The Side effects of the AP-Trip#6 Oct 10 Final thoughts and some TMI

I am happy to report that Magic Kingdom looked a lot better this trip than it did in March. The Fantasyland walls were up, but there were none as we went through the castle, and Main Street looked really nice.
Going through those pictures made me realize how sad the whole area looked. I feel bad if people first experienced Main street and Fantasyland looking like that.

I'm anxious to see what you got with your discount. :)

You know I may have to do more research on my actual purchases. :headache: I have shopping pictures and I know I bought stuff but I just looked through my Disney Box with all my trip items, welcome packet and usually all my receipts are tucked in there but all the 2010 is there BUT the July trip. I have the welcome packet but no receipts. :scared1:

I am sure it is tucked somewhere else. I know I looked an I did use the coupon but it figures I can't find the receipts or have pictures from said purchase. :sad2: I will go sit in the corner now. :rolleyes2

Ok monorail geek, do you happen to know if they made a new transportation card for the teal monorail?

That is one thing I have never gotten. I knew about the cards but have not acquired any. :eek: I may have to right that wrong next time.

Great monorail pictures! I didn't know there were that many colors.....guess I better pay more attention! :laughing:

Love all the pictures of the monorails! I wonder how many different ones there are.

The tour groups weren't so bad this year compared to last when we were there. It could have been that we were earlier this year as well.

Wow, that is a veritable cornucopia of monorail photos! :thumbsup2

That is one thing I have never gotten. I knew about the cards but have not acquired any. :eek: I may have to right that wrong next time.

Collecting the cards is a lot of fun. My kids really enjoyed that. Then they got home and lost them under seat cushions, mattresses, etc. :sad2:

Love all the monorail pictures! That's so neat that you were able to see so many of them! :thumbsup2

Great monorail pictures! I didn't know there were that many colors.....guess I better pay more attention! :laughing:

Used to be twelve now there are only eleven :sad2:

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple( retired), Pink ( Retired), Coral, Lime, Black, Gold, and Silver. Teal was made from Pink and Purple and when and if they can get parts they will bring the fleet? back up to twelve.

If you spend some time at the TTC you can catch all three lines and at peak times you can catch all of them since they will be all be on line.

4 on the resort line, 3 on the express and then 4 on the EPCOT line.

Love all the pictures of the monorails! I wonder how many different ones there are.

The tour groups weren't so bad this year compared to last when we were there. It could have been that we were earlier this year as well.

I remember the monorails when they only had seats, no standing room.
11 on line right now - Colors are above.

I must have been right in peak tour group season.

Charlotte in 2 weeks right?

Wow, that is a veritable cornucopia of monorail photos! :thumbsup2

It was on my list of things to do. Never know when you need a good monorail picture of a certain color. Kind of wished I had pink and purple.:sad1: I think that spurred it on more than anything.

Collecting the cards is a lot of fun. My kids really enjoyed that. Then they got home and lost them under seat cushions, mattresses, etc. :sad2:

:lmao: I may have to make sure I ask this time around. I will put them in my Disney drawer and not under my mattress.:rolleyes:

Making my way to EPCOT. Through bag check and headed straight to Mousegears. I did my shopping and paid before noon. I have to say I regret to tell you but I do not have pictures of that day's purchases. :sad2:

After I did some window shopping. I can tell you I did not buy anything I took pictures of here.

IMG_6809.jpg

IMG_6810.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

For B- but she doesn’t want an angry duck.

IMG_6812.jpg

Some days I need to wear this. Not about any one in particular, but everyone in general.
IMG_6813.jpg

A new Monorail shirt
IMG_6814.jpg

Close up

IMG_6815.jpg

IMG_6816.jpg

Shopped out I head over to
IMG_6817.jpg

Some very selfish birds that make me laugh.

IMG_6818.jpg

So here I am in the line for my clamshell. The pretty fast moving never too long of a wait line.
Along comes a woman behind me. Then she is in front of me.

IMG_6820.jpg

Really!?!?!? Maybe she is catching up to her family? Nope she walks a bit further and stops to wait for another opening. I look at the guy in front of me as he starts to twitch and complain. I gave him the “ I know Really? “ look and we watch. She tries it again. This time she is stopped. I guess should have but she kind of looked like she was catching up to another party. When she did it right before the clams, they knew she could not catch up anymore and it was blatant that she was just cutting. Some people.
After we found Nemo, I head here.

IMG_6843.jpg

Sorry no tile pictures this time- must not have been unique.
Through the gift shop spy this.

IMG_6845.jpg

This was before Punkin413 had Seth so baby things were on my mind.
Cleary funny fish were also on my mind.

IMG_6848.jpg

IMG_6849.jpg

IMG_6850.jpg

I finally found it but do I buy it – Nope

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

After a little air conditioning I was ready to go back to monorail hunting.

A tronorail

IMG_6877.jpg

IMG_6884.jpg

Next up some more monorail hunting and a crossing a never done off the list.

Thanks for the pics of the monorails in the different colors. I'm still trying to figure out what we are going to do for the EMH's and MNSSHP...if we take a bus or try to get on the ferry with all the crowds now that the monorail is not gong to run at that time. :confused3

Love the shopping pictures. Don't tell Tim...but we got that bib for the new baby. :)

Love all your shopping pictures (oh, and Mark used to have that Grumpy shirt).

For B- but she doesn’t want an angry duck.

IMG_6812.jpg

We have got to get this guy some help. He lives in the happiest place around, yet he's always scowling. :donald:

I need a couple of these to go in with my Nemo classroom this year. I wonder if I could describe them clearly enough to get Disney Merchandise to send me a couple? I was only focused on picking up my Crush on this trip, but these guys are cute, too! Do you remember anything the tag said on it? I doubt you paid any attention, but if you recall, let me know.

You would love this CD!!!

Thanks for the pics of the monorails in the different colors. I'm still trying to figure out what we are going to do for the EMH's and MNSSHP...if we take a bus or try to get on the ferry with all the crowds now that the monorail is not gong to run at that time. :confused3

I did read that they are citing needing increased maintenance time since if MK is open until 3am on some summer EMH the monorails used to run until 4am and then had to be serviced and back on the rail by 6am. I am hoping by the time Sept rolls around some of the major maintentance is done and park hours shorten a bit they will extend the monorail hours again.

I think they might also be suffering staff shortages during the summer to cover the extra long shifts so cutting hours helps provides extra coverage and better staffing to increase safety while moving those monorails on and off the spurs. I bet not many people around at 3 or 4 am to help with that.

Those monorails are old and judging by the number of e stops I had last time and being stopped and the 1 time people had to rescued off, spending more time to service them is a hopefully a limited inconvenience.

Love the shopping pictures. Don't tell Tim...but we got that bib for the new baby. :)

Love all your shopping pictures (oh, and Mark used to have that Grumpy shirt).

I won't tell Tim. :upsidedow I am looking forward to seeing Mousegears all renovated this time. I have to do better with purchase pictures.

I can't believe that woman was cutting in the Nemo line! Really? It's Nemo for heaven's sake! :lmao:

:lmao::lmao: That what I thought. That is also why I let her go, I mean the line always moves fast and it is a continuos load, what is an extra 3 seconds?

I am not sure what she thought she was doing. It was a little bizarre but it what makes Disney interesting-people watching. As long as they are not being a hag (Heather's report). :rotfl2:

We have got to get this guy some help. He lives in the happiest place around, yet he's always scowling. :donald:

I can never seem to find a happy Donald shirt.

I need a couple of these to go in with my Nemo classroom this year. I wonder if I could describe them clearly enough to get Disney Merchandise to send me a couple? I was only focused on picking up my Crush on this trip, but these guys are cute, too! Do you remember anything the tag said on it? I doubt you paid any attention, but if you recall, let me know.

I don't recall the info but you can email Disney merchandise just take the picture and email it to them? :idea:

You would love this CD!!!

I did pick it up on the next trip and I do love it. :dance3:

the tronorail is neat to look at but stinks to ride, you can see harldy anything through those mesh colored windows.
:sad2:

Yeah, if you're going to cut in line, do it for a ride that's worth it. Like Soarin'. You should have followed her around the rest of the day and butted in front of her in every line. :rotfl2:

I just saw a Donald t-shirt in the Disney store the other day that showed him realizing he never wore pants. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter