The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be "home" next Friday! I can't wait to see all the changes. It's been 2 years since I've been to Bonnet Creek!
Major changes since then?
I read that the bus service now costs -
how's the wireless service?

Can you take your own Xbox games and ear piece to use do you know?? My son will be really impressed he can chill out on Xbox or an hour or so after a hectic day in the parks :)
The xbox unit is in the activities center in the main building. It is in a room with 2 tvs and 2 pool tables. You could easily bring your own games, I know nothing about the accessories.

Hi y'all sorry to get back to you so late.
We're in Tower 3, 5th floor, even number.
Yes, there is a pizza pan in the oven. We ordered one from La. Cocina - it was delivered hot and was delicious!

The question about check in time got me thinking...

We don't check in until a Friday but will be getting into Orlando Thurs night and most likely staying at a Hilton or one of their chains since I have points. But I am planning on Friday being a park day (AK). With that being said, what time should we check into WBC? I guess if need be, we (or just one of us can leave the park and go check in), then go back to AK.

The question about check in time got me thinking...

We don't check in until a Friday but will be getting into Orlando Thurs night and most likely staying at a Hilton or one of their chains since I have points. But I am planning on Friday being a park day (AK). With that being said, what time should we check into WBC? I guess if need be, we (or just one of us can leave the park and go check in), then go back to AK.

Last year when we went we stayed in a hotel on a Friday night and checked in at WBC at 7:30AM Sat morning. There was no line and it was really fast. Got my room keys and headed straight to one of the parks.

I had to change my dates, flights,WBC reservation, YES tickets, Car Rental, kids camp uugggh, I have been a bit crazy:rolleyes1 I had to change, due to kids sports.

But, here is the thing, I had to go with the cheapest flight and got one departing at 9pm. So that means on our last day we will have no park ticket and would like to just hang at the pool. I imagine this is fine, since it was fine in Disney. Right?

but, I have a few questions...

Do you think I could get a late check out? If so how late? or is it just a request.

Maybe this would be a good day to rent a cabana? What do you think?

Quick question for any Wyndham owners on this thread....

We're in the process of closing on a resale purchase, and I'm guessing that Wyndham won't set up our account until August.

I have a WDW trip for the 1st week of December. Hoping to get some answers :)

(1) What are my chances of booking a 1BR Deluxe at Bonnet Creek w/in the 90 day Express Window for a 4 night stay the 1st week of December?

(2) Is it fairly easy/hard to book 3 or 4 night stays at Bonnet Creek in general?

(3) Are there any pictures of 1BR Deluxe's anywhere? I browsed through the DIS BC photo thread and most of the pictures are of presidential units.

(4) Also--do 1 BR Pres units only sleep 2 (no pullout sofa, right)?

Thanks!

We're in the process of closing on a resale purchase, and I'm guessing that Wyndham won't set up our account until August.

(1) What are my chances of booking a 1BR Deluxe at Bonnet Creek w/in the 90 day Express Window for a 4 night stay the 1st week of December? Good

(2) Is it fairly easy/hard to book 3 or 4 night stays at Bonnet Creek in general? Very easy as long as you are flexible with your arrival day

(3) Are there any pictures of 1BR Deluxe's anywhere? I browsed through the DIS BC photo thread and most of the pictures are of presidential units. https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffr/member/resort/unitDescription.do

(4) Also--do 1 BR Pres units only sleep 2 (no pullout sofa, right)? Sleeps 4 King bed & queen sleeper sofa (only presidential that has sleeper sofa)

Thanks!

See above

See above

Thanks so much!

Do you think it'd be hard to book a 1BR Presidential for the 1st week of December during the 90 day express window? We bought bi-ennial even usage, so I'd have to borrow points for our upcoming trip (hence the 90-day window question).

Are there significantly more 1BR Deluxes as compared to 1BR Presidentials? Are the 1BR's all lockoffs (& noisy)?

Thanks!

1 Bedroom deluxe DOES have a pull out sofa. This is the only type unit we have ever stayed in and have always had a pull out sofa.

"The presidential units because of the upgraded couch do not have pull-out sleeper couches in the living room. The Deluxe unit however does have a Pull-out couch"

Are there 2-bedroom deluxes in all the towers? There are 6 towers right? Is the room assigning completely random as to what tower, floor, view you have? Is there parking at each tower?

Also, is there a map of the resort that shows where the restaurants, pools, etc are?

Thanks!

Are there 2-bedroom deluxes in all the towers? There are 6 towers right? Is the room assigning completely random as to what tower, floor, view you have? Is there parking at each tower?

Also, is there a map of the resort that shows where the restaurants, pools, etc are?

Thanks!

We have a 2 bed apartment also just wondering which towers and apartment should I request we are a party of 5 ages 53, 37, 22, 15 and 13. Fireworks view would be nice but if other apartments are better then fine. Thanks

Thanks!

Yes there are 2 bed room deluxes in all towers. Yes 6 towers total. Room assigning is random, but it doesn't hurt to ask if you have a preference. Yes parking is available at each tower although you may have difficulty finding a spot near your own tower. Hit and miss. They provide you witha map that has pools/restaurants etc upon checking in.

Hope that helps :thumbsup2

Thanks so much!

Do you think it'd be hard to book a 1BR Presidential for the 1st week of December during the 90 day express window? We bought bi-ennial even usage, so I'd have to borrow points for our upcoming trip (hence the 90-day window question).

Are there significantly more 1BR Deluxes as compared to 1BR Presidentials? Are the 1BR's all lockoffs (& noisy)?

Thanks!

I don't know much about the 1 BRs. We always get a 2 BR. I also have a EOY point structure. I had to pull my points from 2015 to complete this year's trip. I would pull all your points from the next use year as soon as you can and make the reservation rather than wait to rent or borrow. You have 3 years from when you pull them to use them. I don't think they have lock-offs at WBC. If you want to send me your dates I can check availability. I checked 12/1 to 12/8 arrivals and Pres is double the amount of points as Deluxe.

1 Bedroom deluxe DOES have a pull out sofa. This is the only type unit we have ever stayed in and have always had a pull out sofa.

"The presidential units because of the upgraded couch do not have pull-out sleeper couches in the living room. The Deluxe unit however does have a Pull-out couch"

The 1 BR Presidential units have queen sleeper sofas, the rest of the presidential units don't

I don't know much about the 1 BRs. We always get a 2 BR. I also have a EOY point structure. I had to pull my points from 2015 to complete this year's trip. I would pull all your points from the next use year as soon as you can and make the reservation rather than wait to rent or borrow. You have 3 years from when you pull them to use them. I don't think they have lock-offs at WBC. If you want to send me your dates I can check availability. I checked 1/1 to 1/8 arrivals and Pres is double the amount of points as Deluxe.

Oh wow! I had no idea that I could pull points early to use them. When I do that, do I have to pull a whole year's worth?

Would you mind checking if there are 1BR presidentials and 1BR still available for a 3 night stay starting 12/3? Thank you so much!!

Oh wow! I had no idea that I could pull points early to use them. When I do that, do I have to pull a whole year's worth?

Would you mind checking if there are 1BR presidentials and 1BR still available for a 3 night stay starting 12/3? Thank you so much!!

There are 2 of each 27 (deluxe) or 39 (pres) K points

I would pull all the points so that you pay the $39 fee once. Ask to put your points in the pool and you have 3 years from that date to use them.

There are 2 of each 27 (deluxe) or 39 (pres) K points

I would pull all the points so that you pay the $39 fee once. Ask to put your points in the pool and you have 3 years from that date to use them.

Only 2 of each this early? Oh no :( OK well now I'll manage my expectations about getting BC) Thanks.

I had to change my dates, flights,WBC reservation, YES tickets, Car Rental, kids camp uugggh, I have been a bit crazy:rolleyes1 I had to change, due to kids sports.

But, here is the thing, I had to go with the cheapest flight and got one departing at 9pm. So that means on our last day we will have no park ticket and would like to just hang at the pool. I imagine this is fine, since it was fine in Disney. Right?

but, I have a few questions...

Do you think I could get a late check out? If so how late? or is it just a request.

Maybe this would be a good day to rent a cabana? What do you think?

I think some of what I read indicate that a "late checkout" is usually only about an extra hour or 2.... and it's first come/first served upon requests for a late checkout and based off availability [IE... how many units do they need to turn over quickly that day].

On the flip side... there is nothing keeping you from still enjoying to property after you check out while waiting to go to the airport for your flight. If you are taking a shuttle/cab to the airport, you can store your stuff with bell services.... and there are restrooms by the pools which you can use to change. i think I remember someone mentioning in the past in one of these threads that the public restroom by the pool at the main building also have showers, so you'd be able to rinse post-pool before your flight if you wanted.

(1) What are my chances of booking a 1BR Deluxe at Bonnet Creek w/in the 90 day Express Window for a 4 night stay the 1st week of December?

(2) Is it fairly easy/hard to book 3 or 4 night stays at Bonnet Creek in general?

(3) Are there any pictures of 1BR Deluxe's anywhere? I browsed through the DIS BC photo thread and most of the pictures are of presidential units.

(4) Also--do 1 BR Pres units only sleep 2 (no pullout sofa, right)?

Thanks!

1. Tough to say. In the past i wouldn't have said there would be a problem... however, With the resort's becoming much more popular over the years, You are seeing more and more reservations being made for spec purposes. Since Decemeber is a popular time to visit the parks, and that timeframe being in the "value" season at the resort (AKA.. the cheapest time to visit), it makes it more likely that others will want to visit at the same time. To add to that.... 1bdrm units are not as plentiful at the resort as the 2bdrm units, so they will go faster. You will also see some VIP level owners booking a 1bdrm with the plan that they'll be able to take advantage of the free upgrade to a 2bdrm unit during the upgrade windows, so the 1bdrms may book up sooner than you would think they would..

2. Not really. If anything... it could be easier at this resort than at others due to it's tendency to treat inventory more like a hotel than a traditional resort. you also see a lot more mid-week and longer-than-a-week stays here, so you end up with a lot more shorter empty room windows. The main thing is that you may have be a bit flexible on your check-in day if you are looking closer to the planned stay.

3. There are pictures of Deluxe units around, but I'm not sure exactly where to direct you. If it helps in visualizing the room, The furnishings and layout for a 1bdrm Deluxe is identical to a 2bdrm Deluxe. The floor plan differences are:

* there is a wall next to the entrance door instead of the short hallway to the 2nd bedroom and bathroom.

* There is a 2nd door to the master bathroom located next to the kitchen / dining room table.

* The in-room washer/dryer closet is relocated between the bathroom door and dining room table

4. From numerous reports here, the 1bdrm Presidential units are the ONLY Presidential units with sleeper sofa's.

Thanks so much!

Thanks!

WBC does not have any lockoff units. All units are completely self contained.

Yes, There are going to be a lot more 1bdrm deluxes than 1bdrm Presidentials at the resort.

the 2bdrm Deluxe unit is the most popular at the resort and located in every tower. There are also 1bdrm and 3bdrm deluxe units in every tower in smaller numbers. the top floor of every tower also will have your 4bdrm Presidential units.

The 1, 2, and 3 bdrm Presidential units are all located in the newest tower, Tower 6. Add to that, they are only located on floors 10 and above (As well as several more 4bdrm presidentials).

Based off this, you can see there are a lot more potential deluxe rooms than presidentials based simply on the share of the available square footage at the resorts breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter