The Official Spring 2014 Professional Internship Thread

I haven't gotten anything :( I'm in progress for youth events (and since I didn't get a second interview I assume I'm out) and then the alumni only and alumni events. I guess they might not be doing much for alumni only yet but I don't feel like I have a chance anymore!

Hi all,
So I am a non-traditional PI candidate working on my Masters. I applied for the Theme Park Ops. MI and two other PI's back on August 26. I had my phone screen on September 06 and have been placed "In Progress," on all three positions.
I am reading that a few of you have already had your second interviews for the MI and I am assuming that there are some not on these boards that might have been contacted as well.
We are approaching almost two months since I applied and a month and a half since my first interview. Should I be concerned? I was told that the final date for decisions was going to be Nov. 26. I am just concerned because there has been no activity or movement on my dashboard. I am still cautiously optimistic. Any thoughts? :confused:

Hi all,
So I am a non-traditional PI candidate working on my Masters. I applied for the Theme Park Ops. MI and two other PI's back on August 26. I had my phone screen on September 06 and have been placed "In Progress," on all three positions.
I am reading that a few of you have already had your second interviews for the MI and I am assuming that there are some not on these boards that might have been contacted as well.
We are approaching almost two months since I applied and a month and a half since my first interview. Should I be concerned? I was told that the final date for decisions was going to be Nov. 26. I am just concerned because there has been no activity or movement on my dashboard. I am still cautiously optimistic. Any thoughts? :confused:

I am in the same position and unfortunately if you did not get a second interview you are pretty much no longer in consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If that is the case, why not NLIC all three positions on the Dashboard rather then make you wait and sweat it out? I was under the impression that if you were not being considered they would automatically NLIC you so you were not kept waiting.

I am in the same position and unfortunately if you did not get a second interview you are pretty much no longer in consideration.

I don't think this is true. I just received my offer as of yesterday afternoon. I had originally applied to the Fall 2013 PI in May of 2013. I received my first phone interview in mid June, after the Fall PI starting date. There was a bunch of miscommunication from that point onwards up until mid-July when I completely stopped getting any communication from them. I thought I was NLIC. However, low and behold, I got my offer yesterday.... 3 months after the last email I received from them.

Fantastic news for you! Congratualtions and enjoy your time and the experience. I rally am hoping that no news is good news. Like I said, I am cautiously optomistic. Did you receive a second interview or did you just have the one?

Hey everyone! I accepted a Professional Internship in Disney Youth Events a few days ago and am so excited! Has anyone else interviewed or been accepted for this role?

Congratulations on the YES role! DH's school does a big trip through YES every May and we are so impressed with the program and it's representatives!

Congratulations on the YES role! DH's school does a big trip through YES every May and we are so impressed with the program and it's representatives!

awesome! :) my role is involved with planning the Festival Disney event, which is the performing arts festival for middle and high school students...the youth programs at Disney are sure to be great!

I got contacted yesterday (October 25th) by HR! I was extended an offer for the Group Sales Development and Integration Internship. I'm soooooo happy!!!!! :cool1: pixiedust::love: :cloud9:

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the forum and I am excited as I have accepted the professional internship with Disney. I am debating whether to take the sponsored housing or looking for roommates and a place to stay. Does anyone need a housemate or is looking into finding a place?

I have asked to join the facebook group at the beginning of this forum. Looking forward to getting to Orlando and having a magical experience!!

Josh

Does anyone know why I would be kept in IP for an internship that people have already gotten accepted for, especially when I wasn't even given a second interview, when I know they have a second one? It's kind of depressing haha.

Does anyone know why I would be kept in IP for an internship that people have already gotten accepted for, especially when I wasn't even given a second interview, when I know they have a second one? It's kind of depressing haha.

It could be that the dept doesn't use the dashboard as much as others. Or in the off chance the people they chose decline the offer they could go back and pick additional people.

In my department, they take a lot of people over a long period of time. It could be that they are just slowly working through a list and haven't gotten to you yet (for an interview or NLIC)

Hi everyone! I applied for the Conservation Education Presenter in Animal Kingdom! I got the phone interview done on the 19th of October! Now I am just waiting for the final decisions!

How many others have applied for this one?
THANKS! :hyper:

Hey guys, I just want to ask how will you commute to work everyday if you will sign up for the Disney-sponsored housing at Falcon Square? I am thinking of biking to Magic Kingdom and then use the Disney bus system. However, I am informed that the path between Falcon and Magic Kingdom is dangerous in a sense of crazy drivers and high speed limits. That being said, should I be worried about crime rates there as well? Thanks in advance for any input!

Hey guys, I just want to ask how will you commute to work everyday if you will sign up for the Disney-sponsored housing at Falcon Square? I am thinking of biking to Magic Kingdom and then use the Disney bus system. However, I am informed that the path between Falcon and Magic Kingdom is dangerous in a sense of crazy drivers and high speed limits. That being said, should I be worried about crime rates there as well? Thanks in advance for any input!

Yeah biking to the magic kingdom and hopping on Disney buses sounds like a terrible idea.

We've made a Facebook group for people who have been accepted so far! Search for "Accepted Disney Professional Interns Spring 2014!", I'll post a link when I can :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter