The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 days until we leave for WDW!! WOO HOO! :)

Tonight I am making the Ritz Parmesan Chicken (see page 1). I am making some teriyaki rice (I'm cheating and making something pre-packaged) and baby green peas to go with it.

WFD at your house?

Baked stuffed pork chops (thick cut), mashed potato and baby green peas. One of my family's favorite meals!

Lindsay, I'm excited for you!

Last night the casserole was soooooo good! I used a recipe from Allrecipes that really needed to be tweeked but afterthos cooks got done with it and some changes of my own, it rocked. If anyone wants it I will try to post it. ( I seldom measure anything, so recipes are a little hard for me)

Tonite I am using Glynis' pot roast recipe but substituting chicken boneless skinless thighs and chicken gravy mix. Onions, carrots and maybe potatoes. I liked egg noodles with the pot roast. You know I forgot to take out the chicken yesterday, so I had to thaw in the microwave, and will finish in the crock pot.

Ladies, any ideas for a last minute pot luck at work? My DD's department is having one tomorrow, just decided today, and the mgr is ordering pizza. DD usually brings an entree to make sure that there is something she can eat...no red meat for her... but maybe you all might have some other ideas for an appy or side that is different but practical to bring to an office.

Tonight will be something with chicken--I need to head to the store this afternoon, so maybe I'll come up with something before then!

Lindsay--4 days!!! WooHoo!!! :woohoo:

Nancy--here is an app. that is standby at our house--it's really yummy, and I take it everywhere

Buffalo Chicken Dip (it's been nicknamed "Wings in a Bowl")

2-3 Boneless chicken breasts
1 14-16ounce bottle Franks Red hot
1 Jar Blue cheese dressing (T. Marzetti's is the best)
1-2 cups mozzerella cheese

Poach the chicken breasts in water or Chicken broth until no longer pink in middle. Let the chicken cool slightly, and then shred the breasts. Put the chicken in a saucepan and pour the hot sauce over the chicken. Allow to simmer for 45 minutes. Place the chicken mix in a baking dish. Cover with blue cheese dressing and top with moz. cheese. Bake until bubbly!

We serve this with baguette slices or tortilla chips. It is yummy!

Lindsay - I'm excited for you, I've got a few weeks yet!!! :Pinkbounc

Tonight I'm doing Bahama Mama Pork Chops, if you like Caribbean flavors, this is great! I'll also do packaged caribbean rice and a salad!

TXTink - I'll be posting the cajun chicken later today!!

TigerKat said:
Lindsay - I'm excited for you, I've got a few weeks yet!!! :Pinkbounc

Tonight I'm doing Bahama Mama Pork Chops, if you like Caribbean flavors, this is great! I'll also do packaged caribbean rice and a salad!

TXTink - I'll be posting the cajun chicken later today!!
Thanks!! :banana:

I still have no idea what I am doing for dinner, maybe I'll be inspired while I'm cleaning house.... :crazy:

I think I'm going to make a frittata. Warm biscuits. That's what I'm in the mood for today. :)

LindsayDunn228 said:
4 days until we leave for WDW!! WOO HOO! :)

Tonight I am making the Ritz Parmesan Chicken (see page 1). I am making some teriyaki rice (I'm cheating and making something pre-packaged) and baby green peas to go with it.

WFD at your house?

Hi!

We'll be at WDW the same time! Dh and I will be there Nov 8-11 - we are staying at POP.

I believe Zandy595 will be there too!!! :dance3:

I have NO idea what we are having for dinner tonight! :confused3

Tonight is chicken with peach stuffing, corn, and something else, but I have no idea what!

nucpharm29 said:
Buffalo Chicken Dip (it's been nicknamed "Wings in a Bowl")

Thank you! This sounds so yummy and it's different from what I usually make. I have everything in the house to make this, DD already signed up for it. Do you think it can be baked in the morning and then reheated at work later in the day?

Creamy Cajun Chicken with Pasta

1 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. margarine
4 boneless, skinless breasts
1 Tbps. Paul Prudhomme's Cajun Magic poultry seasoning or if you can't get it:
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. each onion powder, sage, black pepper and white pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper

1/3 c. chopped green onions
1 c. whipping cream
12 oz. thin spaghetti, cooked
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
freshly grated parmesan cheese

Cook garlic in margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in chicken and seasoning mix; cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in green onions; cook 1 minute more. Add cream, increase heat to high and boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Combine chicken mixture, pasta and parsley in a serving bowl and pass the parmesan. Enjoy!!

lucas said:
Hi!

We'll be at WDW the same time! Dh and I will be there Nov 8-11 - we are staying at POP.

I believe Zandy595 will be there too!!! :dance3:
We'll be at Pop this Friday! Just a weekend trip though and we won't even be going to any Disney parks. :sad1: We're going to SeaWorld, but I wanted to stay on Disney property because I don't like staying anywhere else.

Cub scouts tonight so we're having a fast meal of fish fillet sandwiches, and peas.

TigerKat said:
Creamy Cajun Chicken with Pasta

1 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. margarine
4 boneless, skinless breasts
1 Tbps. Paul Prudhomme's Cajun Magic poultry seasoning or if you can't get it:
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. each onion powder, sage, black pepper and white pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper

1/3 c. chopped green onions
1 c. whipping cream
12 oz. thin spaghetti, cooked
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
freshly grated parmesan cheese

Cook garlic in margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in chicken and seasoning mix; cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in green onions; cook 1 minute more. Add cream, increase heat to high and boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Combine chicken mixture, pasta and parsley in a serving bowl and pass the parmesan. Enjoy!!
Oh my! That does sound good! Thank you so much for sharing, I can't wait to try it! :Pinkbounc

I think I can find Paul Prudhomme's poultry spice here, we are pretty close to Louisiana. I cook a lot with Tony's Chachere's and that can be hard to find in some places, but it is all over around here. I'm sure I'll enjoy adding Prudhomme's spices to my cooking arsenal! LOL

We love Louisiana cooking! I was born there, my parents live there now, and our youngest daughter goes to school at LSU!

Thanks again for the recipe! I'm sure I will be trying it very soon! :thumbsup2

Pepperoni Cheese Ravioli

1 pkg (25 oz) frozen cheese ravioli
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 pkg (3 1/2 oz) sliced pepperoni, diced
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup sour cream

Cook ravioli according to pkg directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute mushrooms, pepperoni and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and spices; heat through. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Drain ravioli; toss with cream sauce. 4-6 servings. Ready in 30 minutes or less!

I leave out the mushrooms and onions because my kids don't like them and it still tastes great! I also double the recipe to feed my family. Add salad and garlic bread. The spices give it a bit of a different flavor - more like pizza. My kids love this!!!

Zandy595 said:
We'll be at Pop on Friday! Just a weekend trip though and we won't even be going to any Disney parks. :sad1: We're going to SeaWorld, but I wanted to stay on Disney property because I don't like staying anywhere else.

Sounds like fun! We're going Wed night thru Sat. Maybe we'll cross paths on Friday. Let's compare notes when we get back to see what buildings we both stayed in! :thumbsup2

Nancyg56 said:
Thank you! This sounds so yummy and it's different from what I usually make. I have everything in the house to make this, DD already signed up for it. Do you think it can be baked in the morning and then reheated at work later in the day?

I wouldn't see why not! I think we've actually done it that way before at a Super Bowl party--but it's also yummy at room temp! Hope ya'll like it!

TXTink said:
I was born there, my parents live there now, and our youngest daughter goes to school at LSU!

Hence my screen name "Tiger"Kat. I LOVE LSU, hopefully one day my DS will play baseball there, that's his dream!!!

TigerKat said:
Hence my screen name "Tiger"Kat. I LOVE LSU, hopefully one day my DS will play baseball there, that's his dream!!!
(not to hijack the thread, but...) Awe, I hope he gets his wish!! You will have to keep us posted on his progress of making that dream come true! :sunny: My DD was a Golden Girl last year, and one of her roommates this year is a Bat Girl! I love baseball, so I am hoping she will start going to the LSU games.

To get back on the subject of the thread... :crazy:

I ended up making Chicken and Dumplings for dinner!

Ok ladies... and any gents here! A few days ago I mentioned that Tom was going to make the italian chicken on page 10! Well he has been banned from the kitchen!

ready ?
Instead of using wine, he decided to substitue it, because he didnt want to go to the store... he used.....
:
:
:
:
:
:
wait for it
:
:
:
:
:
Did I mention totally banned!
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
SPRITE!!!

ok it wasnt bad we all ate it but it is not a reasonable substitute for wine!

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter