The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to mention that last night's london broil was great. Thanks Lauren, for the recipe! It's Monday in New Orleans yall, know what that means? Yep, red beans and rice night!! :thumbsup2

We're having salsbury steak & gravy, baked potatoes & baked beans. For dessert we're finishing up the blueberry cobbler warm with vanilla ice crea! Yummy! :)

We had chicken stuffed shells.

Funny story with it, I had cooked the chicken last night and this morning I cooked the shells and had them in the collander cooling when I discovered I needed an ingredient so I ran down to the store and the drugstore while I was at it. So I passed DH on the road while he was coming back from work and waved. So I get back from the store and he is sitting at the computer EATING MY SHELLS! "Well, I thought you went to work!" :rotfl2: so I ahve to start all over. Thank goodness I had enough extra shells in the box!

Tonight I am making the smoky chicken patties on page 1. We are having steak fries with them.

WFD at your house?

Tonight we are having creamy cajun chicken with pasta (quick and yummy), broccoli and biscuits.

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Last night we had Beef, Bacon & Cabbage Stew.

I tried to duplicate the Lamb Stew we had at the Irish Booth at F&W Fest!
Yes, I know Beef is not lamb! :rolleyes: But I wanted to test it, before spending big bucks for decent lamb. Anyway, it was really good! Next time I'll use lamb! :teeth:

Tonight we'll have hotdogs, chili, taco dip, spinach & artichoke dip.
Nothing healthy to go with all the candy! :lmao:

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween all!

The kids and I are going to a fall festival of sorts at church and they are having chili and hot dogs--DH is working late tonight, so we'll eat there

Oh, and speaking of chili, I think that's what I'm going to make for DS's party on Sat. I'll make a crockpot of one with beans and one w/o (mom doesn't like beans) Then toast up some crusty bread to go along with it--we'll have some cheese dip and veggie tray and maybe some other snacky thing. Then with cake and ice cream I think we'll be set!

Happy Halloween everyone!!! I love cooking for the holiday so here's our day:

Breakfast - Boiled Brains with Maggots (Oatmeal with raisins)

Lunch - Worm sandwiches (bologna cut into strips), witches broomsticks (pretzel sticks), and Halloween jello jigglers.

Dinner - Haunted Taco Tarts, Pumpkin dinner, Goblin Goo.

The kids love to see what I come up with. Last year we had a blood clot salad that the kids thought was grossly great! I paired it up with barbecued bat wings, and they were in gross out heaven!

TigerKat said:
Tonight we are having creamy cajun chicken with pasta (quick and yummy), broccoli and biscuits.

Happy Halloween everyone!!!
That Creamy Cajun Chicken sure sounds good! Would you mind sharing the recipe?

I am going to try Rachael Ray's Chicken Sloppy Joe's tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that DH likes it, he doesn't like regular sloppy joe's, I am hoping that the chicken would make a difference. I guess we'll see!

I am looking forward to seeing the little trick or treaters tonight! Since our kiddies are all grown up, it will be fun to see the excitement on all those little faces again! :goodvibes

Happy Halloween to all of you!

Glynis, I love the little ghosts and goblins too, but I have never been able to come up with such fun food!

We are having a turkey and pasta casserole tonite from allrecipes. Hope it is good. We always have treats in the house for those who stop in, so I have a meal that I can share, some hot cider punch, decorated chocolate cupcakes, and if I have time I'll make some cookies.

Happy Halloween!

We're ordering pizza tonight. I made a veggie tray and dip to go with it.

DS10 is going to be Dr. Toxic, mad scientist. His 3 year old cousin is coming over to ToT with him, he's going to be Tarzan.

Nancyg56 said:
Happy Halloween to all of you!

Glynis, I love the little ghosts and goblins too, but I have never been able to come up with such fun food!

We are having a turkey and pasta casserole tonite from allrecipes. Hope it is good. We always have treats in the house for those who stop in, so I have a meal that I can share, some hot cider punch, decorated chocolate cupcakes, and if I have time I'll make some cookies.

Wow! If I were closer, I'd definitely be stopping in.

I've found that my kids will eat anything if I give it a cute name (or in this case, a gross one).

Dijon/Orange Dump Chicken, steamed asparagus, and salad along something decadent from the bakery for dessert called Devil Dogs (looks like an overstuffed Ho-Ho, yum!).
I went to the "expensive" grocery store and got items I love and DH hates! :teeth: Roasted garlic hummus, mixed olives, liverwurst (crave it occasionally), special green onion dip, Promised Land Midnight Chocolate milk (OMG!), etc. Needless to say, I've knoshed all afternoon on some of this...Happy Halloween! (Drat, forgot the Tums!)

TXTink said:
That Creamy Cajun Chicken sure sounds good! Would you mind sharing the recipe?

It's one of our faves, I'll post it either later this evening or tomorrow morning!! :thumbsup2

TigerKat said:
It's one of our faves, I'll post it either later this evening or tomorrow morning!! :thumbsup2
Thanks!! I check this thread every day, so there is no worries! It sure does sound yummy! :cool1:

With kids here from trick or treating we have pizza.

TXTink said:
Thanks!! I check this thread every day, so there is no worries! It sure does sound yummy! :cool1:

I'll post tomorrow morning, DS(16) brought some of his baseball buddies home tonight and it's been devoured! It is really quick and yummmoooo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter