~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

HeatherLassell

DIS Veteran
Since there wasn't one started already, lol since it's SOOOO early, I thought I would start one for those of us going in January 2014.

Hoping for a free dining offer!

This will be my families 2nd trip to WDW! We just got back a week ago and we miss it terribly!

Can't wait to plan with you all!

:woohoo:

OUR FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/228701890587709/

(Information about January in the World from goflorida.about.com)

January is a slow, laid-back time of year at Disney World. Even if you sleep in, you can still experience a lot of rides and attractions each day without much of a wait. January is an ideal time to explore some of Disney's great outdoor offerings like biking, horseback riding and camping. January is marathon month at Disney World, so put on your running shoes and join the fun--there are events for every member of the family.

The weather will be mild and comfortable most of the time, but don't be surprised if the mornings and evenings are chilly, with overnight frost a possibility. Pack a lightweight sweater and a jacket, and mix and match as needed during your trip.

Crowd Levels:
After the first few days of January, expect to see thin crowds as holiday travellers make their way home from Disney World. It should be easier than usual to secure the room you want at a price you can afford, and you may be able to snag a reservation at some of Disney's most coveted dining locations.

Perks:
Travel early in January and not only will you avoid the crowds, you'll also be able to enjoy Disney's holiday decorations before they come down. If you want to see just how incredible the holiday displays are without the frantic rush of the Christmas season, January is an ideal time for a visit.

Sports and outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy visiting Disney World in January. Look for the annual Disney Marathon this month, and consider camping at Fort Wilderness while the bugs and critters are hiding from the cold weather.

Tips:
Make sure you really need a Fastpass before inserting your park ticket. You may find that the standby line is short enough to enjoy rides like The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Save your Fastpasses for big attractions like Splash Mountain or Space Mountain and you will be able to pack more rides into a single day.

Even though park attendance is lower, be sure to make Advanced Dining Reservations for table service restaurants. (Especially the new Be Our Guest in New Fantasyland)

January is a good month to bring a baby to Disney for the first time. The weather is mild, and it will be easier to get around, thanks to the low crowd levels.

Warnings and Cautions:
Expect some rides to be closed for refurbishment when you visit Disney World in January.

While low crowd levels mean more ride time for you, expect to see reduced park hours when you visit in January.

Even though Disney World resort pools are heated, it may feel too cold for swimming.

****************************************************************************************************

Time to learn about Photopass and Photopass+ so you can decide which one is best for you!

http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm

You can preorder your WDW Photopass CD at: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx ($119.95)
You can preorder your WDW Photopass+ CD at: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx ($169.95)

****************************************************************************************************

ADR's are Advance Dining Reservations!

You can make these when your "window" opens up. This happens 180 days before your vacation. For those MUST HAVE dinners (especially character meals) I suggest you make them at the 180. Especially if you're like me and trying to get a dinner ADR for Be Our Guest restaurant in New Fantasyland!

Here are all the different choices you have including the menus!

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Where do you want to stay? This website lists the different categories of Disney resorts as well as in-depth information about each resort!

http://allears.net/acc/faq_hot.htm

*yes I love allears.net*

Be sure to look at the expansive menu down the left hand side of the page. So much information!

Jadeey - Pop Century - December 28th - January 18th
bvkramer - Saratoga Springs - December 30-January 2nd
lpearl - Old Key West - December 30-January 5th
donaldfan1968 - Port Orleans French Quarter - December 30-January 6th
disneylovin24 - Wilderness Lodge - December 30-January 6th
shopn24seven - All Star Movies - December 31-January 6th
bvkramer - Art of Animation - January 2-8th
bksomody - - January 1-8th
Jeanette - BCV - January 1-11
katmg - Wilderness Lodge - January 2-8th
DisneyFanatic09 - All Star Sports - January 2-8th
Kallie724 - Port Orleans Riverside - January 2-9th
bna16 - Art of Animation - January 3-10th
Oceangrace24 - Marriott Harbour Lake - January 3-10th
OnlyDisney - Fort Wilderness - January 3-11th
ghtx - Bay Lake Tower - January 4-8th
SwimChicSQ - Bay Lake Tower - January 4-8th
autoracepr989 - - January 4-12th
Zakery - - January 4-14th
LizzieJane - Boardwalk Villa - January 4-11th
MellyBeans - - January 4-11th
MikeysMamma - - January 4th-11th
Krisie - Old Key West - January 5-11th
stencill - Caribbean Beach - January 5-11th
MrsJessica - - January 5-11th
DisneyFanSherry - - January 5-11th
lmillercrew - Art of Animation - January 5-12th
PrincessHeather'sMom - POFQ - January 5-12th
HeatherLassell - POLY - January 6-15th
nym4588 - Old Key West - January 6-15th
Cavy - POFQ - January 7-11th
jgive - - January 7-12th
rachlovestv - Boardwalk - January 7-13th
camandjacksmom - - January 7-14th
katiee37 - Art Of Animation - January 7-14th
RedheadRinger - Wilderness Lodge - January 7-14th
KGDisney - Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 7-15th
singingmom - Dolphin - January 7-16th
DisneyDame27 - Saratoga Springs - January 7-17th
pixiemeg - Bay Lake Tower - January 8-14th
fanofWD - AOA or POR - January 8-14th
beachta1 - CSR - January 8-14th
operationremie - - January 8-13th
scottashackleton - AKV/BWV - January 8-15th
lcbv - - January 8-22nd
disneybarbie - Boardwalk Villas - January 9-14th
leopardmickeyears - Old Key West/BLT - January 9-18th
3Leafs - All Star Sports - January 9-12th
MiniMelissa - - January 10-17th
LSUfan4444 - Bay Lake Tower - January 10-18th
mommyof2princesses - Art of Animation - January 10-19th
lovingeire - Contemporary - January 11-18th
3cuteDISkids - Old Key West Villa - January 11-18th
Krisie -Boardwalk Villas - January 11-16th
LSU25 - Contemporary - January 12-19/20th
bouncycat - BLT or BCV - January 12-17th
traumaqueen - Wilderness Lodge - January 14-24th
kkmousealow - Wilderness Lodge Villas - January 15-20th
KRFillion - - January 15-24th
ckrisie - Animal Kingdom Villas - January 16-19th
Meriweather - - January 18-31st
Gracer9977 - - January 18-26th
Sandi12404 - - January 18-26th
Tinkerbellsmomma - POFQ - January 18-26th
jdanjou - Port Orleans Riverside - January 19-25th
Aunt Peggy - Old Key West - January 19-26th
ShanLubey - offsite - January 19-26th
Winue - Disney Magic Cruise - January 20-24th
TIMLEO007 - BCV/BWV - January 20-25th
tree320 - Animal Kingdom Villa - January 20-26th
Niewoe - Bay Lake Tower - January 20-28th
dreajoyanne - Port Orleans French Quarter - January 21-February 1st
MrsDrewsky - Port Orleans - January 21-28th
Tulles - Contemporary - January 22-25th
lolobug - Polynesian - January 22-29th
gray52 - Board Walk Villas - January 22-29th
nerak2780 - POP Century - January 22-29th
lolobug - Wilderness Lodge - January 22-30th
disney-inspired - Pop Century - January 23-27th
rafikifan2911 - Port Orleans French Quarter - January 23-31st
kimj88 - Beach Club Villas - January 23-31st
disneyxo - Pop Century - January 23-29th
Roccosmom - - January 23-29th
oneprincessjo - Animal Kingdom Villa - January 23-24th
Cobern - Polynesian - January 23-30th
oneprincessjo - Bay Lake Tower - January 24-31st
JLa01844 - Wilderness Lodge Villas - January 24-27th
Daisy07 - Wilderness Lodge Villas - January 24th -February 1st
dismommy4 - AoA and AKL - January 24th to February 22nd
MomOfIndigo - Wilderness Lodge - January 25-31st
FancyNancy - Coronado Springs - January 25-31st
Splash2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter - January 25-31st
Michelle1125 - Boardwalk Villas - January 25-31st
vacation_junkie - Port Orleans Riverside - January 25th-February 2nd
tree320 - Boardwalk Villa - January 26-30th
Apopper74 - Bay Lake Tower - January 26-31st
Gamegrl1 - All Star Music - January 26-February 2nd
ladybub101 - Port Orleans Riverside - January 27-Feb 4th
Lei - Pop Century - January 27-February 6th
DaveInFallsChurc - Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 28th-February 2nd
soonerlpn - Wilderness Lodge or POFQ - January 30-February 8th

mjsparks101
mrsdrake625 -
mjmstd1 -
KyWildcatGirl01 -
nerak2780 - Jan 22-Jan 29th maybe
JLa01844
pinkerbell - Swan & Dolphin
COsarah
inkedupmomma - January 16-28 maybe
coupongirl0522

popcorn::

Heather!!! Might be looking at Jan 2014 too... So I'll keep you company for now!

That and I felt sorry for you being all alone ;)

Welcome! :yay:

lol Thanks. Was it my pleading on Facebook that got you? :rotfl2:

I sure hope you and your family can make January work! I think our kids would have a blast playing together.

The fantasy trip I'm planning right now is in Jan 2014 - to celebrate Christmas with family! Your description in the first post makes me want to go even more... *sigh*

Hi We are going to be going in January 2014 also. Going to be celebrating my niece's birthdays. One is turning 16 and the other is turning 10. Their birthday's are 5 days apart so we are going to be in Disney for the week. Looks like right now we are planning to arrive on Sat, Jan 18th :cheer2: and leave :sad1: Sun, Jan 26th.

Hi We are going to be going in January 2014 also. Going to be celebrating my niece's birthdays. One is turning 16 and the other is turning 10. Their birthday's are 5 days apart so we are going to be in Disney for the week. Looks like right now we are planning to arrive on Sat, Jan 18th :cheer2: and leave :sad1: Sun, Jan 26th.

Yay!!! I think January is going to be great! :cheer2: Where do you think you're going to stay?

Thanks Heather for starting a Jan 2014 thread!!! I'll get my sister to come over and join us. :)

Thanks Heather for starting a Jan 2014 thread!!! I'll get my sister to come over and join us. :)

You're welcome!!! I've been forbidden to talk about this trip at work :-)rotfl2: I only JUST got back on Oct 10th!!) so I need somewhere! Plus it's exciting to share it with others going at the same time. We'll all know each other well by January! So maybe there will be a dismeet or 2! :)

Heather, that's funny that you are not allowed to talk about it at work. :mic: I still have the fever and we went in 2011, we were there from Sept 24th-October 2nd so pretty much the same time that you went, just a year earlier. It's so much tougher not to talk about Disney or dream about going back when you first return from your trip, :hyper2:time has dulled it but I still can't wait to go back. I love going in Sept/Oct the weather is great, the crowds are nil and the free dining rocks. :) This will be the first time we are going to Disney not in Sept/Oct so we have no idea what to expect.

I think we are going to be staying at the CBR again, we are letting the 16 year old pick since it's her "sweet sixteen" and she really loved when we stayed there and wants to stay there again. I am kind of partial to POR but I anywhere is fine. I just want to get back to Disney!!:drive:

That would be cool if we could all meet up at some point, do you know when you are going to go yet?

Heather, that's funny that you are not allowed to talk about it at work. :mic: I still have the fever and we went in 2011, we were there from Sept 24th-October 2nd so pretty much the same time that you went, just a year earlier. It's so much tougher not to talk about Disney or dream about going back when you first return from your trip, :hyper2:time has dulled it but I still can't wait to go back. I love going in Sept/Oct the weather is great, the crowds are nil and the free dining rocks. :) This will be the first time we are going to Disney not in Sept/Oct so we have no idea what to expect.

I think we are going to be staying at the CBR again, we are letting the 16 year old pick since it's her "sweet sixteen" and she really loved when we stayed there and wants to stay there again. I am kind of partial to POR but I anywhere is fine. I just want to get back to Disney!!:drive:

That would be cool if we could all meet up at some point, do you know when you are going to go yet?

lol Yeah my boss is funny. We're the same age. When I posted how many days till the January trip *lol* she commented on fb and said "Is this the start of the new countdown? lol Are you gonna do this daily cause I might have to block your posts!" She is pretty much just pulling my chain. I posted the countdown cause of her! :rotfl2:

I think we're gonna go Jan 23-30th and hopefully staying at a family suite. Maybe AOA?

lol Yeah my boss is funny. We're the same age. When I posted how many days till the January trip *lol* she commented on fb and said "Is this the start of the new countdown? lol Are you gonna do this daily cause I might have to block your posts!" She is pretty much just pulling my chain. I posted the countdown cause of her! :rotfl2:

I think we're gonna go Jan 23-30th and hopefully staying at a family suite. Maybe AOA?

I would like to stay someplace new, and the AOA suites look pretty cool, maybe I can work on my niece...:rotfl:

Where are you located in Canada? My mom was born in Canada, still have a lot of family in Toronto and Quebec.

Yay January 2014! :cheer2::cheer2: Jenn, we might be able to convice Haleigh to stay at AOA. She saw pictures online and wanted to go there to see what it looks like while we are there.

I would like to stay someplace new, and the AOA suites look pretty cool, maybe I can work on my niece...:rotfl:

Where are you located in Canada? My mom was born in Canada, still have a lot of family in Toronto and Quebec.

I think they look awesome!!!

I live close to Winnipeg in Manitoba. A good 24 + hours drive from Toronto.

Yay January 2014! :cheer2::cheer2: Jenn, we might be able to convice Haleigh to stay at AOA. She saw pictures online and wanted to go there to see what it looks like while we are there.

Yay!!! :)

AOA looks really awesome. The cost is what could deter me though.

Hi Sandi!!! That would be awesome to check it out but truly like I said to Heather earlier I don't really care where we stay I am just SO excited to go back!!:yay: :cheer2:

You can add me to the Jan 2014 list. This will be my first time in 25 years and my DH, DS (8) and DD (5) (at time of travel) - 1st time.

It is so far away but it is all I can think about. I am pricing everything out now with 2013 prices to see which way we want to go. I am leaning to on-site Moderate with the dining plan. But I keep looking at off site places and see how much more room we'll get, but really how much time are we going to spend in our room?

My plan is to go Jan 15 - 24 and then spend a few days in Cleawater as my kids have never seen the ocean (being from Central Canada and all).

I look forward to planning with you all over the next year!

You can add me to the Jan 2014 list. This will be my first time in 25 years and my DH, DS (8) and DD (5) (at time of travel) - 1st time.

It is so far away but it is all I can think about. I am pricing everything out now with 2013 prices to see which way we want to go. I am leaning to on-site Moderate with the dining plan. But I keep looking at off site places and see how much more room we'll get, but really how much time are we going to spend in our room?

My plan is to go Jan 15 - 24 and then spend a few days in Cleawater as my kids have never seen the ocean (being from Central Canada and all).

I look forward to planning with you all over the next year!

Yay! 25 years eh? My visit last month was my first trip in 18 years and the very first ever trip (anywhere!) for my kids! It was so amazing!

I've been told we have to wait until SUMMER or so before there will be package info out for January. I'm hoping for a week with FREE DINING. Food is so expensive there! I was in shock but thankfully we had scored a free dining package so I didn't have to pay for much food.

We hardly spent ANY time in our room but I was thankfull to be onsite. No rental car. No toll roads. Busses drop you off right near the front gate. Plus you can go to the EMH (extra magic hours) that is only open to guests at WDW resorts.

Where do you live? I'm just outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba! :dance3:

I NEED you guys to talk to for this trip. I've decided it's going to be a SURPRISE trip!!!! :woohoo::banana::love::cheer2:

Where do you live? I'm just outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba! :dance3:

I NEED you guys to talk to for this trip. I've decided it's going to be a SURPRISE trip!!!! :woohoo::banana::love::cheer2:

We are from Winnipeg and this is also going to be a surprise trip! A Christmas present if we fly from Grand Forks or a Day Of surprise if we fly out of Winnipeg. Maybe we'll end up being on the same flight!

We are renting a car since we'll be there for 2 weeks and we have some off site trips planned while staying at disney (Discovery Cove, Sea World, Shopping).

I really want to stay on site this time so my kids get the real experience of Disney, but we'll see what we end up doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter