****The Official June 2015 thread!!! We're finally going to WDW***

We will be there June 5th-13th. Staying at a DTD hotel the first night and then at the Boardwalk for the rest of the stay. This is my oldest's 4th trip to WDW and my youngest's 2nd. This will be my husband's 3rd visit and my ILs are flying in from Europe for their frist ever trip to WDW. My parents are also joining us on the trip.

I have a typed up itinerary and am counting the hours so I can attempt to book a FP for Anna and Elsa!!

I am super excited. This is my 15th time in WDW I think...we used to go when I was a kid.

We will be driving from the western suburbs of Chicago. Does anyone have a good place to stop on the way down? I dont think I can convince my husband to drive all the way through!!

If you are at the Boardwalk, you should be able to book your FastPasses already!!

As for a good place to stay, we typically stay in Georgia, outside of Atlanta somewhere. Can't remember the name of the city. We like an inexpensive Hampton Inn. :-) (We are in Springfield, IL) We will just miss you since we are leaving on the 5th (driving back actually).

We will be there June 5th-13th. Staying at a DTD hotel the first night and then at the Boardwalk for the rest of the stay. This is my oldest's 4th trip to WDW and my youngest's 2nd. This will be my husband's 3rd visit and my ILs are flying in from Europe for their frist ever trip to WDW. My parents are also joining us on the trip.

I have a typed up itinerary and am counting the hours so I can attempt to book a FP for Anna and Elsa!!

I am super excited. This is my 15th time in WDW I think...we used to go when I was a kid.

We will be driving from the western suburbs of Chicago. Does anyone have a good place to stop on the way down? I dont think I can convince my husband to drive all the way through!!
When we drove (from MO) I remember stopping in ?Valdosta?. Seemed to be a stopping point:)
You should already be able to book your FP if onsite...

We have booked our fast passes but everything I read said we couldn't book Elsa & Anna until 30 days out...

Im from Atlanta. My parents and inlaws (who are flying in from Europe) are actually driving down form Atlanta. We just dont want to stay with my parents or we will never get on the road! haha!

Actually A&E are hard to find 30 days out-the onsite guests have an advantage in that they can book 60 days out + LOS/ticket from start of resort stay for all attractions including A&E

Actually A&E are hard to find 30 days out-the onsite guests have an advantage in that they can book 60 days out + LOS/ticket from start of resort stay for all attractions including A&E

Exactly. Not sure where you got your info. on Anna and Elsa, but I'd say go do that NOW! :-) It's also easier to get a FP for later in your trip. I found most of them (even at 60 days out) were for later in the evening as well.

And I agree on the Valdosta stop. :-) We've stayed in Chattanooga before (on the way back from Disney I think).

Exactly. Not sure where you got your info. on Anna and Elsa, but I'd say go do that NOW! :-) It's also easier to get a FP for later in your trip. I found most of them (even at 60 days out) were for later in the evening as well.

And I agree on the Valdosta stop. :-) We've stayed in Chattanooga before (on the way back from Disney I think).

I was up and ready at 1am (EMH that night) 60-days out from my trip and was only able to get 3 A&E FPs all for 10pm! That was all that was left. So, I have been stalking ever since April 1st....I found if I broke them down individually I had more luck. Over the span of over month, I have ben able to get the times for all three within the same window around 11am. I snagged the last one just today! Man, I mean, I was like checking 10 times a day. not sure what I am going to do with my time now....

Thanks for letting me share my joy!!! I don't think my family gets just how awesome this is.....:banana:

Persistence pays off Elena....congrats on snagging what you wanted! :)

I was up and ready at 1am (EMH that night) 60-days out from my trip and was only able to get 3 A&E FPs all for 10pm! That was all that was left. So, I have been stalking ever since April 1st....I found if I broke them down individually I had more luck. Over the span of over month, I have ben able to get the times for all three within the same window around 11am. I snagged the last one just today! Man, I mean, I was like checking 10 times a day. not sure what I am going to do with my time now....

Thanks for letting me share my joy!!! I don't think my family gets just how awesome this is.....:banana:

I had to do the same thing the last time we went - I was so bored once I finally got the A&E FP's all sorted out! This time around, I only had to play with it one day to fix the time... sadly I kinda wish I had something to mess with! It helped passed the time while we waited to go!

I'm stalking ADR's trying to get our Akershus time to be just 30 minutes earlier... silly change but I like the chase!

Down to 24 days!! considering I started at 283 we are almost there!!
And yay on the A&E FP+. We snagged 11 pm ones last year at 3 weeks out-which worked out great as I had planned a late MK day after water park in am (and off/rest day the next day). Also got SDMT for 10 pm-I think I may be disappointed on that ride in daylight as it is soooo pretty at night! My son was NOT thrilled to be meeting princesses but Elsa did coax a smile from him.

Going to see Age of Ultron tomorrow-then I think we will tell the younger two kids we are going to SWW and WWoHP-both sets of Magic Bands arrived so I will have to figure out a way to let them "discover" we are going; ordered custom covers from magicyourband for SWW.

I had to do the same thing the last time we went - I was so bored once I finally got the A&E FP's all sorted out! This time around, I only had to play with it one day to fix the time... sadly I kinda wish I had something to mess with! It helped passed the time while we waited to go!

I'm stalking ADR's trying to get our Akershus time to be just 30 minutes earlier... silly change but I like the chase!

Maybe we should start a support group! Even though I met my goal of the three A&E FPs, every time I get a minute, my first thought it "Where's my phone, let me check on the FP..." Lol. I like how you are on the hunt for a different ADR time. Sometimes the journey can be more rewarding than the destination!

Last edited:
Told the kids yesterday! Tough to keep a secret for 260 something days lol!
Now the whole family gets to obsess with me-and I have to stop myself from fiddling with ADR and FP+ times....

29 days left, this Thursday starts the clues for my son to figure out the where we are going this year (he hasn't been before and neither has my girlfriend)

Magic Band colors confirmed
Online check in set up
ADR's booked

The wait is killing me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter