The Wazowski Report ! HalloweenTime TR Day 1 DONE & Day 2 Started !! Added 12/26!

I know I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be very busy later today and won't be able to update. If you haven't seen my ticker, I have 1 day left until our trip ! Its actually LESS than a day because we leave my house at 4 am tomorrow. I can't believe its finally here. I went through some family drama AGAIN, so I'm not really in a hip hip hooray kind of mood, but I'm sure it will get there. One thing that helped A LOT was watching Bedtime Stories yesterday. It was so good and all the previews that were on for other movies looked good too. I think I'm going to be watching a lot of kids movies in the year to come :laughing: .

Wish me luck on our drive to Anaheim, I'm still scared about it but I'm sure we'll be fine!

Jasmine, I am not sure if you will check this thread again because you will be swamped later today, but have a great time! I know you will go on HMH at least a couple of times anyway, but make sure you ride it as much as you can because there is a rumor going around that HMH may not return in Fall or Winter 2009 due to the Haunted Mansion's 40th anniversary celebration this year.:scared1: Therefore, you may not get to see Jack Skellington and crew again until at least Fall 2010, if not later. I wouldn't even trust DLR to bring back IASW Holiday in Winter 2009 because they may want to just focus all of 2009 on the new additions to the IASW ride and not detract from that by adding the holiday overlay. So ride IASW Holiday as much as possible too - just in case!!!

I want you to know that I have been silently trying and trying to come up with a way to squeze in a solo trip this weekend to meet up with you and Kerri and the gang. I almost thought I could pull it off but it just won't work. I didn't buy any merchandise on my DLR trip 2 weeks ago, so I didn't spend unnecessary money, but I had to pay for my friend's ticket (after her transmission blew and she had to shell out $3000) and I had to get all of my film developed afterwards., which cost a pretty penny So I could scrape up the money to get to DLR this weekend, but I would be stuck as far as getting back from DLR. I even thought of asking my friend in Anaheim if she would take me home but if she did that, she would want to drive me home at noon on Sunday, which would be silly since I would be arriving at the park at 8:00 a.m.!!! And she wouldn't be willing to come and pick me up and bring me back to DLR really early on a morning where she is not involved in the trip!! Plus, I am still getting over this cold/flu and don't want to push it. But I am sad I won't be able to meet all you guys, AND I am sad I won't get to go on HMH and IASW again - just in case they don't return in the Fall/Winter this year!! I really wanted to get more pictures in A Bug's Land and ToonTown (of all the holiday decorations and trees) too, but it is just not in the cards.

So take lots of pictures on my behalf, and you know I am going to be checking your TR early next week for the beginning of the rundown from you!!! Have a wonderful time and a safe drive. I know the family drama kind of ruined your mood, but the magic will come back when you arrive at the DLR gates. I may not have had family drama to deal with before my recent DLR trips, but the money/job crises I have had have been crippling and I have managed to have a great time anyway. So hang in there...the magic awaits you...and so does the gigantic Christmas tree on Main Street!!:goodvibes

Have a great trip! I look forward to "seeing" you when you get back!

LIVE FROM HOJOS !!!

Hey guys ;)

So we're here, its the last day, and I just wanted to stop by and say how much fun we had this trip. I took plenty of pictures (580 so far) and still going because today is disneyL0VE's 21st birthday !! We're going to try and get as much done as we can today before we leave, but we'll see what happens. I will definitely be posting about our experiences this weekend (including meeting all you wonderful DISers !) Hope you all had a wonderful New Year and talk to you soon !

LIVE FROM HOJOS !!!

Hey guys ;)

So we're here, its the last day, and I just wanted to stop by and say how much fun we had this trip. I took plenty of pictures (580 so far) and still going because today is disneyL0VE's 21st birthday !! We're going to try and get as much done as we can today before we leave, but we'll see what happens. I will definitely be posting about our experiences this weekend (including meeting all you wonderful DISers !) Hope you all had a wonderful New Year and talk to you soon !

For some reason I didn't realize you were still at DLR today. I think I assumed it was like Saturday to Monday or so. I am glad you got a little extra time than what you had in October, if I recall! Woo hoo! 580 pictures! How many memory cards is that?!!! I can't wait to see all of them!!! Happy birthday, Kaycee!!:cool1: :cool1:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYCEE!!!!!!!!! (if she even reads this!!!)

Jasmine, I hope you guys are having a WONDERFUL time!! I can't wait for all the pictures when you guys come home! Be safe on the drive back to San Jo!!!!!

For some reason I didn't realize you were still at DLR today. I think I assumed it was like Saturday to Monday or so. I am glad you got a little extra time than what you had in October, if I recall! Woo hoo! 580 pictures! How many memory cards is that?!!! I can't wait to see all of them!!! Happy birthday, Kaycee!!:cool1: :cool1:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYCEE!!!!!!!!! (if she even reads this!!!)

Jasmine, I hope you guys are having a WONDERFUL time!! I can't wait for all the pictures when you guys come home! Be safe on the drive back to San Jo!!!!!

Thanks ladies for the birthday greeting !!
HAHA, Courtney you're so right.
Jaz told me that you both greeted me so I went on just for you ladies !
I wish we could've met you two, but there's always next time :wizard:

Hello and welcome to all who dare try to understand the randomness that is my family ! I am finally taking the time to post everything about our trip because I dropped my cousin off at the airport and now have time alone to map everything out and edit all of my photos. That took a LONG time btw because of the fact that everyone else relied on me to take all the photos for our trip (thanks guys).

SOOO, HERE WE GO !!

Saturday January 3rd : Day One

The night before was kind of hectic for me because of course I waited until later to pack everything for the trip. By the time I got in bed I could not sleep from trying to think about anything that I had forgotten to bring. By the time I looked at my clock it was 12:00 am and I had to wake up at 3:10 to get ready to go. BLEH.

I finally went to sleep. I woke up what felt like 10 minutes later (even though it was really 3 hours). Shyboy, my cousin Jesse, and I got ready and were on the road from San Jose at 4 am. I did the first shift until we hit Grapevine. I was very glad that my mother bought me a new ipod and an itrip because it came in handy ! We did not encounter as much fog as expected, which was fabulous. The ride was smooth all the way there ! We got to Howard Johnson at 9:30 am. TheAXIOM and disneyL0VE were still at their dad’s house (an hour away) and had not left yet by the time we were there, so we checked in, changed into our clothes and headed for the park.

random.jpg

It was 10:30 by the time we entered and it was kind of busy, but not so bad! We headed straight for Adventureland because that is what we usually do. Our first ride was the Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

famshot.jpg

After all of those we headed straight for Tomorrowland so we could watch the Jedi Training Academy. We love watching it and wanted Jesse to see it because he loooves Star Wars, specifically Darth Maul and we knew he would love it because of how great Darth Maul looks :)
Before watching the show, we grabbed some food at Pizza Port (which I forgot to photograph!) and took it right back over to the show because we were not in the mood for burgers. TheAXIOM and disneyL0VE made it for the show ! We managed to sit right behind the control panel where the CMs were handling all the tech. It was a perfect seat !!

After the show, we went on BLAB. Of course I kicked their butts ! I’m always getting that hidden target about 5 times. Once we were done, we headed toward Frontierland. We went into the pin store over there and bought some pins. The boys went and looked at the pin books that the CMs were trading with. After, we headed straight for HMH. How could we not ?!!??!?!? Its TheAXIOM and my FAAAVE! The line wasn’t too ridiculous; it was about 25 minute wait. After, we went to BTMR. It was fun ;)

We walked around some more, went into a bunch of stores for pins and penny crushers. After, TheAXIOM and disneyL0VE had to wait in line to get their APs !!! WOOO !! Sooo, Jesse, Shyboy72, and I walked around and looked at art and other things of the like in stores because it started raining ! Oh well, we went through it before this past January trip so it was no surprise to me. We managed to head outside just as the Christmas parade was happening and got to see the whole thing. It was very cute, but surprisingly short. About 10 minutes after the parade, we decided not to wait for them anymore and headed back to Hojos. We got to our room and I was pleasantly surprised to see how nice it is there. I have to admit that we’re going to be Hojo regulars ;)

Here's some pics of our room (we managed to get it messy that day!)

random-2.jpg

random-3.jpg

random-4.jpg

random-5.jpg

random-6.jpg

random-7.jpg

random-8.jpg

random-9.jpg

We rested for a couple of hours, and on the way out we got some McDonalds. We headed to DCA and went to ToT. We only waited for about 15 minutes! It was great.

famshot-2.jpg

famshot-3.jpg

famshot-4.jpg

On the way out, we caught the Electrical Parade, which I haven’t seen since it was on Main St. and that was when I was about 12. I was so happy to see it again. I even got a couple of shots !

JanMoneyShot-11.jpg

JanMoneyShot-13.jpg

JanMoneyShot-12.jpg

After, we went to DL so we could see the fireworks on Main Street. For some reason, they started early and we got there just in time. It was crazy packed! We got to see it all though! After the fireworks we went to the rivers of America so we could watch Fantasmic! I don’t know why everyone tries to watch the show from Pirates. Everyone ALWAYS stops there. I just looked at them like they were newbies and walked around towards HMH and got prime spots by the water in the sitting area without any problems. Shyboy72 and disneyL0VE went to go look around and get some churros while we kept spots for them. It got pretty packed, so when they came back, they had to try not to step on people to get to our spot.

JanMoneyShot-18.jpg

JanMoneyShot-19.jpg

The show was great ! We did get a little wet, but that was expected. Once it was over we ran to BTMR again ! Haha :) Then after, we went on Indie and called it a night! It was already 12 by then and we were very tired. We slowly made our way back to the hotel because our feet were killing us already. Even though we did not get on many rides on Saturday, we did get A LOT done ! On the way out, I took pictures of castle and of Snow White's well. It was so cool over there and I had never been there before !

JanMoneyShot-25.jpg

JanMoneyShot-20.jpg

Up next, day two ...

Jas..........
Great photos of Fantasmic!!!! So clear.
I also love the pics of the Electrical Parade. I was so bummed that they weren't starting it until Dec 19th so we missed it.
That area by the castle with Snow White's well is soooo charming isn't it? Did you drop any change in & get a surprise?
Wonderful first day!!!!!

1. I applaud you for having as much stamina and enthusiasm on your first day as you did - on such little sleep! Yikes! I would have collapsed at 9:00 p.m. or earlier if I had only 3 hours of sleep.

2. Great pictures, as always, but the Electrical Parade pictures are particularly special.

3. TheAXIOM is wearing the exact same Mickey shirt I am wearing in my TR (the December 2008 trip portion)!!:thumbsup2 I LOVE that shirt! That is my second favorite Mickey shirt that I have ever had. In fact, a lot of people in DL (even some Cast Members) asked me about that shirt and where I got it. I don't know if AXIOM got it at World of Disney (which is where I got mine), but I am glad I nabbed it in October because I didn't see it when I went back into WOD in December. I actually wanted to buy an extra, because when I find shirts I love, I wear them to death and I want to start getting 'back-up shirts'!! But it was gone.

Anyway, carry on...I am looking forward to the next installment!

Jas..........
Great photos of Fantasmic!!!! So clear.
I also love the pics of the Electrical Parade. I was so bummed that they weren't starting it until Dec 19th so we missed it.
That area by the castle with Snow White's well is soooo charming isn't it? Did you drop any change in & get a surprise?
Wonderful first day!!!!!

Thanks Melanie ! I really do love it over there where Snow White is; I was pleasantly surprised to check mark things that I have not seen/done yet. It was quite satisfying ;)

I did drop change in the well, but nothing happened. What usually happens ?

1. I applaud you for having as much stamina and enthusiasm on your first day as you did - on such little sleep! Yikes! I would have collapsed at 9:00 p.m. or earlier if I had only 3 hours of sleep.

2. Great pictures, as always, but the Electrical Parade pictures are particularly special.

3. TheAXIOM is wearing the exact same Mickey shirt I am wearing in my TR (the December 2008 trip portion)!!:thumbsup2 I LOVE that shirt! That is my second favorite Mickey shirt that I have ever had. In fact, a lot of people in DL (even some Cast Members) asked me about that shirt and where I got it. I don't know if AXIOM got it at World of Disney (which is where I got mine), but I am glad I nabbed it in October because I didn't see it when I went back into WOD in December. I actually wanted to buy an extra, because when I find shirts I love, I wear them to death and I want to start getting 'back-up shirts'!! But it was gone.

Anyway, carry on...I am looking forward to the next installment!

Thanks Sherry! I don't know how I do it, but it seems that every time a trip comes around, I manage to only have 3 hours of sleep for the first day. I manage to stay till close too EVERY TIME! Its crazy. Thanks for the compliments on the pictures :hug: I had fun taking them. I managed to get those electrical parade pictures in reallllly quick because we did not stay for the whole thing in fear that we would miss the fireworks and we barely made it there on time!

TheAXIOM looooves that shirt. Its his fave ;)

We noticed that on the second day we were there, there were A LOT of people wearing it that day. He was glad he wore it on the first day because he felt more original around the park! He did get it from WOD. He got it last year I think (?). I'm not sure though, we've been a couple of times together so it kind of blends in together. I saw some like the shirts at WOD this time around, except they were zoomed in on his pants and his face was not on the shirt. I personally like the other ones better.

I always try to refrain from buying shirts because I have nothing but Disney shirts and I really do need to have other ones to wear outside in the real world :laughing:

Great trip report and I really love the pictures of the electric light parade. I have that song as a ringer on my phone. I will never forget the first time my husband and I watched that parade together. It was in 1992 and we were on our honeymoon.:lovestruc

Great trip report and I really love the pictures of the electric light parade. I have that song as a ringer on my phone. I will never forget the first time my husband and I watched that parade together. It was in 1992 and we were on our honeymoon.:lovestruc

Thank you ! I loove that song. Its so magical ;)

HOw wonderful it is that you tie the parade to your honeymoon. That is so romantic !

Thank you ! I loove that song. Its so magical ;)

HOw wonderful it is that you tie the parade to your honeymoon. That is so romantic !

That was also the day we conceived our oldest daughter. The most expensive souvenir and the best I have ever gotten at Disneyland.

Sunday January 4th: Day Two
a.k.a DIS mini-meet day; a.k.a matchy matchy shirt day!

Hello Hello! Our plans for this wonderful morning was to wake up early and get there when the park opened. Did that happen? Heck NO. I woke up to my alarm, shut that bad boy off, and hit the bed again. By the time I officially woke up, it was about 8 am, and NO one was awake. So I woke people up. We all got ready and walked to DL.

famshot-6.jpg

famshot-7.jpg

famshot-8.jpg

By the time we got there it was already 10 and we were kind of hungry, so we headed over to Blue Ribbon. I decided to be a nice cousin and paid for everyone since I have more AP discount than them. I got an apple juice and a sticky bun, TheAXIOM got a white mocha and a snowman shortbread cookie, disneyL0VE got a hot chocolate and a pumpkin muffin, Shyboy72 got a regular mocha and a butter croissant, and Jesse got an orange juice (we shared the sticky bun). Everything was delicious!

random-12.jpg

random-14.jpg

random-13.jpg

random-15.jpg

After that we headed for the castle and took pictures along the way. Since we knew we weren’t going to get on anything in time and also meet the DISers at 11:30, we tried to go through the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough.

The line was RIDICULOUS. Seriously? Why is everyone here at DL ? It was crazy. Sooo we bypassed it and went on Snow White’s Scary Adventures. I ALWAYS have to go on that ride just because its oooober creepy and the ending is so abrupt, it cracks me up EVERY time.

(she is such a shorty!!!:laughing: )
famshot-9.jpg

Next, we went on Pinocchio. Of course though, we took some pictures in that teacup and Mr. Toad's car (even though we did not get to go on those rides). Then we headed for Pizza Port.

famshot-11.jpg

famshot-10.jpg

famshot-12.jpg

famshot-13.jpg

famshot-15.jpg

famshot-14.jpg

famshot-17.jpg

famshot-18.jpg

to be continued...

I love your pictures of everyone. You guys seem to have a great time together and that is nice.

Continued...

When we got there, we saw toocherie and MaryJo ! I was nervous and excited at the same time. Shyboy72 and Jesse were both wandering around at star traders while we were finding all the DISers. In the end, we had quite a few people there.

famshot-19.jpg

famshot-20.jpg

famshot-21.jpg

famshot-23.jpg

There was WendyPooh22, YellowMickeyPonchos, Zoemakes5, and of course Pixiewings71 ;) It was so fantastic hanging out with everyone, but we felt bad for the guys (specifically Jesse), so I told them to go off and have fun while us girls hung out. Nancy made it and she told us all about her Guy Fieri encounter and even let us enjoy some of the candy cane he made! It was so good. Being the sweetheart she is, she brought handmade soaps and facial cream for Kaycee and I. It was sooo nice ;)

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

After, we parted with everyone but first made an arrangement to watch the Aladdin musical with Kerri and Micah ! Oh and we could not stop talking about how cool you two are. I’m so glad we got to hang out with you guys!

SOOO after the meet, we went on Star Tours real quick because Jesse could not remember the last time he was on it. Then we went to the train station to head to the front. We got off and noticed this crazy lady with white 4 inch heel boots and thought she was absolutely crazzzy for wearing those at DL. What was she thinking ?

Anyway, we went to DCA walked to the Animation building and had a blast in there. We watched the zoetrope (of course, because its suuuper awesome), went in the sorcerer’s workshop and had a blast in there ! We all were in the beasts library. They said I was the Queen of Hearts, Shyboy72 was Sher Khan, Jesse was Jiminy Cricket, TheAXIOM was Woody, and Kaycee was Lady Tremaine ! Haha ☺ SOO fun. We also went into Ursula’s Grotto and had her put our voice into scenes. SO fun !

After, we went to learn how to draw Jack Skellington! How cool is that? !?! It was a lot of fun. As we exited, we had just enough time to make it in line to take pictures with the Incredibles and Frozone.

famshot-29.jpg

famshot-30.jpg

famshot-31.jpg

The CM who helped us, Beatrice, was so cool. She took our pictures for us and joked around with us about quotes from the movie (we love the movie). After, we got in line for the musical. Kerri and Micah were allll the way in the front of the line and they were nice enough to wait for us when they started letting people into the theatre. We got good seats up top and watched the show. It was fantastic! I love the guy who plays Jafar. He is too cool for school ;) We all had a blast watching the show and TheAXIOM and disneyL0VE loved that the genie did the Single Ladies dance that Beyonce did in her music video; he is too funny!

After that, we all went to the bathroom real quick and went on Monsters. I TOTALLY smelled the ginger! It was so awesome. When we were in line a boy kept looking at me as I was eating chex mix, so I gave him some and he was soo happy. His parents thanked us and I though it was too cute.

After, we headed straight for TSMM! We didn’t have to wait TOO long, it was about 40 minutes. Jesse LOOOVED it (I knew he would).

famshot-33.jpg

(he's wearing Jessie's hat because his name is Jesse, get it ? ;))
famshot-34.jpg

It was a lot of fun and even though I watched that youtube video on all the cheats, I sucked REALLLLY baad. BLEH! What can you do? Once we got off of that ride, we went on Screamin, which is always a blast!

famshot-35.jpg

famshot-36.jpg

The line was only 15 minutes. It was swweeeeet. Then, we decided to go eat at Denny’s.

The food was good and the server was great. This rude guy was complaining about a noise Shyboy72 was making with his lanyard and complained to his waitress instead of directly asking Shyboy to stop. What a chicken! The place was also packed with people talking loud and everything and that man was being such a butt. It was irritating.

Once we were done, we headed back to DL to get on rides while the fireworks and Fantasmic was going on. We did not expect it to be as bad as it was. It look like cattle were herded on main street. It was ridiculous. We had to go all the way around towards the castle and back around again, but we made it to Frontierland. We walked to HMH and rode it again because they were going to take down everything. The wait was kind of long, but understandable since it was the last day. We waited for about 45 minutes to get on the ride. We were consistently checking our watched because we were cutting it close to make it over to IASW. I was worried we weren’t going to make it. Oh, and I did NOT see the monkey bride at all. TheAXIOM and disneyL0VE did, and I was sad to not see it, but we did smell that wonderful gingerbread smell. MMM.

After, we walked fast to IASW. The line was not as ridiculous as it was in the day (the line went up that staging area by the smoking area earlier that day). We got in line and were not in the wrap around in the line yet and it was already 10:52 pm (the park closed at 11). Oh no, are we going to make it? We finally make it up to a point where there is a CM by the line and she says we’re going to be fine. Phew. Thank god!

JanMoneyShot-30.jpg

We all got on the ride and I enjoyed the new boats sooo much. The seats were sooo comfortable; especially since we had been walking all day. The smell of peppermint was fantastic and I got some good shots in there!

famshot-37.jpg

famshot-38.jpg

JanMoneyShot-33.jpg

After we walked outside and slowly made our way back to the hotel. We were beat! (Of course I took more pictures on the way out though ;))

JanMoneyShot-36.jpg

I love your pictures of everyone. You guys seem to have a great time together and that is nice.

Thank you :)

We do have a lot of fun together! We're always crackin jokes and making fun of each other. We all grew up together like we were siblings, so it kind of just feels that way when we're around eachother:grouphug:

Great shot of the IASW Holiday exterior - and there have been a lot of them posted on DIS by people, but every now and then someone takes a picture from a certain angle or where the light is just a little bit different - not to mention that some shots are more clear because the camera used is better;) - and so it makes it look fresh and interesting! Also, love, love, LOVE the nighttime Teacups shot, and you and I are thinking alike, Jasmine! When I was wandering around DL during my few golden hours alone on a Sunday night, I passed the Teacups and looked at how pretty the lanterns were and was thinking, 'If someone had a really good camera this could be a fantastic, beautiful shot!' I vote for that Teacups picture to be added to the Disneyland Picture of the Day thread!

Oh, and about the Mickey/Disney t-shirts... I used to buy quite a few Mickey t-shirts in the '90s, and I took care of them so they lasted a loooooonnnng time, until they just fell apart in tatters this decade! But I stopped buying Disney shirts after the '90s, and when I wanted to get a few new black Mickey t-shirts in 2007, I couldn't find any. I like the plain black ones with a graphic on the front. I don't like white shirts as a rule. I am partial to the basic black Mickey tee, and there seemed to be none around. They had shirts in all different colors but not black!:confused3 So, finally, in 2008 I began to see some black or dark, dark blue shirts pop up here and there, and then I found the great one that AXIOM and I both have in October 2008. So I haven't been buying them like crazy, but at least I know they are making a return! And I WILL wear mine in the real world!

I have seen some of the 'headless Mickey' shirts (not in that specific splattered paint design, but other designs), and I think the concept is interesting - it is a new spin on an old theme - but I haven't gotten one yet. I would just feel so bad wearing around a Mickey shirt where his cute little head was decapitated! I might, though. I have a bit of a bizarre sense of humor so I am not above it if I have to wear one!!!:rotfl:

OMG. You girls are so Asian! I LOVE IT! :hippie: :thumbsup2 ;) :hug:

I LOVE the picture of ShyBoy looking at the White Rabbit statue! He's like "WTH DO YOU WANT?!!!!" :confused3 :rotfl:

Jesse with his Jesse hate. Lol. Too flippin' funny. I always wanted that Jesse hat too, it's cute! :laughing:

OMG. The Dis'er ladies are so HAWT!!! Woo! Man, I wish I went! :(

Great TR! More MORE!!!!!!!! :yay: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter