<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

I'd brush it on the meat after it was cooked, but before it was eaten. I think if you put it on during the cooking, the roasted garlic might scorch and turn bitter.
I agree with allyphoe. :thumbsup2
Thanks, simbee, for posting this recipe. I have never had dinner at 'Ohana yet this sounds yummy!

I'd brush it on the meat after it was cooked, but before it was eaten. I think if you put it on during the cooking, the roasted garlic might scorch and turn bitter.

Thanks I will have to give it a try This weekend but will start the marinade on Thursday night.

I agree with allyphoe. :thumbsup2
Thanks, simbee, for posting this recipe. I have never had dinner at 'Ohana yet this sounds yummy!

No problem. You are definately welcome. If you have the chance to go to Ohana's I would go. We have gone everytime we have went to Disney and we love it.

I really am in dire need my kids have been begging me for this, and the beef teryaki from Kona for the past month and I want to make this for them sometime this week.

I haven't had any success finding Kona Cafe's beef teriyaki recipe, but I did find a couple of recipes for pineapple teriyaki glaze that may be similar to the Kona Cafe's glaze (the menu says that they use a pineapple teriyaki glaze). Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck finding the exact recipes for some of the recipe requests. :sad2: Here are the recipes (from cooks.com):

Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze I:

1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. ginger, minced

10 oz. sirloin strip steak

Combine all ingredients and marinate steak for 12 hours. Broil/grill steak to desired doneness. Brush glaze on steak before turning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This next recipe is actually a glaze for ribs, but I'm sure it will work just as well on steak.

Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze II:

1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. fresh grated ginger (or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger)
1 clove garlic, minced

In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring frequently. Continue to stir for about 2 minutes more. Brush on steak during the last few minutes of grilling.

Makes about 3/4 cup of glaze.

Those types of glazes are pretty popular in Hawaii (where I'm originally from) and you can even get bottled pineapple teriyaki glazes (as well as other flavored glazes) from some Hawaii-based companies. Unfortunately, I don't think that I'm allowed to give out the company names on this site, so you'll have to do a google search. I hope this helps! :)

Thank you so much I will let you know how it came out. I am so sorry about the double and triple posts. Ever since the Dis switched servers I have been having so much trouble posting.

I haven't had any success finding Kona Cafe's beef teriyaki recipe, but I did find a couple of recipes for pineapple teriyaki glaze that may be similar to the Kona Cafe's glaze (the menu says that they use a pineapple teriyaki glaze). Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck finding the exact recipes for some of the recipe requests. :sad2: Here are the recipes (from cooks.com):

Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze I:

1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. ginger, minced

10 oz. sirloin strip steak

Combine all ingredients and marinate steak for 12 hours. Broil/grill steak to desired doneness. Brush glaze on steak before turning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This next recipe is actually a glaze for ribs, but I'm sure it will work just as well on steak.

Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze II:

1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. fresh grated ginger (or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger)
1 clove garlic, minced

In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring frequently. Continue to stir for about 2 minutes more. Brush on steak during the last few minutes of grilling.

Makes about 3/4 cup of glaze.

Those types of glazes are pretty popular in Hawaii (where I'm originally from) and you can even get bottled pineapple teriyaki glazes (as well as other flavored glazes) from some Hawaii-based companies. Unfortunately, I don't think that I'm allowed to give out the company names on this site, so you'll have to do a google search. I hope this helps! :)

Thanks for the recipes- they sound yummy. :upsidedow :upsidedow

Thank you so much I will let you know how it came out. I am so sorry about the double and triple posts. Ever since the Dis switched servers I have been having so much trouble posting.

You're welcome!! I hope it turns out great! :goodvibes

(By the way, you're not the only DISer to complain about multiple posts since the server switch. Apparently, it has been a problem for a lot of other people. :confused3 )

OK finally got around to making this and it was officially fantastic. Left out the celery but it was gorgeous!

Very cool, gismo! The perfect time of year for soups! :thumbsup2 One of these days I want to try the Crab & Corn Soup from CRT. :upsidedow

Here's a recipe I used a few days ago;

Bourbon Steak Marinade - Yachtsman Steakhouse

1 Cup Bourbon
1 Cup Pineapple Juice
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2/3 Cup Soy Sauce
4 Cups Water

Mix all ingredients, and marinade steaks 24 hours.

This recipe is enough for 12 steaks, so I only used a third of it for two pounds of steak, and that was enough.

Here's a recipe I used a few days ago;

Bourbon Steak Marinade - Yachtsman Steakhouse

1 Cup Bourbon
1 Cup Pineapple Juice
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2/3 Cup Soy Sauce
4 Cups Water

Mix all ingrediant, and marnade steaks 24 hours.

This recipe is enough for 12 steaks, so I only used a third of it for two pounds of steak, and that was enough.

Please tell us, disneyfav4ever-How did it turn out?! I also have the recipe for this marinade (as well as the Jack Daniels' Glaze from the YS) and noticed the ingredients are just a little bit different than the recipe you have. Just wondering how you liked it as I was planning on trying it soon. :upsidedow

So I checked the list of recipes that were already on here and didn't see the two Im now determined to find.. Does anyone have The Tomato/Mozzarella salad or the French Onion Soup from the Concourse Steakhouse. Oh the email address I can use to request them. I know the Concourse is closing so I want to get these before it does close! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

So I checked the list of recipes that were already on here and didn't see the two Im now determined to find.. Does anyone have The Tomato/Mozzarella salad or the French Onion Soup from the Concourse Steakhouse. Oh the email address I can use to request them. I know the Concourse is closing so I want to get these before it does close! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Here is the recipe for the Onion Soup from the Concourse Steakhouse. I will look around for the salad recipe for you, too, FFXDSNADDICT. :upsidedow

Concourse Steakhouse: Onion Soup

10 ounces beef consommé
5 each sweet onions
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white wine
10 ounces chicken broth
10 ounces apple cider may be replaced by chicken stock
1/2 loaf country bread
kosher salt to taste
white pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
6 each sliced provolone
6 oz scallions
5 each Spanish onions

Trim ends off each onion. Then slice from end to end. Remove peel and finely slice into half moon shapes. Set electric skillet to 300 degrees and add butter. Once butter is melted add a layer of onions and sprinkle with salt Repeat layering of onions and salt until all onions are in skillet. Do not stir. Leave the onions in the pot for 15-20 minutes. (Allow the onions to sweat down.) Stir occasionally until the onions are golden brown and reduce to approximately 2 cups.
This process will take about 45 min to an hour. Add enough wine to cover the onions and turn heat to high reducing the wine to a syrup consistency. Add consommé, chicken stock and the optional apple cider. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 min. Add the scallions chopped. Cut the bread into fine slices and toast them.
Place the soup in 6 single oven proof bowls, top with crouton, provolone cheese and parmesan grated. Place in preheated oven 375 degrees. Bake until cheese has melted and is brown.

Very cool, gismo! The perfect time of year for soups! :thumbsup2 One of these days I want to try the Crab & Corn Soup from CRT. :upsidedow

lol well making french onion soup once Ive finished the cheese soup (made a little too much lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter