The real Melbourne DISmeet Fri 7th October 2016

I'm interested :goodvibes

Not sure what my work situation will be by March, but I should be able to do an evening or weekend meet.

Zanzibar138 thanks for showing interest. It looks like we're aiming for early Feb shortly after school goes back as well as catching up with Caroline NZ when she is in town. We'll keep you posted when we have a few more details.

Zanzibar138 thanks for showing interest. It looks like we're aiming for early Feb shortly after school goes back as well as catching up with Caroline NZ when she is in town. We'll keep you posted when we have a few more details.

Oh, well in that case, same availability as long as it's before the 14th.

Oh, well in that case, same availability as long as it's before the 14th.

14th Feb, right. You're heading to Paris and HK, if I recall your PTR correctly.

We should factor in an early Feb meet with this date in mind, folks.

14th Feb, right. You're heading to Paris and HK, if I recall your PTR correctly.

You do indeed recall correctly PIO :goodvibes Would love to join in, but if it's too hard to make a time that suits me as well as everyone else, I'll just make sure I come along to the next one.

zanzibar138 said:
You do indeed recall correctly PIO :goodvibes Would love to join in, but if it's too hard to make a time that suits me as well as everyone else, I'll just make sure I come along to the next one.

I'm sure we'll be able to make it work.

Some time (no rush) I need a recom for an early dinner in the city or southbank area of Melbourne for the evening of 6 April. We are having a quick trip down to go to the MSO (playing the music of Pirates)-haven't organised flights yet-I figured could get a cheapie deal THEN find out its in the middle of school hols for Qld and Vic-no chance-duh! Good job DH approved the trip before I found that out now its too late ;)

Some time (no rush) I need a recom for an early dinner in the city or southbank area of Melbourne for the evening of 6 April. We are having a quick trip down to go to the MSO (playing the music of Pirates)-haven't organised flights yet-I figured could get a cheapie deal THEN find out its in the middle of school hols for Qld and Vic-no chance-duh! Good job DH approved the trip before I found that out now its too late ;)

What sort of food do you want to eat and how much do you want to pay? There are quite a few restaurants that you could be paying $$$ for. It just depends on what cuisine.

Southbank.

For a reasonable Italian meal, check out La Camera.
Otherwise, there is always the Blue Train.

Both are fairly low-key dining options.

Fed Square

Arintji - try their "finger food"/tapas options for dishes to share.

City

MoViDa is close enough. You'll probably need to go early; they don't really take bookings.

Both of the last two are more tapas style food. MoViDa is a little bit more expensive.

Aussie Wendy, PIO has given you some good selections. Melbourne really is a food lovers paradise! Location wise, Hamer Hall is easily accessible to Southbank (next door), Fed Square (across the road and up a bit), and the city (5 min tram ride that stops out the front). Before I chime in, are you after a light meal with desert after the show or something more substantial? Do you have a preferred type of cuisine or one that you want to stay clear of? Too many choices!

Thanks very much PIO and Minniemum. I think the too many choices is my problem! A bewildering array and didn't know what ones locals would recom, and don't have the time for an exhaustive internet search as busy researching similar for the OS trip! We are all small eaters so tend to just eat mains and share a desert or entree+desert. Open to any food type really though probably not Indian. Have noted PIO recoms thanks. The tapas type places may suit our smaller appetites! Since we have the big overseas trip in May and this was an added extra, aiming to keep expenses down so not an expensive night. We also prefer a light bite prior rather than waiting for a full meal afterwards-quite likely we will have some food first and have coffee and desert somewhere else afterwards (if DD and I can stop DH bolting for the hotel room-he doesn't get our concept of extending a night out!!).

Aussie Wendy - Hamer Hall has just re-opened after 2 or 3 years worth of refurb. There are a number of "shops" along the riverfront side of Hamer Hall that weren't opened yet in November. There should be at least 2restaurants there. I haven't walked along there lately, so I don't know if they have opened or not. I think one of them was a Japanese place.

There is also the food court at the bottom of southbank, if you were looking to keep the costs down. You'll find the usual selection there.

Remind me again? Did we decide on one in Feb for Melbourne and one in March for the ANZAC meet?

Folks - just confirming if the 9th Feb suits. Minniemum...I'm not sure if you checked your PM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter