The Official Spring 2014 Professional Internship Thread

The PIs that still show as "In Progress" for me are probably the most nerve wracking. I feel like they shouldn't be stuck in that status at this point if I still haven't gotten an interview. :(

The PIs that still show as "In Progress" for me are probably the most nerve wracking. I feel like they shouldn't be stuck in that status at this point if I still haven't gotten an interview. :(

Frustrating I know! Last year this time my son was "in progress" almost from the time he applied until about December 5th, when he went NLIC - never had an interview :confused3. Then he applied again for Fall 2013, and same thing. Went "in progress" until July (he applied in February), when he went NLIC, then about a week later, got a phone call for an interview and asked if he was still interested. They gave him 3 days to think it over, he then turned it down because he was already financially locked into finishing his senior year and an off campus apt. They told him that his resume "was making the rounds" and even though he went NLIC, someone pulled him back. Probably someone else turned it down. He doesn't regret his decision - he'll apply again this February for Fall 2014 and if it's meant to be, he will hopefully get another opportunity. THe HR person made it sound like he would not be penalized for turning them down. Hope she's right! Good luck - but hang in there - until you're NLIC (and even after possibly!) you're still in the running!

Applied to Disney Youth Events on August 26
"In Progress" on August 27
Never had an interview
"NLIC" October 29

ESPN Stats and Info Internship Bristol, CT

Applied 9/20/2013
Still in progress after two interviews! I know it's not Disney Parks but I'd still appreciate the pixie dust!

AHHH youth events is the one I'm IP for but with no interview. I have every single basic and preferred qualification so I hope I have a chance because I only have a chance at maybe one alumni only one now haha.

I applied the Shanghai Engineering Professional Internship(since I'm from China) and I was interviewed on Sep 5th, now it's almost 2 months, my status is still 'in progress'. And I heard that someone has received the offer, I'm really getting nervous now, I really want this intern. Anybody knows what does my status indicate?

I had the first phone interview almost a month ago, then I was emailed an online application form a few weeks later but nothing since. I had hoped this was a positive step. Now November is here and still nothing. I am IP on all the internships I applied to. Is there still hope or not?

I'm interested in applying to some of the summer PIs at Disneyland and had a question for you guys:

I am about to upload my resume and cover letter for one of the positions but since I'm a college student, my grades, and thus my resume, will constantly be changing over the course of the year. Will I be able to re-submit the resume every time or is this the only chance I get?

Thanks and good luck to all of you. :thumbsup2

Dashboard isn't exactly perfect.

I received a call on Monday to schedule a second interview and was told by the manager that I would also receive an email, but I never did. So on Wednesday, I asked him if the email was something important, and he said it was just an email to verify the time (which I did via the phone anyway)... after the interview, I'm still in progress, which if I had received the email, it should've been in interview stage or post-interview.

Most alumni's supposedly have one interview, but I guess depending on the size of the department (smaller department for example), they might have a second interview.

There's still 3 weeks, so anything can happen!

I got a second phone interview for marketing in CA like 1-2 weeks ago.
Dashboard still says "Interview Stage", which is super nerve wrecking. Its like been waiting for a long time. Does anyone know usually how long it takes to get the results after 2nd interview?

Honestly, the phone interview took only like 10-15 mins. The lady who interviewed me seemed impatient and not interested...If its bad news, I would not be surprised.

Same here, I applied for the Marketing Internship but at DisneyWorld and interview went by really quick like she was rushed.....but then three days later I get an email to do a background check, but that was on Oct 14th and so far no movement in dashboard or calls (i recently got a part time job so i know nothing is wrong with my background check), but still crossing my fingers and checking my dashboard every day lol

I moved into "Post-Interview" stage tonight for one of the PIs I applied for. I've already done the background check form before the actual interview, so I'm hoping this is a positive sign.

(Accidentally posted this in the old 2013 thread. Oops and sorry!)

oh, so you get background check and then the second interview, now I'm getting worried cause its been a while since background check application form, i thought background check was for when they were about to offer it to you, thanks for the info tho still crossing my fingers

Went NLIC sometime last night for one of my PIs but still "Post-Interview" stage for the other. The waiting game is definitely the worst part. Even worse than hearing a "no" back.

Good luck to those still waiting. Please keep in mind that hiring managers are extremely busy with making hiring decisions as well as doing their actual work and even after they send their decision to HR the recruiter may have a bunch of offers to extend. Patience is key. You will know either way by November 25th which is right around the corner :)

I recently got approved for my apt near downtown disney and bought my auto train ticket so excited :)

Applied for four positions.. One phone interview about two weeks ago for the position I was least qualified for.. Still "in progress" on all four and each is still "open" status with no further phone or email contact :x

Good or bad news for me?

This is all far too stressful

Some departments are still doing interviews. I had an interview today for a PI that I applied for in September. Still alive so far!

Ok, maybe some of you all are on the facebook group as well, but I applied for all Alumni-only internships. I have no drop down bars for any particular internship and I made it through the NLICs for Guest Relations. I don't know if it means they're just going to NLIC me at the end, but nothing has updated on my dashboard. I feel like i'm in Disney PI limbo...I have no idea what kind of news I'm gonna hear on the 25th. I didn't know if anyone had further insight about what this could mean.

Ok, maybe some of you all are on the facebook group as well, but I applied for all Alumni-only internships. I have no drop down bars for any particular internship and I made it through the NLICs for Guest Relations. I don't know if it means they're just going to NLIC me at the end, but nothing has updated on my dashboard. I feel like i'm in Disney PI limbo...I have no idea what kind of news I'm gonna hear on the 25th. I didn't know if anyone had further insight about what this could mean.

The same thing happened to me last year! I applied for Alumni Only and did not get any drop downs or second interviews, but wasn't NLICed until the very last day. I don't know if they keep people like this because they're kind of a "backup" or something, but that's what it kind of seems like. I know that some people were NLICed for Alumni, so they seem to be keeping you around for a reason! I have no official insight into this process but if I had to guess, you're in kind of a "pending" stage. It's hard because you have to wait so long and there's a chance that you'll hear that you are NLIC, but you have to keep the faith and hope that you'll hear good news soon! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter