that slides into the pocket in the book.

Good Morning! I am sorry that I did not really get to read back too much, busy few days here. I had Nola yesterday so her Mom and Dad could start painting their house and she was clingy. You can see her tooth trying to emerge but it just won't, poor baby.

I have a wedding this afternoon so that will be dinner. We had supper out last night, I offered Buddy an egg or take me for a sandwich. I had a pedi planned and that came before his stomach, I was not going to an outdoor wedding in sandals with my toes looking like they were in battle!

I'll check back tonight to see if we have an Alexis update!

Happy Saturday everyone!

I'm going to call Sheryl this afternoon and check on Alexis and will post an update.

WFD - We're doing our Labor day grilling today - ribs & burgers, fries & onions and a Mexican salad.

Morning Y'all,

I see that Nancy gave y'all an update yesterday. Thanks friend!

It was a bad day for my girl. Her fever has been getting higher, Dr. says that's normal after surgery with a ruptured appendix. Her pain has not been very well controlled with the heavy meds. Chris did learn yesterrday that the nurse was not giving her the full dose allowed on her chart. Thursday night she didn't sleep at all. Yesterday was bad, because we had to sponge bath her & get her out of the bed to change the sheets. The dr. says she needs to start moving but she's fighting it somthing awful. She's refusing to drink anything but water or ice. They want her to start on at least juice & broth. The Dr. hoped she would be released on Monday, but she needs to be fever free for 24 hours & eating. So that is not looking good. Please pray that she starts to improve today. Her Dr left for vacation today & won't be back until Tues., Chris has a lot of faith in him, so if things worsened she will loose it.

I haven't read back everything. But I did see that Emma is a doing very well weight wise. Sweet little rolls I bet! I hope she's feeling better from her shots!

Thanks all of you!! Y'all are good people! :grouphug:

Hey y'all....

Nancy has inspired me. I'm going to deal with my closets today too. :headache:

I went out to Walmart; they have plastic bins on sale for $4 (58 Quarts) so I got some. We shall see how this goes... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter