The Timeshare Store timeline

You have the timing figured out, all right. I wish you the best of luck with closing and am passing along some pixie dust for good measurepixiedust:

They definitely do verify before closing docs are prepared (estoppel) but many have reported a similar situation-not sure if they check a 3rd time (1st ROFR, 2nd estoppel) or if it has more to do with paying off loans to Disney or MF for the year?

The closing company told me that was one of the reason for delay...sellers need to pay off the loan and MF. We were expected to hear back from Disney this week, but again no news yet.

Here was our timeline from beginning to end (exactly 8 weeks from offer to logging on to the website).

1/19- Offer made and accepted, documents signed, scanned and emailed

1/20/15- Documents and deposit mailed via Priority mail

1/20/15- ROFR sent to Disney

1/22/15- Received and returned open escrow paperwork from Magic Vacation Titles

2/11/15- Notified that contract had passed ROFR

3/4/15- Closing documents received, cashier’s check obtained

3/5/15- Documents and check overnighted to Magic Title Vacation

3/9/15- Documents and check received by *** (ice storm delayed delivery)

3/11/15- Deed recorded on OCC website

3/23/15- Membership number received in mail, logged on to website

Here was our timeline from beginning to end (exactly 8 weeks from offer to logging on to the website).

1/19- Offer made and accepted, documents signed, scanned and emailed

1/20/15- Documents and deposit mailed via Priority mail

1/20/15- ROFR sent to Disney

1/22/15- Received and returned open escrow paperwork from Magic Vacation Titles

2/11/15- Notified that contract had passed ROFR

3/4/15- Closing documents received, cashier’s check obtained

3/5/15- Documents and check overnighted to Magic Title Vacation

3/9/15- Documents and check received by *** (ice storm delayed delivery)

3/11/15- Deed recorded on OCC website

3/23/15- Membership number received in mail, logged on to website

My timeline is very similare except for the fact that you were able to close and have the deed recorded. I'm quickly approaching 2 full weeks after closing docs and all I can say is the excitement has faded and the frustration has set in. Even if I closed tomorrow (I won't) I still have an additional two weeks to get my membership.

Anyone close and then book a trip for within a few weeks? We are hoping to go (will stay anywhere) end of July! Thanks!

3/26 offer made and accepted
3/27 sent to Disney for ROFR

Does anyone have a timeline for a VGC purchase? We closed today and our contract was sent to CA for the deed to be recorded. I'm wondering how long it might take as I've been told CA takes longer than Florida. Thx!

Anyone close and then book a trip for within a few weeks? We are hoping to go (will stay anywhere) end of July! Thanks!

3/26 offer made and accepted
3/27 sent to Disney for ROFR
I'm in the same boat as you. Sent mine 3/12 to RORF and want to go end of August. I started a last minute trip thread and it seems it is possible.

Update on our VGC contract:

Offer made and accepted 2/2

Sent for ROFR 2/3

ROFR passed 2/25

Estoppel received 3/25

Closing documents received 3/26

Documents FedExed 3/27 (Friday)

Title company received buyer's and seller's documents 3/30 (Monday)

Closed 3/31, deed sent to be recorded.

Now waiting not so patiently for it to be recorded in CA. Anyone (besides Just Peachy . . . don't want to even think about your wait! :confused3 ) have recent experience with a resale VGC contract?

Update on our VGC contract:

Offer made and accepted 2/2

Sent for ROFR 2/3

ROFR passed 2/25

Estoppel received 3/25

Closing documents received 3/26

Documents FedExed 3/27 (Friday)

Title company received buyer's and seller's documents 3/30 (Monday)

Closed 3/31, deed sent to be recorded.

Now waiting not so patiently for it to be recorded in CA. Anyone (besides Just Peachy . . . don't want to even think about your wait! :confused3 ) have recent experience with a resale VGC contract?
:cool1:Woo-hoo, just found that our deed was recorded on 3/31, the same day we closed!!! FYI, California now does its recording electronically, so it no long takes extra time for VGC properties.

So . . . when is the earliest that people have shown up in Disney's system after closing? Trying to make a reservation by the 15th. When should I start calling?

So . . . when is the earliest that people have shown up in Disney's system after closing? Trying to make a reservation by the 15th. When should I start calling?

Nine to ten days from recording...so Thursday or Friday.

My timeline is very similare except for the fact that you were able to close and have the deed recorded. I'm quickly approaching 2 full weeks after closing docs and all I can say is the excitement has faded and the frustration has set in. Even if I closed tomorrow (I won't) I still have an additional two weeks to get my membership.
Any movement on your contract?

We are the sellers, and have had closing through TSS. Anyone with this experience know how long until we get our check? they said up to 2 weeks, but was wondering if it may be sooner?

My Deed has been recorded, so excited.

2/8 Offer made and accepted
2/10 Sent to Rofr
2/25 Rofr Waived
4/1 Estoppel received by closing company
4/7 Deed Recorded

Hopefully on one more wait.

I went through Timeshare store and had Magic Vacation Title, I also financed part of it through Timesharelending and they were all great. Everything went fast and smooth (except waiting on Disney)

My Deed has been recorded, so excited.

2/8 Offer made and accepted
2/10 Sent to Rofr
2/25 Rofr Waived
4/1 Estoppel received by closing company
4/7 Deed Recorded

Hopefully on one more wait.

I went through Timeshare store and had Magic Vacation Title, I also financed part of it through Timesharelending and they were all great. Everything went fast and smooth (except waiting on Disney)
That is great!!

I can finally post our timeline (total 95 days!!!)

1/3/15 - Offer made and accepted

1/6/15- Documents and deposit received, ROFR sent to Disney

2/5/15 - Passed ROFR (exactly 30 days)

2/19/15- Closing documents received

2/25/15- Documents and fund received by title company

3/23/15- Deed recorded on OCC website

4/8/15 - Called DVC and got membership ID, logged into the website!

I can finally post our timeline (total 95 days!!!)

1/3/15 - Offer made and accepted

1/6/15- Documents and deposit received, ROFR sent to Disney

2/5/15 - Passed ROFR (exactly 30 days)

2/19/15- Closing documents received

2/25/15- Documents and fund received by title company

3/23/15- Deed recorded on OCC website

4/8/15 - Called DVC and got membership ID, logged into the website!
Yay! Congrats!! We closed and our deed was recorded 3/31. Did you try calling before today and it wasn't the system yet, or did you just start today?

Yay! Congrats!! We closed and our deed was recorded 3/31. Did you try calling before today and it wasn't the system yet, or did you just start today?
Yes, I tried calling last Thursday and Friday, and itt wasn't transfer in the DVC system yet. I figure I give them a few more days and tried again today with Member Accounting, the nice lady gave me the membership ID# right away! =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter