• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. A Wyndham owner who has WBC as their home resort can book up through 11/18.2012 now. So depending on when they want to go, they could book now.

However, there's really no rush unless you're talking about Thanksgiving week. WBC is usually pretty available.

I'd take my time and do some good research on who to rent from.

True. But it's clunky trying to reserve this early.

can someone tell me when the high season ends around summer time? Is it September or October? we are palnning to go visit Orlando for 2 week either Sept or October depending on the cost. We would stay 1 week at Disney and 1 week at Bonnet as our second week is more quiet and BC is the best place around IMO.

WOW. Sooooo much information here!! I have been combing over this thread for hours! :)

So. This diehard onsite girl is strongly considering offsite. So far we've stayed at ASMo, Pop, ASSp, POR, CSR, POLY, BWV and OKW (Split stays for many of them). Our family is just starting to get to the point where we just would appreciate more room. Every.single.time. we have been at Disney when we drive by BC one of us says "Wow, that's so close!!" at least once. So I think it's time to give it a shot.
The dining plan? I'm over it. Enough said.
This time we have a rental car. We won't want to drive all the time..but it will be nice to have a choice between that and the shuttle.
Extra Magic Hours? I will miss the morning ones, we usually hit rope drop. But we never ever made it to the night ones anyway. I think we'll live.

And the prices I see some of you getting for what appear to be nicely decorate and spacious units? Sign me up:lmao:

I think we are pretty good candidates to give a non-disney property a try this time.

I know I will have MANY questions in the future. My first one for now is.. when is the best time to start checking Ebay and to contact Ken Price? Our plane tickets are purchased and our dates are set. We're looking at the first week of May.

I know I will have MANY questions in the future. My first one for now is.. when is the best time to start checking Ebay and to contact Ken Price? Our plane tickets are purchased and our dates are set. We're looking at the first week of May.
Now is not too soon. You're going to be renting from Wyndham owners and we can reserve 13 months in advance at our home resorts and 10 months ahead at any resort.

WBC is generally easily available in May (I reserved last year in Feb for May), but I'd say as soon as you are sure on your dates, and that you want WBC, I'd book.

can someone tell me when the high season ends around summer time? Is it September or October? we are palnning to go visit Orlando for 2 week either Sept or October depending on the cost. We would stay 1 week at Disney and 1 week at Bonnet as our second week is more quiet and BC is the best place around IMO.
September. In 2012 specifically, Sept 6 - Oct 6 (roughly, depending on checkin date) is "Value" season, which means roughly half the points for Prime season.

However, that may not matter much in the cost of a rental. If you're renting from an owner, you're getting such a huge discount in the first place that the "season" really isn't going to matter much.

I need some recommendations on who to book through. I've tried one and they didn't answer me.

I'd really like to get a presedential suite. Is there anywa to request one of those?

I need some recommendations on who to book through. I've tried one and they didn't answer me.

I'd really like to get a presedential suite. Is there anywa to request one of those?

I'm not sure who you've tried to contact already but we're renting a 3BR Presidential through Paul at Utopia World Vacations.
http://www.utopiaworldvacations.com/home.php
He also sells on Ebay w/ 100% feedback:
http://myworld.ebay.ca/utopia_world

He responded back to my original request within 24 hours and has been great ever since.

I booked thru Farrell's-- his prices were even lower for my dates than Ken Price's, and he was very prompt and responsive.

Has anyone ever tipped the person at the check-in desk to help you get a requested tower or view, or if wanting to change rooms? We often tip at hotels when checking in, but I am not sure about a timeshare resort.

You sound just like us! Now, we've stayed at WBC three times and would never consider staying on property at the current rates. With two teenagers the space is necessary and if you get to the parks at opening time, it's about the same as EMH. (Nobody gets up early on vacation, I guess!)

We love spending the money we save on other things. We can even take an extra vacation with the difference in the price!

You won't regret it!

Has anyone ever tipped the person at the check-in desk to help you get a requested tower or view, or if wanting to change rooms? We often tip at hotels when checking in, but I am not sure about a timeshare resort.
No but I've been tempted to slap the blonde twit at the "parking pass" (i.e. Timeshare sales pitch body-snatcher) desk.

Chill...I didn't.

I'd really like to get a presedential suite. Is there anywa to request one of those?[/QUIOTE
I highly recommendwww. vacationstrategy.com..the people who own the sight are owners..started there own biz..so nice to deal with one person..got a 5 nite 2 bd for $400 in nov ..very easy to rent from

Has the hotel opened? Can anyone report on the restaurants in the hotel.

The hotel opened Oct 1st. someone posted a general review of the hotel in one of the Wyndham Grand threads here, which went over the basics of the food options. (Pool bar, Nice Show Kitchen TS, coffee shop w/ sandwiches and patries, etc).

We may need to wait a little bit before we get a full on review of the restaurants from people who have eaten there, but from just the initial report of the different options it's a dramatic improvement over what the Timeshare resort included.

So I'm looking for a 3 bedroom for the week of January 23rd. Every place I am trying is pretty high. Is that because it's a few months out?

I am thinking about a trip for November 2012...I am hoping to be able to get a reservation on ebay for Bonnet Creek. Most of the reservations I see on there for now are 7 days- Sun through Sat. Does anyone ever rent for a midweek stay? I am going to need a Thurs. night through Tues or Wed night? Does anyone have an idea how much a 2brm will run me for this?

Thanks!

We're doing a 4 night stay beginning next Wednesday, Oct. 26. You shouldn't hav etrouble doing that. We're paying $119/nt through Farrell's (eBay guy, used him twice before and he's great!).

Can someone remind me about what's up with internet at Bonnet Creek? Wireless yet? I'm taking the iPad anyway, not sure if I need to bring the laptop as well.

The wireless is spotty at best. I could get it during the day from inside my room, in the evening, sometimes on the balcony.

So I'm looking for a 3 bedroom for the week of January 23rd. Every place I am trying is pretty high. Is that because it's a few months out?

I'd say the biggest thing is that there are fewer 3Bdrm units at the resort than 2bdrm units. As a result, It's not as guaranteed that the owner would be able to get a great last minute discount on the point cost.

Beyond that, can't say.

Can someone remind me about what's up with internet at Bonnet Creek? Wireless yet? I'm taking the iPad anyway, not sure if I need to bring the laptop as well.

Wired internet. I believe the main common areas have wireless (pool bars/ lobby area), and I've heard enough reports from the Presidential Units in Tower 6 to believe that building likely has a decent wireless signal in it.

Beyond those area and Tower 6, the only wireless you are likely to receive is either the spotty signal from one of those areas, or from another guest who brought their own wireless router to plug into their room's network connection.

The cost of retrofitting the old buildings with Wireless makes it unlikely that the Resort's HOA would approve the capital expenditures.

It's also not the easiest from an engineering standpoint to retrofit an existing tower with a good uniform wireless network. You have a lot of factors to consider such as antennae placement to provide optimal coverage, the impact of obstructions such as walls to that signal, other interference sources, and the wireless channel selection used by each access point in order to prevent the AP's interfering with each other or the connecting devices from constantly trying to jump AP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter