The Official Spring 2014 Professional Internship Thread

Krystal1

Earning My Ears
Hey guys!

I just thought it was a great time for us PI Hopefuls to start a thread for this upcoming round of PI Applications! Applications should be out around August-September 2013, which seems far off, but I'm sure it'll be here before we know it! I've also created a Facebook group for us to interact, share expertise, and get to know each other through this whole process.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/286342684825703/

A little about myself......My name is Krystal and I'll be graduating this July with my Bachelor of Science in Entertainment Policy and Management! My heart is set on the Conservation Education Presenter PI with Animal Kingdom, however the more I work in my field the more I realize I want to do something more hands on. So hopefully I can get my Scuba certification before apps come out, which will enable me to qualify for some other Animal Science Internships! I've recently been accepted for my first CP beginning Fall 2012, and this will also be my first time applying for a PI!

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Krystal

Depending on how my application goes for this summer's PI's... I may be back to this thread.

Still waiting to hear back for fall... if those don't work out, I'll be applying for spring!

Well I was just NLIC'd for my fall 2013 PI, so I eagerly await restarting this process in August!

Hi Krystal! I'm also a Spring 2014 hopeful. :) So you're applying for the program during the semester that you graduate? I am trying to decide whether to do that or to apply now because I can't take time off school. Your major sounds very cool! Thanks for starting this thread.

Officially NLIC as of this evening along with what seems like a mass wave. It's okay though! I'm going to apply again! :thumbsup2

I am also a Disney PI 2014 hopeful! I completed the DCP in the Fall of 2009 and absolutely loved it!! I highly recommend it to everyone. Since then, it has become my dream to do a PI in accounting and then make a career at Disney. I will graduate in May 2014 with my bachelor's in professional accountancy and want to start my PI after that. Any suggestions from fellow hopefuls who have been through the process before?

Thanks,

Hope

I don't have any suggestions, I'm just another 2014 hopeful, also graduating next may. I've been reading up on tips for PI applicants for months now haha.

I am also a Disney PI 2014 hopeful! I completed the DCP in the Fall of 2009 and absolutely loved it!! I highly recommend it to everyone. Since then, it has become my dream to do a PI in accounting and then make a career at Disney. I will graduate in May 2014 with my bachelor's in professional accountancy and want to start my PI after that. Any suggestions from fellow hopefuls who have been through the process before?

Thanks,

Hope

Given your accounting background, I'd recommend looking into the Finance related PI's. Not exactly accounting, but you get an idea of the "numbers" side of things. You'll see very few, if any accounting opportunities in Florida as most is done in California. However, there are many opportunities within Finance.

I just applied to two similar marketing PI's this evening so keeping my fingers crossed. This will be my last chance as I graduate in November - anxious to hear who else is applying for 2014!!

Given your accounting background, I'd recommend looking into the Finance related PI's. Not exactly accounting, but you get an idea of the "numbers" side of things. You'll see very few, if any accounting opportunities in Florida as most is done in California. However, there are many opportunities within Finance.

Having participated in the Accounting / Finance internship with WDP&R .. it really depends on the semester what opportunities are available. The accounting / finance internships are driven by an executive leadership team which works with the departments to establish the semester's opportunities.

Best of luck to everyone in pursuit of PIs. I personally participated in 2 and they were some of the best experiences I have ever had. Any questions let me know!

Submitted my application for management internships. Please send me pixie dust!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've decided on the 7 PIs I'm applying for! 5 of them I had an internship this summer that should definitely help me with too.
I'm going to wait until I start my CP next week to apply though and I still have to make my resume amazing!
I'm not going to lie if I don't get one I'll be seriously upset haha, I applied last time and didn't expect anything but now I have good experience and it's my last chance ahhhhhh.

I will be applying for a few positions once my resume is updated. Because I will be graduating in December, I was wondering if anyone has any idea if Disney hires people straight out of the PI program?

I will be applying for a few positions once my resume is updated. Because I will be graduating in December, I was wondering if anyone has any idea if Disney hires people straight out of the PI program?

They can and have hired people after they complete their PI. This however depends on a wide variety of factors and by no means does accepting a PI guarantee future employment with the company, however it is a possibility.

I applied for a bunch of PIs and have my screening interview this Thursday!! Good luck to all of you applying :wizard:

They can and have hired people after they complete their PI. This however depends on a wide variety of factors and by no means does accepting a PI guarantee future employment with the company, however it is a possibility.

When I did my PI, there weren't any spots available on the traditions team when I finished but through networking I was able to transition to full time concierge immediately after my PI then , a week later, started a TA with Disney Photo Imaging in an office and technical position. You're not guaranteed a spot but if you play your cards right you can make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter