The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Is there a Starbucks at the resort and do you know if they accept the Starbucks app?
They served Starbucks coffee in the shop in the main building but it wasn't a real starbucks store. I doubt it takes the app as it was a very limited menu. Someone else may know for sure, but I thought I could share my experience to help a little. :)

They served Starbucks coffee in the shop in the main building but it wasn't a real starbucks store. I doubt it takes the app as it was a very limited menu. Someone else may know for sure, but I thought I could share my experience to help a little. :)
That is what I figured. It's probably someone who just brews Starbucks. I guess I will just use the one in the parks.

Is there a Starbucks at the resort and do you know if they accept the Starbucks app?

They Wyndham Grand hotel has a Starbucks but it also has a limited menu. I didn't try paying with the app and can't remember if DD26 did either. All I really remember is that I wanted a Vanilla Frapp and they couldn't make me one. I don't like coffee so they made me one of the other flavors (carmel?)that usually have coffee in it, without the coffee. It was meh. I probably won't go back.

ETA: Their menu from the Grand website: http://www.wyndhamgrandorlando.com//assets/pdfs/Barista-Menu-Feb-2015.pdf

They Wyndham Grand hotel has a Starbucks but it also has a limited menu. I didn't try paying with the app and can't remember if DD26 did either. All I really remember is that I wanted a Vanilla Frapp and they couldn't make me one. I don't like coffee so they made me one of the other flavors (carmel?)that usually have coffee in it, without the coffee. It was meh. I probably won't go back.

ETA: Their menu from the Grand website: http://www.wyndhamgrandorlando.com//assets/pdfs/Barista-Menu-Feb-2015.pdf
Thanks. That is a very limited menu. They don't have my Flat white on there which is not good.

So question for those who booked a room through airbnb/vrbo....Does anyone have Wyndham employees calling you before arriving to book timeshare presentations. They just called me 3 times within the last hour. First time they called I told them I will not be attending and to remove me from their list. 15 minutes later a manager called me regarding taking advantage of this great opportunity at their resort and it would be smart to attend their 90 minute presentation which again I said no. Now about 10 minutes ago another manager called me and said that if I had no intention of attending the presentation, why did I bother booking at their resort. I told him that this was done through Airbnb and was informed the presentation was not required to stay there and to take it up with the company I booked through if they have a problem.

So question for those who booked a room through airbnb/vrbo....Does anyone have Wyndham employees calling you before arriving to book timeshare presentations. They just called me 3 times within the last hour. First time they called I told them I will not be attending and to remove me from their list. 15 minutes later a manager called me regarding taking advantage of this great opportunity at their resort and it would be smart to attend their 90 minute presentation which again I said no. Now about 10 minutes ago another manager called me and said that if I had no intention of attending the presentation, why did I bother booking at their resort. I told him that this was done through Airbnb and was informed the presentation was not required to stay there and to take it up with the company I booked through if they have a problem.

Um, no! I found Shelby Resorts on VRBO (though we corresponded via email and I used PayPal, so it wasn't all through VRBO) and I definitely did not experience this. Who did you book through? I would absolutely complain to them. When I checked in with my last WBC reservation (found via eBay) the employee at the desk had my name but didn't have my address or anything - I would be sort of surprised that the "host" (owner of the points) gave them your phone number and then it was abused this way! That sounds fishy. The sales staff has been rude to me in the past too when I've told them to buzz off.

They are just trying to drum up business for their timeshare presentations. That's how Bonnet Creek was built -- not by us savvy renters.

I'm curious, did you talk to "parking pass" people when you checked in?

In the past I used to just unplug my phone when I got to the room. Then I forgot one time and didn't get any calls, so wondered if they had stopped using that technique.

I generally to talk to the parking pass people and tell them I am not interested, so I don't know if that helps reduce the number of calls I was getting.

It could be the salespeople were getting a big push to drum up more business or something.

Um, no! I found Shelby Resorts on VRBO (though we corresponded via email and I used PayPal, so it wasn't all through VRBO) and I definitely did not experience this. Who did you book through? I would absolutely complain to them. When I checked in with my last WBC reservation (found via eBay) the employee at the desk had my name but didn't have my address or anything - I would be sort of surprised that the "host" (owner of the points) gave them your phone number and then it was abused this way! That sounds fishy. The sales staff has been rude to me in the past too when I've told them to buzz off.
Don't want to post the companies name but I did call them asking why the resort was contacting me. Informed them to contact the resort regarding this and to not call me again. I already blacklisted the number but they seem to call from several 407 numbers.

They are just trying to drum up business for their timeshare presentations. That's how Bonnet Creek was built -- not by us savvy renters.

I'm curious, did you talk to "parking pass" people when you checked in?

In the past I used to just unplug my phone when I got to the room. Then I forgot one time and didn't get any calls, so wondered if they had stopped using that technique.

I generally to talk to the parking pass people and tell them I am not interested, so I don't know if that helps reduce the number of calls I was getting.

It could be the salespeople were getting a big push to drum up more business or something.
I have not even arrived at the resort. This is my second time there and my name must have come up on some list as a frequent guest there. The last time I stayed there, we just told them no thanks and unplugged the phone in our room. Our check in is tomorrow.

Hey Team:

Just booked through Shelby resorts for the first time...so far so good. Our trip is Christmas week. Would love any information on decorations, activities, and advice for the busiest week of the year? Seems like the dueling pianos and live pool entertainment would be fun for the family. We are planning on doing one park that week, and then hitting other attractions - Celebration at night, SAK comedy show, and hit the monorail resorts and have dinner...... thanks

Hey Team:

Just booked through Shelby resorts for the first time...so far so good. Our trip is Christmas week. Would love any information on decorations, activities, and advice for the busiest week of the year? Seems like the dueling pianos and live pool entertainment would be fun for the family. We are planning on doing one park that week, and then hitting other attractions - Celebration at night, SAK comedy show, and hit the monorail resorts and have dinner...... thanks

We were at the resort last Christmas, and the resort was certainly decked out for the holidays! There were activities for the kids and there was live entertainment during the evenings around the pools, thought we didn't participate in it. We really enjoyed the Christmas spirit and had a great time! If I can, I'll post some pix!

We stayed at the Waldorf during our last stay and won't ever again. When I go to Disney, staying at a Disney resort just takes our vacation to a new level.

The Waldorf rooms are fine, but the entire place felt cold and somewhat unwelcoming. Plus the fee for parking sucked. I think we will just reserve this place for Bull and Bear alone and not keep it as a hotel option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter