The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We decided on BC and will be there in 3 weeks. Are the buses ECV friendly? My dad and step mom will be with us and she has neuropathy. We could drive if need be though too.

best deals will be ebay closer to date...we went spring break last year and got on ebay a 2BR for 5 nights for $599. I booked it a couple months out maybe? can't remember. That was good for time we were going.

many on here use ken price vacationupgrades.com

I just came back from 4 days at WBC and I wanted to share with you some observations.

First, if you plan on spending almost the entire day at Disney World it doesn't matter if you have a fireworks view. What does matter is how close you are to the bus if you plan to use it. At the end of the day, if you have to walk past three building to get to yours and your feet are killing you, you will really wish you had requested tower 6 or tower 1. Plus your kids will more than likely prefer to be in the pool instead of watching the fireworks.

Second, if your whirlpool doesn't work, check the breaker box.

Third, the the pirate ship slide is only open from 9-6. So don't tell your kids that they will get to go on the slide after a long day in Disney. They will only be disappointed.

Fourth, if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. The air conditioner unit is incredibly loud. Everyone I talked to said the same thing about theirs.

Fifth, consider bringing a rolling, grocery cart to bring in groceries or use the bellhop carts they keep for guest use on the ground floor.

We stayed in Tower 4, 12th floor. One piece of furniture was obviously damaged so I called the front desk to let them know. We came to Florida with 6 days of Disney passes and planned to stay all day at the parks and swim at night. It was close to the parks and the buses were great. We would stay here again but for our family of 6 we would get a 3 bedroom. We didn't use any of the resort amenities except the pool. The place was pretty quiet and there was very little sales pressure.

Hope this helps someone.

Totally helpful, thanks!

I would like to know too. We are thinking of staying here next April for a few nights as well.

We got our Spring Break 3br off EBAY about a month and a half out. Easy transaction, I think we paid 1199 for 8 days.

We are planning to go back in May of 2012 and I will try ebay again, and Ken Price to see what he can get me.

I'm looking at booking a one bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a girls' getaway in early December. The unit is a one bedroom with a sleeper sofa but that's pretty much all I know. Is there a building that would be best for us? We're two women in our 50s, no kids on this trip. We'd like something convenient to a pool (doesn't have to have a slide or anything) and a shuttle stop.

Thanks!

I would look at renting a two bedroom this way each of you have your own room and no one has to sleep on the pullout sofa. The one bedroom only have a king size bed. For Adults I would choose bldg 4, 5 or 6.

I could use some advise. I'm trying to weed through the info but there is so much! lol

We only live an hour and a half away from Disney and go almost every weekend. Occasionally we will stay over for one night. And then occasionally we will stay for 4-5 nights.

We've stayed at Palisades resort a lot, but this looks way better and much closer!

Anyway, we are a family of 5 (kids ages 17, 17, and 5). We tend to like quieter, more relaxed things and my youngest is very shy and quiet. (Made the mistake once of staying at Nickelodeon and it was awful for us. Too obnoxious!)

1. Should we be looking for certain buildings/areas?

2. Where should we look for reserving? Since we are close, we are able to do a lot of last minute stuff if that helps.

3. Any other tips I should know about?

4. And what is that pay it forward thread about?

5. Do Wynham rewards work there? Just wondering if I should sign up.

6. What does a "presidentual suite" actually mean?

It would be awesome to find a place we could consistently stay at. I'm getting tired of bouncing to different places.

I would look at renting a two bedroom this way each of you have your own room and no one has to sleep on the pullout sofa. The one bedroom only have a king size bed. For Adults I would choose bldg 4, 5 or 6.

Thanks, we're definitely going to go for the one bedroom due to price. I don't mind a sofa bed. Are the one bedrooms scattered throughout the resort?

Just wanted to share a look at the new hotel pool taken from my balcony this morning.

IMG_1329.jpg

We are going in April. I am a government employee and trying a site I heard about here on the Dis. http://www.getravelop.com/index.html We got a 1-bedroom for 7 nights for $392 including tax.

I also rented from them .... same price for the last week of Jan 2012. At first I thought only federal empoyees would qualify but I called and nope state and local also can rent thru them. So looking forward to our trip! :thumbsup2

I could use some advise. I'm trying to weed through the info but there is so much! lol

We only live an hour and a half away from Disney and go almost every weekend. Occasionally we will stay over for one night. And then occasionally we will stay for 4-5 nights.

We've stayed at Palisades resort a lot, but this looks way better and much closer!

Anyway, we are a family of 5 (kids ages 17, 17, and 5). We tend to like quieter, more relaxed things and my youngest is very shy and quiet. (Made the mistake once of staying at Nickelodeon and it was awful for us. Too obnoxious!)

1. Should we be looking for certain buildings/areas?

2. Where should we look for reserving? Since we are close, we are able to do a lot of last minute stuff if that helps.

3. Any other tips I should know about?

4. And what is that pay it forward thread about?

5. Do Wynham rewards work there? Just wondering if I should sign up.

6. What does a "presidentual suite" actually mean?

It would be awesome to find a place we could consistently stay at. I'm getting tired of bouncing to different places.

I'll see if i can answer some of your questions. The Wyndham Bonnett Creek resort is a timeshare resort, so if you are only looking for a single night (or 2), It may be harder to find them. That being said, you also likely won't find any great last minute deals for an empty room like you might at a regular hotel.

1. If you are going to primarily visit the parks, I wouldn't worry about requesting a particular tower or area. The biggest advantage one tower may have over another is the pools closest to that particular tower, or potentially the proximity to the shuttle stops. If you aren't planning on using the pools, then that wouldn't be a factor for you. The closest tower to the Disney shuttle is tower 6. 5, 4, and 1 are next door to the shuttle stops, and tower 2 and 3 aren't very far either. If you drive to the parks, then this wouldn't be a factor either.

2. the Wyndham Bonnett Creek resort has it's own site, but that wouldn't be the best place to get them. You might try someplace like RCI's last minute deals site or weekend getaways (Would require RCI membership) ..... but ultimately your best bet would be with places like Ebay, vacationupgrades.com (ken price), Farrell Vacations, etc. There are a lot of commercial rental outfits that you can go thru.

3. Biggest tip might be the whole "mark the lowest income level" trick when getting your parking pass to avoid being asked to go on the sales speil.

4. The Easiest way to explain the Pay It Forward thread might be it's something similar to a POP Fridge Swap. There are a lot of DIS'ers who stay at the resort, so there are currently 2 bins which are being passed from group to group which may contain things like left over food/soda/beer, poncho's, laundry detergent, etc.. It started as a way for people to pass along those supplies you may get for your stay in the condo, but couldn't use all of during a single week. Rather than throw away what was left, or need to find a place to pack it in your luggage to bring home, you can just place it in the bin and pass it along to someone checking in after you leave.

5. Yes... and no. It's a timeshare resort, so you don't get rewards or perks like you would at a Wyndham Hotel. For owners however, there are ways you can tie your Wyndham Rewards program membership in with your Wyndham Vacation Ownership account. These consist of primarily either converting your owned points into Reward Program points, or using Reward Program points to pay your maintenance fees. As someone who doesn't own there however, you won't see any benefits.

6. A "Presidential Suite" is a unit with certain upgraded features over a regular "Deluxe" unit at the resort. These upgrades may consist of things such as granite countertops (although it appears that the deluxe's are starting to get granite as part of their regular refurbs), Stainless Steel appliances, hardwood floors, etc..

A couple other things that might be worth looking into or noting:

* The Wyndham Grand hotel at Bonnett Creek recently opened. This is a regular hotel located within the same resort complex as the timeshare resort. As a regular hotel, you may find more typical 'hotel' type last minute deals available here, as well as it allowing you to tie in a Wyndham Rewards program membership to your stay. There hasn't been a whole lot of information on the hotel posted on the DIS yet however, so I can't tell you how it compares to the timeshare units when it comes to space/cost/etc.

* Since you make regular shorter trips, and if you find that you like the resort enough to buy into it.....DO NOT BUY RETAIL! You can find some great deals on Wyndham points via the resale market. That being said, because of the way the program is structured, it works better with longer stays. If you are only doing weekends and short trips, it may still be more cost effective to rent than to own because of the additional reservation transaction fees and housekeeping credits you may end up using during a year. (More information if you start to consider this option can be found on the Timeshare Users Group [TUG] Forums online.)

I hope this helps.

Awesome, ty so much :)

We likely would never buy. We do want to stay 4-6 nights mid January for m son's birthday so I think I'll start looking to stay there then.

I did just research the Hilton one, but I don't think they have rooms fitting 5 people. At least when I tried to search my dates, there was nothing. That's typical a lot for us. Always ends up being cheaper to stay in a suite of some sort as opposed to 2 hotel rooms.

Heading there on 10/30 with our friends! Can't wait! First stay at WBC...always stayed on property before now, but we are now Wyndham owners at 3 locations, including WBC! awesome! I'm so excited reading the threads about WBC!!! :))))

Where can you find info on renting presedential suites? I cant seem to find those anywhere.

Heading there on 10/30 with our friends! Can't wait! First stay at WBC...always stayed on property before now, but we are now Wyndham owners at 3 locations, including WBC! awesome! I'm so excited reading the threads about WBC!!! :))))

see you there neighbor:thumbsup2 We check in on 28th. You will love BCR. We are Wyndham owners too, although we have never stayed at our home resorts:goodvibes

Can anyone tell me about building 5? We are requesting fireworks view...is that a nice building or not?

Building 5 is a great location. There is a parking garage right outside so it's easy to find a spot. Bldg 4 & 5 are basically in the same area so you share the pools. Bldg 5 has a lazy river and 4 has a regular pool & hot tub. There is a bar by the pool at Bldg 4 where they occassionally have someone playing music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!