The real Melbourne DISmeet Fri 7th October 2016

Minniemum

DIS Veteran
Anyone interested in a Melbourne DISmeet? Surely if Sydney and SE QLD can organise one, we can too :confused3

Good luck and hope you all have a great time when you all get to meet up.

It's a shame that Australia is so big and airfares are so expensive otherwise I'd come down, too.

It's almost a year to the day that you started that thread. Sorry I never replied sooner! I'm happy to make the call and say let's do it in 2013! I think we could both rope a couple of others in. Dates?

:scratchin That February date could have still been an option; only now it's the 9th or 10th of Feb...which is Chinese New Year weekend.

Did you want to do it BC (before Christmas) or after the new year?

It could be a more 'intimate'...er....smaller....crowd than our Northern Dis-sers; so a proposed date might be easier to sort out.

Let's wait a day or two to see if anyone else bites and then we can PM to sort out date/location.

I would be interested - but if it was before Christmas that would be stretching the friendship - my calandar as of tomorrow afternoon is somewhat crazy.

Some time in the new year would be best - Jan - Feb even March :wave2:

Gosh - I'd like to come too!! Shame it's so far south! OK - I can always see if I can swing a weekend off..!! :)
Keep us informed!

I am there for a long weekend in March.....

Ohhh.....Our very first ANZAC DisMeet. :thumbsup2

I would be interested - but if it was before Christmas that would be stretching the friendship - my calandar as of tomorrow afternoon is somewhat crazy.

Some time in the new year would be best - Jan - Feb even March :wave2:

I vote we do one in early Feb after school's gone in. If we get it right, maybe we can do a Thursday?....in the city?

And if Caroline's schedule allows, we should try and do the first ANZAC DisMeet when she's in town.

Gosh - I'd like to come too!! Shame it's so far south! OK - I can always see if I can swing a weekend off..!! :)
Keep us informed!

The Anzac DisMeet could be good in March.

Caroline....are you here for the Moomba...er....Labour Day weekend?

Why don't you all head up for a weekend on the Gold Coast and join our meet :thumbsup2

A bit of fun in the :sunny:

:beach:

No body scanners in Melbourne airport (yet). :teeth:

PrincessInOz said:
Ohhh.....Our very first ANZAC DisMeet. :thumbsup2

I vote we do one in early Feb after school's gone in. If we get it right, maybe we can do a Thursday?....in the city?

And if Caroline's schedule allows, we should try and do the first ANZAC DisMeet when she's in town.

The Anzac DisMeet could be good in March.

Caroline....are you here for the Moomba...er....Labour Day weekend?

No body scanners in Melbourne airport (yet). :teeth:

Thanks for taking the lead here PIO. Feb with Zaccy and March with Caroline NZ both sound great.

Hjd0411, you would be a welcome guest whenever you decide to visit.

Aussietravellers, we usually head to the GC during the April school holidays. A weekend away in January could be doable though, just need to check DH's schedule.

I will be there 14-18 March. Could do evenings of 14/15/16/17. Or lunch on the 15th. During the day will be out on 16/17 as we will be at the race all day.

Oh and we are staying near the Sth Yarra Railway station, so the city or Sth Yarra would be good for me :-)

I will be there 14-18 March. Could do evenings of 14/15/16/17. Or lunch on the 15th. During the day will be out on 16/17 as we will be at the race all day.

Oh and we are staying near the Sth Yarra Railway station, so the city or Sth Yarra would be good for me :-)

That could work. There is Outpost Cafe (part of the St Ali group); and it is located at 9 Yarra Street.

(Just in case you're anywhere close by....they do a good coffee).

That could work. There is Outpost Cafe (part of the St Ali group); and it is located at 9 Yarra Street.

(Just in case you're anywhere close by....they do a good coffee).

Fantastic. thanks for the recommendation PIO, we are staying at 7 Yarra Street, so I guess you coud call that close! ( I don't drink coffee, but love a good hot choc or tea, DH however would walk over hot coals for a good coffee)

Caroline NZ said:

With all those dates/times we'll definitely get something to work.

Have you been to Melbourne before?

Yes I have been 3-4 times before, but only for a few days at a time for specific events (so I have not done any exploring at all)

Who's in your traveling party? If you like I can come up with some ideas of things to see and do. Would it be ok to PM you?

Who's in your traveling party? If you like I can come up with some ideas of things to see and do. Would it be ok to PM you?

It is me, DH & DS 11 (DD 8 is staying home with the grandparents as car racing is not her thing) .
To be honest the boys will be deleriously happy being fulltime at the Grand Prix, as it is their passion, for the 4 days. But I would love to hear your recommendations, so a PM would be great :thumbsup2

Caroline NZ said:
It is me, DH & DS 11 (DD 8 is staying home with the grandparents as car racing is not her thing) .
To be honest the boys will be deleriously happy being fulltime at the Grand Prix, as it is their passion, for the 4 days. But I would love to hear your recommendations, so a PM would be great :thumbsup2

Will do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter