The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to rent a unit checking in on Christmas or the following day. Would the 60 day mark be from the check in date or the check out date. Also, has anyone had any experience renting during Christmas week? I haven't really seen anything on ebay.

the 60 days starts at check in day.

Sorry, no info on renting during Christmas week. Email the owner and ask for your specific time frame.

I deal with Ken Price.

Hi

We have a 2br deluxe reserved for April. I've noticed that some pics of the units show carpeting and others tile. Is this part of the difference between a deluxe and a presidential unit, or do new towers have tile?

Thanks.

Thanks! I just emailed them. :)

Okay, a question yall....right now I am not finding 3 bedroom presidentials under $170 for mid January.The presidential is not necessary, but it would be nice to surprise DH with that. But I really want to stay closer to $100 a night if possible.

When I look at different sites and ebay, the rates seem to be a lot lower closer to the time. So I'm guessing it makes more sense to wait until last minute. I just don't know if waiting last minute will knock out any chance of the presidentials.

We want to go the week of January 23rd. Im somewhat flexable on dates and length of stay, but I really want to be over there January 23 for DS's birthday. We only live an hour and a half away though so it's not like I have to have everything planned way ahead of time. Nor do we HAVE to stay here. It just looks so pretty!

I just want to confirm that it makes more sense for me to look closer to the dates.

If you are wanting a 3Bdrm, and especcially a Presidential unit, I would book ASAP. The majority of the resort is composed of 2bdrm Deluxe units, so if you have your heard set on a specific date and want either a 1bdrm or 3bdrm deluxe unit, or any size presidential unit, the earlier you book, the better just to ensure that you are able to get what it is you want.

There are some of the renters who will offer a discount from their quoted price at 60days, assuming they are able to get a discount. For a 3bdrm though, I'd agree that it's highly unlikely to get something in the $100/nt range. Even getting a Presidential unit at that price range would be iffy.

I am looking to rent a unit checking in on Christmas or the following day. Would the 60 day mark be from the check in date or the check out date. Also, has anyone had any experience renting during Christmas week? I haven't really seen anything on ebay.

I just checked the owners site, and there does not appear to be ANY availability currently for the week after Xmas (including Christmas day) at the resort. Because of how popular that week is at Disney and the fact WBC has become so popular, I would not expect to find much of anything available at this late a date (let alone 60days) for Christmas.

There is a small chance that someone may have a reservation on hold and available on Ebay or thru another rental site.... and an even smaller chance that something MAY open up if someone cancels.... but I wouldn't hold my breath. (Because of the number of families who go to Florida that time of year because of work/school vacations between Xmas and New Years, and the comparative large amount of space you have at WBC in your unit, I'd expect a most of the rooms are booked by families planning on spending the holidays there instead of a hotel room.)

One king and a sleeper sofa in the living room.

I thought all the presidential units didn't have sleeper sofa's?

Hi

We have a 2br deluxe reserved for April. I've noticed that some pics of the units show carpeting and others tile. Is this part of the difference between a deluxe and a presidential unit, or do new towers have tile?

Thanks.

The Deluxe units have Carpeting in the entire unit, While the Presidentials usually have the tile in the common areas of the unit. I THINK the Presidentials may have carpeting in the bedroom however.

Which buildings have parking garages?

Also, we're staying at WBC in Feb. Too cold to swim? I know the pools are heated but will it be miserable trying to swim then?

Which buildings have parking garages?

Also, we're staying at WBC in Feb. Too cold to swim? I know the pools are heated but will it be miserable trying to swim then?

There is a parking garage between Buildings 4 and 5, and I believe there is also one over by tower 6.

As for February temps.... I can depend on the year, and what you consider too cold to swim. There are several places online you can check to see what the average temps in Florida are during any given month.

Also remember that it'd probably be colder in early Febuary than it is in late Febuary in Florida, so the exact time of the month could also be an important factor.

Hi all!

Ok, so I have been helping my best friend with reservations at WBC and she got quotes from Ken Price and also from Farrells. She is looking at Spring Break 2012 which is VERY busy. Ken Price told her only a 1 bedroom was available at that time and he would charge $1150. Farrells told her he can get her a 2 bedroom for the same exact dates for $950-ish. So basically $200 less. Naturally, my friend, who does not deal with timeshare renting is leery of Farrell, but I am trying to convey that many DISers have used him with success. She is supposed to pay him by midnight, and I keep telling her she is fine. That price IS amazing for spring break for a 2 bedroom.

Can anyone give me words of encouragement to pass on, ASAP?

If she uses Paypal and something were to happen, she would be ok, right?

We just got back last friday. Rented from Farrell and all went beautifully and exactly as he said it would. We were a bit leery too but his price could not be beat and his dates were pretty flexible as well. Hope your friend has a great stay:)

Definitely there is a sleeper sofa in the living room but I can't vouch for ow comfortable it is since I did not open it the 2 times I stayed in a 1 BR presidential.

We just got back last friday. Rented from Farrell and all went beautifully and exactly as he said it would. We were a bit leery too but his price could not be beat and his dates were pretty flexible as well. Hope your friend has a great stay:)

Thank you! I am tryig to convince her how its not a scam, and that a 2 bedroom will be SOOOO much better than a one bedroom with 2 adults and 2 kids. Your response did help, so thank you.

If anyone else has rented from Farrells and can help, please let me know. ;)

There is a parking garage between Buildings 4 and 5, and I believe there is also one over by tower 6.

Just an FYI... There is a parking garage between bldg 6 and the new hotel, BUT, it seems as though they are trying to use it for hotel guests only. When we parked in there we were told by the attendant that it is hotel parking only. No signs though, so who knows...

Hi all!

Ok, so I have been helping my best friend with reservations at WBC and she got quotes from Ken Price and also from Farrells. She is looking at Spring Break 2012 which is VERY busy. Ken Price told her only a 1 bedroom was available at that time and he would charge $1150. Farrells told her he can get her a 2 bedroom for the same exact dates for $950-ish. So basically $200 less. Naturally, my friend, who does not deal with timeshare renting is leery of Farrell, but I am trying to convey that many DISers have used him with success. She is supposed to pay him by midnight, and I keep telling her she is fine. That price IS amazing for spring break for a 2 bedroom.

Can anyone give me words of encouragement to pass on, ASAP?

If she uses Paypal and something were to happen, she would be ok, right?

I Don't know if it's a bit late, but here's something I've gathered from other posts.

Farrell tends to charge a bit less, but his prices are locked, and he usually requires full payment up front.

Ken Price will often quote a slightly higher price, but he will often check for discounts closer to the actual date and pass along any discounts he can secure. He also works under a deposit/full payment due by xx days before trip model.

So ultimately what it comes down to is that Ken Price charges more, but what you get for that extra is a bit more flexibility as far as payment goes and the possibility of a discount later if he can get one. Farrell gives a less expensive price up front, but doesn't have the same flexibility as far as payment timetables.

Just an FYI... There is a parking garage between bldg 6 and the new hotel, BUT, it seems as though they are trying to use it for hotel guests only. When we parked in there we were told by the attendant that it is hotel parking only. No signs though, so who knows...

Interesting. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about people in Tower 6 parking there prior to the hotel opening without any difficulty. I also can't help but wonder how much parking is available for Tower 6. There isn't a lot of space between Tower 6 and the edge of the property, and when you look at that side of the property, there isnt a lot of surface parking between Tower 4-6, and the parking deck between 4 and 5 isn't a extremely large.

There is an entrance to the parking garage on the side of Tower 6 and another entrance on the hotel side. I parked in the tower while staying in tower 6 last week. The entrance was not closed/blocked on that side, although I guess they could put up barricades at that entrance if they chose to allow only hotel guests to park there. What is nice is that the elevator from the garage takes you into a hallway within the hotel. There is an interior walkway from that hallway over to the lobby of Tower 6. It is not very far.

I was usually able to find a very close and convenient spot to park in the open parking area near Tower 6, but one night when I got back from the Boardwalk late after eating at Flying Fish, I parked in the garage. It too was convenient as I found a spot close to the elevator.

DCtootall - thank you for that info! That helps a lot. My friend is willing and can pay up front so I think she is going with Farrell - mostly because they want the 2 bedroom and Ken Price said he could only get a one bedroom for the same dates.

Which leads me to wonder - are there different tiered owners? Why would one owner only be able to get a one bedroom but another owner can get a 2 bedroom? I also emailed a 3rd owner and they said no availability at all. :confused3 Does anyone know how that can be? I requested quotes for the exact same dates and got 3 different answers. This is only my curiousity speaking, as a DVC owner.

Good question. I wonder if some of the people renting reserve units ahead of time?

I know Ken gets the 60 day price very early on the morning of the 60 day out day, as I have received an email with the confirmation of the inside 60 day price very early int he morning. Have rented from him 6 or more times, always received the inside 60 day price, but I travel in late May, early March before Easter break time, October or September.

From my balcony
IMG_5236.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

using my zoom
IMG_5260.jpg

Further left I caught the hat at the Studios
IMG_5444.jpg

GORGEOUS!!!!!:thumbsup2

Which leads me to wonder - are there different tiered owners? Why would one owner only be able to get a one bedroom but another owner can get a 2 bedroom? I also emailed a 3rd owner and they said no availability at all. :confused3 Does anyone know how that can be? I requested quotes for the exact same dates and got 3 different answers. This is only my curiousity speaking, as a DVC owner.

There are 5 tiers of owners: regular owners; VIP; VIP Gold; VIP Platinum and Presidential Reserve. In general the biggest benefits of VIP status are unlimited housekeeping credits, point discounts and free upgrades. Point discounts and free upgrades vary by level of ownership.

Quotes can differ as owners can ask different prices for their product based on their underlying costs. MF vary by resort as does the price that owners buy in at. Same differences can occur when renting DVC points. I've paid as low as $7/point and as high as $10/point all within 15 months.

Mega renters often reserve inventory for certain time periods and then if it doesn't rent they will cancel. There is most likely some Christmas inventory for rent somewhere, but as of this morning there was no availabilty directly from Wyndham. The inventory can and does change frequently as owners cancel and reserve units throughout the day.

DCtootall - thank you for that info! That helps a lot. My friend is willing and can pay up front so I think she is going with Farrell - mostly because they want the 2 bedroom and Ken Price said he could only get a one bedroom for the same dates.

There are 5 tiers of owners: regular owners; VIP; VIP Gold; VIP Platinum and Presidential Reserve. In general the biggest benefits of VIP status are unlimited housekeeping credits, point discounts and free upgrades. Point discounts and free upgrades vary by level of ownership.

Quotes can differ as owners can ask different prices for their product based on their underlying costs. MF vary by resort as does the price that owners buy in at. Same differences can occur when renting DVC points. I've paid as low as $7/point and as high as $10/point all within 15 months.

Mega renters often reserve inventory for certain time periods and then if it doesn't rent they will cancel. There is most likely some Christmas inventory for rent somewhere, but as of this morning there was no availabilty directly from Wyndham. The inventory can and does change frequently as owners cancel and reserve units throughout the day.

Janet pretty much touched on most of it. A couple other factors that can play in.....

Presidential Reserve tiered owners (own over 1,000,000 points purchased from the developer at a presidential reserve resort) get some extra "perks" such as exclusive access to the "Presidential Reserve" presidential units that are at certain resorts and not released into general inventory until very close to the date of travel.

The price differences you see from the commercial renters often come due to what VIP level they own (and the related point discounts and upgrades they can get), as well as where thier home resort is. (different home resorts can have different MF's)

And especcially for extremely popular resorts like Wyndham Bonnet Creek during popular weeks, you will see a lot of the commercial renters making reservations in order to secure inventory on the assumption that they'll be able to rent it out. Owners have until 15days prior to the date of travel to cancel without any real consequences. (after 15days, you forfeit all the points used to make that reservation). Since you can reserve at your home resort at 13mo (10mo for non-home resorts), this gives the commercial renters tons of time to try and move the inventory.

Are the presidential reserve presidential units a different type of unit than presidential units?

Are the presidential reserve presidential units a different type of unit than presidential units?

No. The only difference between a regular Presidential unit and a Presidential Reserve suite is how you can get one. Basically, Presidential Reserve units are not made available to non-Presidential Reserve owners until about 30days before the travel dates, or 75% of the Presidential Reserve inventory is reserved.

No. The only difference between a regular Presidential unit and a Presidential Reserve suite is how you can get one. Basically, Presidential Reserve units are not made available to non-Presidential Reserve owners until about 30days before the travel dates, or 75% of the Presidential Reserve inventory is reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter