• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had pretzel goldfish and leftover Bruschetta Chicken. The chicken was fabulous. Basically, you dice onion, garlic, basil and seeded tomatoes and toss with a dash of olive oil and balsamic. You then bread chicken with crushed cornflakes, parmesan and Italian seasoning and bake until done, top with Bruschetta mix and bake 2-3 minutes, just to warm the mix. Some of us put more parmesan on top of that, too. Yesterday we had pasta with mushrooms with it, but that's gone. :)

I will post the real recipe when I have time to look it up for specifics. I am trying to get lessons and grading done since I'm taking off Wednesday of next week. (We're off Tues, Thurs and Fri and I thought it would be a good time to go to WDW!) I am trying to do laundry so I'll have clothes to pack on Sunday since I have to work until 9:30 on Monday night and get up at 4 to go to DISNEY! I am so overwhelmed (but excited, too! :) )

I am going to try to remember to *ask* for recipes in WDW. If we all do, maybe we'll get some great ones to try when we get back! :)

tammyandtommy said:
update: his thought was it was clear and had bubbles! ROFL

male logic (I think that's an oxymoron) ;)

It's a cute and funny little story.

Tonight I am making us homemade pizza. Canadian bacon and pineapple for my husband, black olives and sauteed cremini mushrooms for me :)

WFD at your house?

I like to call these Bite-sizeBarbeque Pork Chops...

Use 2 bonless pork chops (or more depending on how many you are feeding...when I made this recipe, it was just my wife and I eating), cut them in strips and then cut those in half, hopefully getting all the pieces roughly the same size...

Then put all the pieces in a bowl and sprinkle liberally with paprika, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix it all together, then be sure to wash!!

Heat a non-stick skillet with a little veggie oil and saute the pork until it's done. Get out your bbq sauce (I'm a HUGE fan of Sweet Baby Rays) And squirt some over the pork to cover all the pieces. At this point you just want to heat up the sauce on the pork.

And that's it! I served these with a little Stove Top Stuffing (BIG FAN!!) and we were good to go! It's quick easy and delicious!

I'm thinking of trying this same recipe with chicken except serving it over rice....mmmmmmmm!!!!

TigerKat said:
Hence my screen name "Tiger"Kat. I LOVE LSU, hopefully one day my DS will play baseball there, that's his dream!!!
Well, come the day after Thanksgiving there might be a little rivalry here--from this loyal Arkansas Razorback!!! :rotfl:

Tonight I think will be King Ranch Chicken casserole (it's on the 1st page and one of my old favs!) Last night we ended up having some baked chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes (instant out of a box--ick!)

tammyandtommy--what a cute story--my DH would have done the same thing!

tammyandtommy ~ Hey, at least he cooks for you. In the 15 years since my DH and I have been together the closest he ever came to cooking anything for me was ordering Chinese.

Today is my last day to cook until Sunday when we get home. I'm making BBQ chicken leg quarters, teriyaki noodles, and broccoli. An odd combination, but that's all I have left in the house.

nucpharm29 said:
Well, come the day after Thanksgiving there might be a little rivalry here--from this loyal Arkansas Razorback!!! :rotfl:

I'll be in Disney, but you're on! I think we'll be carrying home "the Boot"!! :rotfl:

Oops, almost forgot to post WFD!! I'm trying a new recipe from allrecipes - Beefy Baked Ravioli, sounds yummy. With it I'll probably do a caeser salad and garlic bread.

DH "ordered" me to stay out of the kitchen this weekend, so that he can complete our damage repairs from the storm. Actually this is just some upgrading that we chose to do. The new cabinets and countertops will be done!! So I will just be lurking for the next few days on this thread.

Have a great weekend everyone and

LINDSAY - Have a magical time!!!!!! pixiedust:

I did not make the buffalo chicken appy last night. DD picked up some little tart thingd because we wanted to check out the Disney Store.. Got a 15% coupon and a snow globe if you spent $50. I got some shopping done and 3 snow globes to share.

The chicken in the crock pot was really good. I thickened the broth to make a gravy and left it so that themy DH could help himself after he came in from cutting wood. We will have it tonite becasue there was a lot left.

tonight I am making chicken enchilladas - the chicken is in the crockpot with the enchillada sauce - just needs assembly after work.

Last night we had our bible study group for dinner - so we did a meal of appetizers - taco dip, pigs in a blanket, taquitos, mini- quiche and lots of desserts.

Tonight I'm hosting my book club. That means DH and the kiddies get banished to the basement for a pizza party! If I have time (ha, ha) I'll make the pizza for them, but most likely I'll order from Domino's. Around here on Thursday nights, Domino's donates money to our local school based on the orders put in that night. Makes me feel like I'm doing my part for the school.

I am making treats for book club. I'm making pumpkin bread, and apricot pumpkin cake. Hopefully they'll taste good on a nippy fall night.

Tonight is catfish and broccoli with cheese!!!!!! I am so looking foward to dinner.............

Glynis--care to share your Apricot pumpkin cake recipe?? Sounds yummo!

Have fun at DW Lindsay! :) :goodvibes :wizard: Hope you do a trip report!

For dinner we're having a burrito bake. For dessert we're having a chocolate pudding pie. So easy and so good! Have I posted this recipe? I'll do it now, just in case I haven't.

Easy Pudding Pie

1 box instant pudding (your choice) prepare as directed
1/2 a regular sized container of Cool Whip (fold into pudding mixture after it has gelled)
1 graham cracker crust (pour pudding mixture w/ Cool Whip into pie crust)

Refrigerate for and hour or so before serving. Yummy!

3 days until we leave for WDW! :dance3::dancer:

Tonight we are having breakfast for dinnner. I'm making Canadian bacon and cheese scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and cinnamon sugar biscuits (sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on biscuits before baking, serve with honey. The ULTIMATE comfort food!).

WFD at your house?

TGIF--It probably pizza night here--DS's bday party is tomorrow so I have to spend the day cleaning and getting ready. DMIL is flying in for the party, so I really have to get this place tidy!

I forgot to post this yesterday. I made this last nite with a lot of tweaking to this recipe. (see changes below)

SKILLET SWEET PORK TENDERLOIN AND CABBAGE

1 lb. pork tenderloin slices
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 c. tomato juice
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 - 1 tsp. salt
3-5 c. coarsely cut cabbage
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper

Trim excess fat from chops. Brown in large skillet in a small amount of oil. Combine and add remaining ingredients except cabbage. Cover and cook at high heat until steaming freely. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes or until chops are tender. Add cabbage; cover and cook 10 minutes longer. Remove chops and toss cabbage in sauce. Serves 6.

I didn't slice the pork tenderloin, kept it whole. Instead of tom. juice I used a jar of spaghetti sauce, left out the soy & vinegar. Added some cajun seasoning & fresh basil. I started it on the stove, but then put it in a 350 degree over for about 45 minutes. I served it over polenta (the kind in the tube) that I sliced & pan-fried in olive oil. It didn't take very long & was delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter