The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
carlbarry said:
Oh, I looked it up. It's the resort on Sherberth! I always thought, for some reason, that that was a residential development. Looks real nice on tripadvisor.

Yes that is where it is located. I did a lot of research prior to staying there and I was totally surprised. We requested a building by the back gate and were to any park within minutes. Very easy to navigate back and forth from the resort to parks. It is much smaller than WBC, but we really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

Cdn Gal said:
Next time she wants to buy points, go to ebay! Do some research to help her out by starting with the tug website. (Timeshares users group) There is plenty of info on there to get started. Best of luck!

Oh I told her when she was thinking about it and she did some research and got an awesome deal on eBay. ThAnks though.

Each time we have stayed in tower 5, pool view. The 1st year the pool was pnly 50% completed, but its the perfect location.

you can park in the lot, or parking garage. Can walk either direction around the lake. has 3 pools to use right outside your window.

It's funny. Our last trip, the room wasnt ready. So the kids went swimming while we waited for the room. (tip: always have swim suits at the ready when traveling). i was sitting at the pool bar talking with a nice couple. They were so excited. they loved BC and just signed papers to become owners.

They started asking me about how long i had been an owner. you should have seen the look on their face when I explained how a lot of us rebt these units for so cheap pretty much when ever we want with propper planning.

I think they were going in to cancell their contract.

We are staying in a one bedroom in June. Are all the 1 bedrooms in one tower, and if so, which one?

How comfortable or uncomfortable are the sofa sleepers in the rooms---we are debating between a 2 and 3 bedroom---We will only be there to sleep (obviously) so the extra room a 3 bedroom provides is not necessary---it will be my 2 girls (ages 12 and 10) sleeping on the couch. I already have my quote for a 2 bedroom, waiting on my quote for a 3.....thanks for your input!

How comfortable or uncomfortable are the sofa sleepers in the rooms---we are debating between a 2 and 3 bedroom---We will only be there to sleep (obviously) so the extra room a 3 bedroom provides is not necessary---it will be my 2 girls (ages 12 and 10) sleeping on the couch. !

My 2 girls were 9 and 3 the last time we stayed at BC. They both slept on the pull out bed. The 3 year old didnt know any better, but the 9 year old said it was pretty bad.

the one time i tried to lay on it, it was your average cheap pull out mattress. At ages 12 and 11, i think they will complain.

This trip my daughters are 5 and 11. The 11 year old is bringing a freind also 11. We went ahead and got the 2 bedroom just to head off any arguments.

Also. When mom or dad get up early or stay up late, 2 sleeping kids in the family room is no fun. having them all in their own bedroom will help.

My 2 girls were 9 and 3 the last time we stayed at BC. They both slept on the pull out bed. The 3 year old didnt know any better, but the 9 year old said it was pretty bad.

the one time i tried to lay on it, it was your average cheap pull out mattress. At ages 12 and 11, i think they will complain.

This trip my daughters are 5 and 11. The 11 year old is bringing a freind also 11. We went ahead and got the 2 bedroom just to head off any arguments.

Also. When mom or dad get up early or stay up late, 2 sleeping kids in the family room is no fun. having them all in their own bedroom will help.

Ok, that's what I figured but hoping to hear something different! Thanks!

Just rec'd a quote from VS for Thanksgiving week for $1,299 for 7 nights in a 3BR Presidential. Still undecided if that's high or not....Woudl the price go down any further as we get closer to the date? I thought this is a value week, but would they replace a value week price with a holiday rate. So torned right now....We are bring the entire family along with my parents for Thanksgiving. So I figure we'll splurge and get the Presidential one as we will be spending Thanksgiving day there. This will be our kids' first trip out (well, our youngest's first trip and our other two kids' 2nd trip and my parents' first trip out there). What do you guys think? Should I just book it? Thanks.

Just rec'd a quote from VS for Thanksgiving week for $1,299 for 7 nights in a 3BR Presidential. Still undecided if that's high or not....Woudl the price go down any further as we get closer to the date? I thought this is a value week, but would they replace a value week price with a holiday rate. So torned right now....We are bring the entire family along with my parents for Thanksgiving. So I figure we'll splurge and get the Presidential one as we will be spending Thanksgiving day there. This will be our kids' first trip out (well, our youngest's first trip and our other two kids' 2nd trip and my parents' first trip out there). What do you guys think? Should I just book it? Thanks.

So 7 people in a 3 bedroom Presidential for $185 a night. How much lower would you expect? :) Sounds good.

How comfortable or uncomfortable are the sofa sleepers in the rooms---we are debating between a 2 and 3 bedroom---We will only be there to sleep (obviously) so the extra room a 3 bedroom provides is not necessary---it will be my 2 girls (ages 12 and 10) sleeping on the couch. I already have my quote for a 2 bedroom, waiting on my quote for a 3.....thanks for your input!

My dd9 thought the sleeper sofa was comfy. I laid down on it a few times and thought it was pretty comfortable too. Maybe it depends on how old the sleeper sofa in your unit is. Ours seemed fairly new (we were in tower 4). Either way you should be fine. At the end of the day my daughter was soooo tired she would have slept on the dinning room table and been good :)

disneymarathoner07 said:

I've always pulled the mattress off the frame and laid it on the floor when I've had to sleep on sofa beds. It's usually the frame that sucks. It's much more comfortable that way.

Got a quote today for $996 2 bedroom deluxe-8 nights checking in June 2. Good deal?

Got a quote today for $996 2 bedroom deluxe-8 nights checking in June 2. Good deal?

Seems correct. My quote is for $1,099 2br deluxe mid march only 7 days. March is the "high season" june would be "standard" or what ever the correct time share lingo is.

When we were there this past October they were replacing the sofas (we were in tower 4) and we had a brand new sleeper. My Dmom and DD slept on the sofa bed and said it was great!

Anyone have any recent trip reports? I got a great quote from VS for early May that I would like to act on, but there are some really bad recent reviews on tripadvisor.com.

Anyone have any recent trip reports? I got a great quote from VS for early May that I would like to act on, but there are some really bad recent reviews on tripadvisor.com.

You have to take the reviews with a cation. A resort this type, specificaly Bonnet Creek itself is a bridge between people who normally only stay in a cheaper hotel hotel and those who stay in higher end hotels.

this place bridges the gap. those who are used to "all stars" for example see Bonnet Creek as a Luxery Condo where they should be pampered. not understanding that you are required to cook and clean up afteryourself. No maid to do the bed every night.

The latter group understand the value you are getting at Bonnet creek and are fine with some of the self service options.

The time share business as a hole is pretty high pressure. some folks seem to deal with it better than others.

Look at my list of where i have stayed in disney below. We tend to be on the more upscale side with Disney Deluxes and Marriots (kings of time share vacations)

Bonnet Creek quality resort that has been well maintained. the service is good. The price is right. My only negatives have always been with the type of clients Bonnect Creek seems to draw. not being an elitetest, but some of the poeple just looking for a cheap way to house a family of 6 or 8, dont know how to act at a nice place like this.

All that being said, we are booked for a 2 bedroom this March in Bonnet Creek. It is our preffered off site place to stay.

We were just there and had an amzing trip. We stayed in a 3 bedroom presidential for 9 nights 12/28-1/6. Booked through VS with a rate of $1950. We loved WBC and will definitely return. It was a perfect fit for our family. Resort was gorgeous with so much to do for adults and children. Staff was incredibly helpful and caring. No high pressure sales pitch. And the absolute best for us was the location! VS was great to work with and we would book through them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter