<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Have ADR's at the following restaurants and will try to get any recipes you need:
WCC
Tusker House
Kona Cafe
Yachtsman Steakhouse
CRT
Tony's Town Square
Coral Reef
Narcoossee's
And still trying for Artist's Point in WL
Gretchen

Chocolate Cookie Mousse
Cape May Cafe, Disney's Beach Club
Yield: 6 servings

6 chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling
2/3 cup (5.5 oz) white chocolate
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon granulated gelatin
3 egg yolks

1. Crumble purchased cookies into fine pieces in a food processor.
2. Melt white chocolate in top of double boiler over hot water. When melted, remove from heat.
3. With a heavy cream until medium-firm peaks form.
4. Pour 1/4 of the whipped heavy cream into a saucepan and sprinkle in the gelatin. Let sit for about 3 minutes, until the gelatin softens and swells.
5. Heat gelatin over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and gently blend in egg yolks.
6. Add melted chocolate, stirring fast to avoid lumps.
7. Fold the remaining whipped heavy cream and cookies together, then fold into white chocolate mixture. Pour into serving bowls (champagne glasses are wine glasses work well).
8. Refrigerate for two hours before serving.

WooHoo!! :cool1:

Have ADR's at the following restaurants and will try to get any recipes you need:
WCC
Tusker House
Kona Cafe
Yachtsman Steakhouse
CRT
Tony's Town Square
Coral Reef
Narcoossee's
Gretchen
Thanks so much for the offer - I PMed you an updated request list for those places.

Reviews: I made the Crystal Palace Mango Flan this weekend and I made half the recipe as 2 1/2 cups eggs = 12 eggs. It was very good though you'd never know it was mango except for the title. I love flans and I thought this was was a little densely textured for my taste - but still very good. With the leftover milks and mango & 2 egg, I threw together my own flan and liked it better as it had a really good mango taste and less eggs.
I also made the Caramel French Toast from the Grand Californian in DL and it was fabulous. I've been trying some bread recipes from Cooking with Mickey and the Chefs of WDW and the Flax Seed Bread (Grand Floridian) was great - like a focaccia. The Seven Grain bread (same place) was also good but I probably wouldn't make it again.

This thread is amazing!!!!

Does anyone have the recipe for the sauteed mushrooms from the Yachtsman steakhouse? We loved those.

thanks!

You didn't specify what version so Wendy Brown (Yacht & Beach Food & Beverage) was kind enough to send 2 versions. Maybe one corresponds with the side dish - Sauteed Mushroom Caps - Smothered with Sherry and Cabernet wine sauce on the menu.

Mushrooms in Cognac Sauce
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort

1 lb. Button Mushrooms, rinsed
½ oz Garlic, Minced
1 oz Shallots, Minced
4 oz Cognac
¼ cup Butter, whole or clarified
16 oz Bordelaise Sauce
1. Sauté garlic and shallots in butter, add whole button mushrooms, cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
2.Add Cognac and flame off.
Add Bordelaise Sauce, bring to a boil and reduce by half.

Bordelaise Sauce:

2 TBS Shallots, minced or (white onion)
1 sprig Thyme, fresh
1 Bay leaf
1 qt. Red Wine (Cabernet)
1 qt. Canned beef consommé (unsalted)
1 TBS Bone Marrow, poached, diced
3 cups Brown Gravy of sauce

Combine the shallots, thyme, bay leaf, consommé, and red wine; reduce this mixture to one cup.
· Add to brown gravy or sauce, simmer for 20 minutes and strain
·
Add bone marrow or chopped mushrooms.
·
Season to taste with salt and pepper

If bone marrow is not desired, use 1 tsp. finely chopped, cooked white mushrooms.

Mushrooms w/Cabernet Sauce
Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort
8 oz Onion
8 oz Celery
5 oz Carrot
16 oz Leeks
1 oz Garlic
.5 oz Porcini Powder
.5 oz Tomato Paste
.5 oz Sugar
1 sprig Fresh Thyme
1 Bay Leaf
4 oz Cabernet
12 oz Water
.5 oz Balsamic Vinegar
1 oz Beef Base

Toss the mushrooms in the olive oil and roast in a moderate oven until well browned. Stir in the paste and roast until paste begins to caramelize. Place roasting pan on the stove and deglaze with the wine, scraping pan well.

Place mixture in the steam kettle and add the water. Bring to a simmer, then add in the beef base, thyme, bay leaf, peppercorns and procini powder. Simmer for 1 - 2 hours. Add in the vinegar and adjust the seasoning.

Thicken with a little arrow root, strain through a chinoise.

AllEars.net has updated again and here are the new ones that we haven't posted here (some are my submissions so we have them).

Malted Waffles
Trail's End, Fort Wilderness
Yield: 6 waffles

2 Cups All-purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Malt
2 Tablespoons Corn Meal
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 1/4 Tablespoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Each Eggs, beaten
1/4 Cup Butter, melted
2 Cups Milk
1 Tbsp Vanilla

Preheat a waffle iron, grease lightly. Sift together the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, and Salt into a large bowl. Set aside. Combine the Eggs, melted Butter, and Milk in a medium bowl. Slowly stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until moistened. For each waffle, pour about 3/4 cup of batter into a waffle iron, close the lid and bake until the steaming stops.

Shrimp Lo Mein
Pop Century, WDW

3 ounces canola oil
120 shrimp 41-52 count, cooked
6 ounces of broccoli slaw
Yellow onions, julienned
1 ¾ pound of carrots, shredded
Red Bell pepper, julienned
Peas
Cabbage, shredded
Mushrooms, sliced
2 ½ pounds of Lo Mein noodles
1 ounce of ginger, minced
1 ounce of garlic, minced
2 ounces of rice wine
3 ounces of Soya sauce
10 ounces of vegetable stock
1 pound of Bok Choy, Bias cut
2 ounces of house seasoning (Black pepper and salt)
3 ounces of Thai Chili sauce
.05 ounce of sesame oil

In wok, heat canola oil, saute garlic and ginger. Add shrimp, vegetables, noodles, rice wine, soya sauce, and house seasoning. Add stock and heat. Finish with sesame oil and serve.

Au Gratin Potatoes
Boatwright’s, Port Orleans Riverside

1.5 pounds Sliced Potatoes
4 ounces Pecorino Cheese
4 ounces Diced Onions
½ quart Heavy Cream
1 ounce Bacon Fat
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Pepper

Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Place mixture in baking pan and bake for 45 min. at 375°.

WCC
Tusker House
Kona Cafe
Yachtsman Steakhouse
CRT
Tony's Town Square
Coral Reef
Narcoossee's
Gretchen

Hi GRETCHEN,
I sent you a private message with my wish list.

Thanks!

New England Blueberry Blast
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club (Orlando Sentinel Dec. 07)
Yield: 8 servings.

Vanilla panna cotta
1 gelatin sheet (see note)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped

Blueberry compote
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 pint fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons crème de cassis

Tart dough
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour

Tart filling
1/2 cup sugar
1 pound sour cream
3 eggs
1/2 cup each: flour (sifted) and heavy cream
2 cups fresh blueberries

1. For panna cotta, bloom gelatin in ice water 5 minutes. Heat cream, sugar and vanilla bean with scrapings on medium heat. When mixture bubbles, but not boils, remove from heat. Squeeze excess water from gelatin sheet and add to cream mixture. Stir 1 minute. Strain mixture; chill in ice bath until it begins to set. Refrigerate overnight.
2. For compote, cook sugar and water on medium heat until sugar turns a caramel color and bubbles begin to show. Turn off heat. Add berries and crème de cassis. Stir until caramel is dissolved and berries just softened. Cool completely.
3. For tart, heat oven to 350 F. Spray 13 3/4 -by-4 1/2 -inch tart pan. With mixer with paddle attachment, blend sugar and butter until smooth, 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until just combined. Add flour, mixing until smooth. Remove from bowl. Knead 10 turns. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour. On floured surface, roll dough to 16-by-6-inch rectangle. Put dough into tart pan and work into corners and sides.
4. For filling, mix sugar and sour cream. Whisk in eggs. Stir in flour. Whisk cream to soft peaks. Fold into sour-cream mixture. Spread berries in tart pan. Pour batter in until level with top. Bake 25 minutes. Dough and filling will bake above pan but will settle while cooling.
5. Whip panna cotta until it holds its shape. Spoon 3 tablespoons onto plate and create a well. Add 2 tablespoons compote to well. Put 1 slice tart onto plate.
Recipe note: This type of gelatin used by many chefs comes in paper-thin sheets. Four sheets equal one package powdered gelatin.

I made Boma's Mulligatawny off the recipe you have here (I loved it when I had it 2 weeks ago!) and it came out AWESOME! It is sooooo good! I can't get enough! The layers of spicy and sweet, mmmm-mmmm-mmmm! Thanks for helping me bring a taste of Boma home!

I am planning on trying the Watermelon Rind Salad tomorrow, another fave I enjoyed there!

You guys are great!

Allyson

Raspberry Stampede
Coral Reef Restaurant, Epcot
Glassware: Teardrop Glass
Preparation: Frozen

1.25 oz Stoli Raspberry Vodka
.5 oz Ice Cream Mix (Melted vanilla ice cream)
.25 oz Chambord (Floater), Swirled over top
Garnish: Whipped Cream topped with a raspberry

Breakfast Potato Casserole

Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom
Yield: 6 servings

1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 cups Milk
1 cup Cheddar Cheese - mild, shredded
4 cups Potatoes - diced and cooked
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Onions - diced
1/4 cup Butter – melted

Dice and cook the potatoes, dice the onions and gather the remaining ingredients. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add onions and sauté about 2 minutes. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Add flour, stir to make a paste, called a roux. Cook the roux for about 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add 3 cups milk stirring until all lumps are gone. Cook mixture for 10 minutes while stirring. Add potatoes, cheese and seasonings. Mix until cheese is melted. You may refrigerate at this point until ready to use. Place in pre-heated oven at 350 for approximately 10 minutes.

Shrimp Oreganata
Portobello Yacht Club, Downtown Disney
Serves 4

4 portions - 16 ea Shrimp (u-15) peeled, deveined with the tail left on
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano ¼ cup Grated parmesan cheese
2 cups plum tomatoes (diced)
2 tablespoons sliced garlic
1 cup white wine
½ cup butter
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Prepare the bread crumbs:

Combine cheese, bread crumbs and oregano in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.

Crust the shrimp:
Press 1 tablespoon bread crumb mixture into each shrimp on the side which has been cut to remove the vein. You should have enough bread crumb mixture to crust 16 shrimp. Distribute it evenly. Shrimp may be prepared and refrigerated ahead of time.

Prepare the dish:
Pre-heat oven and a large heavy skillet to 500 F. Add olive oil to hot skillet and allow oil to heat. Arrange shrimp in skillet and cook about half way (3-4 minutes). Add wine and butter to pan along with diced tomato and sliced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Return pan to the oven and cook until shrimp are done (4-5 minutes more). During the cooking time, the wine, butter and juices from the tomato will reduce and come together like a sauce.
Serve 4 shrimp on each of 4 plates with the tomato relish in the middle for appetizer portions or serve on a large platter for family style. Pour the white wine butter sauce left in the pan over the shrimp and tomatoes.

Tips: u-15 shrimp denotes the size (15 shrimp per pound). Pre-heating the oven and pan will prevent sticking. Crust your shrimp ahead of time. They will hold for about a day. Try serving with crusty bread to absorb the juices on the plate. Always season as you go. If your sauce is too loose when shrimp are cooked, continue to reduce it on the stove after removing shrimp.

I'll add it to the request list. I've updated the index and request list and grouped the recipes by restaurant as well as course categories so everything should be easier to find. I'll wait till tomorrow to hear from lynninpa and then I'll (hopefully) get a mod help to edit both posts.

We have 4 requests for the Concourse Steakhouse which is slated to be closed - so if anyone is going there it would be wonderful if you could ask for these recipes. When posting a requested recipe could we perhaps quote the original request post? It makes it easier to keep the request list updated. :goodvibes

Thank You!:upsidedow

I read about the coconut flan just a couple of weeks ago and it looked yummy. I forgot in which thread it was in/resturant it was in. In any case I would love to have the recipe. Thanks

If you can figure out which restaurant it was from, and if I'm going there, I'll be happy to try to get the recipe for the coconut flan for you.
Gretchen

I read about the coconut flan just a couple of weeks ago and it looked yummy. I forgot in which thread it was in/resturant it was in. In any case I would love to have the recipe. Thanks

Could you mean the Dulce de Coco (Caramel and Coconut Flan) from the 2007 Epcot Food and Wine Festival?
The Crystal Palace has a Coconut Flan on the Dinner Buffet menu as well.

I think it was the the Crystal Palace. Thank you. That will be great to have the recipe. I won't be going until Oct. Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter