The walking dead amc #2

My other issue with this episode. They clearly knew this tower was going to come down (that's why they were reinforcing the wall right there yes?), why not take a ladder/platform/something and put in an effort to push the tower the other direction? Seems like a much better idea then trying to reinforce the wall to withstand that kind of force. This seems like the prison fences all over again...jeez...these fences will probably be good. Let's put 0 effort into reinforcing them...what could go wrong with that? We'll just have someone standing there stabbing walkers through the fence. It's a good long term plan.

I have to ask since you reminded me WHY AREN'T THEY DOING THIS?!!!! The zombie insulation that is. They've done it in the past and it obviously worked so why on earth don't they use this method regularly and especially with the large herds?
I imagine it would be pretty nasty. Or how about wear more protective clothing/armor. Remember when Glenn suited up in the swat gear to escape the prison, he walked through the walkers pretty easily. I am surprised you don't see more padding at the least.

I don't think they could do the walker blood disguise and be able to get out of the gate. The other times they did it, they had a way to sneakily merge into the herd. With all of them reaching into the gate, I don't think that would be feasible.

I also wondered why they don't use the "hiding in plain sight" tactic. It IS very gross to cover yourself with walker guts like Glenn and Rick did way back when, but Michonne moved pretty easily around with her two "pets." Just cut out the jaw so they can't bite you, cut off the arms, grab yourself a leash and voila, protection.

Plus, the blood and guts tactic didn't last very long. It seemed to wear off quick once everything dried, or it rained.

I love the comments about Glenn's escape being unbelievable in a show about Zombies.

;) :rotfl2:

It WILL happen. We will all be very prepared and learn from the mistakes our dear group is making once the apocalypse happens. Our armchair quarterbacking WILL pay off.

My other issue with this episode. They clearly knew this tower was going to come down (that's why they were reinforcing the wall right there yes?), why not take a ladder/platform/something and put in an effort to push the tower the other direction? Seems like a much better idea then trying to reinforce the wall to withstand that kind of force. This seems like the prison fences all over again...jeez...these fences will probably be good. Let's put 0 effort into reinforcing them...what could go wrong with that? We'll just have someone standing there stabbing walkers through the fence. It's a good long term plan.

I thought they were reinforcing the wall just because of the amount of walkers outside that were pushing on it. I don't think they knew the tower was coming down, because it wasn't in that state until the semi plowed into it. The semi hit it, then the Wolves invaded, and then the herd came all within like a day or so. I'm guessing they weren't outside the walls or near it to even see that it was cracking.

I thought they were reinforcing the wall just because of the amount of walkers outside that were pushing on it. I don't think they knew the tower was coming down, because it wasn't in that state until the semi plowed into it. The semi hit it, then the Wolves invaded, and then the herd came all within like a day or so. I'm guessing they weren't outside the walls or near it to even see that it was cracking.

Hmmm I think I'll need to go re-watch it. I thought they were reinforcing the wall b\c of the tower, but if what you are saying is true, it seems a lot less dumb on their behalf. I'm conditioned to assume everything they do is the worst possible choice as they've been doing that for a few seasons now (e.g. prison fence, Hershal's farm).

I also thought they were reinforcing the wall due to the walkers pushing against it. I think the tower toppling over was a surprise.

That's what I was thinking too, but pieces of the tower kept falling off. You would think that would prompt them to check it out for stability. Even my husband commented about that.

That's what I was thinking too, but pieces of the tower kept falling off. You would think that would prompt them to check it out for stability. Even my husband commented about that.

This and the very large crack down the side of it (perhaps they could not see that though, can't remember what it looked like from their vantage point) were the reason I thought they were reinforcing due to the tower.

This made me LOL!!! :rotfl2: Its from Funny or Die........12 most ridiculous things from last night's walking dead.

6) Ricks Hammer Time
“GANG! LISTEN UP! RICKY GRIMES IN THE BUILDING! SAFETY MEETING. *WHISTLE NOISE* WE NEED TO KEEP REAL QUIET! *CLAP CLAP* OTHERWISE, IT MIGHT ATTRACT MORE WALKERS! BUT JUST IN CASE MORE WALKERS SHOW UP, I’M GOING TO REINFORCE THE WALLS BY HAMMERING WOOD ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY. *AIR HORN* MEETING ADJOURNED!”

That’s not a good plan. Also, does hammering wood against a wall make it stronger? I don’t know. Maybe? I never attended wood college, but probably not. At least Rick made a friend.

I think my two favorite scenes last night was when Gabriel was putting up the notices and Rick walks by and rips it down. That struck me funny for some reason. Also loved when Tara gave him the finger. I thought that was such a natural reaction. :rotfl:

I think my two favorite scenes last night was when Gabriel was putting up the notices and Rick walks by and rips it down. That struck me funny for some reason. Also loved when Tara gave him the finger. I thought that was such a natural reaction. :rotfl:

The finger was the best! I hate to admit it, but I probably would have done the same thing ;)

Yes! I forgot about the Gabriel thing. LOL. Nothing ever came to fruition with that. He's been pretty useless this season!

Did anyone happen to catch the "special message from Steven Yeun" that they snuck into the middle of Into the Badlands (HATE when they do that, it feels so deceptive. Makes me not want to check out their new series' just out of spite). I don't watch TWD live so I didn't see it.

I love the comments about Glenn's escape being unbelievable in a show about Zombies.

;) :rotfl2:

Laugh all you want, I still think the show's integrity was damaged by these shenanigans. When we watch a show like this, we all engage in a major suspension of disbelief. We accept the walkers or zombies as a part of this world. What we don't have to accept, is a stunt that put a character in undeniable mortal danger who then escapes without any injury by a movement that would be impossible. There is no way Glenn could slither under that dumpster without further exposing his limbs to the horde, even if we accept that he was not bitten at first despite the fact that his legs and upper body were right where any of the walkers could have reached.

When you then add in the fact that they removed his name from the credits, made a cryptic and convoluted statement on TTD, and then waited three weeks to resolve the matter, the whole thing becomes a trick for media buzz and ratings, and a slap in the face to real fans. I feel they exploited their audience.

Laugh all you want, I still think the show's integrity was damaged by these shenanigans. When we watch a show like this, we all engage in a major suspension of disbelief. We accept the walkers or zombies as a part of this world. What we don't have to accept, is a stunt that put a character in undeniable mortal danger who then escapes without any injury by a movement that would be impossible. There is no way Glenn could slither under that dumpster without further exposing his limbs to the horde, even if we accept that he was not bitten at first despite the fact that his legs and upper body were right where any of the walkers could have reached.

When you then add in the fact that they removed his name from the credits, made a cryptic and convoluted statement on TTD, and then waited three weeks to resolve the matter, the whole thing becomes a trick for media buzz and ratings, and a slap in the face to real fans. I feel they exploited their audience.

I think you are taking my comment at little too seriously.

But if you want to run with your statement that when watching a show such as this we all engage in a major suspension of disbelief, anything is possible.

This is what annoyed me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter