The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now! Sitting out on the balcony, overlooking the lake & lighted fountain with music playing from the pool. It's lovely! Originally we hoped for a high floor & fireworks view, but that was not available when we checked in at 11am, so we took tower 4, 5th floor, lake view. I'm so glad we did! 15 minutes of fireworks would not have been worth the parking lot view the rest of the time for us. Overlooking the lake & pool makes it feel more resort-y to me. I did a thorough inspection for bed bugs before I brought my family up. This place is spotless so far! TV in kids room is so staticy that it's useless though. I'll call about that tomorrow. Very quick drive to Epcot today. Totally surrounded by Disney property. We booked with VS- no problems at all.

Can I take and use a crock pot? Chicken in the crock pot would be a great but easy meal! I am thinking of packing mine, but do they have some available there? And are plug-ins like a CP allowed?

No I did not see a crock pot but you can bring one or on your grocery run pick up a cheap one. We tend to do more breakfast/lunch at the room and go out to dinner but it would make it easy to have dinner waiting when. You get back :)

Are there bellman at WBC? It may seem a silly question but we've been to timeshares that had them and some that didn't.

We will be arriving at mco @6am. We plan on getting a rental car and then heading for breakfast and to the grocery and liquor store, then hoping we can spend some time by the pool and relax until a room is available. Any recommendations on a place to get a good breakfast? And a store?

I second ^^^. This is our 2nd year booking w/ VS and there's a reason for that ... lowest price and good customer service. The price has never gone up from the original quote. In fact, they gave me 8 days instead of 7 last time we booked through them. And, I just paid our balance TODAY in fact and can't wait to check into our presidential suite in 2 weeks! :thumbsup2

I was told when I booked that the balance would not be due until I got a confirmation with my name on it, which would be a couple of weeks out. However, I got an email a couple of weeks ago (54 days out) that my balance was due. I did not get the confirmation with my name on it, though. When I called Vacation Strategies to ask about it, I got a rather frazzled sounding man, who was sort of snippy, who told me they now required the amount to be paid in full sooner and that they no longer send out the confirmation in the guest's name and that I would not need it to check in anyway. He also said something about during the next few weeks they would be booking and rebooking it using several people's points because it was a 10 day reservation and they wanted to get the best price. He then told me that didn't concern me though and not to worry about it, all I needed to do was show up May 10th and that I would not be getting anything else from them. When I asked him what I would need then, he said nothing but ID, but if I would feel better about it, I could call VS 48 hours before I arrived and they would patch me through to BC, who would then confirm I had a reservation with them.:confused3

I'm just curious as to why your balance wasn't due until two weeks out, but they made me pay mine at 54 days out.:confused3 Also curious if you've gotten any kind of confirmation with your name on it from BC? Thanks!

I am putting in the address of 9560 Via Encinas, LBV and it does not recognize the address. Is there a different address or something very close to us that i could use instead - Thanks

Here now! Sitting out on the balcony, overlooking the lake & lighted fountain with music playing from the pool. It's lovely! Originally we hoped for a high floor & fireworks view, but that was not available when we checked in at 11am, so we took tower 4, 5th floor, lake view. I'm so glad we did! 15 minutes of fireworks would not have been worth the parking lot view the rest of the time for us. Overlooking the lake & pool makes it feel more resort-y to me. I did a thorough inspection for bed bugs before I brought my family up. This place is spotless so far! TV in kids room is so staticy that it's useless though. I'll call about that tomorrow. Very quick drive to Epcot today. Totally surrounded by Disney property. We booked with VS- no problems at all.

Hi there so jealous of you ;) can't wait till September to get out there, I'm just wondering as your sat looking out over the resort how far from the Caribbean beach are you in walking terms??

Sorry, don't know how to reply directly to posts on my phone!

With my GPS, it recognized the address as Orlando, not Lake Buena Vista.

There is no easy way to walk to Caribbean Beach - no walkway, no path, lots of fences, trees, and ditches. You'd have to walk on the road, which I really don't recommend. Vacation drivers not sure where they're going and trying to read signs don't pay attention always to bodies walking/running on the road.

Sorry, don't know how to reply directly to posts on my phone!

With my GPS, it recognized the address as Orlando, not Lake Buena Vista.

There is no easy way to walk to Caribbean Beach - no walkway, no path, lots of fences, trees, and ditches. You'd have to walk on the road, which I really don't recommend. Vacation drivers not sure where they're going and trying to read signs don't pay attention always to bodies walking/running on the road.

Try this, it's the transit address:
14314 Chelonia Pky and Bonnet Creek Resort Ln,Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I used Google maps and typed Wyndham Bonnet Creek into the map search bar. The Encinas address came up but it gave me directions.

Sounds great! Did you try to tighten the coax on the TV, or push in the HDMI or A/V cables? Sometimes that's all you need!

What else can you see, Disney wise, from your balcony? What is the parking like outside of your building? What is the pool that is closest to you?

Thanks!

Sounds great! Did you try to tighten the coax on the TV, or push in the HDMI or A/V cables? Sometimes that's all you need!

What else can you see, Disney wise, from your balcony? What is the parking like outside of your building? What is the pool that is closest to you?

Thanks!

I'll try that- thanks!

Can't see anything Disney at all from any part of the resort that we've been to yet. But I don't care at all. We're at the parks all day. This place is a nice, relaxing retreat away from it all. View from the balcony of the lake and at least three pools is beautiful. There are pools everywhere! We haven't checked out the one closet to our tower yet. We went to the big one with the lazy river & kids spray ground behind the main bldg/check in today. They had a bar there, whirlpool. It was one building o the right. Five minute walk. We're hoping to hit a new pool each day. The resort is so pretty that we do not mind walking to get to a pool.

Parking lot is small outside building 4, but we've always found a spot. Garage is close too.

They had face painting & balloon animals for the kids at the activity center today. Very cute!

Hi there so jealous of you ;) can't wait till September to get out there, I'm just wondering as your sat looking out over the resort how far from the Caribbean beach are you in walking terms??

As someone else replied, the street is not walk able at all. But it's the next resort over. I can't imagine that it's nicer than this!

As someone else replied, the street is not walk able at all. But it's the next resort over. I can't imagine that it's nicer than this!

CB is nicely themed but you are in the best possible place at WBC! Will never stay on site again after 3 wonderful stays here. Boardwalk and DD are just a short drive away, too.

Enjoy! We're all jealous!!

Is there a place that shows travel times from WBC to the parks. and maybe a map that shows the area with the parks and wbc labeled??

It's official! I just booked our anniversary trip in August at WBC through Vacation Upgrades! So excited!

Yay for you!! And us too... We've paid our deposit for the end of October.

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

Is there a place that shows travel times from WBC to the parks. and maybe a map that shows the area with the parks and wbc labeled??

I found a map by googling Disneyworld area and resorts. There is a good map in the front of Unofficial Guide to Disneyworld. I bought the book and suscribed to the website touringplans.com but the site is available for free. I just paid for personalized itineraries. The website otherwise is free.
I have spoken to people and HS&Epcot are less than 10 min and AK&MK are 15-20 min. However, from MK parking is another 10-20 min to get inside.
Can anyone verify?

Took us about 13-15 minutes for HS and EPCOT, especially if we hit all the red lights. AK was closer to 15-18, and MK was 18-20. You park at Transportation and Ticket Center for Magic Kingdom, then take a tram or walk to the TTC, and then take the ferry (holds more people, but goes slower), or the monorail (faster, but longer line) to the Magic Kingdom. One day they had buses because the ferry wasn't running, and that was QUICK, but I've only encountered that once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter