The Side effects of the AP-Trip#6 Oct 10 Final thoughts and some TMI

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Poolrat, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Most popular ride in the park for sure. Even Soarin' which I think is 5 years old has diminshed a bit in the morning trot. That and I think it is split between TT and Soarin'.

I wonder what will happen when Star tours opens back up? That might be when we may finally see a decline in the TSM mob at opening. :idea:

But which one will I rush to? :crazy2:
    Ack! decisions, decisions.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

I know which one I will be running for...:yoda::darth::chewy:

:laughing:

4. jc040404

jc040404 DIS Veteran

Wow! I think this every time I read a garbage can at WDW!! It really does seem like they're asking you to waste, please! :rotfl:

Just started looking at your TR today and I'm loving it! Subbing now! :goodvibes

5. Poolrat

Will it be ride standby on ST and then rush to TSM for Fp or ride stand by on TSM and then FP ST?

I guess the first time I will be rushing to ST. After that it will depend on the update of the ride. I hear multiple destinations, so we may have to have many "first rides". I know my DS will rush to ST. The question is, will I join him after the first one? He did not care about TSM in the least.

Oh here I am worrying and don't have any plans for the trip. :laughing:

6. Poolrat

party::welcome:party:

I do stop and remember that conversation with my Dad. Then I giggle.

The ones at the Poly say it too!

Maybe the market research shows that waste is more universal language wise than trash or garbage. :confused3

7. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

I like Toy Story, but I don't love, love, love it like many others do. I go to it first because the others want to and because I know that's the only way you get to ride it w/o wasting time. Well, that way and Fastpasses. But, if you told me I could only ride one or the other for the day, I'd go with Star Tours. I bet the flow of traffic will see a big change when that opens back up, but I also think it will not be as permanent a hot ticket as Toy Story. I think it will be crazy busy as first, but unless it ends up just being rockin' awesome, it'll die down after a fairly short time.

Hope you and yours had a fun Halloween weekend, Pat!

8. Poolrat

I do think the Star Tours will be busy when it first reopens. I bet Star Tours weekends will coincide with the reopening and make it crazy for a while but for a segment of the population. Those liking Star Tours and those who also love TSM will be torn. I guess I fall in that catagory. I like TSM since the outcome is not always the same. I have some control over my score although I feel I like don't. :laughing:

However if there are several different scenes and it really knocks my socks off then I may have to join the Star Tours bandwagon. :darth:

It was a pretty quiet night. I put my DS on candy duty and we had trick or treaters from 6:45 to about 8. dusk to dark. That was it. I bought less candy but still have a bowl left over.

Hope you had a nice restful weekend too. Enjoy your week Caren.

9. MagicShell

MagicShell DIS Veteran

Where is that splash fountain? I have never seen/noticed that.:confused3

10. Poolrat

It is in the back of the park near the Backlot Tour entrance, the meet and greet area for monsters. Also near the big Coke misters.

On the other side it is to the right at the end of the streets and the entrance to Lights, Motor, Action and the Honey I shrunk the kids playground.

I think Studio Catering the CS is there too. Jillyb that is where I got the drink in DHS. The food place and to the left is the bar and icees. :laughing:

I think that is it around that area. Oops there is a bathroom too! :rotfl:

11. Poolrat

Disneyland visitors can expect to go on a different journey just about every time they get on the new Star Tours ride, which opens next year.

Disney officials are slowly releasing details about the upcoming changes to the Tomorrowland ride.

The new ride will feature 54 different experiences, meaning visitors are unlikely to ever see the same thing when they get on the ride, said George Kalogridis, the Disneyland Resort president.
    He called the new imagery “just incredible.”

Disney officials have also unveiled new droids that will become part of the ride.

The Tour Droid will be called “Ace,” who is described as having “a personality as different from Rex as you can imagine.” Rex was the former droid with the voice by Paul Reubens, who made famous his Pee Wee Herman character. Another droid is modeled after a waitress in “Attack of the Clones.” She will be called “Aly San San,” in reference to the voice of the droid, actress Allison Janney. Read full information about the droids on the Disney Parks blog. The Disney Parks blog plans to keep adding details about the new ride.

Star Tours closed in July so that crews could begin installing the new ride, which will have 3D movies. The original motion-simulator ride only had one trip through space. The new one will have multiple movies with different scenes in front of seats in a carriage, which moves to give the illusion of a journey through space based on the “Star Wars” movies.

This is from Disneyland and the Orange County register. I guess I will be rushing to ST for at least the first 54 times. :rotfl2:

12. Poolrat

Story today about a decline in ME use. I think it is a sign of the economy- more people staying off site and needing transportation or just ditching ME.

Decline in ME use

13. marvali

marvali DIS Veteran

What a cool/funny story about your Dad and the trash can! :thumbsup2

I love seeing how different people focus on different things when they tour the parks. Makes all of the TRs so interesting.......and makes me wonder how I've missed so many details touring the parks so many times! :confused3 I guess I'll just have to keep going back!!! :banana:

Nice about the Star Tours update and all the different ride possibilities! :) The last time we were there I didn't enjoy it nearly as much because it was the same ole', same ole'! I was hoping they would do an update! I love Muppet Vision too, but the jokes and such are getting really old and stale! Waldorf and Statler are still a hoot, but I really wish they would do an update on the story line there too and make it fresh again! Maybe they can figure out a way to make it have multiple story lines too, like Star Tours!!! :cool1:

I can just hear it now......a 35 year old man still harping how his sister deprived him of seeing the Power Rangers!!! :rotfl:

14. Poolrat

Every time i see that can or the one at the Poly I think of that time.

Most of those details I am sure someone else has noticed too. Someone would mention one of those details on their TR and I would seek it out and sometimes find more than I expected. I think each trip this past year I have had certain goals and certain places to explore.

From your mouth to Disney's ears. :wizard:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

15. Poolrat

I had just come out of Star Tours and wanted to just walk around the lake looking for the details others have already noticed.

Of course this was on the list
    [​IMG]

However, these I was able to see these boys enjoy being bad.;)
    [​IMG]

A view of Gertie.
    [​IMG]

The shop near Indiana Jones had an Animal Kingdom feel to it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I walked toward.
    [​IMG]

The back side of Min n Bill's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arriving at Echo Lake
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder who "lives" here?
    [​IMG]

For those Star Trek fans.
    [​IMG]

moving on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

How appropriate
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A door nearby
    [​IMG]

Time to get to back to Sunset via the shop where I spot some lost fish.

[​IMG]
    and some bowls
    [​IMG]

The car- did you know that goes in for refurb too?
    But not now, it is here.
    [​IMG]

I make it to Beauty and the Beast but have some time to kill.

What can I do to fill the time?

16. All7OfUs

All7OfUs <font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into

I noticed a few of these around the park too. I love Disney's sight gags and puns!!! :lmao:

17. Poolrat

So many to discover. I still have not "seen" and "done" it all but this last year I crossed a bit off the list. :)

18. All7OfUs

All7OfUs <font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into

I didn't miss your post on our meet, did I???

19. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

I like those crates! I've never seen them.

20. Poolrat

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Nope. I am still back on Oct 19 of 2009. :rotfl2:
    I need to move it along and at least get into 2010 by 2011. :rotfl2:

I saw them mentions in someone else's TR ( Memom maybe? ) so I was looking for them this time. I think I knew they existed but I did not know they were addressed " in theme" :lmao:

If you have ventured close to Min n Bill's dockside cafe then you have seen them, just not noticed them. ;)

21. Poolrat

While I make my way down Sunset Blvd, I see a truck pull up.
    [​IMG]

Out comes an actress
    [​IMG]

but they are looking for extras.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The crowd gathers and the director picks out these guys as extras.
    [​IMG]

I stick around for a while to enjoy the fun.

It soon becomes time for one thing down this street I have never done.

[​IMG]

Yes, that is right I have not until this point seen Beauty and the Beast. My DD is an Ariel girl so that and air conditioning always had a higher priority.

I settle in right behind the wall about half way up and enjoy the show.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It was well done and I enjoyed it.

It was now 2:30 and I accomplished what I wanted to at this park. DHS had EMH that night so as Arnold would say I'll be back later.

I head out to the busses
    [​IMG]

I am lucky because this is waiting for me.
    [​IMG]

And I am here in 20 minutes

[​IMG]

I walk up, get through bag check and enter. I stop to take a look at these.
    [​IMG]

As I crest the bridge, I always wonder why they discontinued the boat. Surely by now it could be used as transportation and not just a meet and greet area.
    [​IMG]

It takes me 10 minutes to get here.
    [​IMG]

It never seems like it takes that long. Well, going by the picture time stamp, it only took me 8 minutes. That makes me feel better. :upsidedow

The familiar icon
    [​IMG]

A closer look look at the magnificent artwork.
    [​IMG]

My destination
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The detail here always amazes me.
    [​IMG]

Holy crowds Batman.
    [​IMG]

Was this a bad decision? Will I turn around and go to a different park? Will I brave the crowds and push forward?