The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Hi all,
I am new to the Bonnet Creek thread. We have stayed offsite in a house in Windsor Hills before but are considering BC for something different and closer to WDW. We are a family of 8 and taking my mom, Grandma, so we will need room for 9 people. We have to have 3 bathrooms. 2 is just pushing it for us. I emailed Vacation Strategy and all they have right now for our dates (end of April 2017 for a week) is the 3 bedroom which won't work. I did email Ken Price and I am waiting to hear back. Any advice on where else to look if I need an alternative to try to find the 4 bedroom presidential? Also, what tower is best for the 4 bedroom presidential? Thanks so much in advance!! :)

I would look in ebay history to see what 4 bedroom presidentials were going for during your time period. You can also see what they are going for now in the peak summer. Generally will pay a premium for trying to book this early. Around 60 days out you will usually find more affordable reservations.

Four-bedroom presidentials are found in all the towers and I would be happy in any of them. The most recently renovated are towers 6 and 5. They are also the largest towers.

There are very few 4 bedrooms at WBC. If you find one grab it up. You might also consider renting 2 of the 2 bedroom condos. I did that one year when I could not get a 4 bedroom. They gave us units across the hall from each other. That way you still have 4 bedrooms & 4 bathrooms

We have stayed at Bonnet Creek several times and very much enjoy it. The owner that books our reservations goes out of his way to get us the dates we need at the best possible price. He reserved a two bedroom for us over the 2016 Labor Day weekend. We have had a change of plans and will be arriving on Thursday instead of Friday for the long weekend.

However, he had to do this under two reservations. A one night stay for Thursday and then a four night stay for the rest of the trip. I am wondering based on others experience what the likelihood is that we would have to checkout and check back into another room. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

We've had multiple reservations before, 3 last time. We only had to switch rooms when it was a change in room type (e.g. Presidential to deluxe). When it was the same room type, with 2 reservations, we just stayed put.

Hi all,
I am new to the Bonnet Creek thread. We have stayed offsite in a house in Windsor Hills before but are considering BC for something different and closer to WDW. We are a family of 8 and taking my mom, Grandma, so we will need room for 9 people. We have to have 3 bathrooms. 2 is just pushing it for us. I emailed Vacation Strategy and all they have right now for our dates (end of April 2017 for a week) is the 3 bedroom which won't work. I did email Ken Price and I am waiting to hear back. Any advice on where else to look if I need an alternative to try to find the 4 bedroom presidential? Also, what tower is best for the 4 bedroom presidential? Thanks so much in advance!! :)

We stayed at Windsor Hills for our first trip (family of 5) and Bonnet Creek our 2nd....we preferred Bonnet Creek because of more of a vacation/resort feel.

I'm a pretty frequent visitor to WBC, but am just back from our first long trip (7 nights) there and thought I'd share...

Having all that space was wonderful for a week! I used to have a DVC membership but only stayed in studios: the full kitchen, separate rooms, and washer/dryer just made things easier and more relaxed for me and my teen son.

This was, unfortunately, the worst room I've had out of many stays, though. It was truly as clean as housekeeping could make it, but the carpet simply needed to be replaced - it was stained in more places than I could count and the whole place was just stinky. Everything else was immaculate, but the nasty carpet was a bit of a letdown. The mattresses in the bedroom and sofabed also needed to be replaced. This was in Tower 1.

Our AC went out one night. We'd called it an early night and felt like the room was warm when we got to it around 9pm, but figured it just needed time to cool down since the thermostat works on a motion sensor. But it just kept getting warmer by 11pm and though the fan was running non-stop, I never heard the AC kick on. So I called the front desk, expecting Disney-like service (read: I was ready to pack us up and pay for another hotel because nothing would be done until the next day)... but they sent someone over right away. He checked things out, reset the breaker, and AC started back up. Said with it being so hot, and the motion sensor preventing the AC from turning on in the worst of the heat, sometimes they work too hard to bring the temp down when people return and it freezes up. As a FL homeowner, I know this means the AC is in need of maintenance or replacement, but whatever - it kept working the rest of our stay, lol!

The grounds were lovely! I usually stay at WBC for races and rarely make use of the public areas, so this was a first for me. I ran a couple mornings around the lake - it's only a bit over a 1/2 mile, but very pretty. And I enjoyed some post-run pool time - surprised to find plenty of open chairs at 11am and no yelling or loud music thumping. MUCH nicer than my many Disney pool experiences. ;) Bartender at the pool was friendly and the beer was cold. A winning experience all around.

We stayed at Windsor Hills for our first trip (family of 5) and Bonnet Creek our 2nd....we preferred Bonnet Creek because of more of a vacation/resort feel.
Totally agree! I stayed at WH once and it was fine, but nowhere near as vacation-y feeling as WBC.

Our AC went out one night. We'd called it an early night and felt like the room was warm when we got to it around 9pm, but figured it just needed time to cool down since the thermostat works on a motion sensor. But it just kept getting warmer by 11pm and though the fan was running non-stop, I never heard the AC kick on. So I called the front desk, expecting Disney-like service (read: I was ready to pack us up and pay for another hotel because nothing would be done until the next day)... but they sent someone over right away. He checked things out, reset the breaker, and AC started back up. Said with it being so hot, and the motion sensor preventing the AC from turning on in the worst of the heat, sometimes they work too hard to bring the temp down when people return and it freezes up. As a FL homeowner, I know this means the AC is in need of maintenance or replacement, but whatever - it kept working the rest of our stay, lol!

We were there in early May, and our AC quit working. It took many many calls to get someone to believe us that it really was not working and was not just the motion sensor/patio door sensor issue. Finally they sent someone who messed with the breaker and said it was fixed. Nope. Many many calls later (because no one believed it was not the patio door being open), someone finally came the next night around 1am and spent 3 hours fixing it.

It worked after that, but I was tired the next day.

We were there in early May, and our AC quit working. It took many many calls to get someone to believe us that it really was not working and was not just the motion sensor/patio door sensor issue. Finally they sent someone who messed with the breaker and said it was fixed. Nope. Many many calls later (because no one believed it was not the patio door being open), someone finally came the next night around 1am and spent 3 hours fixing it.

It worked after that, but I was tired the next day.
UGH. That was exactly what I was expecting to happen, so it was such a relief when it didn't! I was literally dripping in sweat by the time maintenance came: no way could we have stayed the night in that.

I have a couple of questions about WBC. I've never stay here but have stayed at other locations with very similar room set ups. We are staying on-site at Disney 11/26-12/1 so I'm only needing 3 nights 12/1-12/4. We are planning to do a park on 12/1 then hopefully enjoy the resort on 12/2 (or finish up anything at Disney we missed) then heading to Legoland on 12/3 and checking out 12/4. I hate to be a control freak but I really want a nice room. Mainly clean and updated and a nice view from the balcony would be a plus. We really only need a 2 bedroom deluxe but not knowing what tower we would get makes me nervous. Should I try to find a 2 bedroom presidential to guarantee tower 6? Do I definitely want tower 6? Am I being silly and just take my chances and roll with it? What is your favorite tower and why? Do you think the pools will be crowded those dates?

Another question- when should I try to book? I want to get the best rate possible but don't want end up without a room because of my weird dates. Thanks!

If your long weekend is in early December of this year, 2016, it's not too early to reserve now. Timeshares book up earlier than hotels. While there are a handful of larger (4BR) Presidential units in other buildings, I've read that all sizes Presidential units are located in building 6. Building 6 is furthest from the main lobby and activity area.

Whether you would want building 6 may depend on the ages of your children. Since you are going to Legoland, I'll guess they're fairly young. The pirate ship pool slide at the Wyndham Grand Orlando (hotel) next to building 6 has a height restriction. While it's a really beautiful pool area, families with younger kids often enjoy the main timeshare resort pool area closer to the front lobby building. This one offers a large zero-entry area, a floating river, and a very nice splash zone for the younger set. The main lobby building is central to many activities: kids' game rooms, arcade, ping pong, nighttime outdoor movies, mini-golf equipment check-out, snack counters, and a gas grill & picnic area for guest use.

If your kids are a little older, or are less interested in some of those other things than in the Pirate pool, and they're fine with the modest walk around the lake, then building 6 is really nice. The hotel offers convenient, upscale restaurants, lounges, and spa services. It just depends on what your family would like and may use during this trip.

I doubt that any of the pools will be very crowded in early December. This is a gorgeous, fun resort and it has enough pools for the size of the property. The weather is rarely hot in early December so more people stay out all day long without a midday swim. You may have wonderful, very warm midday pool weather or not. Whenever we visit Orlando between late November and early March, we try to be flexible in selecting which days we relax at the resort pools, based on the local weather forecast once we get there. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
If your long weekend is in early December of this year, 2016, it's not too early to reserve now. Timeshares book up earlier than hotels. While there are a handful of larger (4BR) Presidential units in other buildings, I've read that all sizes Presidential units are located in building 6. Building 6 is furthest from the main lobby and activity area.

Whether you would want building 6 may depend on the ages of your children. Since you are going to Legoland, I'll guess they're fairly young. The pirate ship pool slide at the Wyndham Grand Orlando (hotel) next to building 6 has a height restriction. While it's a really beautiful pool area, families with younger kids often enjoy the main timeshare resort pool area closer to the front lobby building. This one offers a large zero-entry area, a floating river, and a very nice splash zone for the younger set. The main lobby building is central to many activities: kids' game rooms, arcade, ping pong, nighttime outdoor movies, mini-golf equipment check-out, snack counters, and a gas grill & picnic area for guest use.

If your kids are a little older, or are less interested in some of those other things than in the Pirate pool, and they're fine with the modest walk around the lake, then building 6 is really nice. The hotel offers convenient, upscale restaurants, lounges, and spa services. It just depends on what your family would like and may use during this trip.

I doubt that any of the pools will be very crowded in early December. This is a gorgeous, fun resort and it has enough pools for the size of the property. The weather is rarely hot in early December so more people stay out all day long without a midday swim. You may have wonderful, very warm midday pool weather or not. Whenever we visit Orlando between late November and early March, we try to be flexible in selecting which days we relax at the resort pools, based on the local weather forecast once we get there. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the info! We have 3 kids a 13 year old DD, 10DS, and 6DS. We enjoy a more relaxing quiet pool so not being too crowded would be awesome for us :)

Read a lot of this thread and trying to figure out whether I booked the bonnet creek resort or the grand hotel side.

Booked through agoda.com. The 2bd was $145/night from April 16-19, 2017. Can cancel within 21 days.

They called it the Orlando bonnet creek resort.

They have no more 2bds for that time and 3 more 1bds for $115/night.

Any insight? Did I book the hotel and need to pay resort fee and parking?!

Can I get a better price through the timeshare portion like vacation strategy?

Last edited:
Read a lot of this thread and trying to figure out whether I booked the bonnet creek resort or the grand hotel side.

Booked through agoda.com. The 2bd was $145/night from April 16-19, 2017. Can cancel within 21 days.

They called it the

They have no more 2bds for that time and 3 more 1bds for $115/night.

Any insight? Did I book the hotel and need to pay resort fee and parking?!

Can I get a better price through the timeshare portion like vacation strategy?

If it is a 2BR, it seems likely it is on the timeshare side. They Wyndham Grand is a hotel with regular hotel rooms. As for the cost, $145 isn't bad, but is this the final cost or are they adding sales taxes and various junk fees to the total?

Generally when you rent WBC from a private party, when you pay $150 a night or whatever, that's ALL you pay.

If it is a 2BR, it seems likely it is on the timeshare side. They Wyndham Grand is a hotel with regular hotel rooms. As for the cost, $145 isn't bad, but is this the final cost or are they adding sales taxes and various junk fees to the total?

Generally when you rent WBC from a private party, when you pay $150 a night or whatever, that's ALL you pay.

That was the final cost. I can cancel a few weeks before.

I just got a quote and booked with vacation strategy-- are they legit?! The price is $125 for sat night, and $105 for weekdays... For a 2bd!!

Very excited. It'll be over Easter weekend!!

They are legit. I have used them multiple times and they are frequently mentioned by users on these boards. I have had great experiences with them.

Any difference between Vacation Upgrades and Vacation Strategy? I received two very different quotes, about $150 difference.

Can anyone give me information on the poolside cabanas? We will be there from August 14-20th and are planning a resort day mid-week. Is this something I should book ahead of time or will there be plenty available to reserve day-of?

the pool with pirate ship is in front of building 6 not the hotel next door :)

question about paying balance to Vacation Strategy ... I paid the $150 deposit when booked. yesterday I received reminder for balance due in Aug. it gives a link to pay balance. when I clicked link it takes me to the 'click here to make deposit'. is this the right button to pay balance also? thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter