~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

Hey everyone! I'm not sure how I missed this thread but we have been planning our Jan trip for about a year now. We are staying the 11-18 at OKW in a 2BV. Dh was planning on running the half but he wouldn't decide for sure and by the time he did it was full. I got my room booked last week (dvc) at the 7mth mark. Now I'm anxiously counting down to my 180. I'm also waiting for 2014 packages to drop so I can get my parents package booked. I'm so glad to have some new 'friends' to impatiently wait with :-)

I have just recently found this thread.
Our family has booked our surprise trip for Jan 3-10th and we will be staying at the Marriott Harbour Lake!
Can't wait! The planning is kicking into high gear with the release of the Jan 2014 calendar. I was a bit disappointed to see that MK is only going to be open until 8pm most of our week instead of 9 like it was this past January.

Hey everyone! I'm not sure how I missed this thread but we have been planning our Jan trip for about a year now. We are staying the 11-18 at OKW in a 2BV. Dh was planning on running the half but he wouldn't decide for sure and by the time he did it was full. I got my room booked last week (dvc) at the 7mth mark. Now I'm anxiously counting down to my 180. I'm also waiting for 2014 packages to drop so I can get my parents package booked. I'm so glad to have some new 'friends' to impatiently wait with :-)

I have just recently found this thread.
Our family has booked our surprise trip for Jan 3-10th and we will be staying at the Marriott Harbour Lake!
Can't wait! The planning is kicking into high gear with the release of the Jan 2014 calendar. I was a bit disappointed to see that MK is only going to be open until 8pm most of our week instead of 9 like it was this past January.

:welcome: I added you both! :)

To the above poster- not sure if you have seen it this week but if Southwest Airlines is in your area they have been having an airfare sale all week.

When will January 2014 package pricing be released? Looking at Jan 4-11...

Thanks and Yup Southwest is a major close by hub so work out really well for me

I've heard that tickets are supposed to open up in late Juneish/ early July for the next booking window for Southwest at least.

Thanks and Yup Southwest is a major close by hub so work out really well for me

I've heard that tickets are supposed to open up in late Juneish/ early July for the next booking window for Southwest at least.

Just a week or so to wait until it opens up. So excited!

For those Southwest Fliers... I just noticed the date for the rest of January & Early February on thier site. come on July 1st :)

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 5, 2014. On July 1, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through February 12, 2014. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

:cheer2: UPDATE :cheer2:
I just checked Southwest Website and it now says

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 5, 2014. On June 24, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through February 12, 2014. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently

Looks like they moved the date up :banana:

Awesome!

Anyone else concerned the last few days at MK are listed as n/a????

I was wondering about that too? We haven't set our dates in stone yet due to military obligations, but we were considering this time frame. It would be great to know why MK is n/a!!!

I was wondering about that too? We haven't set our dates in stone yet due to military obligations, but we were considering this time frame. It would be great to know why MK is n/a!!!

Josh at easyWDW says "They occasionally leave something out like that. I would expect the schedule to mirror the week before."

Once they fix the calender the hours for those days will be available.

We will be there! Our little one will be turning 5 so we are surprising her with a trip. We are staying at POR January 25-31... :yay: We have never stayed there so we are so excited.

:cheer2: UPDATE :cheer2:
I just checked Southwest Website and it now says

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 5, 2014. On June 24, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through February 12, 2014. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently

Looks like they moved the date up :banana:

Thanks!! :yay:

I have been checking airfare everyday and I'm so tired of seeing that blasted January 5th!

Buying airline tickets makes me feel like my trip is really around the corner:thumbsup2

Hello everyone! My boyfriend and I had been discussing a possible January trip and when Jet Blue's rates came out, they confirmed it. We will be in the World from January 8th to the 15th. We are currently undecided on where we'll stay, but we are so excited! :goodvibes

I've been checking Southwest Airlines website every day for about a month (even though I knew that was too soon, I kept hoping) to see if the flights through the bulk of January had been released.

FINALLY this morning they were! I got two flights and it was only $58,080 points and $20.00!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!! :yay: <---- This was literally me this morning, jumping up and down and flapping my arms! :)

I bet there'll be some more DIS'ers posting today if they are also flying SW in Jan/Feb next year!

I am so happy. :cloud9:

Thanks!! :yay:

I have been checking airfare everyday and I'm so tired of seeing that blasted January 5th!

Tell me about it! I have been absolutely dying every day. This whole thing is such an exercise in patience! But today, the flights are up through 2/12/14!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!

Bought flights home, now all flights for family are booked and ready to go total cost due to vouchers and miles was $47 :dance3: ADR's are next up!

Just read this on allears.net

Starting July 10, vacation packages for 2014 arrivals to Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa will be available for booking. These packages can be booked only for travel up to 499 days before arrival, and travel must conclude by December 31, 2014.

Can't wait to book our package! :yay:

Could you please change our dates from Jan 22-29 to Jan 20-26 AKV and Jan 26-30 BWV!!! The night before our 7 month opens DH says he want to stay longer than 7 nights. :woohoo: I explain we only have enough points for 7 nights at BWV (DH LOVES BWV) but that the 1 bedroom at ALK can sleep 5 so we can stay longer so he agreed to a split stay!:cool1:Makes me love him even more when he wants to spend more days at Disney:love: Any and all advice on doing a split is welcome! My BIL and SIL got BWV Jan 22-30 so we will have 4 days at the same resort. Other BIL and SIL haven't figured out where they want to stay but are thinking Wilderness. I'm trying to get them on Dis but no luck yet.

Can you change our dates/ resort? Looks like 8 nights at WL unless I can convince DH to stay at the poly! Jan 22-30!

woohoo! I'm finally inching closer to booking! Even though the Jetblue rates for January look really good right now, we prefer to wait until we can book packages at WDW before we make any final decisions. Although, my mom (a mommy and me trip this time) is itching to book the flights sooner or later so we may bite soon.

I *think* we are going Jan 22-Jan 29th (I'll be there for my bday. yay!) but if things were to change, we're definitely going within the last two weeks of Jan (emphasis on the last week).

We go through Magic for Less because I adore our TA there. Although I can book everything myself, I like the TA doing everything because I feel pampered. haha.

We're trying to be a bit budget friendly so we're aiming for AOA (which probably won't happen since we don't need a suite and every pin code I get still eliminates the Mermaid rooms from any discounts) but will probably end up at Pop (much to my mom's chagrin) BUT we may try to get Port Orleans to work out for us. It's been a loooooong time since either one of us stayed at anything but a value or off-property.

But anyways--baby steps--but closer! pumped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter