The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

That sounds like a lovely, relaxing late afternoon. The dinner looks delish - this is not something I'd ever considered, but we might have to next time. :)

That is the great thing about having been a couple times and knowing that you will be coming back, you don't have that impulse to be constantly go,go,go. Instead you can slow down, relax and not feel guilty about just soaking in the atmosphere.

I definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone who is looking at making an ADR in the MK. The food is excellent and there is something for everyone on the menu. :thumbsup2

I haven't been to the Plaza since 2002. It was great. I think I'll have to try it again soon.

So sorry about your feet. As i get..err..olderish :rotfl: I have more pain everytime I go to wdw and walk that much. I hate it. As far as the rash. Do you think you might be allergic to the sun?

I haven't been to the Plaza since 2002. It was great. I think I'll have to try it again soon.

So sorry about your feet. As i get..err..olderish :rotfl: I have more pain everytime I go to wdw and walk that much. I hate it. As far as the rash. Do you think you might be allergic to the sun?

I am still cursing those darn flip-flops. I should have just worn my Crocs from the get-go and I would have been pain free the whole trip. I learned my lesson though. :rolleyes:

Nope definitely not allergic to the sun, I sunbathe all the time here at home and never get a rash. It only showed up these past two trips to WDW....

I did figure out what the problem was the next day. ;)

Hi, I have to say that even with the day being as wet as it was Lessa and I had a great day, hey I rode Splash Mountain not once but three times as well as Thunder Mountain!!!.

I have to agree with Lessa, Disney knows how to create atmosphere at each turn, what I love must are the quiet out of way areas for one to seat back and relax for a bit, if you can't get back to the hotel; what has always surprised me, as how undiscovered they seem to be, as I have never seen anyone there. So it must be a well kept secret, I will never tell where my favorite quiet areas are;)

One of my favorite places to relax is at the Poly with a nice drink in hand, Lessa could not call me a lush, since she was partaking in some liquid refreshment as well :rotfl:the Grand Floridian is my second best place to relax with it grand scale elegance and ambience. I just love their bath shop they had a great sale going on that day, so while I was stocking up Lessa was taking some pictures of the lobby area. Once the spending spree was over Lessa and found a very comfortable couch and sat back and relaxed listening to the piano, it was so hard to ply ourselves off the cushions to head back over to the MK for our dinner reservations. I would love to stay here someday, not so sure about the Grimm Brothers, they seemed just a bit too relaxed and carefree on our visit a few years back. This is for you Rosie;)

D2075-1.jpg

D2078.jpg

Dinner was delicious, and I will certainly be eating here on our next trip. After dinner we headed back to our hotel, where we were in time to watch the two hour season finale of Criminal Minds, Groan.... I hate season finales and the cliffhangers.

another good update, that chicken does look good, and i t hink i will be grilling sometihng like that up this weekend...thanks for making me hungry

are we ever going to find out what rashes you up at disney, i am going with the soap they wash there towels in.

then youtold them and they gave you a free trip back again

I've been hearing good reviews of The Plaza. Might have to add that to my future list. :thumbsup2

Sure hope your feet get better soon!

another good update, that chicken does look good, and i t hink i will be grilling sometihng like that up this weekend...thanks for making me hungry

are we ever going to find out what rashes you up at disney, i am going with the soap they wash there towels in.

then youtold them and they gave you a free trip back again

Yep, you will discover the source of the rash, only have to get through the next park day. ;)

:laughing: Wouldn't that be nice if I got a free vacation because of an allergy. :cloud9:

I've been hearing good reviews of The Plaza. Might have to add that to my future list. :thumbsup2

Sure hope your feet get better soon!

You should definitely add The Plaza to your list Car, it is so good!

My feet :headache: They were a major pain in my patootie for many days. The blisters went away quickly enough but my feet were so tender, you would think I had done permanent damage.

hanks Beth
Hi, I have to say that even with the day being as wet as it was Lessa and I had a great day, hey I rode Splash Mountain not once but three times as well as Thunder Mountain!!!.

I have to agree with Lessa, Disney knows how to create atmosphere at each turn, what I love must are the quiet out of way areas for one to seat back and relax for a bit, if you can't get back to the hotel; what has always surprised me, as how undiscovered they seem to be, as I have never seen anyone there. So it must be a well kept secret, I will never tell where my favorite quiet areas are;)

One of my favorite places to relax is at the Poly with a nice drink in hand, Lessa could not call me a lush, since she was partaking in some liquid refreshment as well :rotfl:the Grand Floridian is my second best place to relax with it grand scale elegance and ambience. I just love their bath shop they had a great sale going on that day, so while I was stocking up Lessa was taking some pictures of the lobby area. Once the spending spree was over Lessa and found a very comfortable couch and sat back and relaxed listening to the piano, it was so hard to ply ourselves off the cushions to head back over to the MK for our dinner reservations. I would love to stay here someday, not so sure about the Grimm Brothers, they seemed just a bit too relaxed and carefree on our visit a few years back. This is for you Rosie;)

D2075-1.jpg

D2078.jpg

Dinner was delicious, and I will certainly be eating here on our next trip. After dinner we headed back to our hotel, where we were in time to watch the two hour season finale of Criminal Minds, Groan.... I hate season finales and the cliffhangers.
Thanks Beth I needed a Bros Grimm fix !!!:laughing: Those 2 would cut up anywhere !!! And I love it!!:lmao:

Lessa I got blisters this trip too !! I think it was the constant wet feet !! Cuz I wear the same sandals around here and NO problem!!:confused3

I am anxious to find out the Rash Reason!!!:worship:You CLIFF HANGER YOU!!!!
:rotfl:

hanks Beth
Thanks Beth I needed a Bros Grimm fix !!!:laughing: Those 2 would cut up anywhere !!! And I love it!!:lmao:

Lessa I got blisters this trip too !! I think it was the constant wet feet !! Cuz I wear the same sandals around here and NO problem!!:confused3

I am anxious to find out the Rash Reason!!!:worship:You CLIFF HANGER YOU!!!!
:rotfl:

Yep, I am sure the constant wetness had something to do with it.

I forgot to mention that I'm with you on the Contemporary. I have absolutely zero interest to stay there.

Great update! :thumbsup2 The Pina CoLava looks yummy! :)The Plaza sounds good to, I will have to try it next time! Hope your feet feel better for the next day! Too cool about the building with the singing and tap lessons - love those extra touches! :goodvibes

Your feet sound so painful Lessa but your evening sounds lovely and the food looks delicious. Good job you kept your cinnamon roll :rotfl:

Great update! :thumbsup2 The Pina CoLava looks yummy! :)The Plaza sounds good to, I will have to try it next time! Hope your feet feel better for the next day! Too cool about the building with the singing and tap lessons - love those extra touches! :goodvibes

Definitely give The Plaza a try. :thumbsup2

Your feet sound so painful Lessa but your evening sounds lovely and the food looks delicious. Good job you kept your cinnamon roll :rotfl:

Oh man they hurt so much! This was bad so I can only imagine how people like Mo with foot issues deal. :eek:

Yep, no way I was letting that CM steal my roll away from me. :rotfl:

I am (probably temporarily) able to read/post on the DIS, so I'm posting while I can! LOL

Wonderful update, Lessa! I'm sorry about your feet - sounds painful :sad1: We loved the Plaza too - that was the only other table service restaurant we went to, other than an ADR at CM. I remember it being very relaxing and pretty inside :goodvibes

Good for you for holding on to your cinnamon roll - what on earth was that CM thinking? Who in their right mind would just hand over a MS Bakery cinnamon roll? :rotfl:

Looking forward to reading (and hopefully posting on) your next update popcorn::

I am (probably temporarily) able to read/post on the DIS, so I'm posting while I can! LOL

Wonderful update, Lessa! I'm sorry about your feet - sounds painful :sad1: We loved the Plaza too - that was the only other table service restaurant we went to, other than an ADR at CM. I remember it being very relaxing and pretty inside :goodvibes

Good for you for holding on to your cinnamon roll - what on earth was that CM thinking? Who in their right mind would just hand over a MS Bakery cinnamon roll? :rotfl:

Looking forward to reading (and hopefully posting on) your next update popcorn::

Glad you were able to get on The Dis for awhile!

:laughing: Yeah, silly CM thinking he could trick me into handing over my cinnamon roll. ;)

We sat down in the quiet street that juts off of Main St. There was nobody back there at all, it was like we were all alone in the park.

D3169.jpg

D3170.jpg

D3171.jpg

D3172.jpg

As we were sitting there we heard singing coming from somewhere. We looked around and realized it was coming from one of the windows that was marked Voice Lessons, what a neat touch! After the singing lesson we then heard some tap dancing as the studio also offered dance lessons. I love Disney, they are all about the details, most of the time you wouldn't even notice these small touches but they do them anyway and it is always a thrill when you discover something new. :thumbsup2

D3173.jpg

What a great Disney moment you had...what a great find. Definitely going to be seeking this place out the next time I'm there....thanks for the info:thumbsup2

Lessa said:
Mom ordered The Plaza Club - smoked ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise layered on toasted multi-grain bread

D3179.jpg

I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken breast topped with shaved ham and swiss cheese served on a flour-dusted Kaiser

D3180.jpg

:cloud9:

So good, so good, SO GOOD! I could have eaten that for dinner every night and would have been in heaven. So so yummy.

That food looks great...Hmmmm...Plaza Restaurant.......may have to go on the list.

Sorry about the feet and the rash.:sad2:

Our wake-up call was nice and early since we were planning on tracking down a drugstore before hitting the Animal Kingdom.

Mom went down to the food court to fill the mug while I got ready for the day and munched on my cinnamon roll that I had bought the previous evening on Main St.

D4001.jpg

It was still pouring down rain so I skipped the sunscreen that day, no use putting it on when you are going to be wearing a poncho around all day. The past three years every time we go to AK it is raining! :mad:

Mom returned to the room with directions to a Walgreens. The gift shop gave her a card that had driving directions to all sorts of local destinations you might want to find such as malls, outlet stores, grocery stores and drug stores.

I had a little fit when I saw that the lid for the mug was missing. Mom said it must have blown off. I admit that I was a bit of a witch and "lectured" her about snapping it on and what good is a travel mug without a lid. Not my proudest moment. I am not a morning person at all so do not irritate me when I first wake up or I will probably blow up at you! :lmao: Mom has lived with me for almost 26 years now so I guess she is used to my morning tantrums. ;)

All dressed and ready for the day we braved the rain and made a mad dash to the car. Following the directions on the card we found a Walgreens no problem and to our delight there was a Publix right across the street. I was so glad to know where a grocery store other than Goodings was. Goodings is where we have always gone but it is expensive and well for being a tourist grocery store it doesn't look very nice. I am not only a hotel snob but a grocery store snob too. :snooty:

Mom and I browsed the allergy section and decided that I should not only get Benadryl in pill form but that I should also get the skin cream. The pills would come in handy even if they didn't clear the rash as Benadryl always puts me to sleep and I had not been sleeping well this trip.

I also picked up some blister bandaids and then some "Tough" bandaids to put over those for my feet. The blister bandaids were supposed to help heal the blister more quickly and I got the Tough bandaids because they claimed to be water resistant so I used those to over the blister one so that it would not rub off as easily.

Purchases in hand we made the short trip to the Animal Kingdom where we were very early for rope drop. There were only a few cars there before us. Before heading out into the rain I made sure to spread my Benadryl cream all over my arms and legs. I opted not to take the pills yet as I did not want to nod off in the middle of riding Expedition Everest. :lmao:

Ponchos on we made our way into the park.

Surprisingly they had a photopass photographer out so we grabbed a picture.

Image249.jpg

Image253.jpg

We made our way right up to the rope on the left hand side so as to be closer to the path that leads to the safari. Unfortunately that gave us an obstructed view of the rope drop ceremony. Not that I could get really great pictures anyways as I was having to hold the camera in the sleeve of my poncho in an attempt to keep it dry while still taking pictures.

D4002.jpg

D4003.jpg

D4004.jpg

D4006.jpg

D4010.jpg

D4013.jpg

Mickey came out too but he was too far away in front of the Tree of Life so I could not get a picture of him.

As soon as the rope dropped we were on our way to the safari. This is always the first thing we do when at Animal Kingdom. We are creatures of habit.

We pretty much walked right on, no wait at all.

D4015.jpg

D4017.jpg

There were a lot of babies out that day but the only one I was able to get a decent picture of was the giraffe.

D4019.jpg

D4022.jpg

D4023.jpg

D4025.jpg

D4027.jpg

D4028.jpg

Click here to continue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter