The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

question about paying balance to Vacation Strategy ... I paid the $150 deposit when booked. yesterday I received reminder for balance due in Aug. it gives a link to pay balance. when I clicked link it takes me to the 'click here to make deposit'. is this the right button to pay balance also? thanks

In the past whenever I had a question about my payment etc

I've had good luck .. emailing or calling Vacation Strategy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm aware .. that my reply .. is frowned upon by some .. but a phone call or email .. is what I would do.

Last edited:
Just checked into our 3bedroom Presidential Suite. It was just like the Booking.com com.

We have stayed here before, but never Presidential. My family was blown away.

Just checked into our 3bedroom Presidential Suite. It was just like the Booking.com com.

We have stayed here before, but never Presidential. My family was blown away.
did you check in at front building or directly in building 6?

Remind me again, which is the best building to view DHS fireworks?

Also, can I request a room now for next June or to early?

I can't answer which building for DHS fireworks. but unless something has changed they don't take room requests. at check in you may ask for certain view but it's hit or miss as to whether or not they get you where you want to be

I can't answer which building for DHS fireworks. but unless something has changed they don't take room requests. at check in you may ask for certain view but it's hit or miss as to whether or not they get you where you want to be
I am sorry not room request, reservation requests thru vacation upgrades or strategies

We were in an upper floor of Building 6 and had a perfect view of the DHS fireworks. I think building 5 would be good too and would probably have a good view of Epcot as well.

We looked into Wyndham bonnet creek for three days... April 16-19, just after Easter weekend. Vacation strategy gave me a $350 quote for a 2bd/2bth. That's $115/day! For a 2bd!!

We have Boardwalk dvc. Although I booked the same weekend, it's 20pts/day for a std studio (and maint fees are $6+ pp, so $120/day). So, the maint fees for a std studio at bwv is more $$ than a 2bd/2bth at Wyndham bonnet creek!!

In this case it's a no brainer.

My question, though, is whether there are ANY cases where vacation strategy gets a bum reservation?!

Last edited:
We were in an upper floor of Building 6 and had a perfect view of the DHS fireworks. I think building 5 would be good too and would probably have a good view of Epcot as well.
Thanks! Can we get a two bedroom in those buildings?

Thanks! Can we get a two bedroom in those buildings?
I would think so but I only stayed at BC just recently for the first time. We were a group of 6 and rented a 4 bedroom unit. It was beautiful and I would definitely stay there again.

It seems like many booked next April are getting much better rates around Easter than I got for the first week of March through Vacation Strategies. I had orginally booked directly through the hotel at almost $240/night and decided to cancel that and book through vacation strategies at $185/night. Both room were 2bd/2br. Now I know based on all the responses in this thread that you get a better deal if you book closer to the date, but in this case, it seems people that are booking around Easter are getting better rates and I would think those would be higher than early March. But I am new to timeshare rentals, so maybe I am missing something or it is just luck of the draw?! Or maybe because march is still the peak of snowbird season?!

I feel I am paying a good rate, For what we are getting, I just want to make sure I am getting the best rate I can. We typically stay on property, but with our budget this trip and needing more space for our children this trip than a standard hotel room, I just could not pay close to $500/night for a 1 bedroom villa on property.

Last edited:
It seems like many booked next April are getting much better rates around Easter than I got for the first week of March through Vacation Strategies. I had orginally booked directly through the hotel at almost $240/night and decided to cancel that and book through vacation strategies at $185/night. Both room were 2bd/2br. Now I know based on all the responses in this thread that you get a better deal if you book closer to the date, but in this case, it seems people that are booking around Easter are getting better rates and I would think those would be higher than early March. But I am new to timeshare rentals, so maybe I am missing something or it is just luck of the draw?! Or maybe because march is still the peak of snowbird season?!

I feel I am paying a good rate, For what we are getting, I just want to make sure I am getting the best rate I can. We typically stay on property, but with our budget this trip and needing more space for our children this trip than a standard hotel room, I just could not pay close to $500/night for a 1 bedroom villa on property.
March is peak season in Florida, as many schools in the South are on spring break. Also, you have the snowbird factor.

When looking for the best deal at Bonnet Creek, you have to shop around. There is no one place that will always give you the lowest price. Also, as you mentioned, the earlier you want to book, the greater the chance you will pay more.

You can beat yourself up chasing the lowest price, but your time is also worth something. I've booked many vacations, sometimes for a little more, sometimes for a little less, but in the end I've stopped stressing about finding the "absolute cheapest" deal.

March is peak season in Florida, as many schools in the South are on spring break. Also, you have the snowbird factor.

When looking for the best deal at Bonnet Creek, you have to shop around. There is no one place that will always give you the lowest price. Also, as you mentioned, the earlier you want to book, the greater the chance you will pay more.

You can beat yourself up chasing the lowest price, but your time is also worth something. I've booked many vacations, sometimes for a little more, sometimes for a little less, but in the end I've stopped stressing about finding the "absolute cheapest" deal.

Yes, you are right, I felt I was getting good deal until I saw other posts, so I will be happy with what I have! And I never book anything without the ability to cancel without penalty so booking through Vacation Strategy or direct were my best options for that.

Thank you for your reply it put things in perspective :0) Sometimes you just need to talk it through!

Yes, you are right, I felt I was getting good deal until I saw other posts, so I will be happy with what I have! And I never book anything without the ability to cancel without penalty so booking through Vacation Strategy or direct were my best options for that.

Thank you for your reply it put things in perspective :0) Sometimes you just need to talk it through!

To be fair, I called back to tinker with my dates and they price doubled to add a day and get rid of a day (so, $600+ for 3 days including a Saturday). So I think I just got lucky.

Last edited:
We looked into Wyndham bonnet creek for three days... April 16-19, just after Easter weekend. Vacation strategy gave me a $315 quote for a 2bd/2bth. That's $105/day! For a 2bd!!

We have Boardwalk dvc. Although I booked the same weekend, it's 20pts/day for a std studio (and maint fees are $6+ pp, so $120/day). So, the maint fees for a std studio at bwv is more $$ than a 2bd/2bth at Wyndham bonnet creek!!

In this case it's a no brainer.

My question, though, is whether there are ANY cases where vacation strategy gets a bum reservation?!

Great price! THIS is why I don't think we will EVER buy DVC, even though my husband suggests it every time we visit WDW. We enjoy the offsite timeshare resorts and private home rentals that the maintenance fees alone on the DVC properties are more than I would ever care to spend.

Christmas Week.....Sorry to ask, but struggling to find answers on search engine. What are the decorations like during this week and when is the best time to reserve? I am seeing prices from $250-$500 for a 2Br, not sure if the price calendars work for prime season. looks like VRBO best option right now as VS is sold out. But I am worried if I wait too long, may not be any availability between Christmas and New Years? thanks,

Christmas Week.....Sorry to ask, but struggling to find answers on search engine. What are the decorations like during this week and when is the best time to reserve? I am seeing prices from $250-$500 for a 2Br, not sure if the price calendars work for prime season. looks like VRBO best option right now as VS is sold out. But I am worried if I wait too long, may not be any availability between Christmas and New Years? thanks,
In my experience of watching Ebay listings of Bonnet Creek over the years, generally you see a massive premium for Christmas week this far out --- followed by an equally massive drop the closer you get.

In addition to the super-renters like VS, I think many individual owners reserve that week looking to cash in, then get a big reality check when people don't bite. Also, I'm sure many book thinking they may go, then end up canceling because their holiday plans changed or they decide they don't want to fight the biggest crowds of the year.

My advice would be to get a reservation somewhere that you can live with and that you can cancel -- then wait and book something much closer to the holiday. It helps if you can be flexible.

If you can't be flexible and want to book this early, the rule is you will pay a premium. This goes for pretty much any Bonnet Creek reservation, but even more so on any time when people "expect" they may have to pay more.

Awesome thanks for the advice...usually do DVC , so this is my first time in ages going offsite. Only doing parks for one day, so I want the resort feel...and save my point s later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter