The Side effects of the AP-Trip#6 Oct 10 Final thoughts and some TMI

What is funny is that I was looking for a picture to post here but I can't find any.:scared1: I really thought I had some. Maybe they never came out and I felt kind of funny taking the picture when they are right there working on the critters.
I need to add that to the "next time " list. Pictures since I don't think they will get any cheaper. :laughing:

Here's one.

IMG_2740.jpg

I have several from throughout the years, but that's just the first one I came across. Thought I'd show it for anyone new who might never have seen them.

Here's one.
I have several from throughout the years, but that's just the first one I came across. Thought I'd show it for anyone new who might never have seen them.

Thanks for the pic. As many times as I have walked by that display I am shocked that I do not have ANY pictures. Shame on me. :sad2: :laughing:

I'm with you ladies on the animals in Mexico! I do the same thing! They are truly beautiful though. I wonder how many people buy them??

Pat - I laughed out loud at the Waste Please story! I now will think of you and your Dad every time I see it! :laughing:

I love the pic of the gorilla with his blankie. I wonder if the other gorillas make fun of him for still having a lovey? ;)

I'm really enjoying your walks around the parks and all the details you captured. It makes me look forward to a future solo trip....someday!!!!

Pat - I laughed out loud at the Waste Please story! I now will think of you and your Dad every time I see it! :laughing:

I love the pic of the gorilla with his blankie. I wonder if the other gorillas make fun of him for still having a lovey? ;)

I'm really enjoying your walks around the parks and all the details you captured. It makes me look forward to a future solo trip....someday!!!!

I think of my Dad laughing every time I see them too.:goodvibes

That gorilla with his pink blankie is my favorite! I think the guide told us that they love the blankets for extra cushion on the ground and do grow quite attached to them. There were quite a few other scattered about but no others making a fashion statement.:laughing:

As much as I loved being alone, I really loved meeting you and all the Disers I did get to meet. Being around other people who love the beauty and details of the parks really made me enjoy my trips so much more. :goodvibes

Loved the picture of the gorillas, especially with the blankie. :goodvibes Who doesn't love a good blankie?!? :confused3
I don't have mine from childhood, but still love having a blanket that's my favorite.
Since I crochet (had to have something to do/learn when I quit smoking years ago) I create my own now. :goodvibes I have mine here now, right here under my legs on the ottoman as I type. :cloud9:

How are you Pat?

Loved the picture of the gorillas, especially with the blankie. :goodvibes Who doesn't love a good blankie?!? :confused3
I don't have mine from childhood, but still love having a blanket that's my favorite.
Since I crochet (had to have something to do/learn when I quit smoking years ago) I create my own now. :goodvibes I have mine here now, right here under my legs on the ottoman as I type. :cloud9:

How are you Pat?

If the sort of mean looking, manly gorilla wants to carry around a pink blankie, who am I to stop him? :laughing: I wonder if and then how they would collect it to wash it? :confused3

Both my kids had a dolly or a pillow to love. Dolly and her twin Dolly dolly both disappeared and are rumored to be in some lost and found somewhere.
We found a long lost triplet much later but she is just to spark the memories of the other two sisters.:lmao:
My DS had the cookie monster ( when he still ate cookies) pillow. I think he still has it since it never really left the house but it as threadbare as can be.

Oh Camille I am doing great. Work is slow but I am Okay with it because I take this time to plan for the next busy season.
Can I tell you that there are times where I just crave a good Chuy's meal and margarita. :laughing:

How are you doing?

As I wave Good bye to Princess Atta and head toward
381AKtimetogo.jpg

I snap this on the way out
382AKbench.jpg

This is a good representation of what is yet to be. I hope they have not entirely abandoned the Beastly part that is symbolized by the great dragon. I have heard Camp Minnie Mickey as well as FOLK was an afterthought to place hold for the beastly kingdom or mythical creature land. I remember during our visit in 1998 one of the only thing in Dinoland was a excavation tent with dino "exhibits". With record high temps, Disney was giving out FREE water in lines for "A bug's life" LINES.... FREE WATER. :laughing:
There is no Asia, no Chester and Hester's and FOLK was an open air theater. :eek:

As I look forward to seeing what AK evolves into :laughing:
I must move forward and my tummy is rumbly.

I get to the bus stops. I look here.
383TothebusYachtclub.jpg

and soon this is here too.
384AkbustoBoardwalk.jpg

I climb aboard. After swinging by the Swan, the Dolphin, and then Yacht- I finally get off and walk through
A big deep breath in
388yachtclubmat.jpg

Like others, I like the smell of the Beach club and Yacht club.
387YCpassingthrough.jpg

I exit onto the Boardwalk and begin the walk. Come on, walk with me.
389lighthouse.jpg

390stormamlongbay.jpg

391boardwalkESPN.jpg

393Boardwalkwithbeach.jpg

394YCoutpastBWtoEPCOT.jpg

I am getting closer. I hear there is a secret entrance. :upsidedow
395IGsign.jpg

A hidden Poolrat.
396EPCOTsign.jpg

Can you believe only under 7 years old must be accompanied by an adult on rides?:scared1: I certainly would not let my 6 year old run around EPCOT alone but I don't know of any rides at Epcot I would trust them on alone on either.

I pass through the shop and spy this shirt my DD would like.
397EPCOTshirtinIG.jpg

Ah yes, Food and Wine. Now where shall we eat? My treat!

Hey Pat, I had to chuckle at the gorillas. We went to the zoo last week and loved watching them. The oragutangs (sp?) were just as hilarious with their little make shift tent city made of cardboard boxes. I just love watching any of the primates!! :thumbsup2 One time, a chimp got really p.o'd at us for watching (or just wanted to have some "fun") and chucked a big chunk of doo-doo at us; it was quite something seeing it splat on the window! :scared1::lmao:

Hey Pat, I had to chuckle at the gorillas. We went to the zoo last week and loved watching them. The oragutangs (sp?) were just as hilarious with their little make shift tent city made of cardboard boxes. I just love watching any of the primates!! :thumbsup2 One time, a chimp got really p.o'd at us for watching (or just wanted to have some "fun") and chucked a big chunk of doo-doo at us; it was quite something seeing it splat on the window! :scared1::lmao:

I always think that the primates need "thought bubbles" so we know what they are thinking.:rotfl2:

We were at a zoo and a gorilla was apparently having a really bad day. He charged the glass, hard and shot us a look. I am not sure what his problem was but I tell you we almost had poo to fling. :laughing: I have never been so worried that an animal was going to " break out" as I was that day. We moved on pretty quickly and went to go see some small birds. :rolleyes1

I always think that the primates need "thought bubbles" so we know what they are thinking.:rotfl2:

We were at a zoo and a gorilla was apparently having a really bad day. He charged the glass, hard and shot us a look. I am not sure what his problem was but I tell you we almost had poo to fling. :laughing: I have never been so worried that an animal was going to " break out" as I was that day. We moved on pretty quickly and went to go see some small birds. :rolleyes1

Clearly you are not a Hitchcock fan. ;)

Me, too. I just mentioned something to that affect on another TR recently. I would love to read their minds as all of us humans stand around and stare at them.

Nice Beach Club pictures.
I will be happy when my turn comes to stay there. :)

We'll just have to sit back and see what all they do with Animal Kingdom in the years ahead. I know a Beastly Kingdom with thrill rides would bring a lot more people in, but since that's not my thing, really, I'd be happy for more animal shows/interaction/education and live entertainment.

Me, too. I just mentioned something to that affect on another TR recently. I would love to read their minds as all of us humans stand around and stare at them.

The way some of them stare back, we may be better off not knowing.:rotfl2:

Nice Beach Club pictures.
I will be happy when my turn comes to stay there. :)

We'll just have to sit back and see what all they do with Animal Kingdom in the years ahead. I know a Beastly Kingdom with thrill rides would bring a lot more people in, but since that's not my thing, really, I'd be happy for more animal shows/interaction/education and live entertainment.

I have not heard anything about any additions to AK recently. I would like to see more at Camp Mickey Minnie and maybe a way to connect camp Mickey Minnie and Africa with another path further out, kind of like how Dinoland and Asia are now connected by the bridge.

I am not losing my mind ! At least when it comes to thinking I took a picture of Mexican Animal art and then not finding it.

P9105405.jpg

Funny thing is it is just one picture. :rotfl2:

Oh well. :lmao:

I am looking forward to your report about Epcot! So after Yacht&Beach, this bus would still have to go to the Boardwalk for the last stop? Wow! That sounds like a tedious bus ride!! Loved your views of the Epcot resorts! :goodvibes

I am looking forward to your report about Epcot! So after Yacht&Beach, this bus would still have to go to the Boardwalk for the last stop? Wow! That sounds like a tedious bus ride!! Loved your views of the Epcot resorts! :goodvibes

Yes, from some parks the bus will stop at all 5 Deluxe EPCOT resorts. :scared1: That is the one drawback but you get to walk to EPCOT, and take the boat or walk to DHS. MK can be the monorail if you are able to walk through EPCOT otherwaise MK and AK are the bus rides.

I am not sure why I opted for the Yacht club. I think the order is Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach and then Boardwalk. Usually I will get off at the Beach Club since it is closest to EPCOT. The driver may have had to load a wheelchair or scooter so I hopped off and just walked.

I said it was my treat so come on.

I entered the International Gateway and went over the bridge to France. Quite the crowd on a Sunday evening.
398EPCOTpassingbyfrance.jpg

I kept walking until I came to Morocco.

399EPCOTMorocco.jpg

While this was not just a Food and Wine item, I felt I needed this. A Sultan's Colada. Yummy.
400EPCOTsultanscolada.jpg

I was on mission to use a snack credit on the most expensive item I could. I had it in my sights and made a beeline for the American Adventure.
401EPCOTcrabcakes.jpg

Yes, you are reading that right. A lobster roll is $7.25 and a snack credit can be used for this item. :woohoo: That was a must try.

402EPCOTpicofcrabcakes.jpg

That is not my arm nor my roll. I was so excited at using a snack credit for a lobster roll that I forgot to take a picture of mine.

My thoughts on the lobster roll ? I thought is was going to be warm so I was surprised that it was served cold. It was more like a seafood salad on a roll. Not my favorite but if you like that sort of thing, you would like this.

What was for dessert?
403EPCOTPralinesign.jpg

The praline bread pudding. I believe I paid cash for this since it was only $3.00. This was fabulous!!!! I loved it so much that I found the recipe and made it at home last Christmas. I am sorry I did not get a picture of this one.

It was a chilly evening. How many have seen Jasmine in a coat?
404EPCOTMulanincoat.jpg

Marie has her fur coat ;)
405EPCOTMArie.jpg

Since I was still hungry, I had another round, this time from France.
A grand Marnier slush and the Braised Short Ribs in Cabernet with Mashed Potatoes for $4.75.
406EPCOTslushandribs.jpg

I was a bit surprised at the presentation of this dish. The meat was inside the mound which was the potatoes. I went over to a bench put my bag down to eat. I shared the bench with a young woman who was also surprised on how this was served. I think those are her legs as you can see another plate on the bench. I think she took a picture and sent it to her mom while I took pictures of my food with my camera.
We chatted as we ate.
When I was done I got up and decided to make my way back out via the IG.

Did you enjoy your meal? I hope so. ;)

407EPCOtlookingatTT.jpg

I get out the gate and make it this far.
411Tryingtoleaveboats.jpg

Suddenly I realize I must go back. I forgot something. I had my little backpack bag and I put it down when I was eating.

Will it still be there? Stay tuned.

The bread pudding was delicious, wasn't it? I also loved the crawfish etouffe from that stand. I remember being surprised at the cabernet short ribs and mashed potatoes presentation, too. Wait, you didn't get a Cosmo slushie??? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter