***The Official October 2016 Thread***

We are going to WDW staying at AoA Cars October 4-13th and my Dad (age 66 but plays almost daily) would really like to play tennis while he is there. Would anyone like to set something up in advance? He'll play on any surface.

Also the solo fishing excursions are only in the afternoon, when fish are not usually as active. Anyone want to team up with him for a morning excursion?

Thanks in advance!
Im awful at tennis and too impatient for fishing.. But I did add you to the list :thumbsup2

Hey, not sure why we aren't popping up but we are 10/11-10/14 AKL and 10/14-10/19 Poly Villa. Thank you! Side note: looking somewhat forward to the early ADR day. Thank goodness the kids aren't early risers as this is a surprise!
I have you on there as starting at universal on 10/8, did you want me to take that off and just post the Disney dates??

I'm joining in! Our dates are October 1-11 at CBR but that may change once FD comes out if we can snag the discount. Thanks for putting all the hard work into the MNSSHP info. We've gone to the party the last four years in a row and I'm not sure if we will go this year. I was pretty disappointed last year that they had eliminated all but one of the treat trails. Those were our favourite way to get treats at the party and it sucked last year to have to do all that extra walking to go to the individual ones LOL. Here's hoping the next 6 months go by fast :teeth:

Thanks so much for starting a new October 2016 thread that will be updated. :thumbsup2

Not sure what happened to the person who started the initial thread?

For those attending the Epcot Food and Wine Fest, there will be a sneak preview of the food and beverages that will be offered at the festival for Tables in Wonderland members on June 26.

That means that the menus for the international marketplaces should be out around the same time!

Thanks for undertaking this task. I have a change to my reservation. I will now be staying at the Boardwalk Villas instead of Animal Kingdom, from 10/24 thru 10/28.

Joining in. We're going down for a quick weekend trip when my daughter (12) has a couple days off school, October 13th-16th, staying at AKV Kidani (although i have a waitlist out there, we'll see if it comes through). I'm always wanted to do a surprise trip but never have. That is the plan this time.

I went down in Feb with a friend of mine to run Princess and she was very sad she couldn't come. So I thought I'd surprise her with a quick trip. Planning is weird because she's always been a part of it, and now I'm intentionally keeping her out of the loop. But it will be totally worth it to see the look on her face when I tell her! Right now I think I'm going to tell her the night before by giving her the Magic Band box to open. She'll know exactly what they're for of course, but when she asks when I hope she flips out when I say 6am tomorrow.

I know she'll want to pack her own stuff, so that's why I'm going to tell her the night before instead of the day of. Plus we have to drop the dog off that night at the sitters, can't exactly talk my way out of that one. Ha ha. It's going to be a long 6 months of keeping my mouth shut.

For those of you familiar with Oct patterns. We'll be there 10/7-10/16. For every non party night, MK is currently listed with a 9p closing w/o Wishes added to the calendar yet. We've only ever been in late May/early June. I do greatly assume they'll add Wishes at some point. When they do, is it likely the closing will be extended to at least 10p? Beyond that, does this week (due to Columbus Day/Fall Break crowds) have a likely chance of seeing some closings extended to the 12a time we're used to seeing in June? As well as the Wed MK EMH pm being extended to a possible 2a? I do understand no one knows for sure, especially this year with how funky cutbacks backs have been. But, just wondering if I can still keep my hope alive or if I need to prepare now for a grim (while we'll still love) reality hrs wise.:confused3

For those of you familiar with Oct patterns. We'll be there 10/7-10/16. For every non party night, MK is currently listed with a 9p closing w/o Wishes added to the calendar yet. We've only ever been in late May/early June. I do greatly assume they'll add Wishes at some point. When they do, is it likely the closing will be extended to at least 10p?

I've been going to WDW in October for at least the last seven years. Usually the hours on the nights there is not a Halloween party scheduled are extended to 11:00 PM or midnight. Also, a second Main Street Electrical Parade is added. But who knows what will happen this year with budget cuts and the up-charge events that Disney has been adding recently.

OK everyone, F&W section has been updated. Also, I created a fall discount section. If you have any information to add to either, or you see any discrepancies please let me know! I hope the information is useful to you guys!

Add me too please :) We are going Oct 19-24. We are coming with a dance group so I do not know our hotel yet.

I'm so excited, my waitlist came through! Can you please update my resort? We will now be at BLT (10/13-10/16). Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter