The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

No fee for the tubes, and yes, you can bring your own.

I brought one like this...
s-l225.jpg
what are these called? never seen one like this... kinda neat

A company called Intex makes it. I think it's called a "Sit and Float". Got mine at Five Below for $5. Love how easy it is to get into vs the awkwardness of getting into a tubeimage.jpeg

Can someone give their thoughts on The balcony and two busy toddlers? Do you think I could get a first floor room pretty easily?

I had an agent at check in once give me this weird spiel about how we'd been assigned a FIRST FLOOR PARKING LOT VIEW (egads!) and how he was "stealing" the room from another reservation to give to me. It was near midnight on our check in day and I was 1000% willing to take the first floor parking lot view as we'd had one in the past. I think you will easily have a first floor request accommodated. There aren't a lot of rooms like the one I first stayed in, but it's worth mentioning that on our first trip we lucked into a first floor unit in building 5 that was "parking lot view" but had a little cut through the bushes which made bringing bags in SO MUCH EASIER. A lot of patios have large shrubs outside, so we lucked out. But you may too if you request building 5, first floor at check in.

(We ended up with a lovely 7th floor room in tower 4 with a perfect view of DHS fireworks, so the theft of the room worked in my favor)

A company called Intex makes it. I think it's called a "Sit and Float". Got mine at Five Below for $5. Love how easy it is to get into vs the awkwardness of getting into a tubeView attachment 185449

For those who aren't near a 5 below I've also bought these same floats many times on Amazon (usually a bit more than $5) and never got a dud. I love these things too! Great for the ocean or the pool.

Ok...this may be a little off-topic but I want to shout from the rooftops. I received my confirmation for my WBC stay from 8/20 - 8/27. I booked from a private owner as I have done in the past. I got a GREAT deal on a 2 bedroom....$85/nite !!!! And here the owner was THANKING ME for taking it so her points don't expire and go to waste!!!! Wow!!!! My family is super excited !!! We arrive in Orlando on 8/12 and staying at Red Lion Hotel overnight. Then we are staying at a Westgate Property from 8/13 - 8/20....then on 8/20... Wyndham Bonnet Creek....Here we come !!! This is going to be GREAT.....we have never stayed in Orlando for 2 entire weeks before. :cool1:

I stayed in the same building pretty much the same dates and heard no pipes. What I did hear was doors slamming.

My inlaws were across the hall from us and could not hear the pipes either. They came into our room while DS was showering and were like--What is that horrible noise?? To give you an idea of how bad the smell was, when they sent a maintenance guy up to change the furnace filter(to try to help with the stench) he walked in the room, covered his nose and asked if something had died in there.:crazy2: The closet where the trash can is smelled really strong so I think trash had rotted in there. I opened up all the doors to try and air it out but nothing really helped. I can't believe they rented it out that way. Beware of room 6404.

I have a question for anyone who may have run while on vacation at WBC. Have you ever run to the end of Chelonia Parkway to the dead end? If so, how far was it from there to Buena Vista Dr.? And did you feel safe running there in the daytime? DD26 and I are training for the WDW Marathon in January and when we vacation at WBC in September we have to get in a 13 mile training run. I would prefer not to circle the running path around the lake 17-18 times, so we are looking for alternate routes that we could run while still staying fairly close to WBC for water stops, etc.

I have a question for anyone who may have run while on vacation at WBC. Have you ever run to the end of Chelonia Parkway to the dead end? If so, how far was it from there to Buena Vista Dr.? And did you feel safe running there in the daytime? DD26 and I are training for the WDW Marathon in January and when we vacation at WBC in September we have to get in a 13 mile training run. I would prefer not to circle the running path around the lake 17-18 times, so we are looking for alternate routes that we could run while still staying fairly close to WBC for water stops, etc.
You might be able to drive over to Fort Wilderness/Wilderness as well to run, it was the place they used to run the Ironman when they held it years ago.

As far as BC, the road around there is not crazy traffic since its just the bonnet creek hotels and the sidewalk runs all along the Chelonia Pkwy and then maybe you can cross over to Hilton and run around the Hilton Waldorf side.

I didn't go all the way to the end, but close - as safe as any place can be, I'd say. Be aware that there was no shade once past the bulk of the resort shortly after sunrise: which is why I didn't go all the way to the end. I worked it out on Google maps and I want to say it was maybe a mile from end to end? I managed 3+ miles with some looping of the WBC lake and Chelonia Pkwy and figured I could get to 4-5 by adding a loop through the Hilton/Waldorf. Personally, I'd head over to the EP resorts loop for 13 miles - I'd lose my mind trying to do it at WBC! The outer EP resorts loop is around 5 miles, as I recall, so easy and pleasant to put that together with the inner loop around Crescent Lake and the path to HS.

I didn't go all the way to the end, but close - as safe as any place can be, I'd say. Be aware that there was no shade once past the bulk of the resort shortly after sunrise: which is why I didn't go all the way to the end. I worked it out on Google maps and I want to say it was maybe a mile from end to end? I managed 3+ miles with some looping of the WBC lake and Chelonia Pkwy and figured I could get to 4-5 by adding a loop through the Hilton/Waldorf. Personally, I'd head over to the EP resorts loop for 13 miles - I'd lose my mind trying to do it at WBC! The outer EP resorts loop is around 5 miles, as I recall, so easy and pleasant to put that together with the inner loop around Crescent Lake and the path to HS.

Yeah, may do that. It sounds a lot nicer. I wonder if they would let us park there (BW) or if I would need to Uber over? Have you ever had any trouble with the guards letting you park to go to the BW if you aren't staying there?

ETA: I wonder if BW bakery would let us fill our water bottles there? One of the reasons for running at WBC was so I could access water easily. I don't run with a belt or vest, just some flipbelt bottles in my Sparkle Skirt pockets.

Yeah, may do that. It sounds a lot nicer. I wonder if they would let us park there (BW) or if I would need to Uber over? Have you ever had any trouble with the guards letting you park to go to the BW if you aren't staying there?

ETA: I wonder if BW bakery would let us fill our water bottles there? One of the reasons for running at WBC was so I could access water easily. I don't run with a belt or vest, just some flipbelt bottles in my Sparkle Skirt pockets.
I usually park at YC if I'm doing anything at the EP resort area - its parking is generally less full and I like visiting the resort. Nope, never had an issue with parking (BW gets to be a problem during F&W Fest, though). You can also park at the Fantasia Mini Golf lot and walk across to the Swan/Dolphin entrance. I refill my water bottle at water fountains - I can't remember exactly where they are, but there are a few around the loop.

22 nights. :WOW! I'd love to see the schedule too but our trip doesn't start until Sept 3 so it doesn't really apply to us yet.

In regards to the fireworks, do you have to be in a fireworks view room to see them, or could you see them while strolling around the lake, for example?

Those of you who have stayed in the 4 bedroom presidential, can you tell me if there is a table and chairs for eating meals on the balcony? If so, how many does it sit? THanks!!!

It seems like many booked next April are getting much better rates around Easter than I got for the first week of March through Vacation Strategies.
There's a quirk in the points chart. When Easter is late (as it is this year) part or all of it can fall into Value season. But, all of March is Prime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter