The walking dead amc #2

I didn't supposedly claim that, I was just stating what a couple of posters on another forum I frequent had reported. There were maybe 2-3 people who said their closed captioning said "Glenn: Help". Again, I don't know if it's true or not but it was interesting no less.

Oh I know it wasn't you who was claiming to have seen the captioning, nkereina. I apologize if I made it sound that way.

Finally caught up on the episode and on this thread! Love "watching" with you guys.

Yes, and the criteria for someone being sponge worthy would be have to be raised.

OMG, so funny!!! Soda out the nose funny!! Those of you under 30 - google it, lol.

This was another eye roll worthy scene. Darryl just walks up to the hidden 'Patty' and clears off the brush and, voila, there she is.

I think the premise of him finding the truck was that he had earlier just happened to collapse right next to the person in the helmet who must have been trying to get to it when he/she was killed. I guess what I don't understand is if everyone/everything was incinerated why was the truck not burned up?

This is what I keep saying. There are so many "main" characters that we all love (rick, carol, daryl, michonne, glenn, maggie, tara, abraham, eugene, carl, morgan, sasha) and each week they seem to only focus on one, two or three of them so it seems weeks go by before we see that character again.

While I am po'd at having to wait on what happens with Glen, I'm ok with them not trying to follow everyone's story every episode. I'd rather wait a few weeks for a real Darryl or Abraham epi than have them each get 1 or 2 throw away lines (or grunts) every week. Same goes for Michon, Maggie, Carol etc. At first I was wary of them turning into Lost with all the flashing back and forth in time but now that I see where they're going, I understand the need to show each characters story during the same timeline since the entire season takes place over a single 24 hours...

Maybe Carol allowed Jesse to cut her hair...the others should allow her to cut theirs too :)

I thought the sign Daryl found was something the truck had plowed down on its way in, hence his knowing where to look based on finding it laying there. If it was a signpost or mounted on a fence it would logically follow that the truck would be ahead in the direction it had been moving when it knocked the sign down.

As far as the hair, I've taken that as a sort of indication of priorities. They obviously have scissors. Carol and a few of the others take the time to maintain a certain look, and for Carol that was part of the Suzy Homemaker camouflage, IMO. Daryl and Rick have bigger things on their minds and don't bother with much grooming at all. And most fall somewhere in between.

I thought the sign Daryl found was something the truck had plowed down on its way in, hence his knowing where to look based on finding it laying there. If it was a signpost or mounted on a fence it would logically follow that the truck would be ahead in the direction it had been moving when it knocked the sign down.

As far as the hair, I've taken that as a sort of indication of priorities. They obviously have scissors. Carol and a few of the others take the time to maintain a certain look, and for Carol that was part of the Suzy Homemaker camouflage, IMO. Daryl and Rick have bigger things on their minds and don't bother with much grooming at all. And most fall somewhere in between.

I seem to remember in the first season Lori giving Carl a haircut, or mentioning he was next or something, so I guess it's something they still do. I know my bangs would annoy me. :rotfl:

I enjoy reading this thread almost as much as the show. You all have such great insight and theories. And everyone is so polite and civil.

I think the blond guy and girl will ultimately end up living in Alexandria. Somehow Daryl will forgive them after they redeem themselves. The Blond Guy said the key thing to Daryl, that he hasn't killed anyone because " once you do that, you can't ever come back". That has been a theme, hasn't it? Whether one can or cannot come back from the things they have done?

Finally caught up on the episode and on this thread! Love "watching" with you guys.

I think the premise of him finding the truck was that he had earlier just happened to collapse right next to the person in the helmet who must have been trying to get to it when he/she was killed. I guess what I don't understand is if everyone/everything was incinerated why was the truck not burned up?

I think I can answer that one.
The couple who stole Darryl's bike mentioned that they burned the woods early on (so nearly two years ago now) when they still thought everyone was fighting this thing. The biker Z died at that time, so was never on the hunt for the truck.

In the year or more since, during their wanderings, they came across the fenced in area and found Patty (which was in an unburned section of the woods - everything was still green in that scene).

They left her there at that time, but now wanted to use her as part of their escape plan.

So sometime after they last saw the truck, and long after the woods burned, another person/group found the truck and drove it around/through the burnt out woods to where Darryl then found it.

Is no one wondering where the walker herd is at this point? Not all of them would have dissipated or turned around. Depending on the direction they went, the couple who stole Daryl's motorcycle might be headed for it as would Darryl/Sasha/Abraham heading back to Alexandria? I also wouldn't be surprised if the voice on the walkie-talkie was someone phishing from a rival group.

Is no one wondering where the walker herd is at this point? Not all of them would have dissipated or turned around. Depending on the direction they went, the couple who stole Daryl's motorcycle might be headed for it as would Darryl/Sasha/Abraham heading back to Alexandria? I also wouldn't be surprised if the voice on the walkie-talkie was someone phishing from a rival group.

The point of Sasha, Abraham, and Daryl leading the heard 20-something miles away was based on the road and terrain on the side of the road. I believe Rick said in the season premiere when he was trying to pitch his plan to get the walkers out of the quarry to the Alexandrian's was that the ditches on the both sides of the road 20 miles out would keep the herd on the road and that their own zombie noises would make the herd follow each other.

Well, as glad as I am about the outcome, I think it was a cheat and it cheapened the show. I was not surprised at all. I felt that this was the way it would turn out from the beginning.

I thought it looked pretty reasonable how they showed him get away with the sliding under the dumpster. My only problem is the angle they landed. They were head to head and feet to feet, and they fell straight out with heads away from the dumpster. At least it looked that way. Maybe I'll go back and rewatch the fall. Not sure if they showed it last night because we missed the first few seconds!

Last edited:
Good episode. I'm excited for next week. I assume that Darryl, Sasha and Abraham will show up to help save the day with Glenn and Enid.
It looked like Maggie went up a ladder to the wall. Hmmm. Good call or bad??
And Judith is with Sam and his mom! Who just locked up her guns. Oy.
And while I'm sure Ron was planning NO good with his gun training and bullet stealing, I think it's going to end up being a good thing. He may just have a chance to save a life, AND maybe, just maybe, he'll realize that Carl and Rick are not bad/wrong, and let go of his grudge. (You can hope...)
Honestly, the part I'm most interested to see right now is the confrontation between Carol and Morgan over the Wolf. They aren't going to have any real time to discuss the issue with the horde breaking into Alexandria. Will they just lock him back up and start fighting? What about the Doc? She can't fight and you can't leave her with the wolf! Or at least they shouldn't. Yikes!!
All in all, it's shaping up to be an interesting week.

On a side note, boy is it getting hard to hide that "baby bump" on Tara. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter