• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Timeshare Store timeline

Sent to Disney on 4/1, on 4/30 passed ROFR, received closing documents today. This seems to be taking forever but things are coming along just like they said they would. I guess just like everyone you hope it will be faster.
Closed 4/28, Deed recorded today
Now counting the days until we are in the system at Disney.

Closed 4/28, Deed recorded today
Now counting the days until we are in the system at Disney.

If it helps, my deed was recorded on 5/19. Started calling on 5/27, got the member number and points on 5/29. I'd give it 6 business days then call in the afternoons to see if it's set up.

If it helps, my deed was recorded on 5/19. Started calling on 5/27, got the member number and points on 5/29. I'd give it 6 business days then call in the afternoons to see if it's set up.
That would be great if it was that quick. Can't wait to see if I'll be back to find availability in October or November.

I wonder how long the process is for selling a dvc?
For contracts with banked points they do not last but a few days. Everything I have been interested in recently has been under contract within a few days. Not sure about stripped contracts.

I found the Boards so helpful while waiting through the re-sale process. My timeline is below. Hopefully someone else will also find this useful!

Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 3/26
Passed ROFR: 4/25
Closing docs received: 5/13
Closed: 5/19
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 5/20
Membership # from Disney recevived in mail: 6/2 (letter dated 5/27)

Offer made & accepted: 4/8
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 4/8
Passed ROFR: 5/9
Closing docs: 5/22
Closed: 5/28
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 6/3
Membership transfer from Disney: 6/9

63 days from offer to points being loaded.

Offer made & accepted: 3/24
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 4/1
Passed ROFR: 4/30
Closing docs: 5/21
Closed: 6/9
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 6/10
Membership transfer from Disney: ??

I had really slow sellers that also didn't read the closing instructions so docs had to go back and forth. I'll start calling DVC in a few days.

Sent to Disney on 4/1, on 4/30 passed ROFR, received closing documents today. This seems to be taking forever but things are coming along just like they said they would. I guess just like everyone you hope it will be faster.

Closed 5/28
Deed Recorded 5/30
Got member number and points 6/12
Booked 1st trip 6/12

Closed 5/28
Deed Recorded 5/30
Got member number and points 6/12
Booked 1st trip 6/12

Did you get your member number by mail or calling? If calling how many days after the deed was recorded did you start calling?

Did you get your member number by mail or calling? If calling how many days after the deed was recorded did you start calling?
Started calling 9 days after closing.
On the 15th day got member number and access by phone
Just so you know that a day later i received a letter in the mail with member number

Called and received my member number today exactly 90 days from initial offer. The points haven't loaded yet though any idea how long that typically takes?

Called and received my member number today exactly 90 days from initial offer. The points haven't loaded yet though any idea how long that typically takes?

I got mine about 3 days after I received my member number. I don't know if that is typical however!!

No points around 12 today full points at 6:30..go figure..the cm told me it could take 2 weeks for them to be added.

Booked my first trip tonight. So excited.

My timeline... 4/22 offer made and accepted. 4/23 sent to Disney for ROFR. 5/20 passed ROFR. 6/5 received closing documents and closed on 6/10. 6/11 deed recorded and info sent back to Disney. 6/28 received mailer with membership number. 67 days start to finish.

Offer made & accepted: 4/25
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 4/28 3 days
Passed ROFR: 5/27 29 Days
Closing docs: 6/9 13 Days
Closed: 6/16 7 days
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 6/16
DVC Membership Letter with Number received: 6/30 14 days

66 Total Days from offer accepted to member letter received and TONS of money saved!!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'm not familiar enough with the boards to find the right place. If we buy a resale timeshare where the points start this September, would it be possible to apply those points to the vacation we already have planned in November? We are paying a rack room rate for a villa in Kidani. Thank you! We are debating over whether it would be worth almost twice the cost to buy direct or resale.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'm not familiar enough with the boards to find the right place. If we buy a resale timeshare where the points start this September, would it be possible to apply those points to the vacation we already have planned in November? We are paying a rack room rate for a villa in Kidani. Thank you! We are debating over whether it would be worth almost twice the cost to buy direct or resale.

Technically possible but highly unlikely you will find availability for November in September.

Offer made & accepted: 4/18
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 4/21
Passed ROFR: 5/20
Closing docs: 6/3
Closed: 6/11
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 6/12
Transfer docs sent to DVC (per Title Company): 6/13
Membership # from Disney received via US Mail: 6/30 (letter dated 6/24 and postmarked 6/26)

73 calendar days from start to finish!

We are first time DVC owners (100 points @ BCV) and were lucky to have sellers who were very prompt in returning their documents.

Called dvc today and wouldn't look up if I have a member # yet. Said I have to receive letter and could take 14 days to months.
Anyone having better luck, what options did you choose on phone? Reservations, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter