• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wazowski Report ! HalloweenTime TR Day 1 DONE & Day 2 Started !! Added 12/26!

There really is !!!

I've been doing a lot of Christmas stuff for the past couple of days since its all starting tomorrow. After that, I'm going to be completely devoted getting my to do lists done for the big trip !

My tomorrow is going to be devoted to baking. I am making all sort of goodies for friends and family that visit the house. And for us of course!:goodvibes

My tomorrow is going to be devoted to baking. I am making all sort of goodies for friends and family that visit the house. And for us of course!:goodvibes

That is awesome :)

I believe that we're officially done, which is awesome because I am baked out !

I hope that you have an awesome day tomorrow though enjoy all the amazing smells of Christmas tomorrow ;)

Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas Everyone !!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe day :)

Its T minus 9 days people ! Single digits ! WOOOOO ;)

Yea single digits! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
smileybluebanana.gif

Yea single digits! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
smileybluebanana.gif

YES !!!!

I'm actually not too excited :confused3

I think its because I've had all this family around for the holidays and I can't wait for them to be over so I won't have to see them for a while. Who knows !

Right now I have things I need to be on top of to make sure I get done. So far here is my list :

1. Clean out my car/trunk & get it cleaned.

2. Get my oil changed on my car.

3. Make new LGMH badges

4. Charge up all my electronics

5. Make playlists for the car ride

6. Hook up the adapter for my ipod to my car

7. Do laundry

8. Pack

9. Buy food for the trip

I have to get all these done while my week is full of family engagements, work, and appointments I have made. Wish me good luck!

I hope you get more in the spirit, Jasmine! I get like that sometimes too until I get there and then I get excited once I've arrived.

You're going to have an awesome time!!

It never fails that I am overwhelmed before our trips. I look at my list of things to do and I just want to cry. It's not until I get on the road and start going that I really get into the real spirit of going. Once we are around Stockton I start feeling the excitement and I can hardly wait to get there. It's almost like I think something will stop us from going until we get on the road.

I hope you get more in the spirit, Jasmine! I get like that sometimes too until I get there and then I get excited once I've arrived.

You're going to have an awesome time!!

I'm sure I will ;) I figure it would be a good idea to get all the things I need to get out of the way in the house and watch Disney movies to get me in the mood. It NEVER fails to work !!!

It never fails that I am overwhelmed before our trips. I look at my list of things to do and I just want to cry. It's not until I get on the road and start going that I really get into the real spirit of going. Once we are around Stockton I start feeling the excitement and I can hardly wait to get there. It's almost like I think something will stop us from going until we get on the road.

I know !!! I'm sure though that I'll get through it. It'll just take some Disney music and movies while I'm checking off things ! Oh and driving there of course ;)

I have had that 'not that excited' thing before trips too...where I have just planned and overwhelmed myself to the point of not caring. I start thinking about how much money the whole thing is going to cost and how I shouldn't be spending it, and how I took so much time to plan everything to make it a great time for everyone and it is not being fully appreciated or recognized (which I wrote about in my TR today)...and then I start thinking about how it will be tough to accomplish so many things in such a short time, and how I am going to coordinate the PS plans with this and that and the other...and lists upon lists upon lists... and it just gets to be too much, to the point where my mind just turns to mush and I become apathetic about going to DLR for a day or two. Sometimes I need to look at old pictures of DLR trips or see a DLR commercial on TV or log on to DISBoards and read about someone else's trip to get myself back into excitement mode, but it always happens! And even if I am totally out of the mood all the way up until I get to DLR - because maybe I am peeved about somethng and preoccupied - as soon as I walk through the gates and step onto Main Street, especially if there is a humongous Christmas tree to greet me, then I am instantly in the spirit.:goodvibes During the holidays - unless it is raining or extremely hot - it doesn't take long for me to catch the spirit because the songs and aromas are in the air, the decorations are bright and colorful, the details are everywhere, the atmosphere is just, for lack of a better word, merry!

In fact, even though this trip is supposed to be a mission to restore your cousin's lost Disney spirit, I sense that everybody will have a great time!! And your fantastic photos will show what a great time you had/have!

Just remember - I didn't find the December crowds to be particularly worse than the October crowds this year...though the October crowds were probably worse than they had been in the past!! I think, if anything, you should probably benefit from a lot of people going home to prepare for work and school by the time you get to DLR. Sure, some folks may still be off of school and work, but a lot of them will have left. Just mentally prepare yourself to deal with hideous crowds and it can only be a pleasant relief and surprise from there!!:goodvibes

Thanks Laneychris !!

I have had that 'not that excited' thing before trips too...where I have just planned and overwhelmed myself to the point of not caring. I start thinking about how much money the whole thing is going to cost and how I shouldn't be spending it, and how I took so much time to plan everything to make it a great time for everyone and it is not being fully appreciated or recognized (which I wrote about in my TR today)...and then I start thinking about how it will be tough to accomplish so many things in such a short time, and how I am going to coordinate the PS plans with this and that and the other...and lists upon lists upon lists... and it just gets to be too much, to the point where my mind just turns to mush and I become apathetic about going to DLR for a day or two. Sometimes I need to look at old pictures of DLR trips or see a DLR commercial on TV or log on to DISBoards and read about someone else's trip to get myself back into excitement mode, but it always happens! And even if I am totally out of the mood all the way up until I get to DLR - because maybe I am peeved about somethng and preoccupied - as soon as I walk through the gates and step onto Main Street, especially if there is a humongous Christmas tree to greet me, then I am instantly in the spirit.:goodvibes During the holidays - unless it is raining or extremely hot - it doesn't take long for me to catch the spirit because the songs and aromas are in the air, the decorations are bright and colorful, the details are everywhere, the atmosphere is just, for lack of a better word, merry!

In fact, even though this trip is supposed to be a mission to restore your cousin's lost Disney spirit, I sense that everybody will have a great time!! And your fantastic photos will show what a great time you had/have!

Just remember - I didn't find the December crowds to be particularly worse than the October crowds this year...though the October crowds were probably worse than they had been in the past!! I think, if anything, you should probably benefit from a lot of people going home to prepare for work and school by the time you get to DLR. Sure, some folks may still be off of school and work, but a lot of them will have left. Just mentally prepare yourself to deal with hideous crowds and it can only be a pleasant relief and surprise from there!!:goodvibes

I know exactly what you mean Sherry. I'm definitely going to expect HUGE ridiculous crowds just so that I won't be upset about the crowds. Though I do have to admit I do like it when it is kind of crowd there to see all those happy faces all around :)

I'm a little bit excited right now because I just made a fresh batch of LGMH badges for all of us going with our names on 'em. The last time I made them, the pin backing was crappy. This time I hot glue gunned everything and made them a lot stronger so that they won't fall off during the rides !

I just took this picture right now and I got gorilla glue on my fingers so now they're sandy feeling !

Photo199.jpg

So that is one thing off of my list !

Ooooh, that LGMH came out really well, even though now you have glue on your hands! So yes, that is one thing to cross off the list. I find that I start with a small thing, trying to get myself motivated, and then once I get a small thing checked off it is easier to tackle the next things on the list as I get into a groove. Unfortunately, in my case, I am usually checking everything off the To Do lists on the day I am supposed to be going to DLR, but oh well, better late than never!:lmao:

Jasmine, I forgot to ask you - assuming you saw the pictures of the Dept. 56 Halloween display in my TR, was that the same display that was in Michael's? I remember you were asking me a while back if they were the same little village pieces as the ones in Michael's but I never saw what was in Michael's!

I think it is a mistake for Dept. 56 to be leaving DTD. That store really kind of meshed well with the whole 'Disney magic' vibe. I think that DLR fans really appreciated it being there, especially during the holidays. But it was a good place to go any time of the year to get a little dose of the holidays or see cute little fairy tale cottages and things like that!

Awww, thanks Mel !!!

Jasmine, I forgot to ask you - assuming you saw the pictures of the Dept. 56 Halloween display in my TR, was that the same display that was in Michael's? I remember you were asking me a while back if they were the same little village pieces as the ones in Michael's but I never saw what was in Michael's!

I think it is a mistake for Dept. 56 to be leaving DTD. That store really kind of meshed well with the whole 'Disney magic' vibe. I think that DLR fans really appreciated it being there, especially during the holidays. But it was a good place to go any time of the year to get a little dose of the holidays or see cute little fairy tale cottages and things like that!

Yes !!! It is VERY similar to the Michael's displays. Of course the one's there are MUCH more decorated in the settings though ;) It was soo cute to see. I love those towns, they're so fantastic. It really is a shame that its gone. What can you do though right ?

Your pictures just look like it would be such a Blast to go with you to the park! I love how there is this kewl bond with everyone in the pictures!:goodvibes

Kewl shirt!! I've seen some of the disney couture and said... yeahhhhhhhhhhh right... i don't think so for 115 dollars:rotfl: ... i Love that You made your own! I'll have to show you some of the reconstructed hoodies i've made.. i did a cute alice in wonderland one. Plus they are good for the enviroment as they are a green project of recycled Disney t shirts.:thumbsup2

I hope i run into you and your crew at the park, sometime so i can give you a big hug!:upsidedow

Your pictures just look like it would be such a Blast to go with you to the park! I love how there is this kewl bond with everyone in the pictures!:goodvibes

Kewl shirt!! I've seen some of the disney couture and said... yeahhhhhhhhhhh right... i don't think so for 115 dollars:rotfl: ... i Love that You made your own! I'll have to show you some of the reconstructed hoodies i've made.. i did a cute alice in wonderland one. Plus they are good for the enviroment as they are a green project of recycled Disney t shirts.:thumbsup2

I hope i run into you and your crew at the park, sometime so i can give you a big hug!:upsidedow

Thanks fairykin !! We always hang out with each other all the time so it helps that we're pretty close ;)! Its funny though because on our most recent trip (the one on the first page), I am close with them separately, not all together. So it was kind of a convergence of all the people I love to be around from all different parts of my huge family. By bringing them together I knew they'd all hit it off, and they did ! It was fantastic :goodvibes

There's NOOO way I'd pay that much money on one sweater ! Thats ridiculous. You reconstructed hoodies ? !?! OOOOH ! I'm jealous. I sew, but I'm completely afraid to touch clothes. I don't know why !

Yesterday I put all my badges away in a ziploc bag and put them away. I took them out later that night to show 'em off to my cousin-in-law and the chemicals from the gorilla glue I used made the laminate frosted. Now they look like they're frozen :sad1:

UGH. I think I'm going to go back to Home Depot to get more LGMHs to start over again. I'm not sure though. I did all of my laundry and am in the process of dyeing my hair! I'm so stoked. I also cleaned out my car too. I'm really getting things together ;)

The next thing I have to do is format my memory card on my camera and buy food stuff for the trip ! Wish me good luck :)

OH & Happy New Year EVERYONE !

I know I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be very busy later today and won't be able to update. If you haven't seen my ticker, I have 1 day left until our trip ! Its actually LESS than a day because we leave my house at 4 am tomorrow. I can't believe its finally here. I went through some family drama AGAIN, so I'm not really in a hip hip hooray kind of mood, but I'm sure it will get there. One thing that helped A LOT was watching Bedtime Stories yesterday. It was so good and all the previews that were on for other movies looked good too. I think I'm going to be watching a lot of kids movies in the year to come :laughing: .

Wish me luck on our drive to Anaheim, I'm still scared about it but I'm sure we'll be fine!

Hope you & your family have an awesome time Jasmine!!!!!!!!
I am so jealous that you get to go back. I was just telling my DH last night that we need to go back because we didn't get to see everything in our December trip that I had planned. Where does the time go?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter