The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

All caught up again. I love the Poly lounge. What a great place to relax after a tiring and wet day!

ahhhh the poly. I miss it! I could go for one of those drinks right about now.

I want to stay there on our 2012 trip, I made the mistake of telling Erich about AKL concierge and the Sunrise Safari. Now he thinks we should stay there instead of the Poly.

I am loving all the PP borders this year. It seems like there was a bit more variety.

Sorry your feet were still bothering you.:hug:

Your PP photos are lovely, you look nice not washed out at all!

I agree the Contemporary is not my choice either but then I'm not a Poly fan either, I know, I know :rotfl:

How cool you got to ride in the front, pity it was such a short trip!

I am loving all the PP borders this year. It seems like there was a bit more variety.

Sorry your feet were still bothering you.:hug:

I was so pleased with all the border options this year, a lot more than in 08 and 07.

My feet will be a recurring theme throughout this report. :headache:

Your PP photos are lovely, you look nice not washed out at all!

I agree the Contemporary is not my choice either but then I'm not a Poly fan either, I know, I know :rotfl:

How cool you got to ride in the front, pity it was such a short trip!

I think I would like to stay at all the resorts except for :

1) Contemporary (unless I had a MK tower view and somebody else was paying)
2) POFQ
3) All-Stars (looks pretty much the same as POP but older and smaller food court etc.)
4) Ft. Wilderness - I don't really do "camping"

All other resorts area a go for me

You look cute -- don't be so hard on yourself! The Minnie ears are a fabulous wet hair accessory.

It's so fun that you got to ride at the front of the monorail and that cocktail looks so yummy!

Nice Update Lessa! I love your Photopass pics! I don't think you look washed up or out!:goodvibes ITA about Contemporary - I just want a unique experience when i stay at Disney - it's just too ordinary for me. Now your drinks at the Poly look TDF!

You look cute -- don't be so hard on yourself! The Minnie ears are a fabulous wet hair accessory.

It's so fun that you got to ride at the front of the monorail and that cocktail looks so yummy!

I have very low self-esteem when it comes to my appearance, I can't help but be hard on myself. :rolleyes:

Riding at the front of the monorail was fun, especially since it was a surprise and not something that we asked for.

Nice Update Lessa! I love your Photopass pics! I don't think you look washed up or out!:goodvibes ITA about Contemporary - I just want a unique experience when i stay at Disney - it's just too ordinary for me. Now your drinks at the Poly look TDF!

That is how I felt about the Contemporary, it didn't have any kind of personality. I have stayed at a Hilton and a Holiday Inn that had more personality than the Contemporary. I guess my beef with it is that if you are dishing out the kind of money that they charge for their rooms it should be a little more magical. It has its die-hard fans though so I guess it can't be all bad. :confused3

Hi Lessa !! I agree about the Contempary!!I just don't care for it !! To be honest I lke Pop!! I don't like the spread out feeling at the mods and Dlxs !! I got lost at AKL!!!:lmao: I haven't been to the Poly yet!! I do like PepperMarket at CSR but again it is tooooo spread out for me !!

I think I would like to stay at all the resorts except for :
4) Ft. Wilderness - I don't really do "camping"

All other resorts area a go for me[/color]
ohh nnoooooo nooo noooo

camping rules...

you guys could try the cabins out there, everything is furnished excpet your food in them i think, FWis a pretty coool place to stay, :goodvibes

Hi Lessa !! I agree about the Contempary!!I just don't care for it !! To be honest I lke Pop!! I don't like the spread out feeling at the mods and Dlxs !! I got lost at AKL!!!:lmao: I haven't been to the Poly yet!! I do like PepperMarket at CSR but again it is tooooo spread out for me !!

Really? I think Pop is pretty spread out as well, just spread out in a more linear fashion whereas the others sort of curve and wind around. The nice thing about the deluxe resorts is that everything is under one roof like at AKL and WL or requires minimum time outside to get from building to building. This is especially nice when it rains. I also am a big fan of the indoor corridors, makes me feel a bit safer.

ohh nnoooooo nooo noooo

camping rules...

you guys could try the cabins out there, everything is furnished excpet your food in them i think, FWis a pretty coool place to stay, :goodvibes

:laughing: I don't know, a campground entitled Ft Wilderness implies that you may come upon some "wilderness". I am not a fan of bugs and snakes and other things you may encounter in a campground. :scared1:

We of course ordered up some drinks. Mom and I both got a Pina CoLava, so good!

D3149.jpg

Hi, Lessa!
That drink looks SOOO yummy! Do you know what it's made of? It looks a lot like the Bon Voyage drink that we had on our last cruise (it was a half Pina Colada and half Strawberry Daquiri). Ever since then, it's become my VERY favorite drink. Of course it's called something different everywhere you go. I had one at Planet Hollywood, and it was called a "Legally Blonde". I sure hope they have them on the ship again, and if the one you had happens to be the same drink, then I'm definitely going to be visiting the Poly for more than just to eat at 'Ohana!!!

Loving the TR by the way...You're pictures are great...I always love reading what you write. Can't wait to see more!:thumbsup2

Hi, Lessa!
That drink looks SOOO yummy! Do you know what it's made of? It looks a lot like the Bon Voyage drink that we had on our last cruise (it was a half Pina Colada and half Strawberry Daquiri). Ever since then, it's become my VERY favorite drink. Of course it's called something different everywhere you go. I had one at Planet Hollywood, and it was called a "Legally Blonde". I sure hope they have them on the ship again, and if the one you had happens to be the same drink, then I'm definitely going to be visiting the Poly for more than just to eat at 'Ohana!!!

Loving the TR by the way...You're pictures are great...I always love reading what you write. Can't wait to see more!:thumbsup2

Here's what AllEars has on it, it is super yummy and you should definitely try one!

Pour layer of Island Oasis Raspberry in empty glass. Build remaining ingredients in blender over ice, freeze & pour over raspberry.

1.25 ounces Bacardi Razz
3 ounces Bacardi Pina Colada
1 ounce Island Oasis Raspberry

That's awesome that you got to sit in the front of the monorail. I've never done that before. I've always wanted to, but I'm too shy to ask. So cool that they asked you.

Your drink looks very yummy!

That's awesome that you got to sit in the front of the monorail. I've never done that before. I've always wanted to, but I'm too shy to ask. So cool that they asked you.

Your drink looks very yummy!

Honestly I don't think I would ever ask to sit upfront either, too shy.

The Pina CoLave is one of my fav drinks. It was eclipsed later on in the trip by something even yummier!

Honestly I don't think I would ever ask to sit upfront either, too shy.

You shouldn't be shy about it. They really don't mind. Each time I'm with someone who hasn't had the experience yet I ask. People get all freaked out like I've got an in or something even when I tell them I don't. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter