The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

Going to visit family. Will fly in the weekend of 26th for a week or so.

eta: That would be September 26th. :laughing:

I'll make a note of it. That is the weekend that all the rebel students have chosen to throw their own homecoming since Queen's has decided to cancel it due to the stupid riotous street party that happens every year. So no idea if I will have time off from work.

I'll make a note of it. That is the weekend that all the rebel students have chosen to throw their own homecoming since Queen's has decided to cancel it due to the stupid riotous street party that happens every year. So no idea if I will have time off from work.

Oh yay. Out of control students. :rolleyes:

Ok. Well hopefully we can squeeze something in somewhere.

Lessa that picture of your mom at the end of TT is so funny! It sure does do a number on the hair!

Loved the Pixie Hollow garden! And your mom looks really cute in those ears. I wonder why she felt compelled to buy those at just that moment?

Loved the Pixie Hollow garden! And your mom looks really cute in those ears. I wonder why she felt compelled to buy those at just that moment?

I think she was jealous of the cute ears that I bought the day before and she didn't want to feel left out. ;) Since she didn't wear them I will just have to confiscate them as my own for the next trip. That way I will have two pairs of ears to wear. :laughing:

Pixie Hollow looks cute and I love the TT photos, it somehow makes your hair feel all dirty too :rotfl: And great tip about asking at the desk :thumbsup2

So would your Mom have told you off if you bought something and only wore it for 10 minutes? :lmao:

We were on our way to World Showcase but first I had to stop for some pictures. I was waiting for the monorail to come by but it never showed. I swear it felt like we waited there for half an hour at least!

D5117.jpg

D5118.jpg

D5125.jpg

D5123.jpg

D5124.jpg

D5127.jpg

I eventually gave up on the monorail and we made our way to Mexico! I had been planning to try a churro here but since I had tried one at AK the previous day I passed.

D5130.jpg

D5132.jpg

D5135.jpg

D5136.jpg

We noticed that one of the shops was missing, must have been closed for renovations.

Mom had not gone on the Gran Fiesta Tour back in 07 with Alek, Erich and I so we decided to go on it.

D5140.jpg

It was cute but unremarkable, just as I had remembered it.

Next up was Norway!

We took some pictures across the lagoon while strolling along.

D5144.jpg

D5145.jpg

Mom and I finally got to ride Maelstorm. This is one of the few attractions was have never seen/been on. Lucky us there was no line. Walking in there was a mother with two daughters. Well I guess one of them got scared as she started screaming and crying and saying she didn't want to get on. The mom tried to force her on but she would not give in so she snatched her hand and stomped off. Well I was glad that we did not have to share a boat with them. :laughing:

After the ride we decided to stop for the movie so I could rest my feet. I know everybody says to walk right through and not to stop, well they are right! So boring and it needs a major update. At least I got to rest my feet for a bit though. ;)

We browsed around the stores for a bit looking at all the insanely priced sweaters. Honestly, $500 for a sweater! :eek:

One of my goals of the trip was to get a snack from each country. Well I skipped the churro in Mexico but the Norway bakery was calling to me. I debated between the Sweet Pretzel or the Cloudberry Horn. I eventually decided on the Cloudberry Horn. OH MY GOD! This pastry was like heaven on earth! I hated having to share it with Mom it was that good. I savoured every last morsel of that sweet sweet dessert.

D5146.jpg

People are always going on about the school bread in Norway yet I never hear anything about the Cloudberry horn which in my opinion is far superior to the school bread which I found very bland and boring when I had it in 07.

So my advise if you are getting a snack in Norway, go for the horn!

D5147.jpg

D5148.jpg

D5151.jpg

Click here to continue to Alek's very special update

OR

Click here to continue to the next regular update

yeah and they are ugly $500 sweaters!! that dessert does look good!!

yeah and they are ugly $500 sweaters!! that dessert does look good!!

:laughing: Hope my mom doesn't read that, she likes those sweaters. :laughing:;)

The cloudberry horn, mmmmmm so good. I am getting one every time I visit WDW from now on. I did not know what I was missing out on!

Alek here reporting what myself and Erich did while Mom and Lessa were on their vacation.

Well as you all know Erich and I are considered something close to gods around the world so the instant we told people we were having a house party THOUSANDS of people showed up.

bloc2.jpg

We started partying hard early into the day with all sorts of crazy shenanigans like jumping off trampolines into pools of jello that my good friend Irene Rosenfeld CEO of Kraft Foods Inc. brought over out of the sheer generosity of her heart

Jello.jpg

As things progressed people just got crazier and next thing you know topless men everywhere! Awwww YEA!!! :cool1:

coldie.jpg

Then OUT of nowhere... not sure how we didn't see it...possibly because we were mighty trashed a 90-foot tall pinata comes into view heres a picture of Erich imagining how much candy must be in it as he stares in awe.

awesome-2.jpg

pinata-1.jpg

So the after a while of incredible drunken wrecking ball pinata fun

2034521787_e2af71a190.jpg

Night time came and with night even more people kept coming it was getting out of hand!

aberdeen-street-party-homecoming-qu.jpg

crowd_Saturday_night.jpg

While as awesome as we are pushing 5000 people was getting a little bit crazy and things were getting knocked over and people were fighting then THIS guy showed up

n510308498_423928_3970.jpg

William Arthur Bostad IV quite possible the only human (?) to be more awesome then myself or Erich once he got there people stopped fighting and things became really awesome.

partyhardex0.jpg

After a bit some of my fellow Red lobster compatriots showed up and the Lobster Knife fights began (no animals were harmed in the making of awesome)

lobster-fightthumbnail.jpg

After a good 3 days of non-stop partying SOMEBODY had to go and ruin it

IMG_3589.jpg

Let this be a lesson to not Drink heavily after consuming 90 foot tall pinata full of candy while partying for 3 days straight!!

n617345103_3255824_9606.jpg

So we dragged the poor guy outside and let him sleep it off. Everyone started to take off around this time but wow what a party!!! pirate:

Later that day we found Jurassic Park or something but thats another story

lol1002.jpg

Lessa, I've never eaten anything in Norway, and while I normally can skip a pastry, that looks divine. Yum, cream! :)

Beautiful pictures, sorry the monorail never came. :goodvibes

Alek... Well... :rotfl2: Glad you had a fun time. :rotfl:

Lessa, I've never eaten anything in Norway, and while I normally can skip a pastry, that looks divine. Yum, cream! :)

Beautiful pictures, sorry the monorail never came. :goodvibes

Alek... Well... :rotfl2: Glad you had a fun time. :rotfl:

Definitely try it CE, it is so good, you will not regret it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter