The Side effects of the AP-Trip#6 Oct 10 Final thoughts and some TMI

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Poolrat, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

It is finally 10 am and I head here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While I wait my turn I overhear-“ I don’t let my daughter know anything about princesses because I don’t want to be like one.” I think – Well, good luck with that here. I understand the concept of wanting your daughter to not be princess-like in some ways but I do not think exposing her to the princesses will do that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is finally my turn –

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a good time and they interacted with me quite a bit. I did feel a little strange being in there alone with no kids but I am glad I did it before the area went away.
    Funny thing happened to me as I tried to leave. I couldn’t get out! I did not realize I had to back out and through a door that looked like it went backstage.

I finally found this.

[​IMG]

Next up the Barnstormer- Remembering the queue.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Poolrat

I had 2 very good runs recently I want to share.
    On July 3rd- proabably the most humid day so far, I dragged myself out.
    The night before I went to dinner with friends at a local Mexican Place. I had a frustrating day with technology so I ordered a margarita. The waitress was trying to talk me into the "special" but all the special had was the high priced liquor. :lmao:
    My medium fishbowl kept me busy most of dinner and I was feeling pretty good afterwards. I was able to get home and conquer my technology issues.
    So the next morning I really did not have too high hopes for a good run since I was still tasting that margarita. :eek

BEST. RUN .TO.DATE. Could not believe it. 5k was 42:04 Previousl best 42:29 and 42:33.

So then I drag myself out of bed again today 7/5 to see what I can get done. A Late night of fireworks and margaritas ( again) made it tough to get out of bed but I did.

ANOTHER. BEST . RUN TO. DATE. And I ran the whole 5k 41:09 :woohoo:
    Then I walked 2 min and ran the rest of the last mile.

Moral of the story - margaritas before race day- or maybe a Mai tai??? :rolleyes:

4. jillyb

jillyb DIS Veteran

I'd stick with the margaritas...they seem to be working! :laughing:

5. Poolrat

I will have to hit the Ditch in Mexico the day before!!!:rotfl2:

6. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Pat, you've got the foot-pose down -- you could easily be a fairy cast member.

Congrats on your great run times! :woohoo: Maybe you're onto something there with the margaritas the night before. I haven't run for several weeks....having a little knee trouble. :(

7. Poolrat

I am also happy to report the legs attached to those feet are well a litle less round than they used to be. A great side effect from running.:woohoo:

I am winning no world's records but for me and the knees it is great I CAN run 3 miles at a clip. My body is not fighting me so much anymore. :laughing:

The rita effect- I think it relaxes me enough to get a better night's sleep so I actually am a bit more rested. At least that it my story and I am sticking to it. :laughing:

I have had great success taping my knees. I am using KT TAPE- it is an elastic sports tape ( I got it at ****'s Sporting goods) It is precut and stretches. They give you taping instructions but I have been modifying it a bit to stabilize my kneecap rather that straight runners knee.

8. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Interesting...I may have to look into that. My issue is a ligament on the side (inside side) of my knee. It's started to pop with every step and can get quite painful if I run.

9. Poolrat

Yikes :scared1: I cringe just hearing that. But then again after I run I sound like Rice Krispies, Knees, ankles and feet, just snap, crackle and pop.

My kneecaps are not lined up right and ride to the inside so I tape to "guide" them to track straight.
    I get some reference pain to the medial side ( inside) and simply taping at the attachment site and up along the kneecap side provides some support and I am virtually pain free when I run.
    It is hard to believe that a strip of tape can be that supportive but it is. :confused3

The tape is more expensive that a simple roll but it does last longer and it works better and sticks when it needs to but come right off easily when you are done. :thumbsup2

10. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

Congrats on your great run times! My girlfriends and I have been singing the praises of margaritas for years now :laughing:

11. Poolrat

I have the girlfriends singing the praises of a can, a can, and a can!!! :rotfl2:

My runs may not be "competitive" but I tell you, on land I am a spaz. I am just glad my body finally "got it" and stopped fighting me. :laughing:

I rolled my ankle a bit on one of those ball things from the trees after one of the many storms we have had. I kept on running/ hopping until I could shake it off. Spaz I tell you. I was trying to avoid the sticks and the prickly ball got me. :lmao:

12. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Is it bad that I have no idea who any of these characters are except for Tink? I don't feel bad about that. :laughing:

I made statements about not wanting my daughter to be a princess when she was first born. Then she got into Disney movies and I was buying her every Princess item I could find. :rotfl2: Now she's over them and prefers hiking outdoors, science experiments, and characters like Stitch, Wall-E or Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon. I figure I'm doing something right.

Good job on the 5k times! I was doing Couch to 5k with my wife, but then developed plantar fascitis in my foot. :headache:

13. Poolrat

:rotfl2: We had a time at work where we had something with fairies on it, maybe a small ball and I had to go look up who the different ones were so save my "disney knowledge face". :rotfl2:

You did do something right. :thumbsup2 That woman just seemed a bit "off" when I heard her. My DD was a tomboy( still is ) so not many princessey items unless my dad bought them. :rolleyes: Ariel is as close as we got. Instead of Snow White, she liked Dopey. :confused3

OUCH! I have had a bout of that a while ago. Proabably on of the last times I tried walking/running.:laughing:

The rolling a tennis ball under your foot really helped. That and good arch support inserts in my shows. :thumbsup2

Hope it heals soon and you are able to get moving again.

14. marvali

marvali DIS Veteran

Wow, great job with the 5K improvement!!! I really like your margarita training regimen! I'm thinking about joining you at Disney for the 5K and use the same philosophy.......you can run while I watch, and drink margaritas!!! :goodvibes

15. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Great pictures with the fairies, Pat. And Mark and I get in line and wait for the characters and I've often done it myself...nothing wrong with it in my book!

16. Poolrat

I thought it was working great until this morning. No margaritas last night but I went for a run this morning. Last night we had no storms but some how when we left it was cool and dry. I drove home with the windows down and enjoyed the breeze.

What a surprise when I woke up to a foggy sticky morning.

Guess what ??? My 5k Time was ....... 38:39!!!!! I was shocked. For the first time I did not negative split so I finally started out and pushed myself a bit. I am always afraid of not leaving some for the end and basically being far from home and not being able to make it back. :rotfl2: A little irrational but I think I am getting over that. That and my knee is doing OK so I am not so afraid to lengthen my stride.

Of course now I finally registered for the race yesterday, and they ask pace. I put myself in the slower group 13-16min and of course today my mile splits were 11:12, 12:20, 12:54, 12:58. The last minute did have a minute of walking after I timed out the 5K. Officially under 13 min pace!!!!:woohoo:

Well I hope you are somewhat serious about going to Disney in Oct. I may need the margaritas afterward!!!! :lmao:
    ( I originally read that this morning on my phone and I :rotfl2: Luckily I was not drinking anythig or I would have spewed)

17. Poolrat

Thanks for the compliments. I think with so many other families with small kids there and it was rope drop, I felt a bit a bit strange but they made me feel right at home in their fairy world. :laughing: I really think I was more embarrassed at not being able to get out!!!!! :rotfl2:

18. chloe770

chloe770 <marquee><font color=green>Isn't it just more fun

Wow! Your doing great! I'm still working on getting that last mile down. I've had a rough couple of weeks w allergies and lack of sleep. I keep pushing tho.
    Can I ask what kind of watch or program you are using to get your times?

19. Poolrat

I got the distance first and now I can work on the speed. That helps me with the not making it home anxiety.:lmao:

I am using Cardio trainer app on my android phone. It will start the clock and my music and give an update of speed or distance every minute. It is a free app but you can pay to have the workout sent somewhere but I don't need anyone else seeing my workouts. I can store the workouts on the phone and I do keep track ina book so I can see progress. I need some kind of positive reinforcement. I guess that makes me competitve. :)

I found out at the end of April that I can see mile splits. That is why I am actually running a little more that 4 miles. My previous route was 3.8 and I wanted that last mile split. :rotfl2:

Allergies stink. In May I was taking benadryl pretty much every night to help my body deal with them.

Keep at it. Every time, especially since I am seeing such good progress, it gets a bit easier. And it stinks that much less.

20. Poolrat

Next up the Barnstormer- Remembering the queue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Over to Donald Boat

[​IMG]

Back towards the castle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder if they will change the pictures to reflect the Diamond mine ride.
    ( yup the see that they did)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This landscape has certainly changed from these pictures. There are now building where dirt once piled up. Someday soon the walls will come down and we can enjoy the “new”Fantasyland.
    :goodvibes

21. chloe770

chloe770 <marquee><font color=green>Isn't it just more fun

I've been using C25K. I've been averaging a 12:15 run pace but have been consciously been trying to slow down so I can get the distance. It seems to be helping but man am I running slow. :rotfl2: Might toss in a day of sprints to help build my speed once I get my distance down. I need to since I registered at the 11 - 13 pace? I will problably not start there tho. DH is registered in the stroller division w/ DD and DS is registered at under 13 min. I kinda want to start with them. :lovestruc