The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just booked a last minute ressie for a 2 bedroom 1/20-1/25/13 for $595 all taxes and fees included. I was very pleased. Got a confirmation receipt very quickly.

I just got a quote of $1525 for 6 nights in either a 2 bedroom presidential or 3 bedroom deluxe for the first week in April 2013- so about $250 a night. This sounds quite a bit higher than what others have been talking about! Is this a good deal? I suppose it could go down 60 days out, but there's no guarantee...would love experienced thoughts on this!

I think this is correct for April. I booked with Vacation Strategy, 7 nights in April, 2 bedroom Presidential, $1500.00.

It is all based on time of the year. April is our Spring Break, so I am stuck with our dates.

I want to go back just to spend more time at the hotel. Does anyone know how much rates are for July or Aug? I am a teacher so I have the whole summer avail and would love to know the two most inexpensive weeks.

We stayed in Tower 2 in Nov and loved that it was so close to the bus stop. Def a plus for us when we are carrying sleeping kiddies.

We have a reservation at chef mickey's on day we are there. Does the WBC shuttle stop at the contemporary resport? Or will that be a day we should drive?

We have a reservation at chef mickey's on day we are there. Does the WBC shuttle stop at the contemporary resport? Or will that be a day we should drive?

No, WBC shuttles run to the 4 parks only. You would need to take a shuttle to Magic Kingdom and take the Monorail over to the Contemporary resort.

I just got a quote for $1274 for 6 nights in March for a 3 BR Deluxe...except they don't have the unit available right now.....

Is that a reasonable quote???? I'm stuck with our Spring Break week as well....Thanks.

It really doesnt matter what building you request. They rarely give request a second glance. We have never gotten anything close to our request and the check in desk has told us numerous times that they can not take requests. I have heard people that have gotten their building they hoped for but I think it was more of a fluke than actually having their request granted. But the path around the lake makes getting any place on property very fast. you wont be disappointed no matter what building you get. Its mere minutes walk to any pool and/or bus stop. You will Love it !!

Are you an owner there? Every time we have requested a room they have given it to us, even as much as a specific room number. We own there so perhaps that is why they grant our requests??

Are you an owner there? Every time we have requested a room they have given it to us, even as much as a specific room number. We own there so perhaps that is why they grant our requests??

I'm a Wyndham owner, but Bonnet Creek is not my home resort.
For my stay this past December, I requested a condo in the main building. When I arrived, I was told that wasn't available, but they had a room in Building 1 with a "beautiful view." Turned out to be a view of the parking lot.

I'm a Wyndham owner, but Bonnet Creek is not my home resort.
For my stay this past December, I requested a condo in the main building. When I arrived, I was told that wasn't available, but they had a room in Building 1 with a "beautiful view." Turned out to be a view of the parking lot.

We are owners there so perhaps that is why. :confused3. This will be our third time going this year and we have always been happy. We also call and request 1 month ahead of time too!

We just booked a week at WBC in the end of August. We booked through RCI and are really looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll have many questions in the coming months, but I'll start with one for now. Is it possible to walk to anywhere from WBC? Epcot seems to be right across the street but I know Disney property is not always convenient for walking.

We just booked a week at WBC in the end of August. We booked through RCI and are really looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll have many questions in the coming months, but I'll start with one for now. Is it possible to walk to anywhere from WBC? Epcot seems to be right across the street but I know Disney property is not always convenient for walking.

I don't think it's possible to walk anywhere....it is located on a very busy street with no sidewalks. Epcot is close, but not right across the street. We drove everywhere with ease.

I'm pretty sure we are going to stay at Bonnet Creek in December. I have just one question is the presidential suite worth the extra money? What do you prefer?

Thanks!

Has anyone ever rented from a Glen Jackson? Also we are wanting to check in on the 4th but there doesn't seem to be availability. We were given a quote of $1099 from VS for 7 nights checking in on the 5th. We used VU last year and got the within 60 day rate of 120.00. Do you think if we waited until 60 days out to book to get that rate that the 5th would no longer be available?

Drive there, that's what we do :thumbsup2

I think that is what we will do.

I also called on monday to put in my "request" and the girl I spoke to said she will note it but it really makes no difference.

Which is fine, I really don't care. I am just happy to be getting away with my family! :)

We always stay on property but are considering BonnetCreek. Please tell me about the transportation options. This is a big deal for us. My friend was there in Dec and was told they were going to start charging for the "free shuttle" in 2013. Did that happen, or ugly rumor?
Do the buses still only go to the 4 parks or is there something for DD, Seaworld, Universal? I know we can always rent a car but there are a lot of us and that's more $$$.

Teacher03 said:
I don't think it's possible to walk anywhere....it is located on a very busy street with no sidewalks. Epcot is close, but not right across the street. We drove everywhere with ease.

Thanks. I didn't think so. We stayed at CBR a few years back, and I remember there being no sidewalks. Our last few trips we stayed at BWV and BCV and I think I got spoiled being able to walk to Epcot and Disney Studios. On the the upside the rooms here look much bigger.

I'm pretty sure we are going to stay at Bonnet Creek in December. I have just one question is the presidential suite worth the extra money? What do you prefer?

Thanks!

We usually just stay in the deluxe rooms, but have stayed in a 3 bedroom presidential. We never thought using the extra points was worth it since we don't spend a lot of time in our room, or cooking either for that matter either. We stayed in the presidential last March and it was amazing I do have to say. We went with our friends and they were impressed. We are going again in another month and are just doing the deluxe. Hope you have a wonderful time!!:wave2:

I think that is what we will do.

I also called on monday to put in my "request" and the girl I spoke to said she will note it but it really makes no difference.

Which is fine, I really don't care. I am just happy to be getting away with my family! :)

There is a lot of bedate about request. I think it does matter as we received a hard to get request and modified even more at check in. I would call again three to four days out. It , to me, seems to depend on the availability of inventory at a certain point. The thread recommended doing it and I could not have been more pleased. Others at the same time slot posted negative results though???

In regards to rom requests....

We have stayed here 3 times, and will be making our 4th trip this march. in each instance, we arrive at around 11:00am. Even though check in is at 4:00.

We check in, and they bent over backwards to get us in building 3 looking at the pool, high floor.

Now, the room wasnt ready untill near 4:00pm each time. but we just all went to the pool for the day, or to wally world for food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter