>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. hotblooded

hotblooded Mouseketeer

I'm so jealous of your purple one! I wish they'd used it as one of the default colors.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mathgeek

mathgeek DIS Veteran

End of March 2007. IIRC I was there at the start of the switch. They started with the All-Stars and then brought them to the other resorts as they ran out of the resort specific mugs.

4. Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy&Grumpy Is there any better place to live than Mickey's ba

Can mugs be refilled at the Sand Bar at the Contemporary or do we have to go inside to Contempo Cafe?

5. luvmikids

luvmikids DIS Veteran

not sure if this the right discussion thread but do refillable mugs come with the free dining plan? we will be staying at the CBR in Oct. we have the basic dining not deluxe or quick serve... any insight?

6. princesspooh323

princesspooh323 Mouseketeer

7. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

The mugs come with all the dining plans; it doesn't matter if you're getting free dining or paying for it.

8. Maxtrexmom

Maxtrexmom Earning My Ears

When do the new 2012 mugs come out?

9. hardingk

hardingk DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

They are out...they didn't change from 2011.

10. Bethpremier

Bethpremier Kidanites Unite!

So Im guessing the mugs still have the pool scene on them? I was hoping for resort specific mugs.

11. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Yep, still the pool scene.

12. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

They haven't had resort specific mugs for 5 years; I would tend to doubt that they're going to bring them back.

13. Wendy&Grumpy

Where can mugs be filled at the Contemporary? We're planning on spending July 4th at the pool... can we fill our mugs at the Sand Bar?

14. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

They can provide that information when you check in there.

15. modmama

modmama Mouseketeer

The sticky on this thread has an old pic of the mugs, but has the price been updated? Is it still $14 for a refillable mug?

Also, are there multiple places in a resort to get your mug refilled, or is it just in the restaurant? We're staying at AoA and I am trying to decide if mugs are worth it, esp since I don't really want my kids drinking 7up all week (or Sprite, whichever, you know what I mean). :)

16. Wendy&Grumpy

Thanks, but I asked here so that we can make plans before we check in!

Does anyone know if our mugs can be filled at the Sand Bar at the Contemporary?

17. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

I believe the price of the mugs is now $14.49.

Typically, the only place to fill a refillable mug is at a resort's food court, but AoA has a refill station at the pool bar. Also, AoA does have Minute Maid lemonade, at least in the food court.

18. dwheatl

dwheatl DIS Veteran<br><font color=limegreen>Can you tell

Hi friends! Our trip is less than 3 weeks away, and I'm just trying to get a few more things figured out. I've tried searching through the thread, but haven't found the answer to this. Is a full mug allowed on the bus to the parks? It's been 6 years since our last trip to WDW (that sounds like Confession, doesn't it?) and I can't remember if food/drinks are allowed on the bus. I need one more coffee "for the road." Oh, and thanks to everyone who gave info or posted photos on this thread. Almost all of my questions were answered.

19. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

A mug with a lid is allowed on Disney buses, but food is a big no-no. And be aware that technically drinks are not allowed on the buses either, but it is a rare bus driver that will enforce that rule. Still, I wouldn't try to bring a cup on without a lid.

20. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Actually, the bus driver may ask you to empty your mug before you get on the bus since no food or drink is permitted to be consumed on the bus. And those refillable mugs aren't that secure that they won't leak or spill on the bus.

21. Stoneham92

Stoneham92 Mouseketeer

Last time I used a refill mug at Boardwalk Bakery I would bring the mug but they would give me the coffee in a paper cup. Do they still do this or do they actually fill your mug?