<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Here is the recipe for the Onion Soup from the Concourse Steakhouse. I will look around for the salad recipe for you, too, FFXDSNADDICT. :upsidedow

Concourse Steakhouse: Onion Soup

10 ounces beef consommé
5 each sweet onions
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white wine
10 ounces chicken broth
10 ounces apple cider may be replaced by chicken stock
1/2 loaf country bread
kosher salt to taste
white pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
6 each sliced provolone
6 oz scallions
5 each Spanish onions

WOW- that has a whole lot more going on than the Chefs soup...seems odd as the Chefs soup was so much yummier!

WOW- that has a whole lot more going on than the Chefs soup...seems odd as the Chefs soup was so much yummier!
It's funny you should mention this as I just got online to add a note to the Onion Soup recipe from Bistro de Paris (page 33) After reading gismo's post above about onion soup, it reminded me that I needed to note on the Bistro recipe that the recipe is most likely incomplete. A fellow Diser pointed out that there is no mention of any beef bouillon which more than likely was just omitted by mistake :confused3

Restaurant Marrakesh: Beef Brewat Rolls

1 pound ground beef
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 ounce chopped coriander
1 ounce chopped parsley

Mix above ingredients and brown. Then add:

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch ginger
1 pinch saffron
1 teaspon salt
2 eggs, whipped
1 ounce peanut oil

Add to beef and herb mixture, cook fully, then cool.
Wrap 1 ounce of meat mixture in a bastilla leaf (similar to a phyllo pastry sheet, found in Middle Eastern grocery stores). Deep fry rolls. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.

Is the Cheddar soup pretty easy to make? Also, can the recipe be halved since it makes so much? Thanks!:goodvibes

Yes its really easy! Doesn't take long either which was great. I would say it can be halved quite simply. It did make a lot and I wish I had tried to half it cause Im going to be eating soup forever lol

Yes its really easy! Doesn't take long either which was great. I would say it can be halved quite simply. It did make a lot and I wish I had tried to half it cause Im going to be eating soup forever lol

I always make a half batch - no problem...

I haven't had any success finding Kona Cafe's beef teriyaki recipe, but I did find a couple of recipes for pineapple teriyaki glaze that may be similar to the Kona Cafe's glaze (the menu says that they use a pineapple teriyaki glaze). Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck finding the exact recipes for some of the recipe requests. :sad2: Here are the recipes (from cooks.com):

Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze I:

1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. ginger, minced

10 oz. sirloin strip steak

Combine all ingredients and marinate steak for 12 hours. Broil/grill steak to desired doneness. Brush glaze on steak before turning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This next recipe is actually a glaze for ribs, but I'm sure it will work just as well on steak.

Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze II:

1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. fresh grated ginger (or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger)
1 clove garlic, minced

In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring frequently. Continue to stir for about 2 minutes more. Brush on steak during the last few minutes of grilling.

Makes about 3/4 cup of glaze.

Those types of glazes are pretty popular in Hawaii (where I'm originally from) and you can even get bottled pineapple teriyaki glazes (as well as other flavored glazes) from some Hawaii-based companies. Unfortunately, I don't think that I'm allowed to give out the company names on this site, so you'll have to do a google search. I hope this helps! :)

I would like to say thank you again. I made this last night and my children and Disney's Grumpiest husband couldn't get enough. Though I did marinate the steak for 48 hours.
So now even Grumpy has been looking at this thread for recipes so we can have a Disney cooking night.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks Gismo and Akalittleeva! What (if anything) do you serve with this? Can this be a main dish?

Thanks Gismo and Akalittleeva! What (if anything) do you serve with this? Can this be a main dish?

I just served some fresh bread on the side as it was such a thick soup it was difficult to serve it with anything else

Great-that's what I was hoping! I plan on making this soon! Thanks!

I just served a great bread, too - next time - I think I'm going to try the pretzel bread.

OT - I've just decided for Super Bowl this year, I'm going to do a Disney recipe theme - why not, eh - Cheddar Soup/Sticky Wings/Dalkey Duo/Spinach & Artichoke Dip and I might try to recreate No Way Jose Sundaes - should be some good eating!

Please tell us, disneyfav4ever-How did it turn out?! I also have the recipe for this marinade (as well as the Jack Daniels' Glaze from the YS) and noticed the ingredients are just a little bit different than the recipe you have. Just wondering how you liked it as I was planning on trying it soon. :upsidedow
I really liked it. I didn't use Jack Daniels, since I didn't have any of that on hand, I just used some kind of bourbon that we had on hand, (no idea what brand it was.) But it turned out very well. We had it marinating just over 24 hours, probably 27 or 28. Oh, and I also didn't have pineapple juice, so I used orange juice. I would love trying this again with Jack Daniels and pineapple juice.

I really liked it. I didn't use Jack Daniels, since I didn't have any of that on hand, I just used some kind of bourbon that we had on hand, (no idea what brand it was.) But it turned out very well. We had it marinating just over 24 hours, probably 27 or 28. Oh, and I also didn't have pineapple juice, so I used orange juice. I would love trying this again with Jack Daniels and pineapple juice.

I would bet the brand of bourbon won't make a difference in the final product since the term "bourbon" is only applied to the corn mash type of whiskey produced in Kentucky. The standards for calling it "bourbon" are tightly watched in Kentucky........it is a point of pride for the state. Now the orange juice probably did alter the flavor, but the result was pleasing I bet. When I make teriyaki from scratch, I use both oj and/or pineapple juice depending on the meat or sometimes the spices I have on hand. Let us know how the recipe comes out with the pineapple.

:thumbsup2

I have looked all over Publix for passion fruit puree for the Passion Fruit tarts from Boma. Does anyone have an idea for a substitution or where to buy it?
We have Fresh Market grocery that I have not tried yet.

I have looked all over Publix for passion fruit puree for the Passion Fruit tarts from Boma. Does anyone have an idea for a substitution or where to buy it?
That stuff is impossible to find. I recommend just using another tropical fruit puree.

Go check out your local international market......they often have these types of product as they are staples in foreign pantries.

Go check out your local international market......they often have these types of product as they are staples in foreign pantries.

Very good idea! Everyone is so nice and helpful here! The Cheddar Cheese Soup is simmering on the stove now, and it smells fabulous!!:goodvibes

I've just decided for Super Bowl this year, I'm going to do a Disney recipe theme - why not, eh - Cheddar Soup/Sticky Wings/Dalkey Duo/Spinach & Artichoke Dip and I might try to recreate No Way Jose Sundaes - should be some good eating!
You do know the rules for using any of the recipes in this thread, don't you, akalittleeva? You must invite all of us to your house to sample all of the great food! Just PM each of us with the date & time. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter